The baby doesn't lend voice toto the Chinese

完形填空. Known as the Animal Lady in this area which I lived in, I was always asked to lend a hand in animal 1 . One afternoon three little neighbor girls ran up 2 my door, saying a baby squirrel was on 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
完形填空。
&&&& Known as the Animal Lady in this area which I lived in, I was always asked to lend a hand in animal&&&1&&. One afternoon three little neighbor girls ran up&&&2&& my door, saying a baby squirrel was on the sidewalk. I quickly &&3&& the kids and they led me to a tiny squirrel still with milk teeth. I&&&4&& and held the little creature up gently in my arms to check it for&&&5&&. It seemed fine. I figured the mother must have been killed, leaving it an orphan (孤儿). Now, the baby was pretty hungry for&&&6&& and then left its nest to search the neighborhood for help. &&&& I was about to carry it into my&&&7&& when I found several other babies&&&8&& to run down the tree from where their nest was. With the first squirrel hid into my&&&9&&, I stood at the base of the tree and was&&&10&& when three more babies ran right down into my hands. Those dear little creatures were so happy to feel safe and&&&11&&, and they all held each other close in my shirt. I took them home and&&&12&& them bread and milk to eat. The poor starving things went&&&13&& as they swallowed the meal. &&&& I phoned a lady in the next town who&&&14&& a small squirrel shelter. She had a big back yard with large&&&15&& surrounded by a tall wooden fence. She assured me she was well&&&16&& to care for the babies and provide a natural home for them when they were grown.&&&& I love that those little girls cared enough about the squirrels to seek out the&&&17&& of the Animal Lady! And I really&&&18&& getting to help the baby creatures. And then the&&&19&& of caring continued&&&20&& the lady with the squirrel shelter took them in. How wonderful to be part of a chain of kindness.
(&&&& )1. A. hunt&& &&(&&&& )2. A. to&&&& (&&&& )3. A. followed (&&&& )4. A. came down&&(&&&& )5. A. fur &&(&&&& )6. A. milk&&&&&& (&&&& )7. A. room&&&&(&&&& )8. A. pretending (&&&& )9. A. shoe&& (&&&& )10. A. puzzled&&(&&&& )11. A. nervous&& (&&&& )12. A. handed&&&&(&&&& )13. A. hungry&&&&(&&&& )14. A. owned&&&&(&&&& )15. A. ladders&& (&&&& )16. A. organized (&&&& )17. A. shelter&& (&&&& )18. A. minded&&&&(&&&& )19. A. chain&&&& (&&&& )20. A. when&&&&
B. love&&&&&&B. through &&B. glanced&& &&B. bent down&&B. legs&&&&&&&& B. vegetable&& B. car&& &&&&B. waiting&&&&&&B. pocket&& &&B. interested&&B. cold&&&&B. showed&&&&&& B. wild&&&&B. needed&&&&&& B. flowers&&&&B. equipped&&&& B. information&&B. regretted&&&&B. feeling&&&&&&B. if&&&&&&&
C. cure &&C. for&&C. comforted&&C. put down&& C. teeth&& C. nuts&&C. house C. swinging&&C. shirt&&C. astonished C. warm&&C. gave&&&&&& C. sad&&C. sought&&&& C. bamboos&&C. built&&&&&&C. advice&& C. enjoyed&&&&C. sense&&&&&&C. before&&&
D. rescue&&&&&&&&D. from&&&&&&&&&&D. persuaded&&&& D. broke down&&&&D. injuries&&&&&&D. leaves&&&&&&&&D. cage&&&&&&&&&&D. starting&&&&&&D. drawer&&&&&&&&D. satisfied&&&& D. tired&&&&&&&& D. lent&&&&&&&&&&D. afraid&&&&&&&&D. shut&&&&&&&&&&D. trees&&&&&&&& D. known&&&&&&&& D. help&&&&&&&&&&D. appreciated&& D. connection&&&&D. until&&&&&&&&
1-5: &DAABD&&&6-10: &ACDCC&&&11-15: &CCBAD&&&16-20: &BDCAA
科目:高中英语
来源:河南省许昌四校2012届高三第一次联考英语试题
  One morning all the employees reached the office as usual.And on the wall they saw a big   1   on which it was written:Yesterday, the person who has been   2   your growth in this company passed   3  .We invite you to join the funeral prepared in the   4  .
  In the beginning, they all got   5   for the death of one of their colleagues.  6   after a while they started getting   7   to know who was the man that limited the growth of his colleagues and the company itself.
  The   8   in the gym was such that security agents(保安)were   9   to control the crowd within the room.The more people reached the coffin, the more the excitement   10   up.Everyone whispered to each other:“   11   on earth is this guy?”
  One by one the excited employees got closer to the coffin, and when they   12   inside it, they   13   became speechless.They stood nearby the coffin, shocked and in   14  , as if someone had   15   the deepest part of their soul.
