写形容迪斯尼的唯美句子美词佳句

来自迪士尼百科
-{T|华特迪士尼语录 - Walt Disney's Quotes}-
华特迪士尼先生 - Mr. Walt Disney
(Walt Disney)作为一个传奇梦想家,一个极度有创意、预见力的人和的创始人,一生中说过很多发人深醒、富有哲理的话。这些话不仅长期教育迪士尼公司的员工,成为迪士尼文化的核心,更是被广泛应用于世界各国的各个行业、各个人群,为世界人们带来无限灵感。
这里为大家呈现华特迪士尼先生最被广泛应用的语录条目,这些条目也同样在下面的分类中呈现。
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."我只希望人们不要忘记一件事,那就是一切都开始于一直老鼠。
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."做不可能的事情是一种欢乐。
"Disneyland will never be completed, as long as there is imagination left in the world."只要幻想存在于这个世界,迪士尼乐园就永远不会完工。
"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dream a reality." 你可以梦想、创作、设计和建造世界上最奇妙的地方。可是,这些梦想都需要人的努力才能成真。
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether we be six or sixty."我并非主要给孩子拍摄电影,我拍的电影是献给我们每个人心中的孩子,不管我们是6岁还是60。
"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life."只要美利坚对于自由和美好生活充满信念,明天就会更加美好。
"We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious."我们保持前进,开拓新的领域并做新的事情,因为我们有好奇心。
"I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."我爱米奇胜过爱我认识的任何女人。
"I feel a great sense of obligation and gratitude toward the Order of DeMolay for the important part it played in my life. Its precepts have been invaluable in making decisions, facing dilemmas and crises. DeMolay stands for all that is good for the family and for our country. I feel privileged to have enjoyed membership in DeMolay."
"People like to think their world is somehow more grown up than Papa's was."
"I sell corn, and I love corn."
"My big brother Roy was already in Los Angeles as a patient in the Veteran's Hospital. When he got out, we had more in common than brotherly love. Both of us were unemployed and neither could get a job. We solved the problem by going into business for ourselves. We established the first animated cartoon studio in Hollywood."
来源:Walt Disney's Speech - "Showman of the World" 10/1/66
"Well, in order to crack the field, I said, 'I've got to get something a little unique,' you see. Now they had the clown out of the inkwell who played with the live people. So I reversed it. I took the live person and put him into the cartoon field. I said, 'that's a new twist.' And it sold. I was surprised myself. (ANIMATED CARTOONS)
来源:ABC Radio Portrait - Walt Disney with Pat McGinnis 1/30/65
(相关话题为DREAMS, MONEY, PERSONNEL, TELEVISION)
华特迪士尼和迪士尼乐园地图
"Disneyland will never be completed, as long as there is imagination left in the world." 只要幻想存在于这个世界,迪士尼乐园就永远不会完工。
来源:KNBC Survey between Walt Disney and Bob Wright 8/24/66
Disneyland Tencennial newspaper supplement
Dateline Disneyland TV show (Disneyland opening)
Walt Disney World Background and Philosophy by Marty Sklar 1967
"When we opened Disneyland, a lot of people got the impression that it was a get-rich-quick thing, but they didn't realize that behind Disneyland was this great organization that I built here at the Studio, and they all got into it and we were doing it because we loved to do it." (ORGANIZATION)
来源:Walt Disney's interview with Bert Reisfeld 1965
"Disneyland is a thing that I can keep molding and shaping. It's a three-dimensional thing to play with. But when I say, 'play with it,' I don't mean that. Everything I do I keep a practical eye towards its appeal to the public."
来源:Peter Martin transcript reel 11
"Disneyland would be a world of Americans, past and present, seen through the eyes of my imagination-a place of warmth and nostalgia, of illusion and color and delight."
来源:Walt's Files - Disneyland folder
"When I started on Disneyland, my wife used to say, 'But why do you want to build an amusement park? They're so dirty.' I told her that was just the point - mine wouldn't be."当我开始建造迪士尼乐园的时候,我的妻子曾经对我说:‘你为什么要建一个游乐园?游乐园都很脏。’我告诉她那就是原因,我要建的不会那样。
来源:Walt Disney Interviews from newspaper clippings on Walt Disney World
"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass, to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world."
"Physically, Disneyland would be a small world in itself - it would encompass the essence of the things that were good and true in American life. It would reflect the faith and challenge of the future, the entertainment, the interest in intelligently presented facts, the stimulation of the imagination, the standards of health and achievement, and above all, a sense of strength, contentment and well-being."
"A word may be said in regard to the concept and conduct of Disneyland's operational tone. Although various sections will have the fun and flavor of a carnival or amusement park, there will be none of the 'pitches,' game wheels, sharp practices and devices designed to milk the visitor's pocketbook."
"Almost everyone warned us that Disneyland would be a Hollywood spectacular - a spectacular failure. But they were thinking about an amusement park, and we believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."
来源:Total Image Presentation Walt Disney 1965
"A lot of people don't realize that we have some very serious problems here, keepin' this thing going and gettin' it started. I remember when we opened, if anybody recalls, we didn't have enough money to finish the landscaping and I had Bill Evans go out and put Latin tags on all the weeds."
来源:Disneyland Tencennial Disneyland Hotel 7/17/65
"I had diff one time it was three and a half million and then I kept fooling around a little more with it and it got up to seven and a half million and I kept fooling around a little more and pretty soon it was twelve and a half and I think when we opened Disneyland it was seventeen million dollars."
来源:Walt Disney's interview with Fletcher Markel for the Canadian Broadcasting Co. 9/25/63
"It came about when my daughters were very young and Saturday was always daddy's day with the two daughters. So we'd start out and try to go someplace, you know, different things, and I'd take them to the merry-go-round and I took them different places and as I'd sit while they rode the merry-go-round and did all these things - sit on a bench, you know, eating peanuts - I felt that there should be something built where the parents and the children could have fun together. So that's how Disneyland started. Well, it took many years ... it was a period of maybe 15 years developing. I started with many ideas, threw them away, started all over again. And eventually it evolved into what you see today at Disneyland. But it all started from a daddy with two daughters wondering where he could take them where he could have a little fun with them, too."
