finish what you were telling me about job英语作文that job.

欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:1530套总数:5885151套专访:3372部会员:401265位
当前位置:
& 甘肃省张掖中学2013届高三5月模拟考试英语试题
甘肃省张掖中学2013届高三5月模拟考试英语试题
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
上传时间:
下载次数:89次
资料类型:模拟/摸底/预测
文档大小:179KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
张掖中学2013年五月高考英语模拟试题
(选择题,共85分)
英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
I.单项填空(共15小题,每小题1分,满分15分)
从A.B.C.D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
1.---We’d better leave now or we’ll miss seeing the film star.
---_______?I don’t like him.
A.What for
C.How come
2.It is____relief to hear that Marta got out of_____debt after years of hard work.
3.I_____in the library.If you want to explain the problem face to face,please come here.
A.am studying
B.was studying
C.have been studying
D.had been studying
4.It remains to be seen___there is a link between using a mobile phone and your headaches or not.
5.My mother has written dozens of books but I’ve only read_____.
6._____free of charge,your new iphone 5 will be delivered to you the next day.
C.Having sent
7.I didn’t know the reason____the youth believed the rumor about the end of the world.
8.Immediate measures____to deal with the emergencies once they happen.
A.will be adopted
B.have been adopted C.will adopt
D.have adopted 9.The company has a difficult time____good employees because of its poor pay and benefits.
A.associating
B.arranging
C.attracting
D.avoiding
10.None of the farmers in the small village can read or write,____speak the official language.
A.nor can they
B.so can they
C.nor they can
D.so they can
11.—No wonder you were not admitted into university.You____so lazy when you were in school.
桰 know how silly I was.
A.shouldn ’t have been
B.mustn’t have been
C.couldn’t have been
D.mightn’t have been
12.Paris is always full of tourists,____during the summer months.
A.especially
C.naturally
D.eventually
13.I’ve just read an interesting book which has a new approach___Shakespeare.
14.My uncle____to become a lawyer but ended up teaching history instead.
A.set about
15.---Would you mind telling me what’s your father’s job?
---Of course not._________.
A.His experience doesn’t fit him for it
B.Everything is going smoothly
C.He’s a teacher
D.He’s got tired of it
II.完形填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
During his college years, Rogers spent a summer in an Idaho logging camp(伐木场). When the manager had to 16 for a few days, he put Rogers 17 .
“What if the men refuse to follow my 18
?” Rogers asked. He thought of Tony, a worker who 19 all day, giving the other men a hard time.
“20 them,” the manager said. Then, as if reading Roger’s mind, he said, “I 21 you are going to fire Tony if you get the chance. I’d feel 22 about that. I have been logging for 40 years. Tony is the most 23 worker I’ve ever had. I know he is always unsatisfied with everybody and everything. 24 , he comes first and leaves last. There has 25 been an accident on the hill where he works.”
The next day, Rogers 26 the position. He spoke to Tony, “Do you know I take the manager’s place today? I was going to fire you once you 27 me, but I want you to know I’m not,” he told Tony,
28 what the manager had said. When he finished, Tony stood there silently, 29
to tears. That day Tony worked harder than ever before梐nd he smiled!
Rogers went back to his 30 after the summer. Twelve years later he 31 Tony again by chancee. Tony was now manager of the largest logging company in the west. Rogers 32 how he came to California and happened to have such 33 .
Tony replied, “The one minute you talked to me back in Idaho changed my whole life.”
Have you got one minute to tell someone what you 34 appreciate about him or her? One minute to thank someone who has helped you?
One minute. It can make a 35 for a lifetime.
