Will it is it is convenientt for you to startwork tomorr

(2016浙江台州) B
For over 100 years, it is convenient for people to go from one place to another by taxi. But sometimes -题库-e学大
您好,欢迎来 e学大,我们来自全国最大的智能教育机构——学大教育
当前位置:
(2016浙江台州) B
For over 100 years, it is convenient for people to go from one place to another by taxi. But sometimes -题库-e学大
【阅读理解】(2016浙江台州) B &&& For over 100 years, it is convenient for people to go from one place to another by taxi. But sometimes there are no taxis coming to the place you are waiting. However, this has become a thing of the past since Uber app appears.&&& What is Uber&&& Uber is an American company that provides a taxi service through an app on the smart phone. It was set up in March, 2009 and has grown quickly. An app, in fact, is a computer program working on smart phones, computers and other communication devices (设备). By using your smart phone, you can easily and quickly order a taxi that takes you to the place you want to go.&&& Uber app makes you feel good&& The nicest thing about Uber app is that you can see where your taxi is or how long it will take to reach you on your smart phone screen. And you can also find the telephone number of the driver in Uber app,so you can call or send messages to the driver when you are waiting.&&& Uber taxis are always available&&& Uber is always there 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you want to go somewhere, you can easily open Ubcr app at home or anywhere in the open air, then it connects you to the nearest driver.&&& Usually it takes only between 5 and 15 minutes to get a Uber taxi by using Uber app.&&& The advantages of Uber&&& Uber is popular because it is simple and very user-friendly. You have nothing to do with a taxi company. If you are not pleased with the ride and the driver, you can give the driver a low score through Ubcr app, so Uber taxi drivers usually serve well. Generally speaking, Uber is simple, time-saving, and above all very easy.&&& The cost of a Uber taxi&&& At Uber, the payment is easy through your bank card. How much you need to pay depends on the country and the city that you are in. It is sure that Uber taxis are much cheaper than the taxis you used to take.Uber app is____________.A、a computer program
B、a name of a taxi driverC、an American company D、a kind of smart phone正确答案(A)答案解析After ordering a Uber taxi, you _____________ .A、should talk about the pay with the driver firstB、must call the driver to know where he (she) isC、can almost know when the taxi reaches youD、should tell the driver your telephone number正确答案(C)答案解析According to the passage,it is true that Uber taxis ____________ .A、have a history as long as 10 yearsB、can be ordered any time you needC、have nothing to do with Uber companyD、are more expensive than the taxis we used to take正确答案(B)答案解析The passage mainly tells us that_____________ .A、smart phones bring people a lot of funB、Uber taxis make people’s life more excitingC、Uber app is much more user-friendly than other appsD、Uber app makes people’s life more convenient正确答案(D)答案解析相关微课程上一题:下一题:发现相似题
学生端下载扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
When will it be convenient for you to come?如果去掉形式主语的方式,可以写为以下的句子吗?改写的对吗?还有其他的写法吗?When will be convenient for I coming?When will you are convenient for I coming?
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
改写的不对 .原句的中文意思是,(对)你(来说)什么时候方便)过来,或 你什么时候来合适改写第一句,完全颠覆原句的意思,意为:(对)我(来说)什么时候去方便(合适)第二句 ,先说一下,will you are 是错的,应该是will you be .不过就算改成will you be 句子的涵义还是被后面那句 I coming 给改变了.意为:你什么时候方便于我过来正确改法应该是:When will you be convenient to come 你什么时候方便过来?我就喜欢玩语法,欢迎追问.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
后面还是to come ,相当于it is adj. for sb to do的搭配
1。这是定语从句中常见的句型。一般来说定语从句中in which=where,2。至于加介词可以这样看"national security is involved ---a situation,你读一读,是不是觉得 a situation前是不是少了点东西?(which代表a situation).句子的意思是”国家安全问题陷入(被卷入)一种情形,那么表在哪个地点,情况的前面一般要加介词...
不可以改写it 是非人称代词 指代“时间”句意“你什么时间方便过来呢?”去掉之后句子意思不完整。convenient “方便的” 只能说某个时间对于某人来说是方便的,不能说某人方便,所以不能说you are convenient 该句没有其他写法谢谢!When will you have a convenient time to...