来源:Walt Disney's interview with Fletcher Markel for the Canadian Broadcasting Co. 9/25/63
"I just want to leave you with this thought, that it's just been sort of a dress rehearsal and we're just getting started. So if any of you start resting on your laurels, I mean just forget it, because...we are just getting started."
来源:Disneyland Tencennial Disneyland Hotel 7/17/65
"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past - and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America - with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
来源:Dateline Disneyland TV show (Disneyland opening)
"Disneyland is like a piece of clay, if there is something I don't like, I'm not stuck with it. I can reshape and revamp."
来源:Disneyland Press Clippings - Tencennial Publicity Book 2
"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."不管什么时候,只要我搭乘一个游乐设施我总是会想这个设施有什么问题、怎么去改进它。
来源:Disneyland Press Clippings - Tencennial Publicity Book 2
"It's no secret that we were sticking just about every nickel we had on the chance that people would really be interested in something totally new and unique in the field of entertainment." (ENTERTAINMENT)
来源:Disneyland Press Clippings - Tencennial Publicity Book 1
"We did it, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
"The more I go to other amusement parks in all parts of the world, the more I am convinced of the wisdom of the original concepts of Disneyland. I mean, have a single entrance through which all the traffic would flow, then a hub off which the various areas were situated. That gives people a sense of orientation - they know where they are at all times. And it saves a lot of walking."
"Disneyland will be the essence of America as we know it, the nostalgia of the past, with exciting glimpses into the future. It will give meaning to the pleasure of the children - and pleasure to the experience of adults. It will focus a new interest upon Southern California through the mediums of television and other exploitation. It will be a place for California to be at home, to bring its guests, to demonstrate its faith in the future. And, mostly as stated at the beginning - it will be a place for the people to find happiness and knowledge."
来源:Walt Disney World Background and Philosophy by Marty Sklar 1967
"The idea of Disneyland is a simple one. It will be a place for people to find happiness and knowledge. It will be a place for parents and children to share pleasant times in one another' a place for teachers and pupils to discover greater ways of understanding and education. Here the older generation can recapture the nostalgia of days gone by, and the younger generation can savor the challenge of the future. Here will be the wonders of Nature and Man for all to see and understand. Disneyland will be based upon and dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and hard facts that have created America. And it will be uniquely equipped to dramatize these dreams and facts and send them forth as a source of courage and inspiration to all the world. Disneyland will be sometimes a fair, an exhibition, a playground, a community center, a museum of living facts, and a showplace of beauty and magic. It will be filled with accomplishments, the joys and hopes of the world we live in. And it will remind us and show us how to make these wonders part of our own lives."
"Disneyland is a show."迪士尼乐园是个演出。
来源:Peter Martin transcript reel 1 (1961)
"In the wintertime you can go out there during the week and you won't see any children. You'll see the oldsters out there riding all these rides and having fun and everything. Summertime, of course, the average would drop down. But the overall, year-round average, it's four adults to one child."
"The idea for Disneyland lay dormant for several years. It came along when I was taking my kids around to these kiddie parks...I took them to zoos, I took them everywhere, and while they were on the merry-go-round riding 40 times or something, I'd be sitting there trying to figure what I could do. When I built the Studio I thought we ought to have a three-dimension thing that people could actually come and visit - they can't visit our Studio because the rooms are small. So I had a little dream for Disneyland adjoining the Studio, but I couldn't get anybody to go in with me because we were going through this depression. And whenever I'd go down and talk to my brother about it, why he'd always suddenly get busy with some figures so, I mean, I didn't dare bring it up. But I kept working on it and I worked on it with my own money. Not the Studio's money, but my own money."
来源:Peter Martin transcript reel 9
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." (MONEY) 迪士尼乐园是爱的结晶,我们想到建造迪士尼乐园,不仅仅是一个赚钱的创意。
来源:Walt Disney's interview with Bert Reisfeld 1965 [
"When we were planning Disneyland, we hoped that we could build something that would command the respect of the community and after 10 years, I feel that we've accomplished that, not only the community but the country as a whole."
来源:Florida Press Conference 11/15/65
"Drawing up plans and dreaming of what I could do, everything. It was just something I kind of kept playing around with."
"It's something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing, keep plussing and adding to. It's alive. It will be a live breathing thing that will need change. A picture is a thing, once you wrap it up and turn it over to Technicolor you're through. Snow White is a dead issue with me. A live picture I just finished, the one I wrapped up a few weeks ago, it's gone, I can't touch it. There's things in it I don' I can't do anything about it. I wanted something alive, something that could grow, something I could keep the Park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The things will get more beautiful each year. And as I find out what the public likes and when a picture's finished and I put it out, I find out what the public doesn't like, I can't change it, it's finished, but I can change the Park, because it's alive. That is why I wanted that Park."
"I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park. I want them to feel they're in another world."
"Disneyland is not just another amusement park. It's unique,and I want it kept that way. Besides, you don't work for a dollar - you work to create and have fun."
"Everybody thinks that the Park is a gold mine - but we have had our problems. You've got to work it and know how to handle it. Even trying to keep that park clean is a tremendous expense. And those sharp pencil guys tell you, 'Walt, if we cut down on maintenance, we'd save a lot of money.' But I don't believe in that - it's like any ot it must be kept clean and fresh."
"To try to keep an operation like Disneyland going you have to pour it in there. It's what I call 'Keeping the show on the road.' Not just new attractions, but keeping it staffed properly?you know, never letting your personnel get sloppy...never let them be unfriendly. That's been our policy all our lives. My brother and I have done that and that is what has built our organization." (PERSONNEL, ORGANIZATION)
"There are many ways that you can use those certain basic things and give them a new decor, a new treatment. I've been doing that with Disneyland. Some of my things I've redone as I've gone along, reshaped them."