  There was a   16   everyone who looked inside it could see himself, There was also a sign next to the mirror that   17  :there is only one person who is   18   to set limits to your growth:IT IS   19  ! Your life doesn't change when everyone around you changes.Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs inside.Don't be afraid of   20  ; build yourself and your reality.It's the way you face life itself that makes the difference!
encouraging
meeting room
excitement
punishment
题型:阅读理解
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分) 阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并标在答题卷的相应位置。用答题卡的考生,先把选出的最佳选项标在试卷的相应位置,再转涂到答题卡上。 There are about fifteen hundred languages in the world. But ___36___ a few of them are very ___37___. English is one of these. Many, many people use it, not only in England and the U. S. A, but in other parts of the world. about 200, 000, 000 speak it as their own language. It is difficult to say how many people are learning it as a ___38___ language. Many millions are ___39__ to do so. Is it easy or difficult to learn English? Different people may have different ___40___. Have you ever __41___ the ads of this kind in the newspapers or magazines? “Learn English in six month, or your __42___ back ...” “Easy and funny? Our records and tapes __43___ you master your English in a month. __44___ the first day your ___45___ will be excellent. Just send ...” Of course, it never ___46___ quite like this. The only language that seems easy to learn is the mother tongue. We should ___47___ that we all learned our own language well when we were ___48___. If we could learn English in the same way, it would not seem so difficult. ___49___ what a small child does. He listens to what people say. He tries what he hears. When he is using the language, talking in it, and ___50___ in it all the time, just imagine how much ___51___ that gets! So it is ___52___ to say that learning English is easy, because a good command of English ___53___ upon a lot of practice. And practice needs great effort and ___54___ much time. Good teachers, records, tapes, books, and dictionaries will ___55___. But they cannot do the student’s work for him. A. not B. quite&&& C. only D. very
A. difficult& B. important&&& C. necessary&&& D. easy
A. native B. foreign& C. useful&& D. mother
A. learning&& B. enjoying C. trying&& D. liking
A. questions& B. problems C. ideas&&& D. answers
A. found& B. watched& C. noticed& D. known
A. knowledge& B. time C. money&&& D. English
A. make&& B. help C. let& D. allow
A. From&& B. On&& C. Since&&& D. After
A. spelling&& B. grammar& C. English& D. pronunciation
A. happened&& B. know C. seemed&& D. felt A. know&&& B. remember C. understand&& D. think
A. students&& B. children C. babies&& D. grown-ups
A. Imagine&&& B. Mind C. Do&& D. Think of
A. using& B. thinking C. trying&& D. practicing
A. time&& B. money&&& C. language D. practice
A. hard&& B. easy C. funny&&& D. silly
A. depends&&& B. tries&&& C. has& D. takes A. uses&&& B. takes&&& C. gets D. costs
A. do& B. work& C. help& D. master
来源:学年山东省兖州市高一上学期英语检测试卷
题型:完型填空
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出可以填入空白的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。A man wasdriving at 70 miles in a 40-mile zone(区域), when a& &&1.& &came behind him. &2. &theman started thinking of excuses to give.As thepoliceman came to him, he said, “Hi, officer, I guess you &&3.& &me a little bit over the speed limit. I was in a rush to get &&4.& , to be with my wife and kids. You know my younger son wasn’t feeling too &5.& &when I left home this morning. I’m afraid he’s ill.”The policemansaid, “Well, I guess so,” and started &&6.& &something in his notebook. As minutes went by, he could see from theside view mirror, the policeman was &7.&&writing. When the manwas wondering why he hadn’t asked for his driving &&8.& &so far, the policeman came to his window, &9.& &him a piece of paper, and returned to his car without saying a singleword. The man wondered: how much was this &&10. &goingto be? However, the man was &11. &&it was not a ticket(罚单)at all and he began to &&12.& :“I had adaughter who was &&13.& &by a speeding car at the age of six bya speeding driver. He got a fine, a few months in &14. &, and then was free, free to hug his two daughters. I only had one, and nowI have to &15. &&until I get to heaven before I can hug her again.I have tried to&& &&16. &that man a thousand times, and I thought I had. Maybe Ireally did forgive(原谅)him. So pray(祈祷)for me, and be &&17.& &when you drive again. My son is all I have been left with.”The man wascompletely &&18.& &and could not move for the next few minutes. Whenfinally he did, he drove &19. &, even a few miles &&20.