Tom has many books, ten of ______ published in tenfiftyy years ago.

.Fifty years ago, wealthy people liked hunting wild animals for fun sightseeing. A.rather than to go B.more than going C.other than going D.than to go 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
.Fifty years ago, wealthy people likedhunting wild animals for fun ________ sightseeing.
A.rather than to go
B.more than going
C.other than going
D.than to go
【答案】C【解析】略&
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
“The pen is more powerful than the sword(剑).” There have been many writers who used their pens to fight things that were wrong. Mrs Harriet Beecher Stowe was one of them. She was born in the U.S.A. in 1811.One of her books not only made her famous but has been described as one that excited the world, and was helpful in causing a civil war and freeing the enslaved race. The civil war was the American Civil War of 1861,in which the Northern States fought the Southern States and finally won.
This book that shook the world was called Uncle Tom’s Cabin. There was a time when every English-speaking man, woman, and child has read this novel that did so much to stop slavery. Not many people read it today, but it is still very interesting. The book has shown us how a warm-hearted writer can arouse(唤起) people’s sympathies. The author herself had neither been to the Southern States nor been a slave. The Southern Americans were very angry at the book, which they said did not at all represent true state of affairs, but the Northern Americans were wildly excited over it and were so inspired by it that they were ready to go to war to set the slaves free. According&to&the&passage______.
&&& A.every&English-speaking&person&has&read&Uncle&Tom's&Cabin
&&& B.Uncle&Tom's&Cabin&was&not&very&interesting
&&& C.those&who&don't&speak&English&cannot&have&read&Uncle&Tom's&Cabin
&&& D.the&book&Uncle&Tom's&Cabin&did&a&great&deal&in&the&American&Civil&War
How&old&was&Mrs&Harriet&Beecher&Stowe&when&her&world&famous&book&was&published?
&&& A.About&sixty&years&old. &&&B.Over&fifty&years&old.
&&& C.In&her&forties.&&&&&& &&&&D.Around&twenty&years&old.
What&do&you&learn&about&Mrs&Harriet&Beecher&Stowe&from&the&passage?&&& &&&&& A.She&had&been&living&in&the&north&of&America&before&the&American&Civil&War& broke&out.
&&& B.She&herself&encouraged&the&Northern&Americans&to&go&to&war&to&set&the&slaves&free.
&&& C.She&was&better&as&writing&as&swinging(挥舞)a&sword.
&&& D.She&had&once&been&a&slave.
What can we learn from the passage?   A.We needn’t use weapons to fight things that are wrong.
B.A writer is more helpful in a war than a soldier. C.We must understand the importance of literature and art.& & D.No war can be won without such a book as Uncle&Tom's&Cabin&.
来源:学年度广东省揭阳第一中学高二第一学期期末英语卷
题型:写作题
读写任务(共1小题;满分25分)阅读下面的短文,然后按照要求写一篇150词左右的英语短文。In the atmosphere, carbon dioxide acts rather like a one-way mirror —— the glass in the roof of a greenhouse which allows the sun’s rays to enter but prevents the heat from escaping.According to a weather expert’s prediction, the atmosphere will be 3℃ warmer in the year 2050 than it is today, if man continues to burn fuels at the present rate. If this warming up took place, the ice caps in the poles would begin to melt, thus raising sea level several metres and severely flooding coastal cities. Also, the increase in atmospheric temperature would lead to great changes in the climate of the northern hemisphere, possibly resulting in an alteration of earth's chief food-growing zones.In the past, concern about a man-made warming of the earth has concentrated on the Arctic because the Antarctic is much colder and has a much thicker ice sheet. But the weather experts are now paying more attention to West Antarctic, which may be affected by only a few degrees of warming, in other words, by a warming on the scale that will possibly take place in the next fifty years from the burning of fuels.Satellite pictures show that large areas of Antarctic ice are already disappearing. The evidence available suggests that a warming has taken place. This fits the theory that carbon dioxide warms the earth.However, most of the fuel is burnt in the northern hemisphere, where temperatures seem to be falling. Scientists conclude, therefore, that up to now natural influences on the weather have exceeded those caused by man. The question is: Which natural cause has most effect on the weather?【写作内容】1.以约30个词概括短文的要点;2. 然后以约120个词就“Solutions of slowing climate change”为主题写一篇短文,包括如下要点:(1)&你认为地球会不会持续变暖;(2)&其原因是什么以及人类在其中的作用;(3)&谈谈你的建议。【写作要求】(1)&你可以使用实例或者其他论述方法支持你的观点,也可以参照阅读材料的内容,但不得直接引用阅读材料中的句子。(2)&字迹清楚,书写工整。【评分标准】&概括准确,语言规范,内容合适,篇章连贯。
来源:学年高考二轮复习训练:专题8 定语从句英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
After living in Pairs for fifty years he returned to the small town ________ he grew up as a child.A.which? B.whereC.that
D.when 
来源:学年天津市高三毕业班联考英语试题(二)
题型:完型填空
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从16-35各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项并在答题卡上将其涂黑。I had always loved music and dreamed ofbeing a musician, travelling to different countries, meeting lots of people anddoing something I loved to earn my money. &&16&, myparents had a farm and I didn’t want to do that—I wanted to do something &&17&.However, I had always been shy and too nervous to try playing &&18&&inpublic.I had been playing the &&19&&sinceI was ten years old, but the idea of playing in front of other people was very &&20&.I started one day, &&21&&alocal youth club advertised a talent show—anybody who could play an instrumentor sing could put his name down to be in concert. I &&22&&myselfup. When the day of the show came, I was so &&23&&thatI couldn’t eat. &&24&&was the first time I hadplayed in front of other people and I felt &&25&&unsureof myself. I had no idea whether I was &&26&&goodand was worried that no one would like me. When my turn came, I played my favoritetune and I even started to &&27&! I could not hear what Isounded like, but to my surprise, I eventually forgot about all the people inthe audience and started to enjoy myself. When the song ended, everyone clappedand some people& 28&!After the show a man &&29&&upto me to say how much he enjoyed my &&30&. He said thathe had a rock band, and they needed to &&31&&a guitarplayer. He asked me to come along the next day to have a try. This successfultrial turned my dream into &&32&. In the following days, we &&33&&arounda lot, playing in concerts in lots of places around the world. Sometimes wewould enter competitions and once we went on TV. We really enjoyed ourselves and life waslike a big long holiday. As we became more successful, we had to work harderand practice more and eventually I became &&34&&oftravelling so much. But now, nearly fifty years later, I look back on thosecarefree days of my& 35&&as among the best moments of my life.