扫描下载二维码扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
if it is convenient for you 为什么不能说成if you are convenient中文不是说"如果你方便的话"的吗?是"你"做主语的
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
因为convenient在这里指的是,某件事对于你来说很方便.修饰的是IT而不是you.所以不能说you are convenient.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码Fact Sheet英语过程写作-新托福(iBT)写作范文
新托福(iBT)写作范文
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for a teacher to help students gain self-confidence than to teach them specific knowledge?Teacher has been a profession for ages since the existence of human being. As early as Greek time, we have prominent teachers as Aristotle and Plato, while in ancient China, teachers such as Confucius and Mencius. It is teacher that is playing an unceasingly positive impact on the evolution and development of human society. They not only instruct us specific knowledge, which enriches our minds and broadens our horizon, but also teach us philosophy of life, leading us to self-confidence, self-worth and self-realization. Then one problem emerges as we delve into the function of teacher: which is a more important task of teachers, helping students gain self-confidence or teaching them specific knowledge? From my perspective, teacher does both, and there is no absolute judgment of which one is more important. Only those that can do both well are eligible for qualified It is undeniable that teachers' top priority is to impart knowledge to students. That is, as a matter of fact, how we define teachers: the person who imparts certain knowledge to others. Take history teacher as an example. Some history teachers are able to make their classes as lively as possible by illustrating their points through interesting historic events and stories. Through this way, they not only attain the purpose of knowledge impartment but also make students love their classes, in turn, love history. On the contrary, other history teachers are simply teaching knowledge for its own sake, without further elaboration of classes. We rarely call this kind of teachers &good teacher&. Therefore, due to the nature of teachers, it is undeniably significant for teachers to impart knowledge to students.On the other hand, equally important is teachers' awareness and ability to help students gain self-confidence. This, to a certain extent, is the broad definition of teacher. With the increasing pace and complexity of modern society, the twentieth-first century is calling for multiple talents, talents who are not only physically and academically capable, but also psychologically capable. Outstanding students with weak psychological state or lack of confidence are surely not the employers wanted. Therefore, people have attained a common consensus as time passes by that students' mentality is of equal importance with the academic knowledge they acquire. Therefore, it is this background that calls for teachers to gain the ability to help students gain self-confidence. Only when students are confident enough about themselves can they have the healthy mentality to perform tasks.Therefore, it is reasonable to maintain that for a teacher, in the present society, helping students to gain self-confidence and teaching them specific knowledge are of equal importance. It is highly possible that as time elapses, teachers will take on more roles besides the two. However, at present, these two core functions of teachers should be attached of high priority if one wants to become a teacher or if one is judging a teacher. Absence of either one can legitimately take off the crown of the seemingly &good teacher&.How do movies or television influence people&s behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.Do movies and television affect our behavior? A special concern is whether movies and television make children and society more violent. I believe that movies and television do influence our behavior, both for the better and for the worse.Movies do make people more violent. The more we see violent acts on television, the less sensitive we become to them. Eventually violence doesn&t seem wrong .we may even commit violent acts ourselves. This is especially true because we don&t always realize that violence has consequences. Actors can be killed and come back for another movie. Sometimes we confuse that with reality. We forget that killing someone is permanent.Movies and television also influence our behavior because they make us less active. Looking at films is a passive activity. If we watch too much, we become unhealthy, both mentally and physically. We stop using our own imagination when we see things acted out for us. Mental laziness becom we&d rather watch sports on to than play sports ourselves. we&d rather visit with the characters on &Seinfeld& or &Friends& than go chat with our own neighbors. Imaginary people have exciting lives. Is it any wonder that some people would rather live a fantasy life than their own?Of course, watching movies and television can also be good for us. It can give us a broader window on the world. For example, seeing movies can expose us to people of different races and cultures. We can then overcome some prejudices more easily. Recently there have been more handicapped people in films, and this also helps reduce prejudice.The best influence on our behavior is that movies and television reduce stress. Watching films, we can escape our own problems for a little while. Also, sometime movies show positive ways to resolve problems we all face. While TV and movies shouldn&t be a way to hide from life, sometimes they can help us cope.It is true that movies and television can influence our behavior negatively. However, I also believe that they influence our behaviors in positive ways. How they affect you depends on how much you watch, what you watch, and how you respond to what you watch.& Some people prefer to live in a small town, Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.Growing up in a small town and then moved to a big city, so I have experienced the good and bad sides of both. I never thought that I would like living in a big city, but I was wrong. After ten years of living in one, I can&t imagine ever living in a small town again.Small towns and big cities both have some problems in terms of transportation. In a small town, you have to own a car to ensure a comfortable living .you can&t get around without one because there isn&t any kind of public transportation. Big cities generally have heavy traffic and expensive parking, but there you have a choice of taking public transportation. It&s not free, but it&s often cheaper than driving when you consider gas and time, especially if you don&t have a car, you&re better off in the city.I love the excitement of big cities. Small towns have a slow pace. Large cities mean you have to adapt to a variety of situations, like finding a new route to work or trying a new restaurant. I enjoy that challenge very much. Another part of the excitement of city living is the variety of cultural activities available. There is a wild assortment of theatre music and dance performances available in big cities. These things are rare in small ones.The final thing I think about large cities is the diversity of the people. the United States is made up of people of different races, religions, abilities, and interests. However, you seldom find such a variety of people in a small town. I think that living in an area where everyone was just like me would quickly become boring.Of course, security is a concern, and that one area where small towns are superior to big cities. Still, I would rather be a bit more cautions and live a large city than to feel secure but bored.