续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
阅读已结束,下载本文需要
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,同时保存到云知识,更方便管理
加入VIP
还剩17页未读,
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢完型填空 There are three people in my family, my parents and I.My name is Liu Ming.I'm a middle school 1 .I am thirteen years old.I'm 2 China, so I can speak 3 .I can speak a little English, too.My 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
  There are three people in my family, my parents and I.My name is Liu Ming.I'm a middle school   1  .I am thirteen years old.I'm   2   China, so I can speak   3  .I can speak a little English, too.My father is a teacher in a   4  .He can speak Chinese, English   5   Japanese.He teaches Japanese.He likes   6  .He can swim and play table tennis.My   7   is a secretary.  8  works in a factory.She   9   only speak Chinese.She likes music and she can sing and play the   10  .
university
basketball
答案:1.C;2.A;3.A;4.C;5.A;6.B;7.B;8.A;9.B;10.D;
练习册系列答案
科目:初中英语
来源:牛津初二英语期末复习八年级下册天天练3 牛津版
  Food is very important.Everyone needs to   1   well if he or she wants to have a strong body.Our minds also need a kind of food.This kind of food is   2  .We begin to get knowledge even when we are very young.Small children are   3   in everything around them.They learn   4   while they are watching and listening.When they are getting older, they begin to   5   story books,, science books…, anything they like.When they find something new, they love to ask questions and   6   to find out the answers.
  What is the best   7 to get knowledge?If we learn   8   ourselves, we will get the most knowledge.If we are   9   getting answers from others and do not ask why, we will never learn well.When we study in the right way, we will learn more and understand   10  .
interested
interesting
everything
  This is my bedroom.I can see  1 picture on
the wall.The light is  2 the desk.The football is  3 the chair. 4 is the bed?it’s
near the table.
  My father and  5 bedroom is near my bedroom. 6 flowers and a bed
 7 in their room.Some
windows are  8 the wall.A yellow door is
in the wall,  9 .
  I like my bedroom and they like  10 .
A.a   B.one   C.I   D.some
A.under   B.on   C.in   D.behind
A.on   B.under   C.to   D.for
A.Who   B.What   C.Which   D.Where
A.sister   B.mother   C.mother’s   D.sister's
A.The   B.the   C.Some   D.some
A.is   B.are   C.isn’t   D.am
A.on   B.behind   C.here   D.too
A.also   B.there   C.here   D.too
A.their   B.their’   C.them   D.their room
(完型填空)
A: (1) I help you ?
B: Yes, please. I (2)
a sweater.
A: A sweater? What (3)
do you want?
A: Have a look (4)
this one please.
B.Oh, it’s very nice, (5)
it is too short (6)
me. Can you give me a (7)
A:Ok,How (8)
this red one?
B:En…,it’s great! I (9)
it. How (10)
A:25 dollars (11)
B.I think it is a little (12)
,What about 20 dollars?
. B: That’s fine, I’ll (13)
A: Here you are.Is that (14)
B. Yes, here’s the (15)
A: Thanks(1)
A. Need     B. Want     C. Can     D. What
A. want     B. have     C. find     D. like
A. kind     B. colour     C. size(型号)   D.price
A on.      B. in      C. at       D. for
A. and     B.or      C. so       D.but
A. for     B. over     C. after      D.in
A. long     B. short     C. big      D.small
A.many     B. much     C. about     D.long
A.take     B.like     C. need     D.find
A. many     B. much     C. about     D.
A.all     B.one       C. each     D.every
A.cheap   B. expensive   C. long     D.short
A.like     B.take       C. want     D.bring
A.one     B. Ok       C.all       D.a sweater
A.money    B.sweater     C.bag     D.one
来源:2008年山东省枣庄市初中毕业升学统一考试、英语试卷
  When I was growing up, I had an old neighbor, Dr.Gibbs.He didn’t look like any   1   I   2  .He never invited us to play in his yard, but he was a very   3   person.