A.Besides
C.Therefore
D.Instead
A.similar
C.strange
D.different
A.enjoyable
B.attractive
C.exciting
D.frightening
A.nervous
B.inspired
C.disappointed
D.excited
A.exactly
C.extremely
C.announce
A.shouted
C.praised
D.cheered
A.performance
B.behavior
C.presence
D.instrument
A.call on
B.wait on
C.take on
D.depend on
A.practice
B.consideration
C.reality
A.competitions
C.friendship
来源:2014届江西省高一年级第一次段考英语题
题型:阅读理解
America is growing older. Fifty years ago, only 4out of every 100 people in the United States were 65 or older. Today, 10 out ofevery 100 Americans are over 65. The aging of the population will affect (影响)American society in many ways --- education, medicine, and business. Quietly,the graying of America has made us a very different society - one inwhich people have a quite different idea of what kind of behavior (行为)issuitable (合适) at different ages.A person's ageno longer tells you anything about his/her social position, marriage or health.There's no longer a particular year in which one goes to school or goes to workor gets married or starts a family. The social clock that kept us on time andtold us when to go to school, get a job, or stop working isn't as strong as itused to be. It doesn't surprise us to hear of a 29-year-old universitypresident or a 35-year-old grandmother, or a 70-year-old man who has become afather for the first time. Public ideas are changing.Many peoplesay, ‘Iam much younger than my mother -& or my father - was at my age.’ No one says ‘Act your age’ anymore. We'vestopped looking with surprise at older people who act in youthful ways.1.From the passage, we know in America____.&A. theyused to go to school or stop work at a certain age&B.people won’t tell you their social position &C. thechildren no longer go to school.&D.people hold the old ideas about the age as before2.It can be learnt from the text that the agingof the population in America &&&&&&&&.A. has madepeople feel younger&&& B. has changed people's social positionC. has changedpeople's understanding of ageD. has sloweddown the country's social development3.The underlined word ‘one’ refers to &&&&&&&&&.A. a society&&& B. America&&&& C. a place D. population4.‘Act your age’ means people should_______& .A. be activewhen they are old&&&& B. do theright thing at the right ageC. showrespect for their parents young or oldD. take morephysical exercise suitable to their age5. If a 25-year-old man becomes general managerof a big firm, the writer of the text would most probably consider it &&&&&&.A. normal&& B.wonderful&& C. unbelievable D. unreasonable&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号成人英语三级2012年到2000年语法和词汇历年真题 (2)_甜梦文库
成人英语三级2012年到2000年语法和词汇历年真题 (2)
Vocabulary and structure2012 年 5 月学士学位英语考试真题Part II Vocabulary and Structure (30%) Directions: In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet. 16. Please give Jim the schedule for tomorrow’s conference when he back. He is to chair the conference. A. will come B. come C. comes D. came 17. five minutes earlier, you would not have missed the last train for Shanghai, but you were late. A. Had you come B. Do you come C. Did you come D. Should you come 18. After he worked out the solution, appeared a smile on his face. A. it B. here C. what D. there 19. the former president’s supporters went out in streets to express their anger and dissatisfaction. A. A small amount of B. A large number of C. A little bit of D. A great deal of 20. To be honest, today’s dinner was just so-so. It wasn’t such a good one promised by the boss. A. that B. which C. as D. what 21. So many people ______ the meeting had to be put off. A. being absent B. to be absent C. were absent D. had been absent 22. We often advise him not to drink more is good for his health. A. as B. that C. than D. but 23. ―Did Charles vote in the last election? ―No, he wasn’t . A. enough old then B. then enough old C. old then enough D. old enough then 24. By no means look down on those who are less lucky in life than we are. A. we should B. should we C. we should not D. should we not 25. He didn’t feel like that day so he stayed indoors reading. A. working B. works C. to work D. worked 26. No sooner had we started on the road it began to rain. A. when B. than C. then D. whenever 27. He decided to go for a sailing holiday the fact that he was usually Seasick (晕船). A. because of B. in spite of C. in case of D. as a result of 28. What you do in your spare time is your own . However it should not be harmful to others. A. business B. purchase C. bargain D. sale 29. As a gardener, Jim has to water the flowers and the grass in the garden every morning. A. trim B. improve C. refine D. repair 30. The firemen are still the small fires started by the plane crash. A. taking off B. setting aside C. getting along with D. putting out 31. He didn’t live up to had been expected of him. A. that B. what C. which D. all 32. The old couple decided to a boy and a girl though they had three of their own. A. adapt B. bring C. receive D. adopt 33. The relationship between employers and employees has been studied . A. originally B. extremely C. violently D. intensively 34. The car halfway for no reason. A. broke off B. broke down C. broke up D. broke out1 / 52
Vocabulary and structure35. The police that he committed a series of crimes in the north of the city. A. swelled B. submitted C. surveyed D. suspected 36. The manager lost his just because his secretary was ten minutes late. A. mood B. temper C. mind D. passion 37. We gave out a cheer when the red roof of the cottage came view. A. from B. in C. before D. into 38. I have kept that portrait I can see it every day, as it always reminds me of my university days in London. A. which B. where C. whether D. when 39. The room i it cleaned. A. can’t have been B. mustn’t have been C. shouldn’t have been D. wouldn’t have been 40. You see the lightning it happens, but you hear the thunder later. A. the instant B. for an instant C. on the instant D. in an instant 41. it or not, his discovery has created a stir in scientific circles. A. Believe B. To believe C. Believing D. Believed 42. The medicine is on sale everywhere. You can get it at chemist’s. A. other B. some C. certain D. any 43. Your hair wants . You’d better have it done tomorrow. A. cut B. to cut C. cutting D. being cut 44. I don’t think it advisable that Tom to the job since he has no experience. A. be assigned B. will be assigned C. is assigned D. has been assigned 45. The goals he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him. A. after which B. with which C. for which D. at which2011 年 11 月学士学位英语考试真题16. Mr Smith is coming to visit us soon. We'd better get everything ready before he _______. A. arrives B. arrive C. will arrive D. arrived 17._______yesterday, you would have met Professor Jones. But now he has left for London. A. Did you come B. Had you come C. Should you come D. Were you to come 18. The man denied_____ into the neighbor's garden and ______his cow. A. going……stealing B. going…stole C. went…stealing D. went…stole 19. Ted worked like a horse in his youth, ______contributed to his great success later as a businessman. A. that B. who C. what D. which 20. A few hours ago, a small suitcase with some important papers _______ stolen from the general manager's office. A. is B. are C. were D. was 21.______ on the New World, he felt like crying. A .land B. Landed C. To land D. Having landed 22. Visit our store. Nowhere else ______ such good bargains. A. you find B. find you C. do you find D. you do find 23. After______ seemed an endless wait, it was his turn to go into the doctor's office.2 / 52
Vocabulary and structureA, this B. that C. which D. what 24. Ever since the Smiths moved to the lake area a year ago, they ______ better health. A. could have enjoyed B. had enjoyed C. have been enjoying D. are enjoying 25. The boss doesn't want to tal now he is in no ______ to do so. A. feeling B. attitude C. emotion D. Mood 26. I can't understand why you regard it as music. It ______ me mad! A. puts B. sets C. drivers D. changes 27. Yesterday Mr Blake was caught in the rain and got wet through.______ he caught a bad cold. A. Consequently B. Finally C. Lately D. Strangely 28. William likes to eat out, but he is not ______ about what he eats. A. peculiar B. unusual C. particular D. special 29. Their house stands at a hilltop, _____ the Hudson River down below. A. seeing B. viewing C. looking at D. overlooking 30. I can't understand why my boss is always _____fault with my work. A. finding B. seeking C. looking D. making 31. This is the same knife _____ I lost yesterday. A. which B. what C. like D. as 32. ―― When will you be back? ―― I'll be back _____a couple of days. A. after B. for C. about D. in 33. We hear that they will _____ a new school here. A. set down B. set up C. set off D. set out 34. He will never forget the days _____ he spent in Japan. A. when B. after C. that D. how 35. Interestingly enough, the two brothers have noting in_______. A. ordinary B. common C. general D .particular 36. The scientists are trying to find out the facts to _______ their theory. A. support B. carry C. design D. raise 37. The performance of the English team was ________. They played much worse than expected. A. disappoint B. disappointing C. disappointed D. to disappoint 38. You are welcome to order the goods now. But payment should be made________. A. for advance B. from advance C. in advance D. to advance 39. Speak louder so that you can make yourself _______. A. heard B. to hear C. hearing D. have been heard 40. Now it won't be long before we meet again, ________? A. will it B. do we C. won't we D. does it 41. Americans eat______ vegetables per person today as they did in the 1960s. A. more than twice B. as twice many C. twice as many D. more than twice as many 42. I was so familiar with her that I recognized her voice ______ I picked up the phone. A. the moment B. since C. before D. while 43. The education of ________ young is always ______ hot and serious topic. A. /, / B. the, a C. /, the D. the, the 44. Dad wondered where I'd been, and I ________ a story about being at Grandma's A. made out B. made up C. looked out D. looked up 45. Your sister doesn't study as _______ as you do. A. hard B. hardly C. harder D. hardest3 / 52