&when people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success.& Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your position.When people succeed, it is because of hard work, but luck has a lot to do with it,too. Success without some luck is almost impossible. The French emperor Napoleon said of one of his generals, &I know he&s good. But is he lucky?& Napoleon knew that all the hard work and talent in the world can&t make up for bad luck. However, hard work can invite good luck.When it comes to success, luck can mean being in the right place to meet someone, or having the right skills to get a job done. It might mean turning down an offer and then having a better offer come along. Nothing can replace hard work, but working hard also means you&re preparing yourself opportunity. Opportunity very often depends on luck.How many of the great inventions and discoveries came about through a lucky mistake or a lucky chance? One of the biggest lucky mistakes in history is Columbus& so-called discovery of America. He enriched his sponsors and changed history, but he was really looking for India. However, Columbus& chance discovery wasn&t pure luck. It was backed up by years of studying and calculating. He worked hard to prove his theory that the world was round.Success that comes from pure luck and no hard work can be a real problem. For example, consider a teenage girl who becomes a movie star.Imagine she&s been picked from nowhere because of her looks. She is going to feel very insecure, because she knows she didn&t do anything to earn her stardom. On the other hand, think about an actress who&s spend years learning and working at her craft. When she finally has good luck and becomes a success, she will handle stardom better, she knows she earns it.People who work hard help make their own luck by being ready opportunity knocks. When it comes to success. I think that hard work and luck so hand in hand. Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for students or books for the library. Which should your school choose to buy -- computers or books? Use specific reasons and examples to support your recommendation. With the introduction of computers to the modern world, book, the traditional medium, are more and more challenged. Libraries often face the dilemma of whether to invest on computers or on books. With all aspects carefully considered. I think to invest on computers would be a better choice.When equipped with computers, a library may run more efficiently than ever. Students or faculties may get useful information as fast as the computer can. A student may find it easier to type in only a key word and get the desired results, which, if done with books, may well need a long time scanning amon A researcher may feel it more convenient to find an article on those CD series than in a paper book. With the development of computer technology, such as the increase of CPU rate, memory, or embedding of cache on the main-board, the efficiency of data retrieval can only be accelerated, whereas a man&s reading speed is normally limited to some extent.The efficiency of getting information is the readers& major concern. While for the librarians, what they care most is how to store as much as possible information within limited space.A computer has a large storage capacity. When a book with 750,000 Chinese characters is stored as electronic text, it only takes about 1M bytes on the hard disk. When stored on a normal CD with 640M capacity, when these CDs are packed in locks, much precious space will be spared for other uses.Unlike a book, a mortal physical medium, a computer may keep all data on its disk safe and sound. It is very easy for us to copy, backup, or transfer those data to record able CDs or other recording materials.The last but not the least, Internet may provide these computers with more capabilities of future information exchanges.Books, certainly, have their own merits. People have enough reasons to cherish this traditional medium. Books are easy to carry, more affordable and conveniently read without extra consumption of any other type of energy. However, for a modern library, computers, equipped with much more important merits like high efficiency large capacity, durability and Internet accessibility, can be more reasonably treated as a wiser choiceThe government has announced that it plans to build a new university. Some people think that your community would be a good place to locate the university. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community. Use specific details in your discussion. When it comes the issue whether establishing a new university in your community is a good thing or not, different people hold different view. If I were faced the same question, I would probably agree this suggestion. In the following discussion, I would like to reason and provide evidence to support my opinion.The most important reason I cannot neglect is that establishing a new university can bring many career chances to the people in our community. Just think about it, when you built a new university, you must hire a lot of construction workers, such as brick layers, plumbers, carpenters, gardeners and so on. After you built the university, you must hire a lot of university clerks to manage this university, such as secretaries, administration clerks and so on. Also you must hire professors to teach students. One university can solve thousands of people&s careers. It is good not only to our community but also to the society. If you can understand this, you can understand my view better.Another head and chief important reason I have chosen to put here is that a university building in community can bring convenience to inhabitants. We can exercise in the university gym. We can surf the web in the university computer lab. We can study in the university library. Everything is free or only costs you a little money. Also you can hire a university student as a tutor to help your children&s homework. For example, I lived near a university when I was young. I liked to go to the university with my friends at the weekend, because the campus was so large that we could play soccer or basketball in the playground. Don&t you think this example is persuasive?Last but not the least reason is that a new university can bring profit to community. Students are consumers, they spend much money on their life and study. Just think about, you can open a bookstore or a restaurant near the university that can bring you considerable earning. Also you can rent your rooms