  When Dr.Gibbs wasn’t saving lives, he was planting trees.He owned a large field and wanted to make it a forest.
  The good doctor had some interesting ideas about planting trees.He never watered his new trees.Once I asked why.He said that watering plants spoiled them, and that if you   4   them, each baby tree would grow weaker and weaker, so you had to make things difficult for them and   5   the weaker trees early.
  He talked about how watered trees grew shallow(浅的)roots, and how trees that weren’t watered had to grow deep roots in search of water   6   the earth by themselves.  7   roots were very important.
  So he never watered his trees.He'd planted an oak and,   8   watering it every morning, he'd beat it with a rolled-up newspaper.I asked him why he did that, and he said it was to get the tree's attention.
  Dr.Gibbs died several years   9   I left home.Every now and then, I walked by his house and looked at the trees   10   I watched him   11   about twenty-five years ago.They’re very big and strong now.I planted some trees a few years later and carried water to them for a whole summer.After two years of   12   too much, whenever a cold wind blows in, they   13   a lot.
  Every night before I go to bed, I check on my two sons.Mostly I pray(祈祷)that their lives will be easy.But lately I've been thinking that it's time to change my prayer.I know my children are going to face difficulties.There's always a cold wind   14   somewhere, so   15   we need to do is to pray for roots that reach deep into the brave heart, so when the rains fall and the winds blow, we can face it strongly and won't be beaten down.
have known
because of
rather than
instead of
continuing
来源:同步题
题型:完形填空
完型填空。
&&&& I found out one time that doing a favour for someone could get you into a lot of trouble. I was in the eighth grade at the time,&&&&1&&&we were having a final test.&&&&2&&&the test, the girl sitting next to me&&&&3&&&something, but I didn't&&&&4& . &&&& So I leaned over her way and found out that she was trying to ask me if I had an extra&&&&5&&. She showed me that hers was out of ink and would not write. I&&&&6&&&to have an extra one, so I took it out ofmy pocket and put it on her desk.   &&&& Later, after the test papers had been&&&&7&&, the teacher asked me to stay in the room when all the otherstudents were&&&&8&&. As soon as we were alone, she began to talk to me about what it meant to&&&&9&&&&she mentioned how important it was to&&&10&&&on your own two feet and be responsible (有责任感的) for your own acts. For a long time, she talked about&&&11&&and emphasized (强调) the fact that when people do something dishonest (不诚实), they are really&&&12&&themselves. She made me promise that I would thinkseriously about all the things she had said, and then she told me I&&&13&&leave. I walked out of the room&& 14&&why she had chosen to talk to me about all those things.   &&&& Later on, I found out that she thought I had&&&15&&&on the test. When she saw me lean over to talk to the girl next to me, it looked as though I was&&&16&&something from the girl's test paper. I tried to explain aboutthe pen, but all she could say was it seemed really&&&17&&to her that I hadn't mentioned anything about the pen the day she talked to me right after the test.&&&18&&I tried to explain that I was just doing the girl a&&&19&&by letting her use my pen, I am sure she&&&20&&to believe that I had cheated (作弊) on the test.