"The first year I leased out the parking concession, brought in the usual security guards - things like that - but soon realized my mistake. I couldn't have outside help and still get over my idea of hospitality. So now we recruit and train every one of our employees. I tell the security police, for instance, that they are never to consider themselves cops. They are there to help people. The visitors are our guests. It's like running a fine restaurant. Once you get the policy going, it grows." (PERSONNEL)
"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."
"You can't live on things made for children - or for critics. I've never made films for either of them. Disneyland is not just for children. I don't play down." (CHILDREN)
"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
另一版本:"Disneyland will never be completed, as long as there is imagination left in the world."
只要幻想存在于这个世界,迪士尼乐园就永远不会完工。
"To make the dreams of Disneyland come true took the combined skills and talents of hundreds of artisans, carpenters, engineers, scientists and craftsmen. The dreams that they built now become your heritage. It is you who will make Disneyland truly a magic kingdom and a happy place for the millions of guests who will visit us now and in the future."
来源:Disneyland Guide Books "Your Disneyland" 1955
"Disneyland is the star. Everything else is in the supporting role."
来源:"The Art and Management of the Theme Park Show" by Van France
"Disneyland is often called a Magic Kingdom because it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning, together with every variety of recreation and fun designed to appeal to everyone.
来源:Disneyland Guide Books "Walt Disney's Guide to Disneyland"
"Disneyland will always be building and growing and adding new things new ways of having fun, of learning things and sharing the many exciting adventures which may be experienced here in the company of family and friends."
来源:Disneyland Guide Book "The Story of Disneyland" 1955
"Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday,tomorrow and fantasy.
来源:Disneyland Dictionary 1959
"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place - a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."我深切期盼迪士尼乐园,是一个能带给大家欢乐的园地,是一个不论老少都能共同体验生命之奇及探险之趣,并因此倍感受人生美好之处。
"Well, I think by this time my staff, my young group of executives, and everything else, are convinced that Walt is right. That quality will out. And so I think they're going to stay with that policy because it's proved that it's a good business policy. Give the people everything you can give them. Keep the place as clean as you can keep it. Keep it friendly, you know. Make it a real fun place to be. I think they're convinced and I think they'll hang on after as you say...well...after Disney." ( RECREATION)
来源:Dateline Disneyland TV Show (Disneyland opening)
"The way I see it, Disneyland will never be finished. It's something we can keep developing and adding to. A motion picture is different. Once it's wrapped up and sent out for processing,we're through with it. If there are things that could be improved,we can't do anything about them anymore. I've always wanted to work on something alive, something that keeps growing. We've got that in Disneyland."
"Well, it took many years. I started with many ideas, threw them away, started all over again. And eventually it evolved into what you see today at Disneyland."
"Disneyland really began when my two daughters were very young. Saturday was always Daddy's Day, and I would take them to the merry-go-round, and sit on a bench eating peanuts, while they rode. And sitting there alone, I felt there should be something built, some kind of family park where parents and children could have fun together."
来源:Dateline Disneyland TV Show (Disneyland opening)
DISNEYLAND - ADVENTURELAND Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers - silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers...the eerie sound of the jungle...with eyes that are always watching. This is Adventureland."
来源:Disneyland Guide Books
DISNEYLAND - FANTASYLAND "Here is the world of imagination, hopes and dreams. In this timeless land of enchantment, the age of chivalry, magic and make-believe are reborn - and fairy tales come true. Fantasyland is dedicated to the young-in-heart - to those who believe that when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.
DISNEYLAND - FRONTIERLAND "Here we experience the story of our country's past?the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stagecoach...the advent of the railroad...and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America."
DISNEYLAND - MAIN STREET, U.S.A. "Main Street, U.S.A. is America at the turn of the century - the crossroads of an era. The gas lamps and the electric lamp - the horsedrawn car and auto car. Main Street is everyone's home town - the heartline of America."
DISNEYLAND - SITE "Well, you know this Disneyland concept kept growing and growing and finally ended up where I felt like I needed two or three hundred acres. So I wanted it in the Southern C had certain things that I felt I needed, such as flat land because I wanted to make my own hills. So I had a survey group go out and hunt for areas that might be useful and they finally came back with several different areas and we settled on Anaheim. The price was right but there was more to it than that, and that is that Anaheim was a sort of a growing area and the freeway project was such that we could see that eventually the freeways would hit Anaheim as a sort of a hub so that's how we selected Anaheim."
来源:KNBC Survey Interview between Walt Disney and Bob Wright 8/24/66
"Anaheim was a town of 14,000 then, and if someone had mentioned that one year soon six million visitors would come to Disneyland, folks might have had second thoughts about inviting us. In fact, we might have had second thoughts about building a Disneyland!"
"I first saw the site for Disneyland back in 1953. In those days it was all flat land - no rivers, no mountains, no castles or rocket ships - just orange groves, and a few acres of walnut trees."
DISNEYLAND - TOMORROWLAND "A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man's achievements...a step into the future, with predictions of constructive things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure and ideals: the Atomic Age...the challenge of outer space...and the hope for a peaceful and unified world."
"Now, when we opened Disneyland, outer space was Buck Rogers. I did put in a trip to the moon. And I got Wernher Von Braun to help me plan the thing. And, of course, we were going up to the moon long before Sputnik. And since then has come Sputnik and then has come our great program in outer space. So I had to tear down my Tomorrowland that I built 11 years ago and rebuild it to keep pace.
来源:Walt Disney's speech - Medal of Honor winners - Lincoln Theater 10/14/66
(相关话题为WALT DISNEY WORLD)
"It's like the city of tomorrow ought to be. A city that caters to the people as a service function. It will be a planned, controlled community, a showcase for American industry and research, schools, cultural and educational opportunities."