16. A.work
17.A.in honor
C.in silence
D.in charge
18.A.orders
B.examples
19.A.feared
B.complained
D.regretted
20.A.Ignore
B.Appreciate
D.Encourage
21.A.agree
23.A.creative
B.intelligent
C.reliable
D.experienced
24.A.Otherwise
C.Therefore
25.A.never
26.A.took down
B.took over
C.turned down
D.turned over
27.A.offended
C.bothered
D.prevented
28.A.accepting
B.explaining
C.including
29.A.confused
C.interviewed
D.remembered
32.A.learned
D.introduced
33.A.decision
C.confidence
34.A.secretly
B.occasionally
C.sincerely
35.A.choice
B.difference
C.preparation
D.contribution
阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
(共15小题;每小题2分,共30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
Chinese are very generous when it comes to educating their children. Not caring about the money, parents often send their children to the best schools or even abroad to England, the United States or Australia. They also want their children to take extra course activities where they will either learn a musical instrument or ballet, or other classes which will give them a head start in life. The Chinese believe that the more expensive an education is, the better it is. So parents will spend an unreasonable amount of money on education. Even poor couples will buy a computer for their son or daughter.
However, what most parents fail to see is that the best early education they can give their children is usually very cheap.
Parents can see that their children’s skills vary, skilled in some areas while poor in others. What most parents fail to realize though, is that today’s children lack self-respect and self-confidence.
The problem is that parents are only educating their children on how to take multiple-choice tests and how to study well, but parents are not teaching them the most important skills they need to be confident, happy and clever.
Parents can achieve this by teaching practical skills like cooking, sewing or doing other housework.
Teaching a child to cook will improve many of the skills that he will need later in life. Cooking demands patience and time. It is an enjoyable but difficult experience. A good cook always tries to improve his cooking, so he will learn to work hard and gradually finish his job successfully. His result, a well-cooked dinner, will give him much satisfaction and a lot of self-confidence.
Some old machines, such as a broken radio or a TV set that you give your child to play with will make him curious and arouse his interest. He will spend hours looking at them, your child might become an engineer when he grows up. These activities are not merely teaching a child to read a book, but rather to think, to use his mind. And that is more important.
36. Parents in China, according to this passage, ______
A. are too strict with their children
B. are too rich to educate their children
C. have some problems in educating their children correctly
D. are too poor to educate their children
37. Doing some cooking at home helps children_______
A. learn how to serve their parents
B. learn how to become strong and fat
C. benefit from it and prepare themselves for the future
D. make their parents believe that they are clever
38. According to the last paragraph, we can conclude that ______.
A. broken radios and television sets are useful
B. one’s curiosity may be useful for his later life
C. an engineer must fix many broken radios
D. a good student should spend much time repairing radios
Everyone’s at it, even my neighbors. I thought I might be the only person left in the world who hadn’t done an eBay deal. So I decided to try my hand at online auction (网上拍卖).
Buying for beginners: Sign up on www.eBay.co.uk. Most items (e.g. tables, computers, and books) ready for auction will come with a picture and others may be marked with “Buy It Now” and have a fixed price. You can buy these right away.
If the item is being auctioned, you offer the highest price you are prepared to pay and eBay bids(出价)for you .The bid will be increased little by little until it goes beyond your highest bid, then you are emailed and asked if you would like to bid again. Auctions last up to 10 days, and when they finish you get an e-mail telling you whether you have won the item.
How to pay: Sellers decide how they would like to be paid and you need to check this before placing a bid as you might not want to post a cheque or postal orders. The easiest way is through PayPal, an online payment system that takes the money away from your credit card(信用卡).
Selling made simple: If you plan to sell on eBay, it helps to include a picture of the item. I followed my friends’ advice and put up the items I wanted to sell for a 10-day auction, starting on a Thursday. This way buyers had two weekends to bid.
The big things in life: It’s easy to post a small item, but furniture is a big part of eBay and this has to be collected or sent by deliverymen. Check the ways of delivery before you bid.
39. What is the passage mainly about?
A. How to make payment online.
B. Ways of making delivery online.
C. Advantages of an online auction system.
D. How to use an online-auction system.
40. After bidding for an item, a buyer________________.
A. can’t buy other items any more
B. should make payment immediately
C. has chances to make higher bids
D. must give your credit card to the seller
41. You should________________ if the item is being auctioned.
A. make loud noises
B. get the others not to bid
C. ask the other people’s price
D. offer the highest price you are ready to pay
42. The easiest way of making payment mentioned in the passage is___________.
A. through an online payment system
B. through a local bank system
C. by sending the money to the seller
D. by paying the delivery man directly
Calling the future
When American inventor Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876, it was a revolution in communication. For the first time, people could talk to each other over great distances. Over the last two decades a new means of spoken communication has appeared: the mobile phone.