(&&&& )1. A. when     &&&   (&&&& )2. A. During   &   (&&&& )3. A. showed       (&&&& )4. A. listen       (&& & )5. A. pen        (&&&& )6. A. asked       (&&&& )7. A. marked       (&&&& )8. A. left       (&&&& )9. A. stand       (&&&& )10. A. depend      (&&&& )11. A. tests      (&&&& )12. A. enjoying     (&&&& )13. A. should      (&&&& )14. A. wondering    (&&&& )15. A. lied       (&&&& )16. A. copying     (&&&& )17. A. strange     (&&&& )18. A. Because  &   (&&&& )19. A. trouble   (&&&& )20. A. insisted   &&
B. while    & B. After     B. asked     &B. understand & B. pencil     B. happened    B. finished    &B. disappeared  B. grow      B. defend     &B. students   &&&&&& B. cheating   B. could      B. realizing  & B. helped     B. borrowing &  B. dishonest   B. If       &B. good      B. tried     
C. then      C. Before     C. whispered    C. answer   && C. paper     C. regretted    C. given out    C. stopped    C. bring     C. stand      C. friendship   &&& C. teaching    C. would    & C. laughing    C. stolen     C. asking     C. sorry      C. Until      C. harm      C. continued   
D. and&&&&&&&&& D. For&&&&&&&&& D. lost&&&&&&&& D. find&&&&&&&& D. ink bottle&& D. wished&&&&&& D. turned in&&& D. dismissed&&& D. rise&&&&&&&& D. walk&&&&&&&& D. honesty&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. helping&&&&& D. must&&&&&&&& D. believing&&& D. cheated&&&&& D. searching&&& D. wrong&&&&&&& D. Although&&&& D. favour&&&&&& D. refused&&&&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号阅读理解 Three men traveling on a train began a conversation about the world's greatest wonders. “In my opinion, the first man said, “the Egyptian pyramids are the world's greatest wonder.Although th 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
  Three men traveling on a train began a conversation about the world's greatest wonders.
  “In my opinion,” the first man said, “the Egyptian pyramids are the world's greatest wonder.Although they were built thousands of years ago, they are still standing.And remember:the people who built them had only simple tools.They did not have the kind of machinery that builders and engineers have today.”
  “I agree that the pyramids in Egypt are wonderful,” the second man said, “but I do not think they are the greatest wonder.I believe computers are more wonderful than the pyramids.They have taken people to the moon and brought them back safely.In seconds, they carry out mathematical calculations that would take a person a hundred years to do.”
  He turned to the third man and asked, “What do you think is the greatest wonder in the world?”
  The third man thought for a long time, and then he said, “Well, I agree that the pyramids are wonderful, and I agree that computers are wonderful, too.However, in my opinion, the most wonderful thing in the world is this thermos.”
  And he took a thermos out of his bag and held it up.
  The other two men were very surprised.“A thermos?”they exclaimed.“But that's a simple thing.”
  “Oh, no, it's not, ”the third man said.“In the winter you put in a hot drink and it stays hot.In the summer you put in a cold drink and it stays cold.How does the thermos know whether it's winter or summer?”
The underlined word “thermos” means in Chinese “ ________ ”.
The three men could not agree on what the world's greatest wonder was because ________.
they could not think of anything very wonderful
they all had different ideas
they could not prove that their opinions were right
the journey ended too soon
The first man thought the pyramids were the most wonderful things in the world because ________.
they were very beautiful
they were Egyptian
they had been built with very simple tools
they could do mathematical calculations
The third man thought a thermos was the most wonderful thing in the world because ________.
it lasted longer than the pyramids
it cost less than a computer
he thought it knew whether it was winter or summer
the other two men were surprised when he told them about it
The third man was not very clever because ________.
he could not think of anything to say
he did not understand how a thermos works
he did not think the pyramids were wonderful
he did not know anything about computers
答案:1.D;2.B;3.C;4.C;5.B;解析:(1)
最后一段:“冬天往里装热饮料,它能保温;夏天往里装冷饮料,它能保冷.”由此可猜测出thermos意为“保温瓶”.本题选D正确.
通读全文可知,对于“世界上最大的奇迹是什么”这一问题各有各自的观点,故本题选B正确.
第二段后两句即本题答案出处.本题选C正确.
本题选C正确,由短文最后一段可得出此答案.
  从最后一段可知,第三个人对于保温瓶保温的原理不懂.故本题选B正确.