& &the speed limit, praying for forgiveness.21. A. truck&&&&&&&&&&& B.mail car&&&&&&&& C. police car&&&&&&&&&& D.taxi22. A. Just now &&& B. Just so &&&&&&&& C.Right now&&& &&&&&&& D. Rightaway23. A. remembered&& B. caught&&&&&& &&&C. mistook&&&&& &&& D. recognized24. A. to school&&&&&&& B. home&&&&&&&& &&& C.out&&&&&&&&& &&& D.to hospital25. A. well&&&&&&&& B. happy&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.free&&&&&&&&&&&& D.bad26. A. writing& &&& B. looking for& &&&C. listing&&&&&&&&& &&& D.looking up27. A. even&&&& &&& B. really&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.never&&&&&&& &&&&&&& D.still28. A. route && &&&&&&& B.License(执照)& C.Journal&&&&& &&& D. Insurance(保险)29. A. handed&&&&&& B. sent&&&& &&&&&&& C.rewarded&&&& &&& D. pushed30. A. paper&&&&&&&&&&& B.note&&&&&&&&&&&& C.notice&&&&&& &&& D. ticket31. A. excited& &&& B. upset&&&&&&&&&&& &&&C. surprised&&&&&&&&&&& D.angry32. A. laugh&&&&&&&&&&& B.smile&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.read&&&&&&&&&&&& D.think33. A. hit&&&&& &&& B. knocked&&&&&&&&& C.trapped&&&&&&&&& D. killed 34. A. fear&&&&&&&& B. trouble&&&&&&&&& C.prison&&&&&& && &&&&&D.danger35. A. stay&&&&&&&& B. wait&&&&&&&&&&&& C.remain&&&&&&&&&& D. escape36. A. forgive&&&&& B. attack&&&&&&&&&& C.educate&&&&&&&&& D. support37.A. honest&&& &&& &&& B.thankful&&&&&&&& C. patient&&&&& &&&D. careful38. A. disappointed&& B. nervous&&&&&&&&&&& C.shocked&&&&&&&&& D. frightened39. A. quickly& &&& B. slowly&&&&&& &&&C. fortunately&&&&& D. rapidly40. A.under&&&&&&&&&&& B. over&&&&&&&&&&&& C.to&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.with&
来源:0910学年海南省高一第一学期期末考试
题型:完形填空
&第二节:完形填空(共20小题; 每小题1分, 满分20分)&阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从41-60各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。It was the last day of the finalexamination in a large eastern university. On the steps of one building, agroup of students were talking about the exam that was going to begin in afew&& 21& .On their faces was confidence. This was their &&22&exam—then on to graduation and jobs.Some talked of jobs they already had,others talked of jobs they& 23& get. With the certainty offour years of college, they felt& 24& and able to take controlof the world.The coming exam, they knew, would be a(n)25& task, as the professor had saidthey could bring& 26& books or notes they wanted, requestingonly that they did not& 27& each other during the test.& 28 they entered the classroom. Theprofessor passed out the papers. And smiles 29_on the students’ faces as theyfound there were only five questions.Three hours had passed 30& theprofessor began to collect papers. The students no longer looked confident. Ontheir faces was a frightened expression. Papers in hand, no one spoke as theprofessor faced the class.He looked at the& 31&faces before him, and then asked: “How many completed all five questions?” &32ahand was raised.“How many answered four?” Still no hand.“Three? Two?” The students moved restlesslyin their seats. “One, then? Certainly somebody finished 33 .” But theclass remained silent.The professor put down the papers. “That isexactly what I& 34,” he said. “I just want you to know that,although you have completed four years of study, there are 35 manythings about the &&36 you don’t know. These questions youcould not answer are relatively common in everyday& 37 .” Then,smiling, he added, “You will all 38& this course, but remember--eventhough you are now college graduates, your education had just& 39&.”The years have weakened the name of theprofessor, but not the 40 he taught. 21. A. seconds B. minutes&&&&&&& C.hours&& D. days22. A. only&&&&&&& B.first&&&&& C. very&&&&& D.last23. A. would&&&& B.must&&& C. had to& && D. used to24. A. glad&&&&&&& B.ready&& C. sorry&&& D. nice25. A. interesting&&&& B.necessary&&& C. easy&&&& & D. unusual26. A. no& B. either& C. any&&&&&& &D. some27. A. listen to B. look at C. care for&&&&&&& &D. talk to28. A. Hardly&&& B. Happily&&&&&&&& C.Quickly&&&&&&&&& & D.Carefully29. A. appeared&&&&&& B.changed&&&&&& C. failed&& & D.stopped30. A. then&&&&&& B.as&&&&&&&& C. before & D. after31. A. pleased B. worried&&&&&&& C.surprised&&&& D. moved32. A. Not&&&&&&&& B.Once&&& C. Only&&&& D. Even33. A. all& B. none&&& C.one&&&&&& D. it34. A. wondered&&&&& B.enjoyed&&&&&&& C. hated&& &D. expected35. A. even&&&&&& B.already&&&&&&&& C. so&&&&&&&& D.still36. A. exam&&&&& B.subject&&&&&&&& C. question&&&&&& D.college37. A. job B. class&&& C.practice&&&&&&& D. study38. A. pass&&&&&& B.fail&&&&&&& C. take&&&& D.start39. A. begun&&& B. completed&& C.failed&& &&& D. succeeded40. A. subject&&&&&&&&&&& &B. things&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&C. words& && D. lessons&
来源:0910学年湖南省高一上学期期末考试英语试卷
