Quora精选:牛津大学的学霸是怎么学习的

BEC考试_Quora精选:牛津大学的学霸是怎么学习的?_沪江英语
分类学习站点
Quora精选:牛津大学的学霸是怎么学习的?
编辑点评:学霸不只是天生的,还有后天的努力,有好的学习方法会事半功倍。在学霸云集的牛津大学里,一起来看看学神是怎样炼成的。
What are the study habits of top students at Oxford University?牛津大学学霸有什么学习习惯?
获得44.7k好评的回答@Benjamin McEvoy:
Study Habit #1 - Go to your lectures.学习习惯#1&&去听讲座。
For the first 2 years of Oxford, I went to maybe 4 lectures out of hundreds available. I was arrogant, foolish, lazy, and severely disadvantaging myself.在牛津的前两年,有数百场讲座,而我大概只去了4场。我很自负、愚蠢、懒惰,严重地害了自己。
In my third year, I went to almost every single lecture available. Including those involving topics I was not personally involved or interested in.&大三时几乎每场讲座我都去,包括我涉及不到的或不感兴趣的话题。
My mind changed when I actually went to lectures.&去听讲座以后我的想法变了。
Firstly, lectures are FUN! Sure, some of them . But I found so many gems that influenced my thinking. I found so many passionate, knowledgeable speakers who got me excited about the topic.&首先,讲座很有趣!当然有些讲座很差劲,但我发现了很多影响我思想的有价值的讲座,我发现了很多有激情有学识的演讲者,他们使我对那个话题都感兴趣了。
Second, I remembered more stuff! An hour in the lecture hall has massive returns on investment.其次,我记住了更多东西!你投入到讲座的一个小时会有丰厚回报。
Study Habit #2: Be an active student.学习习惯#2:做一个积极的学生。
For my first year at Oxford, I barely said anything in tutorials.&I didn&t volunteer in discussions and, as a result, I didn&t understand much.&我在牛津的第一年在导师个别指导课上很少说话。我不会主动参与任何讨论,所以理解的也不好。
My understandings of different texts never matured or became complex. They stayed the same. And they were often wrong.&我对不同文本的理解一直都不成熟,也不深刻,理解能力一如从前,也经常是错的。
Then, somewhere in the middle of my second year, I got over myself and offered more of my own opinions.&I responded to others, asked thoughtful questions, and interacted way more.后来大二期中的一段时间我开始超越自己,更多地提出自己的想法,响应其他人,问有深度的问题,和别人的互动也多了。
Being an active student also means asking for help. The smartest people in the world learned everything from other smart people.做一个积极的学生也意味着向他人求助,世界上最聪明的人的智慧都是从其他聪明人那儿学来的。
Study Habit #3: Establish a perfect study environment.学习习惯#3:建立完美的学习环境。
This is a very personal place and it needs to be somewhere you instantly click into study mode.&这个地方因人而异,你需要找一个能让你立刻进入学习状态的地方。
It might be your dorm room. It might be your library. It might be your local coffee shop.&可能是你的宿舍;可能是图书馆;可能是当地的咖啡店。
My perfect study environment was actually the Oxford English Faculty building.&最适合我的学习地点其实是牛津英语学院教学楼。
This is where all my lectures were. It was totally silent.我的课都在那儿上,那里很安静。
Study Habit #4: Study in small chunks.学习习惯#4:把学习内容分成小块。
It doesn&t matter how much new information you stuff into your head if you forget it the next day or cannot apply it.&如果所学内容第二天就忘了或者不会应用的话你往脑袋里塞多少新知识都没用。
When you structure your studying, the most important task is always to ensure you are remembering the information you have already learned.&安排学习任务时最重要的是总要确保自己记住了所学内容。
That always comes first.这才是你首先要考虑的。
In order to improve your
and absorb more information, you need to break your studying up into manageable blocks (not studying new information for hours on end) and reviewing what you&ve previously learned in each new block.为了改善记忆力记住更多知识,你需要把所学内容分成易掌握的模块(不要连续几小时学习新知识),并且在学习新模块时复习一下之前所学的内容。
(翻译:菲菲)
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。背单词网站_Quora精选:牛津大学的学霸是怎么学习的?_沪江英语
分类学习站点
For the first 2 years of Oxford, I went to maybe 4 lectures out of hundreds available. I was arrogant, foolish, lazy, and severely disadvantaging myself.在牛津的前两年,有数百场讲座,而我大概只去了4场。我很自负、愚蠢、懒惰,严重地害了自己。