来源:Walt Disney Interviews from newspaper clippings on Walt Disney World
"But the most exciting and by far the most important part of our Florida project...in fact, the heart of everything we'll be doing in Disney World...will be our Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow! We call it EPCOT. EPCOT will be an experimental prototype community of tomorrow that will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise. I don't believe there's a challenge anywhere in the world that's more important to people everywhere than finding solutions to the problems of our cities. But where do we begin...how do we start answering this great challenge? Well, we're convinced we must start with the public need. And the need is for starting from scratch on virgin land and building a special kind of new community. So that's what EPCOT is...an experimental prototype community that will always be in a state of becoming. It will never cease to be a living blueprint of the future, where people actually live a life they can't find anywhere else in the world. Everything in EPCOT will be dedicated to the happiness of the people who will live, work, and play here...and to those who come here from all around the world to visit our living showcase. We don't presume to know all the answers. In fact, we're counting on the cooperation of American industry to provide their best thinking during the planning and creation of our Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow... And most important of all, when EPCOT has become a reality and we find the need for technologies that don't even exist today, it's our hope that EPCOT will stimulate American industry to develop new solutions that will meet the needs of people expressed right here in this experimental community.
来源:Florida film final script (Walt's Narration)
"We have done a lot of thinking on a model community, and I would like to be a part of building one, a city of tomorrow, as you might say. I don't believe in going out to this extreme blue sky stuff that some of the architects do. I believe people still want to live like human beings. But there are a lot of things that could be done. I'm not against the automobile but I just feel that you can design so that the automobile is there but still put people back as pedestrians again. I'd love to work on a project like that."
"But if we can bring together the technical know - how of American industry and the creative imagination of the Disney Organization - I'm confident we can create right here in Disney World a showcase to the world of the American free enterprise system."
(相关话题为MUSIC, MONEY)
"I was doing this 'Sorcerer's Apprentice' with Mickey Mouse and I happened to have dinner one night with (Leopold) Stokowski. And Stokowski said, 'Oh, I'd love to conduct that for you.' ... Well, that led to not only doing this one little short subject but it got us involved to where I did all of Fantasia and before I knew it I ended up spending four hundred and some odd thousand dollars getting music with Stokowski. But we were in then and it was the point of no return. We went ahead and made it."
"Fantasia, to me is a whole new opportunity. For my medium it opens up unlimited possibilities. Music has always played a very important part since sound came into the cartoon. Now, the full expression that comes from the new Fantasound opens up a whole new world for us."
"After a long concentration on live-action and cartoon films, we decided to try something that would employ about every trick we had learned in the making of films. We would combine cartoon and live - action in an enormous fantasy - Mary Poppins. And what a far cry that was from Snow White. As the original Mary Poppins budget of five million dollars continued to grow, I never saw a sad face around the entire Studio. And this made me nervous. I knew the picture would have to gross 10 million dollars for us to break even. But still there was no negative head - shaking. No prophets of doom. Even Roy was happy. He didn't even ask me to show the unfinished picture to a banker. The horrible thought struck me - suppose the staff had finally conceded that I knew what I was doing."
(相关话题为FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT)
"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse it's because he' and that is the secret of his popularity."
来源:Mickey Mouse 7th Birthday Promo Kit
"We felt that the public, and especially the children, like animals that are cute and little. I think we are rather indebted to Charlie Chaplin for the idea. We wanted something appealing, and we thought of a tiny bit of a mouse that would have something of the wistfulness of Chaplin - a little fellow trying to do the best he could."
来源:U.A. 1932 campaign book
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
来源:Lead-in, What is Disneyland/Story of Mickey Mouse TV show (show also known as: The Disneyland Story)
另一个版本:"I hope we'll never lose sight of one thing that it was all started by a mouse."
"I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
来源:"Encyclopedia of Walt Disney's Animated Characters: From Mickey Mouse to Hercules" (1998) by John G "The Humour of Sex" by Robert Hale
"Mickey Mouse, to me, is a symbol of independence. He was a means to an end. He popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner. Born of necessity the little fellow literally freed us of immediate worry. He provided the means for expanding our organization to its present dimensions and for extending the medium of cartoon animation towards new entertainment levels. He spelled production liberation for us."
来源:"Story of Mickey Mouse" by Walt Disney University of the Air 1947
"All we ever intended for him or expected of him was that he should continue to make people everywhere chuckle with him and at him. We didn't burden him with any social symbolism, we made him no mouth piece for frustrations or harsh satire. Mickey was simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter." (LAUGHTER)
"The life and ventures of Mickey Mouse have been closely bound up with my own personal and professional life. It is understandable that I should have sentimental attachment for the little personage who played so big a part in the course of Disney Productions and has been so happily accepted as an amusing friend wherever films are shown around the world. He still speaks for me and I still speak for him."
(相关话题为CHILDREN)
"Again, we feel, there is a strong secondary value here - in that watching the Mouseketeers and their guests in action, boys and girls in homes throughout the land will feel impelled to discover and develop their own talents, whatever they may be."
来源:Mickey Mouse Club closed circuit show
"I actually started to plan the picture about 1935. And I fooled around with it trying to get a hold of a story and things for a couple of years and finally it began to jell then I went to work on it and I finished in the fall of 1937. I didn't know what I had or what would happen or anything. We had the family fortune we hid everything wrapped up in Snow White. In fact the bankers, I think, were losing more sleep than I was. And fortunately, though, when we put it in and premiered it and everything else, why everything was fine and the bankers were happy.
"The truth of the matter is that by the time we had the studio built, the banks owed me money, thanks to Snow White. And it gave me more personal satisfaction than anything I have ever done because it proved to a lot of sneering critics that a full?length cartoon could make money." (SATISFACTION)
来源:"Walt Disney's True-Life Fantasyland" by Stanley Handman
"It's a thing I remembered as a kid. I saw Marguerite Clark in it in Kansas City one time when I was a newsboy... It was probably one of my first big feature pictures I'd ever seen... But anyways to me I thought it was a perfect story. I had the sympathetic dwarfs, you see? I I had the prince and the girl, the romance. I just thought it was a perfect story."