&第二节 完形填空(1)(每空一词,共12小题;每小题1分,满分12分)&& 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从31至第40小题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&& A girl complained(抱怨) to her father about herhard life. She wanted to& 29& because she didn’t know how to overcomeher problems. She felt tired of fighting and fighting. Onceone&&&&& _30& had been solved, another came.Her father, a cook, took her into thekitchen. He poured water into three pans. After the water boiled, in the firstpan he put some carrots, the second some eggs, and in the last some coffee. Hewaited without any&& 31& .The girl closed her mouth and waited,&&32 &&by what her father was doing. After about twentyminutes, her father&&& 33&& the stove and took out thecarrots and the eggs. Then the coffee was poured into a cup.Turning back to his daughter, he asked,“what do you& 34&& ?”“Carrots, eggs, and coffee,” she answered.Her father suggested she&35&& the carrots. She did, and felt the carrots were &&36&. Then he asked her to take the eggs and& 37& them. Afterpeeling(剥)them, shefelt that the eggs were hard.& Lastly, he asked her to smell the coffee.She asked impatiently , “What’s the meaning of this, father?” He explainedthat&&& 38&& had felt the same misfortune to be putinto the boiling water, but had reacted(反应)& &39 &. The strong and hard carrots becamesoft and weak after a while in the boiling water. The easily broken eggs becamehard after being cooked. Coffee was very unique --- it could change water.“&& 40& are you? ”asked herfather. “When the difficulty knocks your door, what is your reaction? Are youcarrots, eggs, or coffee?”29. A. catch up &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.wear out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.give up &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.run out30. A. matter&& && &&&&&&&&&&& B.business&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.question&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.problem31. A. breath&& && &&&&&&&&&&& B.praises&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.words&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.complaints32. A. pleased&&&&&&&&&& B.frightened&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.disappointed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.puzzled33. A. turned off&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.turned up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.turned down&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.turned away34. A. mean&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.see&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.suggest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.explain35. A. touch&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.eat&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.observe&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.keep36. A. bad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.soft&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D.gentle 37. A. hit&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.break&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.beat&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.destroy38. A. nothing&&&&&&&&&& B.anything&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.everything&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.something39. A. differently&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.certainly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.happily&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.equally40. A. How&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Who&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.When&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Where&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Not many foreigners can say that they have lived in China for as long as I have. Perhaps some can hack it for about two or three years and then they want to either go back home or move on to another c 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
Not many foreigners can say that they have lived in China for as long as I have. Perhaps some can hack(应对) it for about two or three years and then they want to either go back home or move on to another country. As for me, I cannot get 36 of this place. I love it here so much and I honestly believe that I am very comfortable here. It feels just like 37. And, here 38 the story.It was August 2001 and I had just said 39 to my family and friends as I 40 to Los Angeles International Airport to catch my 41 to Incheon, South Korea which would then 42 me to Beijing. When I arrived in LA I was very excited and a little 43 because I didn't know what to 44 when I arrived in China. It 45 like receiving a wrapped gift and you had no idea what was in it 46 you opened it. As I 47 the Korean Airlines 48 desk I gave the attendant(空乘人员) my ticket. He looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, sir. This flight was yesterday." I was in 49 and lost for words. The attendant told me I had to wait several hours until they could 50 whether I could get onto another flight.I was so afraid at this time that I called my mother and frantically(狂乱地) told her," I missed my flight! I don't think I can go to 51! I'm better off going back to Washington, DC!" That's when she 52 I call my leader in China and ask whether I could still go there. Looking 53 all of the papers I found a phone number and called the Beijing office. 