In my third year, I went to almost every single lecture available. Including those involving topics I was not personally involved or interested in.&大三时几乎每场讲座我都去,包括我涉及不到的或不感兴趣的话题。
Firstly, lectures are FUN! Sure, some of them . But I found so many gems that influenced my thinking. I found so many passionate, knowledgeable speakers who got me excited about the topic.&首先,讲座很有趣!当然有些讲座很差劲,但我发现了很多影响我思想的有价值的讲座,我发现了很多有激情有学识的演讲者,他们使我对那个话题都感兴趣了。
Second, I remembered more stuff! An hour in the lecture hall has massive returns on investment.其次,我记住了更多东西!你投入到讲座的一个小时会有丰厚回报。
For my first year at Oxford, I barely said anything in tutorials.&I didn&t volunteer in discussions and, as a result, I didn&t understand much.&我在牛津的第一年在导师个别指导课上很少说话。我不会主动参与任何讨论,所以理解的也不好。
My understandings of different texts never matured or became complex. They stayed the same. And they were often wrong.&我对不同文本的理解一直都不成熟,也不深刻,理解能力一如从前,也经常是错的。
Then, somewhere in the middle of my second year, I got over myself and offered more of my own opinions.&I responded to others, asked thoughtful questions, and interacted way more.后来大二期中的一段时间我开始超越自己,更多地提出自己的想法,响应其他人,问有深度的问题,和别人的互动也多了。
Being an active student also means asking for help. The smartest people in the world learned everything from other smart people.做一个积极的学生也意味着向他人求助,世界上最聪明的人的智慧都是从其他聪明人那儿学来的。
This is a very personal place and it needs to be somewhere you instantly click into study mode.&这个地方因人而异,你需要找一个能让你立刻进入学习状态的地方。
It might be your dorm room. It might be your library. It might be your local coffee shop.&可能是你的宿舍;可能是图书馆;可能是当地的咖啡店。
My perfect study environment was actually the Oxford English Faculty building.&最适合我的学习地点其实是牛津英语学院教学楼。
It doesn&t matter how much new information you stuff into your head if you forget it the next day or cannot apply it.&如果所学内容第二天就忘了或者不会应用的话你往脑袋里塞多少新知识都没用。
When you structure your studying, the most important task is always to ensure you are remembering the information you have already learned.&安排学习任务时最重要的是总要确保自己记住了所学内容。
In order to improve your
and absorb more information, you need to break your studying up into manageable blocks (not studying new information for hours on end) and reviewing what you&ve previously learned in each new block.为了改善记忆力记住更多知识,你需要把所学内容分成易掌握的模块(不要连续几小时学习新知识),并且在学习新模块时复习一下之前所学的内容。
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。英语音标_Quora精选:学霸一般每天学习几个小时?_沪江英语
分类学习站点
Quora精选:学霸一般每天学习几个小时?
编辑点评:学霸是怎么炼成的?是熬夜学出来的?还是睡着觉也能当学霸?一起来了解一下学霸的日常吧!
How many hours do top students study?学霸花几小时学习?
获得17.8k好评的回答@Mike Lodato:
In college, I encountered a rule of&: For every credit hour per week, you should be studying two to three hours outside of class per week.在大学里我学到了一条经验法则:为了得到每周的每个学分,你应该每周在课外学习2-3个小时。
If you ask a teacher or professor how much their best students should study, very few will expect their students to be studying for long hours everyday.&如果你问一位老师或教授他们最好的学生应该学多少,很少有人会希望学生每天学习时间过长。
As a T.A. at a university, I can tell you that spending an hour of self-studying for every credit hour will put you ahead of a lot of your peers.作为大学的一名助教,我可以告诉你为了每学分你自学1个小时就能超过很多同龄人了。
Studying for long hours will often be necessary when you have an exam. But you don&t need to pull all-nighters to be a top student.&备考期间长时间学习通常是必要的,但你不要以为所有熬夜的都是学霸。
Plus, psychologists say a healthy amount of sleep will actually help you retain the material!&而且心理学家说健康的睡眠时间真的有助于记忆复习材料!