Vocabulary and structure2011 年 5 月学士学位英语考试真题16. By no means ____to her parents A. this is the first time has she lied B. this is the first time does she tell a lie C. this is the first time she had lied D. this is the first time she was lying 17. You have failed toe\w tests. You’d better start working harder, ____you won’t pass the course. A. and B.but C. or D. so 18. His children are well-behaved, _____those of his sister’s are very naughty. A. and B. so C. thus D. while 19. How can you keep fit ____you smoke so much every day? A. but B. however C. if D. otherwise 20. The news has spread all over the country ____ the spaceship succeeded in returning to the earth. A. what B. that C. if D. otherwise 20. The news has spread al over the country ____ the spaceship succeeded in returning to the earth. A. what B. that C. which D. whether 21. I didn’t know your otherwise I ____ you the moment I got to Washington. A. have rung B. wound ring C. have rung D. wound have rung 22. As they are retired, Mr. and Mrs. Scott prefer a hours in the country to ____ their remaining years there. A. spend B. spending C. spent D. spends 23. ____ by this grandparents, jimmy wasn’t used to living with his parents. A. Too bring up B. To be brought up C. Brought up D. Being brought up 24. Please remain ____until the plane has come to a complete stop. A. to seat B. to be seated C. seating D. seated 25. While watching television,____. A. the doorbell rang B. the door bell rings C. we heard the doorbell ring D. we heard the doorbell rings 26. ____,the pay isn’t attractive enough, though the job itself is quite interesting. A. Generally speaking B. On the country C.In particular D. To be honest 27. The robber had escaped and was nowhere to be found when the police ____ A. arrived B. had arrived C. belongs D. have arrived 28. Professor Wilson keeps telling his students that the future ______ to the well-educated. A. is belonged B. is belonging C. belongs D. will be belonged 29. This company is closing up, so lots of workers will be laid ______. A. down B. out C. off D. aside 30. Just take it easy andus exactly what has happened. A. say B. speak C. tell D. talk 31. Some developed countries are trying tothe serious problems resulting from the energy crisis. A. step up B. cope with C. cut off D. end up 32. He is such a man who is alwaysfault with other people. A. putting B. seeking C. finding D. looking for 33. After the retired from office, Rogers painting for a while, but soon lost interest. A. took up B. save up C. kept up D. drew up 34. fire, all exits must be kept clear. A. In place of B. Instead of C.In case of D. In spite of 35.My parents will move back into town in a year or. A. later B. after C. so D. about 36. Dogs have a very good of smell and are often used to search for survivors in an earthquake. A. sense B. view C. means D. idea 37. The house I grew up has been taken down and replaced by an office building. A. in it B. in what C. in that D. in which 38. Tom has already given up the of smoking for the sake of health.4 / 52
Vocabulary and structureA. custom B. habit C. hobby D. convention 39. Stephen Bullon is the only man in the village today that has survived the war. A. live B. lived C. alive D. active 40. As she entered the room she could see big bright lights hung from the. A. roof B. top C. ceiling D. height 41. Those experiments have laid a solid foundation for hisresearch in material science. A. far B. deep C. farther D. further 42. The weather forecast says it is going to clearsoon. A. up B. out C. over D. about 43. He will come to call on you the moment he his work. A. will finish B. finishes C. finished D. to finish 44. such a good chance, how could she let it slip away? A. Having given B. Giving C. Having been given D. Give 45.Previoushis departure, he addressed a letter to his. A. to B. of C. in D. from2010 年 11 月学士学位英语考试真题16. By the end of last week 611 people from 49 countries _____ to attend the meeting, with nearly half coming from the United States, Germany and Britain. A. had Registered B. have Registered C. Registered D. were Registered 17. It was suggested that _____ big event like the Year of Russia in China should certainly benefit _____ relationship between the two countries. A. the B. a C. / D. / 18. Although he knew little about amount of work done in the field, he succeeded _____ other more well-informed experimenters failed. A. as B. unless C. what D. where 19. Having been praised by the teacher, the little girl ran back home, _____. A. happily and satisfied B. eager and excitedly C. happy and satisfied D. anxiously and excitedly 20. ―How are their talks going on? Have they reached any agreement? ―They only seemed to have agreed to set another date for _____ talks. A. deeper B. slower C. further D. higher 21. _____ ten minutes earlier, you wouldn’t have missed the train. But you were late. A. Had you come B. Did you come C. Have you come D. Should you come 22. Having been told that her son died in the accident, the old woman appeared very calm, as if nothing _____. A. happened B. were happened C. was happened D. had happened 23. You should carefully think over _____ the manager said at the meeting. A. that B. which C. what D. whose 24. Last week I wrote to the hotel to book a room, but they _____ yet. A. didn’t answer B. wasn’t answering C. hadn’t answered D. haven’t answered 25. Diana felt very much upset at _____ to the party as she had longed to go for a long time. A. having not been invited B. not having been invited C. not to be invite D. to be not invited 26. On no account _____ held responsible for the car accident, so he should not be put into prison. A. the driver can be B. can the driver be C. the driver be D. be the driver 27. All the kids are crying now. What _____ makes them so unhappy? A. it is B. is it C. it is that D. is it that 28. Unfortunately, the package I was expecting was _____ to the wrong address. A. written B. given C. packed D. delivered5 / 52
Vocabulary and structure29. _____ by a large audience, he felt very nervous and didn’t know what to say. A. Watching B. Watch C. Watched D. Having watched 30. I’m very grateful for your help and hope to do something for you _____ in the future. A. in exchange B. instead C. in return D. in particular 31. I can _____ you that the animals are well cared for in our zoo, so you needn’t worry about them. A. suppose B. assume C. assure D. grant 32. The drowning boy made a _____ attempt to catch the rope thrown to him. A. dangerous B. graceful C. gentle D. desperate 33. If we _____ early tomorrow morning, we will reach the coast before dark. A. take off B. set off C. set up D. take up 34. A lot of people mistake John for Bill because they _____ each other in appearance too much! A. weave B. utilize C. reveal D. resemble 35. When there are cordial elations between the two countries, we mean there exists a _____ relationship between them. A. friendly B. hostile C. fertile D. complicated 36. The patient’s recovery was very encouraging as he could _____ get out of bed without help. A. only B. almost C. merely D. hardly 37. At the job interview, Mr. Brown gave a good _____ of himself and finally got a job as a salesman. A. opinion B. idea C. cry D. account 38.As is well known, eating too much fat can _____ heart disease and cause high blood pressure. A. add to B. attend to C. contribute to D. apply to 39. A club is a place to make frequent _____ with friends. A. accounts B. attempts C. contents D. contacts 40. _____ the obvious differences in size and population, the states of America have many things _____ common. A. A on B. T in C.D in D. B on 41. Scientists say it may be five or six years _____ this medicine is tested on human beings. A. since B. before C. after D. when 42. With larger numbers of graduates than ever before, just having a degree will no longer be enough to make you _____ in the crowd. A. stand up B. stand by C. stand for D. stand out 43. The doctor tried to do an experiment to find out the _____ of the medicine on the mice. A. cause B. result C. reason D. effect 44. This is only one of the laundries in the district _____ modern equipment. A. that have B. which have C. that has D. what has 45. Skating can be good for you _____ correctly. A. though doing B. though done C. if done D. if doing2010 年 5 月学士学位英语考试真题16. It was hard for him to learn English in a family, in which ________ of the parents spoke the language. A. none B. neither C. both D. each 17. You'd better go there by train. The train ticket is _______ the plane ticket. A. as cheap three times as B. as three times cheap as C. three times as cheap as D. cheaper three times than 18. This new machine is technically far ________ to the previous type. A. superiorB. junior C. seniorr D. equal 19. There is a great deal of evidence ________ that music activities engage different parts of the brain. A. indicate B. indicating C. indicated D. to be indicating 20. She became the first woman to enter the school but withdrew after a few days ________ stress. A. because of B. in spite of C. instead of D. in honor of 21. ________ is known to us all is that the 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London. A. It B. What C. As D. Which 22. The discovery of these tombs is ________ for scholars' studying Chinese history.6 / 52