来源:Pete Martin interview
"Naturally we are all extremely gratified by the reception given Snow White, for it shows us conclusively that the public is ready for more animated features.
来源:"The Story Behind Snow White's $10,000,000 Surprise Party" by Miriam Stillwell
"It's no more a cartoon than a painting by Whistler is a cartoon."
来源:"Mouse and Man" (Time, 12/27/37)
"The success of the Silly Symphonies gave us the courage for Snow White. And you should have heard the howls of warning! It was prophesied that nobody would sit through a cartoon an hour and a half long. But we had decided there was only one way we could successfully do Snow White - and that was to go for broke - shoot the works. There could be no compromise on money, talent, or time. We did not know whether the public would go for a cartoon feature - but we were darned sure that audiences would not buy a bad cartoon feature."
来源:Walt Disney's Speech - "Showman of the World" 10/1/66 [TR 37]
"As a kid, I had seen the story and liked it. The figures of the dwarfs intrigued me. I thought it was a good plot, and it had a broad appeal. It wasn't too fantastic. That's what you need: a fairly down-to-earth story that people can associate themselves with.When Snow White hit, we realized we were in a new business. We knew it within a week after the picture had opened at the Carthay Circle in Los Angeles. We had been heavily in debt and within six months we had millions in the bank."
来源:Interview at the time of Sleeping Beauty
(相关话题为EDUCATIONAL FILMS)
"We did not succumb to the alluring temptations to make villains or saints of the creatures portrayed in our films. We have maintained a sensitive regard for the wisdom of Nature's design and have attempted to hold a mirror to the out-of-doors rather than to interpret its functioning by man's standards. Our films have provided thrilling entertainment of educational quality and have played a major part in the worldwide increase in appreciation and understanding of nature. These films have demonstrated that facts can be as fascinating as fiction, truth as beguiling as myth, and have opened the eyes of young and old to the beauties of the outdoor world and aroused their desire to conserve priceless natural assets." (ENVIRONMENT)
来源:Walt's Files- Byline Stories by Walt Disney, folder 4
"In all my years of picture-making I have never had more satisfaction or felt more useful in the business of entertainment than I have in making the True-Life Adventure features."
来源:"Why I Like Making Nature Films" by Walt Disney 1954
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine."(相关话题为EPCOT)
"The one thing I learned from Disneyland was to control the environment. Without that we get blamed for the things that someone else does. When they come here they're coming because of an integrity that we've established over the years, and they drive for hundreds of miles and the little hotels on the fringe would jump their rates three times. I've seen it happen and I just can take it because, I mean, it reflects on us. I just feel a responsibility to the public when I go into this thin that we must control that, and when they come into this so-called world, that we will take the blame for what goes on." (ENVIRONMENT)
"I've always said there will never be another Disneyland, and I think it's going to work out that way. But it will be the equivalent of Disneyland. We know the basic things that have family appeal. There are many ways that you can use those certain basic things and give them a new decor, a new treatment. This concept here will have to be something that is unique, so there is a distinction between Disneyland in California and whatever Disney does in Florida."
"Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
(相关话题为CURIOSITY) "Well, WED is, you might call it my backyard laboratory, my workshop away from work. It served a purpose in that some of the things I was planning, like Disneyland for example...it's pretty hard for banking minds to go with it...so I had to go ahead on my own and develop it to a point where they could begin to comprehend what I had on my mind."
来源:World's Fair Report - Walt Disney's interview with Dick Strout for WED 1964
(相关话题为CARTOON CHARACTERS, ANIMATION, ALICE COMEDIES, EDUCATIONAL FILMS)
"To captivate our varied and worldwide audience of all ages,the nature and treatment of the fairy tale, the legend, the myth has to be elementally simple. Good and evil, the antagonists of all great drama in some guise, must be believably personalized. The moral ideals common to all humanity must be upheld. The victories must not be too easy. Strife to test valor is still and always will be the basic ingredient of the animated tale as of all screen entertainments." (FAIRY TALES)
来源:WISDOM Vol. 32 1959
"People still think of me as a cartoonist, but the only thing I lift a pen or pencil for these days is to sign a contract, a check, or an autograph."
"I started, actually, to make my first animated cartoon in 1920. Of course, they were very crude things then and I used sort of little puppet things."
来源:Walt Disney's interview with Fletcher Markel for the Canadian Broadcasting Company 9/25/63
"Speaking for the one field which I feel definitely qualified to comment on, I fully believe the animated picture will emerge as one of the greatest mediums, not only of entertainment but also of education." (EDUCATION, ENTERTAINMENT)
来源:Walt's Files - Byline Stories by Walt Disney, folder 3
"Cartoon animation offers a medium of storytelling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world."
来源:Walt's Files - Animation
"To translate the world's great fairy tales, thrilling legends, stirring folk tales into visual theatrical presentations and to get back warm response of audiences in many lands has been for me an experience and a lifetime satisfaction beyond all value." (FAIRY TALES, SATISFACTION)
来源:Walt's Files - Animation
"Cartoon features give us our biggest financial problems. They take a lot of manpower that could produce much more in other fields. Like most luxuries, however, there is solid value in the feature cartoon. While they're expensive, they are also prestige builders."
来源:Walt's Files - Byline Stories by Walt Disney, folder 5
In live action, you can take a mediocre story and put in interesting characters and personalities and have a good show. We can't do that in cartoons. We can' we have to create them ourselves. We have to make them interesting or we're sunk. I've had a lot of fun making live-action pictures, mainly because I can move so fast. But I've learned a lot from them. I've made mistakes, but now I can apply the lessons to cartoons.
--Interview at the time of Sleeping Beauty
(相关话题为ANIMATED CARTOONS, EDUCATIONAL FILMS, MOTION PICTURES, TEAMWORK)
"Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. This facility makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation."(COMMUNICATION)
来源:Walt's Files - Byline Stories by Walt Disney, folder 4
"I take great pride in the artistic development of cartoons. Our characters are made to go through emotions which a few short years ago would have seemed impossible to secure with a cartoon character. Some of the action produced in the finished cartoon of today is more graceful than anything possible for a human to do."