My best students are the ones who find time to complete portions of the assignment well before it&s due.&我最好的学生是那些找时间提前完成好学业任务的人。
&Studying all day& might mean going to class, reading 10 pages before lunch, doing a physics problem in between classes, and reviewing material at the end of the day.&学一整天&可能意味着去上课、午餐前读10页书、课间做一道物理题、一天结束时复习所学内容。
The hardest part can often be thinking of small things to do in order to fill your time during the day.&最难的部分通常可能是想出几件要做的小事来填充一天的时间。
A to do list item like &Write essay& is the kind of thing that will take long hours of work, but it can be broken into steps, like: write an outline, free write, revise your intro paragraph.像&写随笔&这样计划内的事是要花很长时间的,但也可以分成几小步,比如写大纲、随意发挥、修改段落。
获得779好评的回答@Prajjwal Kaushik:
There&s no strict hours, that a student should have to study to be the topper of the class.&There is no straight jacket solution for becoming a top student.&要成为班里更顶尖的学生应该学习几个小时并没有严格的定义,成为学霸没有唯一的方法。
What I believe is you need to act smartly, instead of following what every one else is doing.我认为你需要有灵活的表现,而不是跟别人一样。
Let&s talk about some of the study tips, that I followed to clear even the toughest of toughest examinations:咱们来聊一些学习的建议,它们让我即使在最最困难的考试期间也能保持头脑清醒:
1.Prepare summary notes.&1.准备总结性的笔记。
Topper students are not ahead of intelligence or mental skill. But they are ahead of time. They manage time so well that they won&t need to feel guilt after exams that they could have done better.&学霸们不是智力和心智超群,而是会提早,他们把时间管理得很好而不会在考试过后内疚自己本可以做得更好。
Summary notes mainly incorporates all important definitions, points or flowcharts which are more likely to come in exams.总结性的笔记主要包括所有更有可能出现在考试中的重要定义、重点或流程图。
2.This might look opposite of what you have heard till now.&2.这条建议可能跟你迄今为止所听到的相违背。
But studying for more hours are less productive and effective than studying for less time along with adequate breaks in between. Follow Pomodoro Technique.但长时间的学习要比短时间的学习并在学习期间适当休息学习效果和效率都要低。你可以试试番茄工作法。
3.Distractions.&3.分散注意力的东西。
They make you less productive and lazy.&Keep a check on your distractions.&它们会使你学习效率低下,也会更懒惰,检查一下有哪些东西会让你分心。
Seriously, we don&t consider some of the minute things which actually are more time consuming.&严肃地说,我们不会想到有些只需要几分钟的事其实很浪费时间。
For example: Facebook, FB will be keep you stick to its website and keep showing you funny videos, profile pictures.&比如Facebook,它会让你留在网站上,一直给你看有趣的视频和个人的照片。
But just know one thing, ANY OF THESE THINGS WON&T MAKE YOU TOPPER.但你要知道这些东西没有一个会让你学习更拔尖。
4.Writing.&4.写作。
Writing things down will help you remember them for more longer period.&Write everything that can come in examinations.&把东西写下来能帮你延长记忆,写下一切考试中会出现的东西。
Disclaimer: Your mind will try to tell you that there&s no need to write everything. BUT, YOU HAVE TO.免责声明:你的大脑会努力告诉你没必要写下所有东西。但你必须要写。
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。个人简历_Quora精选:牛津大学的学霸是怎么学习的?_沪江英语
分类学习站点
In order to improve your
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。春节_Quora精选:牛津大学的学霸是怎么学习的?_沪江英语
分类学习站点
In order to improve your
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。

我要回帖

随机推荐