54, my leader was there and assured me I could still join the group. Also, KAL had a seat for me on the next flight. So, after 24 hours and a 55 in Korea, I arrived in Beijing. I don't know what my feeling was, but I wasn't tired because I had finally arrived and I just wanted to look around the city. As I traveled to the hotel in the car I saw all the wonderful buildings, friendly people and interesting sites. I was so happy to be here.小题1:A.manyB.muchC.enoughD.little小题2:A.home B.familyC.houseD.country小题3:A.saysB.goesC.tellsD.talks小题4:A.helloB.sorry C.goodD.goodbye小题5:A.headedB.walkedC.settledD.jogged小题6:A.trainB.flightC.busD.ship小题7:A.adjustB.leadC.conductD.adapt小题8:A.surprisedB.annoyedC.adsurdD.nervous小题9:A.happenB.seeC.expect D.know小题10:A.felt B.lookedC.seemedD.sounded小题11:A.afterB.whenC.whileD.until小题12:A.gotB.arrivedC.approachedD.sat小题13:A.check-inB.officeC.check-outD.examine小题14:A.shock B.troubleC.dangerD.difficulty小题15:A.sureB.confirmC.constructD.ask小题16:A.KoreaB.WashingtonC.Los AngelesD.China小题17:A.explainedB.suggestedC.orderedD.requested小题18:A.aroundB.backC.throughD.for小题19:A.Luckily B.SeriouslyC.HonestlyD.Sadly小题20:A.visitB.livingC.stopoverD.stay
小题1:C小题2:A小题3:B小题4:D小题5:A小题6:B小题7:B小题8:D小题9:C小题10:A小题11:D小题12:C小题13:A小题14:A小题15:B小题16:D小题17:B小题18:C小题19:A小题20:C文章讲述的是作者从美国途径韩国到达中国的经过,在韩国的时候机票被告知是过期的,后来经过种种努力成功抵达北京的故事。小题1:上下文,根据后面的I love it here so much and I honestly believe that I am very comfortable here可知,作者总是感到不厌倦这里。小题2:上下文,作者感到喜欢这里,感觉这里像家一样小题3:常用搭配,故事是这样的,here goes the story,小题4:上下文,根据后文的as I 40 to Los Angeles International Airport 可知,作者即将坐飞机离开,所以是道别,说再见小题5:head for 出发前往,句意为,当我前往洛杉矶国际机场。小题6:上下文,作者前往机场是为了乘飞机,即赶航班catch flight小题7:上下文,因为作者最终是要去中国,所以此处指的是到达韩国后,那里的飞机带我去中国,lead 带领,引导小题8:上下文,根据后面的because I didn't know what to 44 when I arrived in China可知,作者对即将在中国有什么样的生活一无所知,所以有点紧张小题9:句意理解,作者不知道将会有什么样的生活让他去期待小题10:句意理解,这种紧张的感觉就好像受到了包裹但是不知道里面是什么。小题11:你不知道包裹里有什么,直到你打开它。小题12:上下文,根据后面的I gave the attendant(空乘人员) my ticket可知,作者此时在登机检查处,因此是当作者接近登机手续办理处的时候,工作人员说你的航班是昨天的。小题13:同上,check in desk 指的是登机手续办理处 ,因为作者在检票小题14:语境,当作者得知机票过期的时候,感到很震惊小题15:他们告诉我要等几个小时才可以向我确认/证实我是否能上另一班飞机。小题16:上下文,根据上文South Korea which would then 42 me to Beijing可知,作者最终的目的地是北京,中国小题17:上下文,根据后面的I call my leader in China可知,此处用的是虚拟语气,作者的母亲给他提出了一些建议。小题18:作者的母亲给了作者建议以后,作者开始浏览很多文件,寻找北京办事处的电话。小题19:上下文,根据后面的my leader was there and assured me I could still join the group可知,作者很幸运,小题20:stopover意为中途停留,此处指的是因为机票是昨天的而耽误的时间。
来源:不详
When a first-time father saw his newborn son, he immediately noticed the baby's ears obviously standing out from his head. He expressed his concern to the nurse that some children might be made fun of his child. A doctor examined the baby and reassured the new dad that his son was healthy---- the ears presented only a small problem with its appearance. But the nervous father continued. He wondered if the child might suffer psychological effects of ridicule, or if they should consider plastic surgery(整形手术). The nurse assured him that it was really no problem, and he should just wait to see if the boy grows into his ears.The father finally felt more optimistic about his child, but now he worried about his wife's reaction to those large ears. She had been delivered by operation, and had not yet seen the child.“She doesn't take things as easily as I do,” he said to the nurse.By this time, the new mother was settled in the recovery room and ready to meet her new baby. The nurse went along with the dad to lend some support in case this inexperienced mother became upset about her baby's large ears.The baby was in a blanket(毛毯) with his head covered for the short trip through the cold air-conditioned corridor. The baby was placed in his mother's arms, who eased the blanket back so that she could look at her child for the first time.She took one look at her baby's face and looked to her husband and gasped, “Oh, Honey! Look! He has your ears!”No problem with Mom. She married those ears...and she loves the man to whom they are attached.The poet Kahlil Gibran said, “Beaut beauty is a light in the heart.” It's hard to see the ears when you're looking into the light.小题1:When the father first saw his baby, he was worried that________.A.The baby might not grow up healthily.B.The baby might be laughed at by others.C.The baby might disappoint its mother.D.the baby might have mental problems.小题2:According to the doctor and nurse, the baby’s ears________.A.could not function well.B.looked the same as others.C.only caused a small problem. D.needed to have plastic surgery.小题3:What is true about the baby’s mother?A.She blamed her husband for the baby’s big ears.B.She was the first to discover the baby’s large ears.C.She suggested having an operation on the baby immediately.D.She found something similar between the baby and its father.小题4:What does the underlined word they refer to in the last but on paragraph(倒数第2段)?A.The ears.B.The parents.C.The doctor and nurse.D.The problems小题5:What’s the function of the last paragraph?A.To advise readers to listen carefully.B.To draw a conclusion from the story.C.To criticize the wrong attitude to physical beauty.D.To stress the importance of doctor-patient relationship.