Vocabulary and structureA. of very important B. great significant C. of great significance D. greatly importance 23. Sean's strong love for his country is ________ in his recently published poems. A. relieved B. reflected C. responded D. recovered 24. Would you please keep silent? The weather report ________ and I want to listen. A. is broadcast B. is being broadcast C. has been broadcast D. had been broadcast 25. The teacher stressed again that the students should not _____ any important details while retelling the story. A. bring out B. let out C. leave outD. make out 26. The man moved ________ forward and looked over the edge, shrinking his shoulders. A. accurately B. cautiously C. brilliantly D. disappointedly 27. The police are trying to find out the ________ of the woman killed in the traffic accident. A. evidence B. recognition C. identity D. status 28. By no means ________ to her parents. A. this is the first time has she lied B. this is the first time does she tell a lie C. is this the first time she has lied D. is this the first time she was lying 29. Climate change will greatly _______ wheat and rice production if nations don't take steps now. A. fall B. leak C. lack D. reduce 30. She always buys ________ my birthday. A. something awful to B. anything awful to C. something nice for D. anything nice for 31. He failed to live up to _______ had been expected of him. A. what B. which C. that D. all 32. It is very ________ of you to arrange an early meeting between your boss and our team. A. considerate B. considerable C. considering D. considered 33. I would have told him about the change of time for the class, _______ to class last time. A. did he come B. he came C. had he come D. he had come 34. The wind was so strong last night that is tore the ______ of the ship into two or three pieces. A. mask B. mine C. sail D. satellite 35. ________ all the money people here spend eating out, restaurants' profit is still below five percent. A. Despite B. Thanks to C. Since D. Like 36. Many a man ________ life is meaningless without a purpose. A. thinks B. thinking C. have thought D. think 37. John left home twenty minutes ago. It is usually half an hour's drive from his home to the office here. So he ________ soon. A. should have arrived B. need arrive C. must have arrived D. may arrive 38. ________ Hongkong is often regarded as ________ international centre for business, finance and tourism. A. / ; an B. A / C. T / D. / ; the 39. They went _____ the schedule for the conference again and again until they felt satisfied with every detail of it. A. out B. up C. over D. by 40. Schools should teach our kids various subjects, and moreover teach them how to ________ right from wrong. A. run B. take C. tell D. put 41. By the time you finish your homework, all of us ________ ours at hand, I'm sure. A. will finish B. will have finished C. have finished D. have been finishing 42. In time of trouble Charlie could always ________ a solution. A. put aside B. look down upon C. break out D. come up with 43. Before building a house, you will have to ________ the government's permission. A. get from B. follow C. receive D. ask for 44. The director had her assistant ________ some hot dogs for the staff members. A. picked up B. picks up C. pick up D. picking up 45. ________ their hats into the air, the fans of the winning team let out loud shouts of victory. A. To throw B. Thrown C. Throwing D. Being thrown7 / 52
Vocabulary and structure2009 年 11 月学士学位英语考试真题16. The driver was at______loss when______word came that he was forbidden to drive for speeding. A. / B. the C. the D./; / 17. My uncle's house in the downtown area is much smaller than ours, but it is twice______expensive. A. as B. so C. too D. very 18. This magazine is very ______with young people, who like its content and style. A. familiar B. popular C. similar D. particular 19. The art show was ______ it was a great success. A. far from B. along with C. second to D. regardless of 20. Health problems are closely connected with bad eating habits and a______of exercise. A. limit B. lack C. need D. demand 21. In our daily life, everyone fails every now and then. It is how you react that makes a_____. A. development B. difference C. progress D. point 22. The hotel was awful!___, our room was far too small. Then we found that the shower didn't work. A. To begin with B. After all C.In reality D. As a whole 23. Don't worry if you can't understand everything. The teacher will _____ the main points at the end. A. recover B. review C. require D. remember 24. It is reported that the police will soon look______the case of the two missing children. A. upon B. after C. into D. out 25. One of the best ways for people to keep fit is to______healthy eating habits: A. grow B. develop C. increase D. raise 26. The company is starting a new advertising campaign to new customers to its stores. A. join B. attract C. stick D. transfer 27. Over the past decades, sea ice in the Arctic(北极) as a result of global warming. A. had decreased B. will decrease C. has been decreasing D. is decreasing 28. ____ twice, the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we chained our dog. A. Being bitten B. Bitten C. Having bitten D. To be bitten 29. He_____ hav otherwise, he wouldn't be enjoying himself by the seaside. A. should B. must C. wouldn't D. can't 30. Many children,_______parents are away working in big cities, are taken good care of in the village. A. their B. whose C. of them D. with whom 31. If it_____tomorrow, we will stay indoors to have our training class. A. rains B. rain C. will rain D. rained 32. The college sports meet was __ till next week because of the heavy rain. A. put out B. put on C. put off D. put up 33. Lord Jim_____a private school five years ago with the money he earned through hard work. A. finds B. found C. founds D. founded 34. When Bob and his friends came, we____our supper then. A. had B. were having C. have D. are having 35. That big dictionary_____Tom two hundred dollars. A. spent B. paid C. cost D. took 36. It was in 2005 _____we began to introduce this new technique into our company. A. which B. then C. when D. that 37. He____the maths examination if he had worked hard enough,but he didn't. A. would pass B. has passed C. would have passed D. passed 38. Since it is already midnight, we______now. A. had better leaving B. had better leave C. had better to leave D. had better have left 39. Rabbits are quiet animals,_______they are able to make 20 different sounds. A. how B. in spite of C. because of D. even though8 / 52
Vocabulary and structure40. There are two rooms in the house, ____serves as a kitchen. A. the smaller of which B. the smaller of that C. the smallest of which D. the smallest of that 41. I was so fired then that I fell______in class. A. asleep B. sleep C. sleeping D. slept 42. I can only stay here for a while, but I'll come again in _____ days. A. a few B. few C. a little D. little 43. Given the choice between work and play, Tom would surely prefer the ____. A. late B. later C. latter D. last 44. He began to work for a big company _____ an early age. A. on B. at C. of D. with 45. James doesn't like pop music, ____does his sister. A. So B. Also C. Either D. Neither2009 年 5 月学士学位英语考试真题11. The reason why some people are unlikely to succeed in life is that they A. have ruined their talents C. think of nothing but their salary A. much competition has to be faced B. have taken on an unsuitable job D. are not aware of their own potential B. many employees have no working experience12. The difficulty in choosing a suitable job lies mainly in that_____. C. the young people only care about how much they can earn D. schools fail to offer students appropriate vocational guidance 13. Which of the following statements is most important according to the passage? A. Your job must suit your interest. C. Your job must offer you a high salary. A. What Can A Good Job Offer C. Correct Attitude On Job-hunting A. splendid B. miserable B. Your job must set a pattern of life. D. Your job must not ruin your talents.14. The best title for this passage would be____. B. Earning A Living D. How To Choose A Job D. touching15. The word “ pathetic” in Paragraph 2 most probably means__ __. C. disgustedPart II Vocabulary and Structure16. Today books are_____ to everyone because they are no longer expensive. A. available A. to be sent A. put off A. before A. few A. taken on B. preferable B. being sent C. reliable C. to sent D. put up D. until D. quite a few D. taken over D. should have been taken D. actual D. to have been sent 17. We shall ask for samples_____ and then we can make our decision. 18. The forest fire caused by the volcano is difficult to be_____. B. put away B. at B. a few B. taken out C. put out 19. It was not_____ midnight that they discovered the children were not in their beds. C. after C. little C. taken up 20. The girl is not happy at the new school. She has_____friends there. 21. Robots have already_____ human tasks in the industrial field. 22. I can’t find the recorder in the room. It ____ by somebody. A. must have taken A. answer A. judged B. may have taken C. effect C. calculated C. may have been taken D. effect D. considered A. off B. over C. behind D. out9 / 5223. He took the medicine, but it didn’t have any_____. B. cause B. estimated 24. It is_____ that over one million Americans now live below the poverty line. 25. He left____ an important detail in his account.