The mobile phone is like a two-way radio. But the two-way radio is a limited means of communication. As soon as the users move out of range of each other’s broadcast area, the signal is lost. In the 1940s, researchers experimented with the idea of using a number of radio masts (无线电杆) to pick up signals from two-way radios. A caller would always be within range of one of the masts. When he or she moved too far away from one mast, the next mast would pick up the signal. (Scientists referred to each mast’s reception area as being a “cell”. This is why in many countries mobile phones are called “cellphones”.)
However, 1940s’ technology was just at the beginning. The “mobile phones” were huge boxes. They had to be moved by car.
The first real mobile telephone call was made in 1973 by Dr Martin Cooper. As soon as his invention was complete, he tested it by calling a rival (竞争对手) scientist to announce his success. Within a decade, mobile phones became available to the public.
They have changed the way we do a lot of things. One powerful feature is: the short message service (SMS) or text message. It’s the perfect communication method for the busy modern lifestyle. The text message has changed the way we write in English. The language construction became more lax (松散的). Traditional rules of grammar and spelling are much less important.
Over the last few years mobiles have become more and more advanced. We have seen the introduction of cameras, global positioning system and Internet access.
Alexander Graham Bell would be surprised if he could see how far the science of the telephone has developed in less than 150 years. If he were around today, he might say: ‘‘‘That’s gr8! But I’m v busy rite now. Will call U 2nite.’
43. The article is intended to_______.
A. warn people of the possible risks in using mobile phones
B. inform readers of the history and benefits of mobile phones
C. convince people of the uses of mobile phones
D. predict the applications of mobile phones
44. What’s the CORRECT time order about the development of communication?
a. the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell
b. “mobile phones” with very large boxes
c. mobile telephone call made by Dr Martin Cooper
d. mobiles with cameras, GPS and Internet access
A. a, c, b, d
B. b, a, c, d
C. a, c, d, b
D. a, b, c, d
45. The last sentence of the whole passage ‘‘That’s gr8! But I’m v busy rite now. Will call U 2nite.” May probably means________.
A. That’s great! But I’m very busy right now. (I) Will call you tonight
B. It’s eight now. I’m very busy. (I) Will call you tonight
C. That’s great! But I’m busy writing now. (I) Will call you at two tonight
D. “8” is great! But I’m very busy right now. (I) Will call it “U” to night
46. What do you think of the author according to the last paragraph?
A. Humorous.
B. Ironic.
D. Worried.
“Regardless of social class, race and age, men say they hate to shop,” says Zukin, City University of New York sociology professor.“Yet when you ask them deeper questions, it turns out that they like to shop.Men generally like to shop for books, music and hardware.But if you ask them about the shopping they do for books or music, they’ll say, “ Well, that’s not shopping.That’s research.”
In other words, what men and women call “buying things” and how they approach that task are different.
Women will wander through several 1,000-square-meter stores in search of the perfect party dress.Men will wander through 100 Internet sites in search of the perfect digital camcorder(摄录像一体机).Women see shopping as a social event.Men see it as a special task or a game to be won.
“Men are frequently shopping to win,” says Ann, a marketing professor at Loyola University of Chicago.“They want to get the best deal.They want to get the best one, the latest one and if they do that it makes them happy.” When women shop, they’re doing it in a way that they want everybody to be very happy,” says Ann.“They’re kind of shopping for love.”
“ Teenage girls learn to shop from their moms and older sisters, but they also learn to shop by examining articles in magazines like Seventeen,” City University Zukin says. “And although men’s magazines such as GQ and Esquire have long had shopping articles, it’s TV that has the eye of young male shoppers,” say Ann and Zukin.
“Television shows are used by young men in the same way Seventeen magazine or Lucky is used by girls,” says Zukin, “to help make clothing and toiletry(化妆品) choices.”
“Of course, there are men who love to shop and are proud of it,” Loyola’s Ann says.And that is important no matter whether they buy a car or a frying pan.All men love to buy but don’t want to get cheated. Ann adds, “There actually are men who are interested, for example, in cooking or shopping or chinaware or things around the home-----they become kind of girl magnets.Women like it.”