Zhang Lili, a 29-year-old middle school teacher at the No 19 middle school in the city of Jiamusi in Northeast China's Heilongjiang province was crossing the road just outside the school's gate when a school bus suddenly came rushing toward nearby students at 8:38 pm on May 8, 2012. "There were three buses at the school gate ready to pick up students, but the one in the back suddenly crashed into the second bus and pushed it into the first one. There were several students standing between the first and the second buses and they were about to be crushed," said Liu Ye, a student of No. 19 middle school."We were waiting to board the bus when suddenly it began moving toward the teachers and students. Zhang Lili immediately pushed the students out of the way, but unfortunately she didn't escape. The bus crushed her legs. " added Liu.Zhang Lili was sent to hospital at about 9 pm and she was critically injured and her blood pressure was low. The situation was quite serious when rushed to hospital.After consulting specialists, the doctors decided that the only way to save her life was cut off both of her legs.Upon learning about the accident, the deputy mayor of the city, Sun Zhe, asked the hospital to "save the young teacher regardless of the cost" &"If necessary, we will invite more specialists from the capital city, even from whole nation," said Sun.Fortunately, after 58 hours of emergency medical attention after being transferred to the First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Zhang finally regained consciousness on May 15."But it cannot be ruled out that her condition may worsen, and the doctors are still working full out to save the heroic teacher," said Zhao Mingyan, ICU director at the hospital, where Zhang is now receiving treatment."Her courage moved all of our staff, and we will try our best to help the brave teacher in her future life. " said Wang Jianwei, the director of center.The Ministry of Education has also named her "National Outstanding Teacher" and called on the country's educators to learn from her.小题1:What does the underlined word “it” in the third paragraph refers to ________.A.the bus in the backB.the bus in the middleC.the bus in the frontD.the third bus小题2:What can be inferred from the remark of the deputy Mayor Sun Zhe?A.Every possible means is being carried out to save the brave teacher.B.It’s increasingly difficult to save the brave teacher.C.The only way to save the brave teacher is to cut off her legs.D.No more medical experts will be needed in the operation to save the brave teacher.小题3:What does the underlined sentence in the ninth paragraph attempt to tell us?A.The woman teacher’s condition will definitely get worse.B.There is little possibility that the woman teacher’s condition will improve.C.It is obvious that the woman teacher will recover shortly after.D.It’s likely that the woman teacher will suffer from a worse medical condition.小题4:Which of the following might be the best title for this passage?A.National Outstanding TeacherB.A Heroic TeacherC.An Example of Top TeachersD.An bus accident
About six years ago I was eating lunch in a restaurant in New York City when a woman and a young boy sat down at the next table. I couldn’t help overhearing parts of their conversation. At one point the woman asked: “So, how have you been?” And the boy—who could not have been more than seven or eight years old—replied, “Frankly, I’ve been feeling a little depressed lately.”This incident stuck in my mind because it confirmed my growing belief that children are changing. As far as I can remember, my friends and I didn’t find out we were “depressed”, that is, in low sprits, until we were in high school.Undoubtedly a change in children has increased steadily in recent years. Children don’t seem childlike anymore. Children speak more like adults, dress more like adults and behave more like adults than they used to.Whether this is good or bad is difficult to say, but it certainly is different. Childhood as it once was no longer exists. Why?Human development is based not only on born biological states, but also on patterns of access to social knowledge. Movement from one social role to another usually involves learning the secrets of the new status. Children have always been taught adult secrets, but slowly and in stages: traditionally, we tell sixth graders things we keep hidden from fifth graders.In the last 30 years, however, a secret-revelation(揭示)machine has been installed in 98 percent of American homes. It is called television. Television passes information to all viewers alike, whether they are children or adults. Unable to resist the temptation, many children turn their attention from printed texts to the less challenging, more vivid moving pictures.Communication through print, as a matter of fact, allows for a great deal of control over the social information to which children have access. Reading and writing involve a complex code of symbols that must be memorized and practiced. Children must read simple books before they can read complex materials.小题1:According to the author, feeling depressed is________.A.a sure sign of a mental problem in a childB.a mental state present in all humans, including children C.something that cannot be avoided in children’s mental development D.something hardly to be expected in a young child小题2:Traditionally, a child is supposed to learn about the adult world________.A.through connection with societyB.gradually and under guidanceC.naturally without being taughtD.through watching television小题3:According to the author, that today’s children seem adultlike results from ________.A.the widespread influence of televisionB.the poor arrangement of teaching contentC.the fast pace of human scientific developmentD.the rising standard of living小题4:What does the author think of communication through print for children?A.It enables children to gain more social information.B.It develops children’s interest in reading and writing.C.It helps children to read and write well. D.It can control what children are to learn.小题5:What does the author think of the change in today’s children?A.He feels their adultlike behavior is so funnyB.He thinks the change worthy of note.C.He considers it a rapid development.D.He seems to be upset about it.