Vocabulary and structure26. When there are small children around, it is necessary to put bottles of pills out of____. A. hand A. realized B. hold B. discovered C. place D. reach D. heard D. transformed D. in sight D. except that A. advise D. whomever D. To be seen C. we’ll complete D. is D. have reported D. being invited A. taking B. taken C. took D. take my interests. D. we complete B. convince C. persuade D. believe 27. I hadn’t seen him for years, but I_____ his voice on the telephone. C. recognized C. transmitted C. by sight C. unless 28. This place, originally a small town, has been____ into a modern city. A. transported B. transferred A. out of sight B. at sight A. so far as B. provided that 29. There was nobody____ when we came round the corner. 30. We’ll be only too glad to attend your party_____ we can get a baby-sitter. 31. They couldn’t ____ him of his mistake. A. whom A. Seeing B. who B. Seen C. whoever C. To see B. we’d complete C. are to be32. The old gentleman never fails to help_____ is in need of his help. 33._____under a microscope, a fresh snowflake has a delicate six-pointed shape. 34. ―“When are you going to visit your uncle in Chicago?” ―“As soon as_____ our work for tomorrow.” A. we’re complete A. am A. to report A. invite B. are 35. Neither John nor I_____able to persuade Richard’s grandfather to attend the wedding. 36. You ought_____the matter to the manager the day before yesterday. B. to have reported C. to reporting B. be invited C. having been invited 37. We look forward to_____to the opening ceremony. 38. Excuse me, but it is time to have your temperature______. A. but admit A. has left B. but admitting B. was leaving C. help but to admit C. would leave39. I cannot_____ the truth of your words, although they go againstD. help but admitting40. When I went to visit Mrs. Smith last week, I was told she two days before. D. had left A. in B. at C. for D. by 41. The boat will not arrive____ forty-four hours. A. to find A. place B. to finding B. point C. reason C. to find out D. way A. That B. It C.As D. What42. In winter, animals have a hard time_____ anything to eat. D. finding 43. Since you won’t take advice,there is no____in asking for it. 44._____is known to all, too much smoking will cause lung cancer. A. more B. better C. greater D. superior45. They have developed techniques which are_____to those used in most factories..2008 年 11 月学士学位英语考试真题16. For the sake of her daughter’s health, she decided to move to a warm________. A. weather A. run out B. temperature C. season D. climate B. run over C. run away D. run after D. Enough strange 17. Be careful when you cross this very busy street. If not. You may get ___ by a car. 18. ____ some famous scientists have the qualities of being both careful and careless. A. Strangely enough A. to see B. Enough strangelyC. Strange enough C. Seeing D. seen 19. Having a trip abroad is certainly good for the old couple. But it remains _ whether they will enjoy it. B. to be seen 20. CYou seem to show interest in cooking. -- What? ________ I’m getting tired of it. A. On the contrary B. To the contraryC. On the other hand D. To the other hand 21. These wild flowers are so special that I would do ________ I can to save them.10 / 52
Vocabulary and structureA. whatever B. that C. which D. whichever 22. Time will ________ whether I made the right choice or not. A. see B. say C. tell D. know 23. Suddenly, a tall man driving a golden carrage ______ the girl and took her away, ______ into the woods. A. S disappeared B. disappearedC. disappearing D. disappearing 24. It suddenly ________ me how we could improve the situation. A. occurred B. teared C. shook D. struck 25. Was it because he was ill ________ he asked for leave? A. so B. when C. why D. that 26. John likes Chinese food. But he ________ eating with chopsticks. A. is used to A. in B. used toC. isn’t used to D. didn’t used to D. to 27. Fujian Province lies ____ the east of China and Taiwan is ___ the east of Fujian. B. inC. to 28. For John this was the beginning of a new life, ____he thought he would never see. A. what B. that C. one D. it 29. We stayed for the night at the foot of the mountain and ________ to climb it the next morning. A. set about B. set offC. set up D. set out 30. We should do as much as we can________ our country better and more beautiful. A. make B. to make C. makes A. look for it A. Giving time D. making D. cancel it 31. “to put off something” means “to________” B. put it in placeC. postpone it B. To give TimeC. Given time 32. ________, he’ll make a first-class tennis player. B. Being given time 33. C Did you see her off the day before yesterday? --No, but I wish I ________. A. were A. painful A. go out A. turn out A. worse B. did C. had D. would C. probable D. primary D. would go out 34. Some divers always drive carelessly. There is some _____danger while they are driving. B. potential 35. You have stayed at home for two days. It’s time you ________ for a walk. B. went outC. will go out 36. Can you ________ the three mistakes in this paragraph? B. bring outC. call out D. pick out C. inferior D. equal 37. This is much ________ to the one I bought last week. B. lower 38. ________ their country has plenty of oil, ours has none. A. While B. Where C. When D. Unless 39. There at the door stood a girl about the same height ________. A. as me B. as mine C. with mine D. with me 40. Don’t be too________ about things you are not supposed to know. A. strange A. where A. about A. what B. amusing C. curious D. conscious 41. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation ________ he is likely to lose control over the plane. B. which B. of B. which C. while D. why C. towards D. on 42. In order to change attitudes ________ employing women. The government is bringing in new laws. 43. The fact came up ________ specific speech sounds are recognized by babies as young as 6 months old. C. that D. whose B. much an art asC. as an art much as D. as much an art as 44. It is generally believed that teaching is ________ it is a science. A. an art much as 45. ________ I have to put it away and focus my attention on study this week. A. However the story is amusingB. No matter amusing the story is11 / 52