to students that can increase you income.To sum up, given all the reasons discussed above. We can safely reach the conclusion that establishing a new university in our community is a good thing to us.A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position. When it comes the issue whether building a large factory near the community is good or not, different people hold different view. When I were faced the same question, I would probably disagree to build a large factory near my community. In the following discussion, I would like to reason and provide evidence to support my opinion.The most important reason I cannot neglect is environment pollution. A large factory would bring polluted smoke, polluted water and polluted residue to my community. Nowadays, more and more people drink bottled water not the water flowing from faucets. Why? Because our rivers were polluted with chemical material discharged by factories. We sweep the floor and wipe the table every day, but they become dirty just after a short time. Why? Because the factory emits the black smoke which makes the air full of dust through chimney. Can you bear the same thing happening on your home? If you could understand this, you could understand my view better.Another head and chief important reason I have chosen to put here is noise. As we all know, the product lines of the factory run 24 hours every day. That means you must bear the noise from the factory all day and all night. If you were a person easy to wake up by noise, you couldn&t get a good sleep every night. That must influence your study and work in the following day. And I get knowledge from a magazine, permanent noise is also a killer to human. Noise is harmful to our health that can cause us nerve, worry and depression. Do you want to live in a quite place or a noisy place? The answer is obvious so that you must agree my opinion.Last but not the least reason is traffic problem. Just think about it, a large factory must hire many people to work in it. That means there will be a lot of vehicles parking in your community even occupy your parking lots.Admittedly, building a factory has some advantages, such as solves the problem of employment, brings the tax to the community. But the disadvantages carry more weight than the advantages. So we can safely reach the conclusion that building a factory in the community is not a wise choiceSome people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. When it comes the issue whether human activity can harm the earth or not, different people hold different views. If I were faced with the same question, I would probably say that it could harm the earth, especially to the environment. In the following discussion, I would like to reason and provide evidence to support my opinion.The most important reason I cannot neglect is pollution. As we all know, one of human activities is that human cut trees, then they build houses and factories. These activities pollute the air seriously. Beijing, the capital of China, has undergone several sandstorms these years. Why? Because people cut trees that were planted in the suburb of Beijing in order to cultivate the crops. Nowadays, more and more people drink bottle water not the water flowing from faucets. Why? Because our rivers were polluted with the chemical material discharged by factories. We need use suntan oil to protect our skins when we are out. Why? Because the ozonosphere was destroyed by human activity. If you can understand this, you can understand my view better.Another head and chief important reason I have chosen to put here is that human activity causes greenhouse effect. Don&t you realise that the weather is more and more warm these years? Why? Because people construct a lot of mansions and roads these years. They use glass as wall to built high rises, they use concrete to pave roads. All these construction materials cannot absorb but reflect the sunlight to the air. And most people like to use air conditions in summer, this action also make the air warm. If the weather was continuously warm, it could melt the iceberg and glacier that would bring a terrible disaster to the world. Don&t you think this example is persuasive?Last but not the least reason is that human activity could make animals and plants extinct. There are many animals we can only see from the zoo not from the nature. Why? Because human activity destroy their living places and they cannot find enough food in the forest. The only safe place to them is the zoo. Don&t you think it is awful?&To sum up, given all the reasons discussed above. We can safely reach the conclusion that the earth is being harmed by human activity. The only thing we can do is to protect the nature lands instead of to develop them.Schooling and education It is commonly believed in United States that school is where people go to get an education. Nevertheless, it has been said that today children interrupt their education to go to school. The distinction between schooling and education implied by this remark is important.(Examda)Education is much more open-ended and all-inclusive than schooling. Education knows no bounds. It can take place anywhere, whether in the shower or in the job, whether in a kitchen or on a tractor. It includes both the formal learning that takes place in schools and the whole universe of informal learning. The agents of education can range from a revered grandparent to the people debating politics on the radio, from a child to a distinguished scientist. Whereas schooling has a certain predictability, education quite often produces surprises. A chance conversation with a stranger may lead a person to discover how little is known of other religions. People are engaged in education from infancy on. Education, then, is a very broad, inclusive term. It is a lifelong process, a process that starts long before the start of school, and one that should be an integral part of one&s entire life.(Examda)Schooling, on the other hand, is a specific, formalized process, whose general pattern varies little from one setting to the next. Throughout a country, children arrive at school at approximately the same time, take assigned seats, are taught by an adult, use similar textbooks, do homework, take exams, and so on. The slices of reality that are to be learned, whether they are the alphabet or an understanding of the working of government, have usually been limited by the boundaries of the subject being taught. For example, high school students know that there not likely to find out in their classes the truth about political problems in their communities or what the newest filmmakers are experimenting with. There are definite conditions surrounding the formalized process of schooling.The Beginning of DramaThere are many theories about the beginning of drama in ancient Greece. The on most widely accepted today is based on the assumption that drama evolved from ritual. The argument for this view goes as follows. In the beginning, human beings viewed the natural forces of the world-even the seasonal changes-as unpredictable, and they sought through