.From the first paragraph we can find that _____.
A.men are all dishonest
B.men are all book-lovers
C.men hate to shop actually
D.men like to shop in fact
.Compared to women, men usually treat shopping _____.
A.honestly
B.seriously
C.frequently
D.foolishly
.As is shown in this passage, teenage girls go shopping _____.
A.only with their moms
B.only with their sisters
C.often following magazines
D.often following TV shows
.The underlined work “magnets” in the last paragraph means _____.
A.magazines that attract young women
B.persons that have a powerful attractionC.tools that can help housewives much
D.vegetables that make women beautiful
The seven Cs of a good letter
What is the secret of writing a good letter? Here are two main ones. Don’t try to be fancy. Don’t try to impress your reader. You will be successful if you follow these seven Cs.
Clear.Use short, direct sentences.
Talk as if the reader were right there with you .Above all, don’t use an introduction.
Don’t guess, even for spelling. Refer to your dictionary. If you need to , check a reference book too. Use them as much as you need to.
Complete. Don’t scatter our points.
This is good orgainzation too.
Courteous. Be friendly rather than overly casual. Present your information nicely even if you are complaining about something . In all letters, treat others as you want them to treat you.
Concise. Make each point as clearly and briefly as you can.
Conversational. This is really the secret of good writing ,
. Such a letter has a natural, friendly tone. Let your personality come through naturally.
Considerate. 55
Write about what you believe the reader needs or wants to know。Try to be helpful. This will build good feeling toward you.
The seven Cs are about writing letters. But how about school papers? Use the seven Cs. Write as if you are talking to your teacher or professor. You’ll be surprised. You’ll almost instantly become a good writer. And you might even enjoy writing from now on.
A. Just “talk”to the person
B. Think of the readers’point of view as you write.
C. Make them easy to understand
D. Include long sentences in your letter
E. Make sure what you say is correct
F. Writing should not be taken too seriously
G. Finish one point completely before going on to the next.
第II卷(非选择题
写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节 短文改错(满分10分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加,删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出改加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
My best friend are my classmate Jack. We always do everything together and play for same soccer team. One day last year we had a terrible quarrel after we
lose. Jack told me I had played badly, what made me very madly. I walked away and didn’t speak to Jack at more than a week. I even ignored him in class. Finally, another classmates told me Jack was very sad about our quarrel, which made me realize I should be the one to apologize to, so I did. Sometimes our friends tell us things we don’t like but they are only trying to helping us and we should be grateful to him. Jack was right. I did play badly.
书面表达(满分25分)
假定你是李华,美籍教师苏珊来你班任教一个多月了,她希望同学们对她的教学提出意见和建议。请你根据以下要点提示,用英语给她写一封建议信。
1. 讲课语速再慢点;
2. 将西方文化与教学相结合;
3. 组织课外活动;
4. 其他建议
注意1.词数100左右;
2.开头和结尾已给出,但不计入总词数;
3.可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。
Dear Susan,
My classmates really appreciate your excellent teaching,but
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I trust you will consider my suggestions.
Yours sincerely,
张掖中学2013年五月英语模拟试题答案
1---5 B B A D B
6---10 D A A C A
11---15 A A C D C
16---20 C D A B C
21---25 D A C D A
26---30 B A D C B
31---35 A C D C B
III 阅读理解
D: D B C B
same前加the
lose---lost
what---which madly---mad
at more than---for more than
classmates---classmate
apologize to中的to去掉
helping---help
him---them
V 作文范文
Dear Susan,
My classmates really appreciate your excellent teaching,but we think that you can make some improvements in some aspects.I am writing to offer you some advice.
To begin with,I hope you can slow down a little bit when giving us a lecture because some students find it hard to keep up with you.Secondly,we will have a better understanding of the text if you can combine the learning material with some western culture.Furthermore,we expect to see some classic movies in the language lab after class in order to broaden our horizens.Finally,we hope you can organize the English Corner regularly to help us speaking English,by which we can improve our spoken English quickly.
I trust you will consider my suggestions.
Yours sincerely
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 about job英语作文 的文章

随机推荐