Vocabulary and structureC. however amusing to story is D. No matter how the story is amusing2008 年 5 月学士学位英语考试真题16.Hearing the gunshot, all the birds flew _____ every direction. A. in A. lay out A. cut off B. on B. lay off B. cut through C. to D. toward D. lay down D. brought down D. talk, between 17.The factory had to _____ number of employees because of the economic decline in the country. C. lay aside C. gave up 18.His parents _____ his money, so he is in trouble now. 19.Can you _____ the difference _____ the two phrases? A. tell, between A. have A. whether A. hoped A. either A. when A. happened B. speak, from C. ask C. if C. wanted C. neither C. how C. say, of D. tell worked so hard in the past months. D. what D. made of them answered it. D. nobody D. why D. occurred because he really wanted it. 20.If anyone happens to drop in while I am out, _____ him or her leave a message. B. get B. that B. suggested B. none B. whether B. struck 21.There is no doubt _____ you will pass the exam this time. You have 22.I _____ the boy to save money, but he wouldn’t listen. 23.I made a call to my parents yesterday. To my disappointment, _____24.No matter _____ he is able to come to the party or not,we will invite him. 25.The idea _____ to him in his dream and he decided to carry it out. C. appeared 26.He would have paid _____ for the house if the salesgirl had insisted A. twice as much A. unless A. itself A. is offered A. Which A. help B. much as twice C. as much twice D. twice much as C. before C. himself D. although furniture store yesterday. D. another D. have offered 27.They decided to chase the cow away _____ it did more damage. B. until B. one 28.We wanted a new table for dinner, so my father bought _____ from a 29.A library with five thousand books _____ to the nation as a gift. B. has offered C. What C. time C. are offered D. As D. way D. to protect D. will have forgotten 30._____ is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. B. When B. use 31.It is no_____ talking to him, because he will never change his mind. 32.The way I thought of _____ the animal was of great value. A. protecting A. forget A. that A. reading A. that B. protect B. would forget B. why C. being protected C. have forgotten D. what D. to be read reduced to a pile of ashes. 33.In another year or so, you _____ all about it. 34.No one here believes the reason _____ he gave for his lateness. C. for which 35.The novel I bought last week is worth ____ ,I think. B. being read B. it C. to read 36.After the fire, _____ would otherwise be a cultural center is now C. which D. what 37.Did you notice the little boy _____ away? A. took the candy and run B. taking the candy and run C. take the candy and run D. who taking the candy and running 38._____ gives people more knowledge of the society than literature. A. Anything B. Nothing C. Something D. Everything12 / 52
Vocabulary and structure39.If Mary catches _____ her diary, she’ll be angry. A. you reading A. by and by A. seat A. it that A. it didn’t B. yours reading C. you read D. you to read D. now and then 40.Don’t worry me now, I will mend that coat _____. B. off and on B. place B. that C. back and forth D. space D. which that D. it must haven’t C. Will China never be D. At no time will China be 41.Please join us. We can easily make _____ for one more at this table. C. room C. him that 42.You may depend on ____ he will not repeat his mistakes. 43.“That latest car must have cost you a pretty penny.”“Oh,no ,_____.” B. it mustn’t C. it hasn’t 44._____ the first to use nuclear weapons. A. At no time China will be A. effective B. efficient B. Never China will be C. executive 45.Encouragement is sometimes much more _____ than criticism. D. extensive2007 年 11 月学士学位英语考试真题16. When I mention the problem, I’m not ______ all of you. A. talking about B. referring to C. listening to D. carrying out B 考察动词短语的用法 17. Your idea seems to be good but it isn’t _____. A. practical B. possible C. plentiful D. precious A 考察形容词的用法 18. We were tired and nervous _____ the constant tension. A. from B. for C. with D. off C 考察介词的用法 19. “Which do you want, the red one or the black one?” “_____. How about showing me another?” A. Either B. Both C.Neither D. None C 考察不定代词的用法 20. “what makes her so unhappy?” “____ one of her favorite books.” A. Because she lost C. She lost D 考察动名词的用法 21. “I usually sleep with the windows closed at night, even in summer.” “You can never be ____ careful.” A. very C. too C 考察副词的用法 22. “_____ is your nationality, Miss Green?” “Australian.” A. What C. Which A 考察疑问词的用法 23. I hope the stove will _____ enough heat to warm the room. A. get over B. give in C. get out D. give off D 考察词组固定搭配。 24.You look tired. Do you ______ a rest? A. like having B. feel like having C. like have D. feel like to have B 考察词组固定搭配。 25. _____ the price is, they are prepared to pay.13 / 52B. Because of her losing D. Her losingB. much D. soB. Where D. Who
Vocabulary and structureA. HoweverB. whicheverC. whateverD. whereverC 考察让步状语从句及其引导词 26. Wait a moment, please. Richard will be back _____. A. in no time A 考察介词短语 27 _____ I accept that the plan is not perfect, I do actually like it. A. When B. Since C. while C. Unless C 考察状语从句引导词 28. She says she’d rather he _____ tomorrow instead of today. A. leaves B. left C. leave D. would leave D 考察虚拟语气,would rather 后面宾语从句要用过去时,表示虚拟语气,此句描述将来。 29. I don’t think Mary understood what you said, _____? A. do I D 考察反意疑问句的用法 30. You _____ not have seen her yesterday, for she was abroad. A. must B. should C. could D. would C 情态动词的用法,表示对过去发生事情可能性的判断 31. A only you can _____ her to give up the foolish idea. A. suggest B. attract C. tempt D. persuade D 考察动词用法 32. The Internet has brought _____ big changes in the way we work. A. about B. out C. back D. up A 考察动词短语,bring about 表示“带来”,“产生” 33. He is a man who is always _____ fault with other people. A. putting B. seeking C. finding D. looking for B 考察固定搭配 34. I am sure David will be able to find the library because he has a pretty good _____ of direction. A. idea B. feeling C. experience D. sense D 考察固定搭配 35. They started off late and got to the airport with minutes to _____. A. spare B. catch C. leave D. make A 考察动词的用法 36. The evening news comes on at seven o’clock and _____ only thirty minutes. A. keeps B. continues C. finishes D. lasts D 考察动词的用法 37. The factory had to _____ a number of employees because of the economic crisis in the country. A. lay out B. lay off C. lay aside D. lay down B 考察动词短语的用法 38. People may have different opinions about Karen, but I admire her. _____, she is a great musician. A. After all B. As a result C. In other words D. As usual A 考察介词短语的用法 39. They had a pleasant chat _____ a cup of coffee. A. for B. with C. during D. over D 考察介词的用法 40. Was it in 1969 _____ the American astronaut succeed _____ landing on the moon? A. on B. on C. in D in D 考察强调句和动词短语的用法 41. The comments which he made _____ marketing bothered his boss greatly. A. being concerned D 考察介词的用法14 / 52B. at no timeC. at timesD. at a timeB. didn’t sheC. did youD. did sheB. concernedC. be concernedD. concerning