various means to control these unknown and feared powers. Those measures which appeared to bring the desired results were then retained and repeated until they hardened into fixed rituals. Eventually stories arose which explained or veiled the mysteries of the rites. As time passed some rituals were abandoned, but the stories, later called myths, persisted and provided material for art and drama.Those who believe that drama evolved out of ritual also argue that those rites contained the seed of theater because music, dance, masks, and costumes were almost always used, Furthermore, a suitable site had to be provided for performances and when the entire community did not participate, a clear division was usually made between the acting area and the auditorium. In addition, there were performers, and, since considerable importance was attached to avoiding mistakes in the enactment of rites, religious leaders usually assumed that task. Wearing masks and costumes, they often impersonated other people, animals, or supernatural beings, and mimed the desired effect-success in hunt or battle, the coming rain, the revival of the Sun-as an actor might. Eventually such dramatic representations were separated from religious activities.Another theory traces the theater's origin from the human interest in storytelling. According to this vies tales (about the hunt, war, or other feats) are gradually elaborated, at first through the use of impersonation, action, and dialogue by a narrator and then through the assumption of each of the roles by a different person. A closely related theory traces theater to those dances that are primarily rhythmical and gymnastic or that are imitations of animal movements and sounds.ElectricityThe modern age is an age of electricity. People are so used to electric lights, radio, televisions, and telephones that it is hard to imagine what life would be like without them. When there is a power failure, people grope about in flickering candlelight, cars hesitate in the streets because there are no traffic lights to guide them, and food spoils in silent refrigerators.Yet, people began to understand how electricity works only a little more than two centuries ago. Nature has apparently been experimenting in this field for million of years. Scientists are discovering more and more that the living world may hold many interesting secrets of electricity that could benefit humanity.All living cell send out tiny pulses of electricity. As the heart beats, it sends
they form an electrocardiogram, which a doctor can study to determine how well the heart is working. The brain, too, sends out brain waves of electricity, which can be recorded in an electroencephalogram. The electric currents generated by most living cells are extremely small - often so small that sensitive instruments are needed to record them. But in some animals, certain muscle cells have become so specialized as electrical generators that they do not work as muscle cells at all. When large numbers of these cell are linked together, the effects can be astonishing.The electric eel is an amazing storage battery. It can seed a jolt of as much as eight hundred volts of electricity through the water in which it live. ( An electric house current is only one hundred twenty volts.) As many as four-fifths of all the cells in the electric eel&s body are specialized for generating electricity, and the strength of the shock it can deliver corresponds roughly to length of its body.The Definition of &Price&Prices determine how resources are to be used. They are also the means by which products and services that are in limited supply are rationed among buyers. The price system of the United States is a complex network composed of the prices of all the products bought and sold in the economy as well as those of a myriad of services, including labor, professional, transportation, and public-utility services. The interrelationships of all these prices make up the &system& of prices. The price of any particular product or service is linked to a broad, complicated system of prices in which everything seems to depend more or less upon everything else.If one were to ask a group of randomly selected individuals to define &price&, many would reply that price is an amount of money paid by the buyer to the seller of a product or service or, in other words that price is the money values of a product or service as agreed upon in a market transaction. This definition is, of course, valid as far as it goes. For a complete understanding of a price in any particular transaction, much more than the amount of money involved must be known. Both the buyer and the seller should be familiar with not only the money amount, but with the amount and quality of the product or service to be exchanged, the time and place at which the exchange will take place and payment will be made, the form of money to be used, the credit terms and discounts that apply to the transaction, guarantees on the product or service, delivery terms, return privileges, and other factors. In other words, both buyer and seller should be fully aware of all the factors that comprise the total &package& being exchanged for the asked-for amount of money in order that they may evaluate a given price.Andrew CarnegieAndrew Carnegie, known as the King of Steel, built the steel industry in the United States, and , in the process, became one of the wealthiest men in America. His success resulted in part from his ability to sell the product and in part from his policy of expanding during periods of economic decline, when most of his competitors were reducing their investments.Carnegie believed that individuals should progress through hard work, but he also felt strongly that the wealthy should use their fortunes for the benefit of society. He opposed charity, preferring instead to provide educational opportunities that would allow others to help themselves. &He who dies rich, dies disgraced,& he often said.Among his more noteworthy contributions to society are those that bear his name, including the Carnegie Institute of Pittsburgh, which has a library, a museum of fine arts, and a museum of national history. He also founded a school of technology that is now part of Carnegie-Mellon University. Other philanthrophic gifts are the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace to promote understanding between nations, the Carnegie Institute of Washington to fund scientific research, and Carnegie Hall to provide a center for the arts.Few Americans have been left untouched by Andrew Carnegie's generosity. His contributions of more than five million dollars established 2,500 libraries in small communities throughout the country and formed the nucleus of the public library system that we all enjoy today. People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.People attend colleges or universities for a lot of different reasons. I believe that the three most common reasons are to prepare for a career, to have new experiences, and to increase their knowledge of themselves and the world around them.Career preparation is becoming