"In learning the art of storytelling by animation, I have discovered that language has an anatomy. Every spoken word,whether uttered by a living person or by a cartoon character, has its facial grimace, emphasizing the meaning."
"Animation is different from other parts. Its language is the language of caricature. Our most difficult job was to develop the cartoon's unnatural but seemingly natural anatomy for humans and animals."
"To think six years ahead?even two or three?in this business of making animated cartoon features, it takes calculated risk and much more than blind faith in the future of theatrical motion pictures. I see motion pictures as a family founded institution closely related to the life and labor of millions of people. Entertainment such as our business provides has become a necessity, not a luxury. Curiously, it is the part which offers us the greatest reassurance about the future in the animation field. Fantasy, when properly done in the one medium best adapted to its nature, need never stale for the family taste." (FANTASY, MOTION PICTURES, ENTERTAINMENT)
"I don't pretend to know anything about art. I make pictures for entertainment, and then the professors tell me what they mean." (ENTERTAINMENT)
"I've never called my work an 'art.' It's part of show business, the business of building entertainment."
"I am in no sense of the word a great artist, not e I have always had men working for me whose skills were greater than my own. I am an idea man." (IDEAS)
(相关话题为COMMUNICATION, TELEVISION)
"Adults are interested if you don't play down to the little 2 or 3 year olds or talk down. I don't believe in talking down to children. I don't believe in talking down to any certain segment. I like to kind of just talk in a general way to the audience. Children are always reaching." (CHILDREN)
来源:Peter Martin transcript reel 10
"You can't live on things made for children or for critics. I've never made films for either of them. Disneyland is not just for children. I don't play down." (CHILDREN)
"Public taste in amusement has changed very decidedly since the early days when the motion picture was a toy, it has changed as much in animation as in live action cinema offerings."
"Movie makers are often too introverted about their production. They tend to build up myths about audiences and to prattle glibly about shifting public taste and its unpredictables. In considering audiences and our professional function, remember one thing: Americans we like to enjoy ourselves in crowds, at sports arenas, at picnics, fairs and carnivals, at concerts and at the theater. Above all, we like to laugh together -even at our own shortcomings. I don't like to kid myself about the intelligence and taste of audiences. They are made up of my neighbors, people I know and meet every day. Folks I trade with, go to church with, vote with, compete in business with, help build and preserve a nation with."
"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public." (ENTERTAINMENT)
来源:"Walt Disney's True-Life Fantasyland" by Stanley Handman
另一个版本:"I'm not interested in pleasing the critics. I'll take my chances pleasing the audiences."
"It's just another dimension in the animation we have been doing all our life."
来源:Walt Disney's interview with Fletcher Markel for the Canadian Broadcasting Company 9/25/63
"It's a sort of another door that's opened for us. You see our whole 40-some-odd-years here has been in the world of making things move - inanimate things move. From a drawing board through all kinds of any little props and things. Now we're making these human figures, dimensional human figures move, making animals move, making anything move through the use of electronics. It's a tape mechanism, it's like programming or sequencing when they're sending missiles to the moon."
"I figured it would take me 10 years to get Mr. Lincoln going.Well, I had him in what we called Mark I and I had him under manual control. We could make him stand up and put his handout. Robert Moses was getting the World's Fair going, and he came out. He came and visited Disneyland. He wanted to visit the studio. He was trying to get ideas on what could be done. So I had him meet Abraham Lincoln. I said, 'would you like to meet Mr. Lincoln?' He gave me a funny look. I said, 'well come on in - meet him.' So when he walked in the door, I said, 'Mr. Lincoln meet Mr. Moses,' and Lincoln stood up and put his hand out and Moses went over and shook hands with him. Well Moses is quite a showman and he said I've got to have Lincoln in the Fair. But I said this is 5 years away anyway. But Moses wouldn't take no for an answer. The next thing I knew he had gotten with the State of Illinois and was trying to sell them on a Pavilion. And before I knew it, I had my arm twisted and I said yes. We now had to get Mr. Lincoln can the road, I think, in about 13 months."
来源:Walt Disney's speech at Opening of Mr. Lincoln - Freedom Foundation
"It's sound and animation through electronics. It's opened a whole new door for us. We can program whole shows on a tape.The tape sends signals and the little figures go to work and they sing and act and move according to the impulse that comes from the tape. And this is all possible because of this big drive that we've had on the space age development, the electronic age."
来源:World's Fair Report - Walt Disney's interview with Dick Strout for WED 1964
"Many of these attractions will 'come-to-life' through Audio-Animatronics, our space-age electronic method of making inanimate things move on cue, hour after hour and show after show."
来源:Tencennial newspaper supplement
(Sec also FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT)
"There's a great feeling of satisfaction in winning an award for a job well - done, whether it be for winning a foot race, designing a rocket or making a motion picture. Now, we haven't done too well with the first two on the list, but pictures, that's something else. No one person can take credit for the success of a motion picture. It's strictly a team effort. From the time the story is written to the time the final release print comes off the printer, hundreds of people are involved - each one doing a job - each job contributing to the final product. And - if the picture wins an award, the feeling of satisfaction we were speaking of can rightfully be shared by each and every one." (MOTION PICTURES, TEAMWORK)
来源:Walt Disney's lead-in to his television shows
"Before sitting down to count my blessings, I want to make you a promise. I promise we won't let this great honor you have paid us tonight go to our head - we have too many projects for the future to take time out for such a thing. On top of that, after 40-some-odd-years of ups and downs in this crazy business of ours, we know too well - you are only as good as your next picture." (MOTION PICTURES)
来源:Walt Disney's speech - "Showman of the World" 10/1/66
(相关话题为MICKEY MOUSE)
"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us."