Vocabulary and structure42. The news reporters hurried to the airport, only _____ the film stars had left. A. to tell B. to be told C. telling D. told B 考察不定式做结果状语时的用法 43. Mrs. White became a teacher in 1985. She _____ for twenty years by next summer. A. will teach B. would have taught C. has been teaching D. will have been teaching D 考察将来完成时 44. After the new technique was introduced, the factory produced _____ cars in 2002 as the year before. A. as many twice B. as twice many C. twice many as D. twice as many D 考察倍数的表达方法 45. There were dirty marks on her trousers _____ she had wiped her hands. A. where B. when C. that D. what2007 年 5 月学士学位英语考试真题16. If you go to the movie tonight, so ______ I . A. will B. do C. am D. can 16、 【答案】A 此题考查的是 So 引导的倒装句,表示“…也是如此”。一般来说 So 后面的谓语要和前一句话的一致。但在这里, if 引导的从句比较特殊,用一般现在时表示将来,而 So 后要还原为将来时。 17. You don’t know about the difficulty I had ______ the work then at all. A. done B. to do C. for doing D. in doing 17、 【答案】B 此题考查的是固定用法 have difficulty (in) doing sth,属于对动名词用法的考察。 18. ______ is well-known, the environment in China is badly in need of improvement. A. It B. That C.As D. What 18 、 【答案】C 此题考查的是 as 引导的特殊定语从句。As is well known/ as is known to all/ as we all know:众所周知。 19. Charles Babbage is generally considered ______ the first computers. A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented 19、 【答案】C 此题考查的是非谓语动词中不定式的用法。Be considered/said/ believed to do 表示:据认为/据说/据相信做。。, 。 而后面的动作若已经发生,则用完成时表示,故选 to have invented。 20. With oil prices keeping ______, people are hesitating whether to buy a car or not. A. rising B. arising C. raising D. arousing 20、 【答案】A 此题考查的是近义词用法辨析。Rise 为不及物动词,表示升高;arise 也为不及物动词,表示:出现,发生,意 思不符;raise 为及物动词,表示提高,饲养;arouse 为及物动词,表示唤醒,引起。在这里是“油价不断上升”,故选 rise。 21. I walked out of the cinema, ______ to return to see the wonderful film the next Sunday. A. determine B. being determined C. determined D. to be determined 21、 【答案】C 此题考查的是非谓语动词中过去分词的用法。此处“determined ”为“坚定的”,属于形容词词性,可直接做伴随状 语,不加 being 或 to be。 22. We were very disappointed at the ______ to our advertisement, and our products didn’t sell well. A. replies B. response C. answers D. words 22、 【答案】B 此题考查的是名词辨析。A 回复,多为信件或电话用语,B 回应,C 答案,与问题相搭配;D 话语,这里是说“对 我们广告的___”,应该是“回应”,故选 B。 23. My suggestion yesterday was that a meeting ______ to discuss the matter. A. should hold 用被动。 24. Before the guests come, I must get the glasses ______. A. washed B. to be washed C. being washed D. to wash 24、 【答案】A 此题考查的是常见动词后的宾补用法,也属于非谓语动词的范围。Get+宾语+done, 表示让/使…被…,这里是让 杯子被洗,故选 A。 25. Who would you rather have ______ the computer, Mr. Lin or Mr. Chen? A. repaired B. repair C. repairing D. to repair 25、 【答案】B 此题考查的是 have 后面的宾补情况。Have sb. do sth, 让某人做某事,这里是将 sb 提前至前面的问语,但后面还15 / 52B. must be heldC. would be heldD. be held23、 【答案】D 此题考查的是虚拟语气。关键词在 suggestion, 与 suggest 有关的形式都要与虚拟语气挂钩。会议是“被举行”,故
Vocabulary and structure是要跟动词原形,故选 B。 26. It turned out that the man was an excellent policeman working in New York, _____ had contributed a lot to the case. A. that B. which C. who D. where 26、 【答案】C 此题考查的是非限定性定语从句,表示对前面句子的补充说明。Who 指代前面的 policeman, 这句话的意思为;原 来那人是在纽约工作的优秀警察,他为这个案子贡献很多。 27. _____ you don’t know the rule won’t be a sufficient excuse for your failure. A. It is B. That C. Because D. What 27、 【答案】B 此题考查的是 that 引导的主语从句。这句话的意思是:你不知道规则,这不是解释你失利的充分理由。其他选项 都不能引导。 28. She is very ____ to ring me tonight. I can sense that. A. liable B. possible C. likely D. likeable 28、 【答案】C 此题考查的是形容词辨析。Liable 表示“易受…影响的,有可能的(通常加不好的结果)”;possible “有可能的”,但 只能说事情有可能,不能说 sb i likely 有可能的,人可以做主语;likeable “可爱的,令人喜欢的”。 29. Small talk is a good way to kill time, make friends and ____ something with others. A. argue B. replace C. share D. match 29、 【答案】C 此题考查的是动词辨析。Argue 争辩,为不及物动词;replace 为取代,replace A with B,用 B 取代 A;share 为分 享,共享;match 为搭配,比得上。根据题意,谈话是消磨时间,结交朋友和和别人分享的好办法,故选 share。 30. Some people like drinking coffee, for it has _____ effects. A. promoting B. stimulating C. enhancing D. encouraging 30、 【答案】B 此题考查的是动词变成形容词的用法。Promoting 没有这种用法,promotive 表示促进性的; stimulating 为刺激 性的,是由 stimulate“刺激”一词演变而来;enhancing 为增强性的;encouraging 鼓励性的,在这里咖啡是具有刺激性的,故选 stimulating。 31. _____ you’re early you can’t be sure of getting a seat. A. If B. Unless C. When D. Because 31、 【答案】B 此题考查的是连词辨析。根据题意,应是:除非你早到,你无法确定一定有座。Unless”除非”。 32.John likes Chinese food, but he _____ eating with chopsticks. A. doesn’t used to 是 used not to do。 33. His wife had the front door painted green yesterday, _____ she? A. did 34. B. didn’t C. had D. hadn’t 33、 【答案】B 此题考查的是反意疑问句。这里谓语是 had,故反问是 didn’t。 After the war , a new school building was put up _____ there had once been a theatre. B. where C. which D. when A. that 35. B. doesn’t use to C. isn’t used to D. used not to 32、 【答案】C 此题考查的是固定用法 be used to doing sth, 表示”习惯于做…”.比较 used to do 则是“过去曾经做…” ,否定形式34、 【答案】B 此题考查的是 where 引导的地点状语。这句的意思是:战后,在曾经是剧院的地方新建了一所教学楼。 It shames me to say it, but I told a life when _____ at the meeting by may boss. B. having questioned C. questioned D. to be questioned A. questioning35、 【答案】C 此题考查的是状语从句的省略。 36.. A modern city has been set up in _____ was a wasteland ten years ago . A. what B. which C. that D. where 36、 【答案】A 此题考查的是 what 引导的名词性从句,相当于 the place which….,故前面需加上介词而 where 前面不加介词 in, 本句意思是:一座现代都市在十年前曾是废地的地方建起来了。 37. Professor Smith, along with his assistants, ______ on the project day and night to meet the deadline. A. work B. working C. is working D. are working 37、 【答案】C 此题考查的是主谓一致。在有 Along with 的情况下,谓语动词要与之前的主语保持一致,不是 along with 的后面 部分,故此处应和 professor Smith 保持一致,用 is working。 38. The president spoke at the business meeting for nearly an hour without ______ his notes. A. bringing up B. referring to C. looking for D. trying on 38、 【答案】B 此题考查的是动词短语的辨析。主要是根据意思区别。Bring up 表示“抚养“,refer to 表示“参考”,look for 表示 “寻找”,try on 表示“试穿”。根据题意,董事长在会上讲了快一小时,却没有参考其笔记,故选 refer to。16 / 52