more and more important to young people. For many, this is the primary reason to go to college, They know that the job market is competitive. At college, they can learn new skill for careers with a lot of opportunities. This means careers, such as information technology, that are expected to need a large workforce in the coming years.Also, students go to colleges and universities to have new experiences. This often means having the opportunity to meet people different from those in their hometowns. For most students, going to college is the first time they&ve been away from home by themselves. In additions, this is the first time they&ve had to make decisions on their own. Making these decisions increases their knowledge of themselves.Besides looking for self-knowledge, people also attend a university or college to expand their knowledge in subjects they find interesting. For many, this will be their last chance for a long time to learn about something that doesn&t relate to their career.I would recommend that people not be so focused on a career. They should go to college to have new experiences and learn about themselves and the world they live in.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.Throughout my life, I have been lucky enough to have a very good relationship with my parents. They have supported me, given me necessary criticism, and taught me a great deal about how to live my life. Parents can be very important t however, they are not always the best teachers.Parents may be too close to their children emotionally. Sometimes they can only see their children though the eyes of a protector. For example, they may limit a child's freedom in the name of safety. A teacher might see a trip to a big city as a valuable new experience. However, it might seem too dangerous to a parent.Another problem is that parents may expect their children's interests to be similar to their own. They can't seem to separate from their children in their mind. If they love science, they may try to force their child to love science too. But what if their child's true love is art, or writing, or car repair?Parents are usually eager to pass on their value to their children. But should children always believe what their parents do? Maybe different generations need different ways of thinking. When children are young, they believe that their parents are always rights. But when they get older, they realize there are other views. Sometimes parents, especially older ones, can't keep up with rapid social or technology changes. A student who has friends of all different races and backgrounds at school may find that her parents don't really understand or value the digital revolution. Sometimes kids have to find their own ways to what they believe in.The most important thing to realize is that we all have many teachers in our lives. Our parents teach us, our teachers teach us, and our peers teach us. Books and newspapers and television also teach us. All of them are valuable.Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.The twentieth century has brought with it many advances. With those advances, human lives have changed dramatically. In some ways life is worse, but mostly it is better. Changes in food preparation methods, for example, have improved our lives greatly.The convenience of preparing food today is amazing. Even stoves have gotten too slow for us. Microwave cooking is much easier. We can press a few buttons and a meal is completely cooked in just a short time. People used to spend hours preparing an oven-cooked meal, and now they can use that time for other, better things. Plus, there are all kinds of portable, prepackaged foods we can buy. Heat them in the office microwave, and lunch at work is quick and easy.Food preparation today allows for more variety. With refrigerators and freezers, we can preserve a lot of different foods in our homes. Since technology makes cooking so much faster, people are willing to make several dishes for even a small meal. Parents are more likely to let children be picky, now that they can easily heat them up some prepackaged macaroni and cheese on the side. Needless to say, adults living in the same house may have very different eating habits as well. If they don&t want to cook a lot of different dishes, it&s common now to eat out at restaurants several times a week.Healthful eating is also easier than ever now. When people cook, they use new fat substitutes and cooking sprays to cut fat and calories. This reduces the risk of heart disease and high cholesterol. Additionally, we can buy fruits and vegetable fresh, frozen or canned. They are easy to prepare, so many of us eat more of those nutritious items daily. A hundred years ago, you couldn&t imagine the process of taking some frozen fruit and ice from the freezer, adding some low-fat yogurt from a plastic cup and some juice from a can in the refrigerator, and whipping up a low-fat smoothie in the blender!Our lifestyle is fast, but people still like good food. What new food preparation technology has given us is more choices. Today, we can prepare food that is more convenient, healthier, and of greater variety than ever before in history.It has been said, &Not every thing that is learned is contained in books.& Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?&Experience is the best teacher& is an old clich&, but I agree with it. The most important, and sometimes the hardest, lessons we learn in life come from our participation in situations. You can& learn everything from a book.Of course, learning from books in a formal educational setting is also valuable. It&s in schools that we learn the information we need to function in our society. We learn how to speak and write and understand mathematical equations. This is all information that we need to live in our communities and earn a living.Nevertheless, I think that the most important lessons can& they have to be experienced. No one can teach us how to get along with others or how to have self-respect. As we grow from children into teenagers, no one can teach us how to deal with peer pressure. As we leave adolescence behind and enter adult life, no one can teach us how to fall in love and get married.This shouldn&t stop us from looking for guidelines along the way. Teachers and parents are valuable sources of advice when we&re young. As we enter into new stages in our lives, the advice we receive from them is very helpful because they have already bad similar experiences. But experiencing our own triumphs and disasters is really the only way to learn how If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.If I could change one thing about my hometown, I think it would be the fact that there's no sense of community here. People don't feel connected, they don't look out for each other, and they don't get to know their neighbors.People come and go a lot here. They change jobs frequently and move on. This means that they don't put down roots in the community. They don't join community organizations and they're not willing to get involved in trying to improve the quality of life. If