Diana Velez does everything with great effort---and at maximum speed.That &21&learning a new language,completing two certificates(证书) and opening a store. When arriving in Canada in 2008,she set one &22&:to have what she had back home in Colombia.“I didn’t want to &23 &what I do,like those who come to a new country,”she said.“I &24 &to open a store here in Canada but knew I had to& 25 &myself properly.” Diana quickly realized that turning her dream of shop ownership in Canada a&26&&meant going to school to get the &27 &education and certification.“My experience of owning a shop and working as a designer in Colombia gave me &28 &in my abilities,but I couldn’t speak the language and I had to& 29&how to do things in Canada.It was like having to &30&all overagain,”said Diana.&&31 &,she found just the help she needed for her re-launch (重新开张)& 32& continuing education at George Brown College.She began taking &33 &for both the Essential Skills in Fashion Certificate and the Image Consulting Certificate in May 2009. 34 &Diana met with the language barrier(困难),she was always going&35 &while at college. By the end of October 2009, she had completed all certificate requirements.Within two years after her &36 &in Canada,Diana at last achieved her &37 &goal when her new store opened its doors in Toronto’s Sheppard Centre.She was on the fast-track to &&38&.Looking back,Diana,a fashion(时装)designer, 39 &her achievements to the goal she set,the education she received from the college,and &40&,the efforts she made.Now Diana is very happy doing what she is doing.小题1:A.requiresB.encouragesC.includes D.advises小题2:A.goalB.memoryC.choice D.problem小题3:A.continueB.chooseC.change D.lose小题4:A.demandedB.decidedC.agreed D.hesitated小题5:A.teachB.prepareC.enjoy D.persuade小题6:A.realityB.factC.challenge D.wonder小题7:A.physicalB.privateC.primary D.necessary小题8:A.pressureB.judgmentC.influence D.confidence小题9:A.put awayB.depend onC.learn aboutD.look into小题10:A.advanceB.startC.suffer D.work小题11:A.NaturallyB.GraduallyC.Luckily D.Clearly小题12:A.throughB.forC.before D.with小题13:A.notesB.responsibilitiesC.chances D.courses小题14:A.ThoughB.AsC.Since D.Once小题15:A.aroundB.backC.aheadD.out小题16:A.adventureB.arrivalC.performance D.journey小题17:A.originalB.commonC.another D.distant小题18:A.successB.wealthC.gloryD.happiness小题19:A.addsB.connectsC.devotesD.owes小题20:A.after allB.above allC.at least D.at first
A couple from Minneapolis decided to go to Florida for a long weekend to warm themselves up during one particularly icy cold winter. They planned to stay at the very same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years ago. They both had jobs, so it was decided that the husband would fly to Florida on a Thursday, and his wife would follow him the next day. Upon arriving as planned, the husband checked into the hotel. There he decided to open his laptop and send his wife an e-mail back in Minneapolis. However, he accidentally left off one letter in her address and sent the e-mail without noticing his error.In the same time: In Houston, a woman had just returned from her husband’s funeral(葬礼). He was a minister of many years who had been “called home to glory” following a heart attack. The woman checked her e-mail, expecting message from family and friends. Upon reading the first message, she fainted(昏厥)and fell to the floor. Her son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor and saw the computer screen which read:To: My Loving WifeFrom: Your Departed HusbandSubject: I’ve arrived!I’ve just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then. Hope your journey is as uneventful(平静)as mine was.P.S. Sure is hot down here.小题1:Why did the couple decide to go to Florida for weekend?A.To visit their family and friendsB.To escape from the cold winterC.To escape from their busy workD.To attend a friend’s funeral小题2:What mistake did the husband make after checking into the hotel?A.He checked into a wrong hotelB.He forget to bring the laptopC.He misspelled her wife’s addressD.He forgot to mail his letter小题3:The expression “called home to glory” probably suggests that the man had&&&&&&&&&&.A.gone back to his hometownB.called his family to say helloC.been awarded a prizeD.died and gone to heaven小题4:How did the woman probably feel after reading the e-mail?A.PleasedB.AmazedC.FrightenedD.Moved小题5:Which of the following is true according to the text?A.The woman’s husband died of a heart attackB.The woman liked to chat with her friends by e-mailC.The couple held their wedding in Florida 20 years ago.D.His wife wouldn’t go to Florida for his error.