Vocabulary and structure39. It is certain that he will ______ his business to his son when he gets old. A. take over B. think over C. hand over D. go over 39、 【答案】C 此题考查的也是动词短语的辨析。A 接收,接管;B 认真考虑;C 转交;D 复习。根据题意应该是他将生意转 交给儿子,故选 C。 40. The Internet has brought ______ big changes in the way we work. A. about B. out C. back D. up 40、 【答案】A 此题考查的是 bring 有关短语的辨析。Bring about 带来,产生;bring out 生产,出版;bring back 带回;bring up 抚养,提出。这里应是 bring about changes,带来了很多变化。 41. When climbing the hill, John was knocked unconscious by an ______ rolling stone. A. untouched B. unfamiliar C. unexpected D. unbelievable 41、 【答案】 此题考查的是过去分词或形容词的否定形式辨析。Untouched 未被接触过的;unfamiliar 不熟悉的; C unexpected 未 在预料之中的;unbelievable 不可思议的。根据意思是:john 被突如其来的滚石给撞了,故选 C。 42. Her brother ______ to leave her in the dark room alone when she disobeyed his order. A. declared B. threatened C. warned D. exclaimed 42、 【答案】B 此题考查的是动词辨析。Declare 为宣布,threaten 为威胁,warn 为警告,exclaim 为欢呼。这里是说她哥哥要威 胁着把她一个人留在黑屋子里,threaten to do 威胁要做…:warn 有 warn sb to do sth 的用法,但没有 warn to do. 43. Alice trusts you. Only you can ______ her to give up the foolish idea. A. suggest B. attract C. tempt D. persuade 43、 【答案】D 此题考查的是动词辨析。A 建议,但无 suggest sb to do 这种用法;B 吸引;C 引诱,D 劝说。根据题意应该是: Alice 很相信你,只有你能劝说她放弃这种愚蠢的念头。故选 D。 44. A man is being questioned in relation to the ______ murder. A. advised B. attended C. attempted D. admired 44、 【答案】C 此题考查的是过去分词辨析。主要根据是其动词含义。A 是被建议的;B 是被参加的;C 被试图的;D 被钦羡 的。Attempted murder 是“故意杀人”固定说法。 45. Modern plastics can ______ very high and very low temperatures. A. stand B. hold C. carry D. support 45、 【答案】A 此题考查的是动词辨析。Stand“承受”,hold“容纳”,carry”搬运”,support “支持”.根据题意应是:现代塑料能承受 住极高和极低的温度。2006 年 11 月学士学位英语考试真题16. The news quickly spread through the village ______ the war had ended. A. which B. what C. that D. where 17. We hurried to the station ______ find ourselves three hours earlier for the train. A. only to B. in order to C. so as to D. such as to 18. I meant ______ you , but I’m afraid I forgot. A. ringing B. being ringing C. to ringing D. to ring 19. We live in a time ______, more than ever before in history, people are moving A. what B. when C. which D. where 20. Is there any possibility of getting the price______ further? A. reduced B. reduce C. reducing D. be reduced 21. _______ you feel too ill to go out. I would rather not stay at home tonight. A. Because B Although C. Unless D. If 22. Because of many mistakes, she was made ______ these letters again. A. type B. to typing C. typed D. to type 23. I the flowers need ______. A. being watered B. be watered C. to water D. to be watered 24. He began by showing us where the country was and went on _______ us about its climate. A. telling B. to tell C. to telling D. to be told 25. Our failure _____ ourselves to modern life often causes us trouble in our work. A. to adopt B. to apply C. to adapt D. to act17 / 52
Vocabulary and structure26. Once _____ of the necessity of a move, he worked hard to find a new home. A. convinced B. be convinced C. convincing D. having convinced 27. So many representatives _______ , the conference had to be put off. A. were absent B. to be absent C. being absent D. had been absent 28. In no case _____ the students from exploring new ideas. A. we should prevent B. we could prevent C. should we prevent D. shouldn’t prevent 29. I don’t think it advisable that Tom _____ to the job since he has no experience. A. be assigned B. is assigned C. will be assigned D. has been assigned 30. With all this work on hand, she ______ to the dance party last night. A. oughtn’t to go B. hadn’t gone C. shouldn’t have gone D. mustn’t have gone 31. As Christmas was coming, the town began a ______ clearing on a large scale. A. through B. thorough C. though D. thought 32. E-mail writing has became the usual means of communication _______ people some distance away. A. for B. on C. to C. with 33. It is a good idea for parents to monitor the _____ as well as the kind of television that their children watch. A. number B. size C. amount D. screen 34. I’m afraid that there isn’t _____ for you in my car. A. place B. seat C. corner D. room 35. It suddenly _____ to me that we could use a computer to do the job. A. happened B. occurred C. agreed D. presented 36. The old people often raise ______ for the sake of companionship. A. pets B. pipes C. pills D. pies 37. The river here is very wide but ____, so you can walk across it. A. narrow B. arrow C. shallow D. hollow 38. The streets were empty ____ the policemen on duty. A. besides B. except C. excepting D. except for 39. Don’t leave matches or cigarettes on the table within the _____ of little children. A. hand B. reach C. space D. distance 40. CHow did you pay the workers? CAs a rule , they were paid by ______. A. the hour B. an hour C. hour D. the time 40.―How did you pay the workers? ―As a rule, there were paid by_____. A. the hour B. an hour C. hour D. the time 41.____ of the students in our class are from the north. A. Two ninth B. Second ninth C. Second nines D. Two ninths 42. My father has classes ____ day: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. A. each other B. every other C. this and the other D. all other 43. This morning Jack came to school late____. A. than usual B. as usual C. like usual D. like usually 44. I’m putting on weight. The doctor has warned me to ____sugar. A. keep up B. keep back C. keep off D. keep away 45. We were ____ for half an hour in the traffic and so we arrived late. A. kept up B. held up C. cut up D. brought up18 / 52
Vocabulary and structure2006 年 5 月学士学位英语考试真题16. Since he left the university, he _____ in an accounting company. A. has been working C. had been working A. America B. had worked D. was working C. that in America D. one in America D. that they didn’t find17. The weather in China is different from ____. B. in America 18. It was not until dawn _____ their way out of the forest. A. when they found A. Whatever A. take apart A. who B. that they found C. did they find D. How D. take back D. which 19. ____ he says or does won’t make me change my mind at all. B However B. take up B. whom C. Which C. take on C. what 20. We all believe that it’d be hard for him to _____ extra responsibilities now. 21. He was very rude to the customs officer, _____ of course made things even worse. 22. The goods _____ when we arrived at the airport. A. were just unloading C. had just unloaded A. considered A. For which A. in detail A. to work A. except A. shall we A. bring in A. by staying A. Being B. were just been unloading D. were just being unloaded C. considering C. For what C. in all D. having considered23. All things _____, the planned trip had to be called off. B. be considered B. What B. in short B. working B. besides B. will we B. bring off B. than staying B. Having been 24. ______ purpose did you say their team would beat ours ? D.Which D. in brief D. have working 25. Since there isn’t much time left, you can just tell us bout it ____. 26. People appreciate _____ with him because he has a good sense of humor. C. to have worked C. except that C. don’t we C. bring up 27. The little village hasn’t changed much _____ a new road and two more stores. D. except for D. aren’t we D. bring about D. than have stayed 28. Let’s sta

我要回帖

更多关于 manybooks.net 5 的文章

随机推荐