someone has a petition to put in a new street light, she has a very hard time getting a lot of people to sign. They don't feel it has anything to do with them. They don't get involved in improving the schools because they don't think the quality of education is important to their lives. They don't see the connection between themselves and the rest of their community.People don't try to support others around them. They don't keep a friendly eyes on their children, or check in on older folks if they don't see them for a few days. They're not aware when people around them may be going through a hard time. For example, they may not know if a neighbor loses a loved one. There's not a lot of community support for individuals.Neighbors don't get to know each other. Again, this is because people come and go within a few years. So when neighbors go on vacation, no one is keeping an eye on their house. No one is making sure nothing suspicious is going on there, like lights in the middle of the night. When neighbors' children are cutting across someone's lawn on their bikes, there's no friendly way of casually mentioning the problem. People immediately act as if it's a major property disagreement.My hometown is a nice place to live in many ways, but it would be much nice if we had that sense of community&Category Index&&& 1. People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, and increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 3. Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 4. It has been said, &Not everything that is learned is contained in books.& Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?&&& 5. A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.&&& 6. If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.&&& 7. How do movies or television influence people's behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.&&& 8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 9. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 10. &When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.& Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.&&& 11. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 12. Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 13. Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 14. Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.&&& 15. Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer. 16. It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.17. Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay.18. What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important.19. Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.20. It is batter for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay.21. In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.22. We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these characteristics are important.23. In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.24. A person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.25. It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. 26. It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.27. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.28. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion.29. Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.30. It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your community. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details in your answer. 31. Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.32. Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.33. You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert you want to attend. Which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.34. Businesses should hire employees for their entire lives. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.35. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.36. Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people's lives. O automobiles O bicycles O airplanes Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 37. Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 38. Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.39. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.40. The expression &Never, never give up& means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 来源:www.examda.com41. Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or disagree with this point of view? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.42. What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.43. Why do you think some people are attracted to dangerous sports or other dangerous activities? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.44. Some people like to travel with a companion. Other people prefer to travel alone. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.45. Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and start the day's work. Others prefer to get up later in the day and work until late at night. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice. 46. What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 47. Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.&&& 48. People work because they need money to live. What are some other reasons that people work? Discuss one or more of these reasons. Use specific examples and details to support your answer. &&& 49. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, email, or telephone calls. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 50. Some people like to do only what they already do well. Other people prefer to try new things and take risks. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.&n,&& 51. Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 52. What change would make your hometown more appealing to people your age? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 53. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 54. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 55. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 56. A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. &&& 57. Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designed primarily to amuse and entertain. Which type of movie do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 58. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.&&& 59. Some people are always in a hurry to go places and get things done. Other people prefer to take their time and live life at a slower pace. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 60. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Games are as important for adults as they are for children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 61. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents or other adult relatives should make important decisions for their older (15 to 18 year-old) teenage children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 62. What do you want most in a friend & someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.&&& 63. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future. Use reasons and specific examples to support our answer.