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。This is a real life story of the engineers building the Brooklyn Bridge in New York, USA back in 1870. The bridge was completed in 1883, after 13 years. In 1869, a creative engineer named John Roebling was &&16&&by an idea to build a spectacular bridge &&17&&New York with the Long Island. &&18&, bridge-building experts throughout the world thought that this was impossible and told Roebling to forget the idea.Roebling could not ignore the vision he had in his mind of this bridge. After much discussion and persuasion he &&19&&to convince his son Washington, an up and coming engineer, that the bridge &&20&could be built. The project started well, but when it was only a few months underway, a tragic accident took the life of John Roebling. Washington was also injured and left with a certain amount of brain damage, which &&21&&him not being able to talk or walk.& 22&&his handicap, Washington was never discouraged and still had a burning &&23&&to complete the bridge and his mind was still as &&24&&as ever. He didn’t want to &&25 . Suddenly an idea &&26&&him. All he could do was move one &&27&&and he decided to make the best use of it. By moving this, he &&28&&developed a code of communication with his wife.For 13 years Washington tapped out his &&29&&with his finger on his wife’s arm, until the bridge was finally completed. Today the spectacular Brooklyn Bridge stands for his determination not to be &&30 by circumstances. It stands too as a monument to the love and &&31&&of his wife who for 13 years long &&32&&decoded(解码)the messages of her husband and told the engineers what to do.Perhaps this is one of the best examples of a never-say-die attitude that overcomes a terrible physical handicap and achieves a(n) &&33&&goal. Often when we face obstacles in our day-to-day life, our hurdles(障碍) seem very small in comparison to what many others have to face. The Brooklyn Bridge shows us that &&34&&that seem impossible can be realized with determination and persistence(坚持), no matter what the &&35&are.小题1:A.inspiredB.promotedC.awardedD.presented小题2:A.collectingB.connectingC.contactingD.combining小题3:A.ThereforeB.InsteadC.HoweverD.So小题4:A.triedB.persuadedC.managedD.demanded小题5:A.in factB.in turnC.in needD.in general小题6:A.brought inB.resulted inC.put inD.took in小题7:A.In case ofB.Because ofC.In terms ofD.In spite of小题8:A.desireB.emotionC.feelingD.impression小题9:A.enthusiasticB.sharpC.eagerD.aware小题10:A.break downB.make outC.give upD.take up小题11:A.hitB.beatC.knockedD.patted小题12:A.handB.armC.fingerD.foot小题13:A.slowly B.swiftlyC.quicklyD.gently小题14:A.descriptionsB.introductionsC.instructionsD.explanations小题15:A.controlledB.affectedC.harmedD.hurt小题16:A.contributionB.devotionC.responsibilityD.attention小题17:A.patientlyB.hopefullyC.thankfullyD.occasionally小题18:A.practicalB.beneficialC.particularD.impossible小题19:A.ideasB.choicesC.dreamsD.challenges小题20:A.difficultiesB.conditionsC.situationsD.positions
Henry Ford was the first person to build cars which were cheap,strong and fast.He was able to se11 millions of models because he could produce them in large numbers at a time;that is,he made a great many cars of exactly the same kind. Ford’s father hoped that his son would become a farmer,but the young man did not like the idea and he went to Detroit(底特律)where he worked as a mechanic(机械师).By the age of 29,in 1892,he had built his first car.However,the car made in this way,the famous “Model T” did not appear until 1908-----five years after Ford had started his great motor car factory.This car showed to be so well-known that it remained unchanged for twenty years.Since Ford’s time,this way of producing cars in large numbers has become common in industry and has reduced the price of many goods which would otherwise be very expensive.小题1:Henry Ford was the man to built _____ cars.A.cheap and strongB.cheap and longC.fast and expensiveD.strong and slow小题2:Ford was able to sell millions of cars,because_____.A.he made many great carsB.his cars are manyC.he made lots of cars of the same kindD.both A and B小题3:The young man became a mechanic,_______.A.which was his father’s willB.which was against his own willC.which was against his father’s willD.which was the will of both小题4:The “Model T” was very famous_____.A.before 1908B.between 1982 and 1908C.before 1892D.after 1908小题5:Ford built his own car factory_____?A.in 1903B.in 1908C.in 1913D.in 1897
A famous teacher was speaking to the students at our school. He began his lesson by holding up a £100 bill. Then he said to the three hundred students, "Who would like to have this £100 bill?" The students began to put up their hands at once.Then he said, "I am going to give this bill to one of you, but first, let me do this." He then made this bill into a ball. Then he said, "Who wants it?" Hands went into the air."Well," he said, "What if I do this?" and he dropped it on the floor and stepped on it. He picked up the dirty, crumpled bill and said, "Who still wants it?" Hands went back into the air."My friends," he said, "You've learned a valued lesson today. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it didn't go down in value. It was still worth £100. Many times in our lives, we're dropped, crumpled, and stepped on by the chances we take and the things that happen to us. We feel as if we are worth nothing. But remember, no matter what has happened to you, you will never lose your value. You are always valuable to those who love you. Your value doesn't come from what you drop or whom you know,but WHO YOU ARE .You are special and valuable. Don't ever forget it!小题1:The story happened ______.A.when the teacher gave the students some advice on how to learn EnglishB.when the students were having a meetingC.when the teacher gave the students a speechD.when the students were discussing something interesting with their teachers小题2:Even though the money was dirty, it _______.A.went up in valueB.was worth muchC.didn't reduce in valueD.was still ours小题3:The underlined sentence “Hands went back into the air.” in the third paragraph means_______.A.the students put up their hands againB.the students put down their handsC.the students agreed to what the teacher saidD.the students put their hands in front of them小题4:Why did the famous teacher use a £100 at his lesson?A.Because he wanted to give a lecture about money.B.Because he was used to dropping a bill on the floor and stepping on it.C.Because he was going to give the bill to one of the students.D.Because he wanted to make the students know what the value was.小题5:What lesson can you learn from the passage?A.£100 bill is worth the same no matter what you do with it.B.All people love money most.C.Your value doesn't change no matter what happens to you.D.The value of money changes when it is made dirty.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 lend to 的文章

随机推荐