"I haven't drawn a single character in over 30 years. It's not only that I have no time for it any longer, but I've found development of the stories themselves much more intriguing than drawing. This seems all the more amazing when one considers that each film, no matter how many people have worked on it, has what is called the 'Disney Touch.' The secret is teamwork. Each character is arrived at by group effort. An artist might have a lot of talent and come up with an excellent idea, but if, after it is thoroughly analyzed, the character cannot be adapted and worked with by the group, we discard it." (TEAMWORK, ANIMATED CARTOONS)
"All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable." (FANTASY)
"All cartoon animals must be judged by their story intent and relationship as a matter of basic procedure in creating animation entertainment. Cartoon animals, of course, are not and never were repl they are a special breed of creatures out of the world of fable who duplicate human traits and foibles rather than those of the real animal kingdom. Mickey Mouse was never a mouse nor a no more was Donald ever a duck."
"I try to build a full personality for each of our cartoon characters - to make them personalities."
"Until a character becomes a personality it cannot be believed. Without personality, the character may do funny or interesting things, but unless people are able to identify themselves with the character, its actions will seem unreal. And without personality, a story cannot ring true to the audience."
EDUCATIONAL FILMS (相关话题为CHILDREN, EDUCATION)
"Humans learned life's lessons by seeing real things or pictures with their eyes for ages before they began learning through written or spoken words, so it is not strange that they still learn most readily by pictures. The animated cartoon can set forth anything from a world in evolution to the whirl of electrons inv can produce a mosquito tall enough to tower over a village or a fairy small enoug can get inside a complex machine, slow down its action, explain its operation to apprentices with a clarity impossible in any other medium, and can even get inside the human body." (ANIMATED CARTOONS)
"We learned a great deal during the war years when we were making instruction and technological films in which abstract and obscure things had to be made plain and quickly and exactly applicable to the men in the military services. These explorations and efficiencies of our cartoon medium must not be unused in the entertainment field."
"Educational films will never replace the teacher. The three R's are basic (reading, 'riting, 'rithmetic), but their advancement by means of the motion picture screen will give more people in this world an opportunity to learn. Pictures can make both teaching and learning a pleasure. And educators agree that when a student has begun to learn and like it, half their problem is solved."
来源:Walt's Files - Byline Stories by Walt Disney, folder 1
"The future of the animated educational movie seems as limitless as the variety of things we can portray in it." (ANIMATION)
"Recently our animation techniques have been applied to scientific subjects, accomplishing the feat of translating the abstractions of biology, chemistry, astronomy and space engineering into popularly understood terms of theatrical entertainment." (ANIMATION)
"The cartoon is a good medium to stimulate interest. It is an ideal medium for teaching and it has always been my hope that we could do something that way. But it would have to be of general interest, yet helpful in teaching. It should be used for opening people's minds and meeting their needs. We have recently explained mathematics in a film and in that way excited public interest in this very important subject. Donald in Mathmagic Land stimulated interest in mathematics and turned out very well." (ANIMATED CARTOONS)
来源:WISDOM Vol. 32 1959 "Walt Disney's True-Life Fantasyland" by Stanley Handman
"I do not want to make teaching films. If I did, I would create a separate organization. It is not higher education that interests me so much as general mass education."
"The possibilities of the animated cartoon as a medium of education is virtually limitless. Its field is bound only by the capability of men to use it for its full possibilities. " (ANIMATION)
"The medium of the animated film is perhaps the most flexible,versatile and stimulating of all teaching facilities. The question now is where, how and with what means the educational film shall be included in the tool kit of the educators."
"Equally important and absorbing, both as information and as sheer entertainment, will be our ventures into the world of the invisible and the inaudible: Things like the processes going on in a man's body, or the functioning of his mind."
"In considering our films from a formal educational viewpoint and as an example of technical practice, the factual nature picture presents unique possibilities. Nature herself offers as exciting documents her own living creatures. They are not obscure abstractions." (TRUE-LIFE ADVENTURES)
(Sec also ANIMATION, AWARDS, BOOKS, CHILDREN, EDUCATION)
"Caution there must be, of course, along with venturesome courage. The motion picture business has long been a chance - taking business. This doesn't mean timidity in planning an operation."
"The business has grown continuously through these years, although at times the road was rocky. But I don't know of any other entertainment medium that can give to the millions of families the world over more value than the motion picture."
"I have every confidence that so long as our film presentations toughen the minds and warm the heart with the best, the motion picture industry can offer in art and craftsmanship and genuine human warmth, so long may we expect prosperous support and a long life."
来源:Walt's Files - Byline Stories by Walt Disney, folder 4 "More than any other medium, the motion picture is being challenged to meet the greatly enlarged opportunities and responsibilities of modern showmanship.
来源:Walt's Files - Byline Stories by Walt Disney, folder 2
"The motion picture will never fully replace the printed word, but it will go a long way in becoming its most valuable adjunct. There seems little question that the human mind will absorb picturized information much quicker than by means of the printed word." (BOOKS)
"I think one reason why people like our films is that so much effort is made to give them adult as well as child appeal. Children laugh at entirely different things from those which amuse grown people. Where the subject matter is a little deep for children, amusing action must be injected to hold their interest." (CHILDREN, LAUGHTER)
"The inspiration of mind and spirit that go into the making of Disney picture - making - one essential is clarity. T if he is shown that it relates d if he is made eager to learn and learning becomes - as it can be one of the
then he will learn far more readily and surely than if he is forced to drudge along under the whip of compulsion or duty. Failure to make clear the nature and meaning of the thing being produced is one of the surest causes of dullness and failure to learn. The success of our movies has sprung from their universal appeal to millions of people of all nations, all ages, all degrees of experience, intelligence and learning."
"I am not influenced by the techniques or fashions of any other motion picture company."
"We have taken a new look at our world of nature and humans with
discarding some ancient myths and adding dimension to our scope of interests in the minds and hearts of people. The sciences, medicine, psychology and others have taken their place alongside the arts, the romantic and fantastic in common human interest. We seek to estimate the future and its bearing on our existence, as well as dwelling fondly on the past or indulging escapist dreams."