&&& 64. Some people prefer to work for themselves or own a business. Others prefer to work for an employer. Would you rather be self-employed, work for someone else, or own a business? Use specific reasons to explain your choice.&&& 65. Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern buildings? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 66. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Classmates are a more important influence than parents on a child's success in school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. &&& 67. If you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire: an inexperienced worker at a lower salary or an experienced worker at a higher salary? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 68. Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 69. If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.&&& 70. Some people think that the automobile has improved modern life. Others think that the automobile has caused serious problems. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 71. Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.&&& 72. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Grades (marks) encourage students to learn. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 73. Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 74. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 75. Some universities require students to take classes in many subjects. Other universities require students to specialize in one subject. Which is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 76. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.&&& 77. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should attend separate schools. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 78. Is it more important to be able to work with a group of people on a team or to work independently? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.&&& 79. Your city has decided to build a statue or monument to honor a famous person in your country. Who would you choose? Use reasons and specific examples to support your choice.&&& 80. Describe a custom from your country that you would like people from other countries to adopt. Explain your choice, using specific reasons and examples.&&& 81. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made the world a better place to live. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 82. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Advertising can tell you a lot about a country. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 83. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 84. Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 85. A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country. Where should this visitor go on that day? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.&&& 86. If you could go back to some time and place in the past, when and where would you go? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.&&& 87. What discovery in the last 100 years has been most beneficial for people in your country? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.&&& 88. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones and email have made communication between people less personal. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 89. If you could travel back in time to meet a famous person from history, what person would you like to meet? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.&&& 90. If you could meet a famous entertainer or athlete, who would that be, and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.&&& 91. If you could ask a famous person one question, what would you ask? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 92. Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice. 93. Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why these qualities are important.&&& 94. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 95. Some people think governments should spend as much money as possible exploring outer space (for example, traveling to the Moon and to other planets). Other people disagree and think governments should spend this money for our basic needs on Earth. Which of these two opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 96. People have different ways of escaping the stress and difficulties of modern life. S others work in their gardens. What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress? Use specific details and examples in your answer.&&& 97. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.&&& 98. If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would you choose? Why? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice. 来源:www.examda.com&&& 99. You have been told that dormitory rooms at your university must be shared by two students. Would you rather have the university assign a student to share a room with you, or would you rather choose your own roommate? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.&&& 100. Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of these opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.&&& 101. Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 102. Schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.&&& 103. In your opinion, what is the most important characteristic (for example, honesty, intelligence, and a sense of humor) that a person can have to be successful in life? Use specific reasons and examples from your experience to explain your answer. When you write your answer, you are not limited to the examples listed in the question.&&& 104. It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. Compare the contributions of artists to society with the contributions of scientists to society. Which type of contribution do you think is valued more by your society? Give specific reasons to support your answer. &&& 105. Students at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of living in an apartment in the community. Where would you prefer to live? Give reasons for your preference.&&& 106. You need to travel from your home to a place 40 miles (64 kilometers) away. Compare the different kinds of transportation you could use. Tell which method of travel you would choose. Give specific reasons for your choice.&&& 107. Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. 108. Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different ways of learning about life. Which do you think is preferable? Use specific examples to support your preference. 来源:www.examda.com&&& 109. When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the customs of the new country. Others prefer to keep their own customs. Compare these two choices. Which one do you prefer? Support your answer with specific details.&&& 110. Some people prefer to spend most of their time alone. Others like to be with friends most of the time. Do you prefer to spend your time alone or with friends? Use specific reasons to support your answer.&&& 111. Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close

我要回帖

更多关于 you are convenient 的文章

随机推荐