"Nothing in a lifetime of picture making has been more exciting and personally satisfactory than delving into the wonders, the mysteries, the magnificent commonplaces of life around us and passing them on via the screen.
"Because the eye is the most sensitive and dependable of our sense organs, the motion picture offers the widest, direct avenue to our emotions. Whereas the still picture can suggest only a fragment of fact or fiction, the cartoon-in-motion is without limit in communicating ideas, events, and human relations." (ANIMATION)
"The motion picture has become a necessity of life, a part of our balanced existence. It is not a negligible luxury. People are always going to demand and enjoy movies in the theater. Perhaps not as exclusively as they did when public amusements were more limited. Patronage will depend more than ever upon what we put on tie screen. And especially on how well we understand the needs and desires of our younger customers. For their favor we must compete as never before."
"The motion picture still has great things ahead. Equipped with its big screens, its color and sound fidelities and all its perfected devices for illusionment, nothing is beyond its range and powers. Itself a marvel of science, it can and will serve with equal facility the space enthusiast looking beyond the sun, and the homebody content with the warm familiar earth and all its bounties when he goes with his family seeking entertainment and inspiration.
The motion picture has become one of the a true Wonder of the World in its magical powers. But what has it brought on the screen for every man and his family to see and ponder has been even more wonderful."
"The screen has too long been confined to what we can see and hear, what the camera can show?things which reveal not the half of a man's life and his most intense interests, with live actors attempting to interpret the unseen - the emotions, the impulses of the mind. And doing it, we must admit, rather clumsily most of the time. Relying largely on words often almost meaningless. Now, with the animated cartoon, we have another perfected tool - another scope - for getting at the inner nature of things and projecting them for the eye and the ear." (ANIMATION)
"The inevitable course of motion picture production has now brought us to the point where we must please more people the world over than ever before, commercially and artistically. We understand this in our responsibilities to the trade as well as for our own welfare in the industry. Diversity of entertainment therefore has become our guide and watchword." (DIVERSITY)
"Movies are a medium of expression, say, like a symphony orchestra. Or like a painter's brush and canvas. The brush and canvas have been creating and presenting pictures for hundreds of years, but I haven't heard anyone say that painting was old - fashioned and had reached its limits. It's the painter - and the movie maker - the artist and the entertainer who have to be considered - not the tools of their trade. Like painting or music, it's the ideas and the material that get into the screen that's important. Moving pictures can be and will be new and fresh and exciting as long as there are ideas and talent in the world...and there's never been any sign that creative people are disappearing from the world of entertainment. What is needed in addition to the creative ability is courage - courage to try new things, to satisfy the endless curiosity of people for information about the world around them. Movies became popular because they found new forms, created new sensations and explored new fields of popular appeal." (COURAGE)
"Many times recently we have been asked this question: What is the difference in technique between TV and motion picture production at the Walt Disney Studios? The answer to that,except in the theatrical use of CinemaScope, there is no appreciable difference. We go through the same motions. There are just many more of them when you produce for the two media." (TELEVISION)
(相关话题为ANIMATED CARTOONS, BOOKS, FANTASY)
"I think we have made the fairy tale fashionable again. That is, our own blend of theatrical mythology. The fairy tale of film - created with the magic of animation - is the modern equivalent of the great parables of the Middle Ages. Creation is the word. Not adaptation. Not version. We can translate the ancient fairy tale into its modern equivalent without losing the lovely patina and the savor of its once - upon - a - time quality. I think our films have brought new adult respect for the fairy tale. We have proved that the age - old kind of entertainment based on the classic fairy tale recognizes no young, no old."
"From years of experience I have learned what could legitimately be added to increase the thrills and delights of a fairy tale without violating the moral and meaning of the original. Audiences have confirmed this unmistakably. We define the heroines and add minor characters to help
virtually create such immortal friends of the heroine as the Seven Dwarfs. Storywise, we sharpen the decisive triumph of good over evil with our valiant knights - the issues which represent our moral ideals. We do it in a romantic fashion, easily comprehended by children. In this respect, moving pictures are more potent than volumes of familiar words in books."
"Since the beginning of mankind, the fable - tellers have not only given us entertainment but a kind of wisdom, humor, and understanding that, like all true art, remains imperishable through the ages."
来源:Walt Disney's lead-in to his television shows
"Literary versions of old fairy tales are usually thin and briefly told. They must be expanded and embellished to meet the requirements of theater playing time, and the common enjoyment of all members of movie - going families. The screen version must perceive and emphasize the basic moral intent and the values upon which every great persistent fairy tale is found. To these ends I have devoted my own best efforts and the talents of my organization, in full realization of our responsibility as a mass entertainer and especially our responsibility to our vast audience of children around the world."
"You hate to repeat yourself. I don't like to make sequels to my pictures. I like to take a new thing and develop something, a new concept."我痛恨重复自我,也不愿为我的影片拍摄续集,我愿意做新的事情、开拓新的概念。
"I've never believed in doing sequels. I didn't want to waste the time I I'd rather be using that time doing something new and different. It goes back to when they wanted me to do more pigs."我从不相信拍续集,我不想把时间浪费在制作一部续集上;我宁愿把这份时间花在做些新而不同的事情。而每提到续集就让我想到当时很多人都想让我拍更多关于“小猪”的片子(《三只小猪》的续集)。
来源:Peter Martin transcript, reel 11
"By nature I'm an experimenter. To this day, I don't believe in sequels. I can't follow popular cycles. I have to move on to new things. So with the success of Mickey, I was determined to diversify." (DIVERSITY)我天生就是个实验者,而直到今天我都不想拍续集。我不能“跟随”,而更愿意“创造”。所以当米奇大获成功之后,我下定决心做不同的事情。
"I'm never sure myself what will please the public. With the story men, I think it's easier to give 'em plenty of rope. Let 'em alone and let 'em go. When they get in a hole, they'll yell for help. There's a time to argue and a time to find an excuse to get the hell out."
来源:Interview at t

我要回帖

更多关于 上海迪斯尼宣传广告词 的文章

随机推荐