  三个人在谈论世界上伟大的奇观.其中的一个人认为修建于几千年前的金字塔是最让人叹服的世界奇迹.其理由是:当时只有简单的原始工具,并没有我们现代化的设备和技艺精湛的工程师.第二个人则认为电子计算机金字塔更为奇妙.因为在它们的控制下人类已经登上月球并安全返回,并且计算机的运算速度实在惊人.第三个人的观点非常独特,他认为暖水瓶是最让人不可思议的发明.其他两个对他的话感到十分诧异.问其原因时,那人却说:冬天,把热水倒进去,它就能保温;夏天把冷饮倒进去时,它就能保持冰凉.它怎么知道是夏天还是冬天?”
练习册系列答案
来源:三点一测丛书八年级英语(下)
Garden Restaurant
Telephone:2706030
Address:9020 Snow White Road
Open:Mon. to Fri. 7:00 am~2:30 pm  and 5:00 pm~9:00 pm
Sat.       7:00 am~11:00 am  and 5:00 pm~9:00 pm
Sun.      11:00 am~2:00 pm   and 5:00 pm~9:00 pm
New York Museum
Telephone:7364431
Address:Vanier Park, 1100 Chestnut St. New York America's largest museum specializing in American history
Open:Mon. to Fri. 9:00 am~5:00 pm (Monday free)
Sat.       9:00 am~1:00 pm
Lansdowne Park Shopping Center
Telephone:3562364
Address:5300 No. 3 Road
Open:Mon. Tue. & Fri. 9:30 am~5:30 pm
Wed. Thr. & Sat. 9:30 am~9:30 pm
Sun.     11:00 am~5:00 pm
Skyline Hotel
Telephone:2785161
Address:3030 No. 3 Road (at Sea Island W ay)
The Hangar Den  Wed. to Sun. Dinner from 5:30 pm
Coffee Shop    Mon.~Fri. 6:00 am, Sat. 6:30 am, Sun. 7:00 am
         Mon.~Wed. to 10:00 pm, Thr.~Sun. to 11:00 pm
1.If you want to buy a new jacket, you have to go to ________.
A.3031 No, 3 Road
B.5300 No. 3 Road
C.9020 Snow White Road
D.1100 Chestnut Street
2.If you want to go out for lunch on Sunday, you can call up the number ________.
A.2706030B.2785161
C.7364431D.3562364
3.You don't have to pay on Mondays if you go to ________.
A.Skyline Hotel
B.Lansdowne Park Shopping Center
C.New York Museum
D.Garden Restaurant
4.If you want to enjoy yourself on Sunday morning you can go to ________.
A.Lansdowne Park shopping Center
B.New York Museum
C.The Hangar Den
D.Coffee Shop
5.Visiting New York Museum you can know ________.
A.the history of America's native people
B.the history of New York
C.the history of America
D.the art of New York
来源:江苏省无锡市南长区2012届九年级一模考试英语试题
阅读理解,阅读下面的短文,然后根据短文内容在A、B、C、D四个选项中选择最佳答案。
  My summer hols wr CWOT.B4, we usd 2 go 2 NY 2C my bro, his GF & thr 3 :-@ kids FTF.ILNY; its gr8.
  Can you understand this sentence? If you can't, don't feel too bad.The middle school teacher in England who received this as homework couldn't either.This is Netspeak:the language of computerized(电脑化的)communication found on Internet or mobile phones.To newcomers, it can look like a completely foreign language.So, what is the "translation" of the sentence above? My summer holidays were a complete waste of time.Before, we used to go to New York to see my brother, his girlfriend, and their three screaming kids face to face.I love New Y it's great.
  Schoolteachers and parents say this new form of writing is harming the English language.Increasing spelling and grammatical mistakes can be seen in students' writing.They fear the language could become corrupted(面目全非的).
  Everyone should just relax, say linguists(语言学家).They believe Netspeak is in fact more of a good thing.David Crystal, from the University of Wales, argues that Netspeak and Internet create a new language use and the almost lost art of diary writing has been picked up again.Geoffrey Nunberg, from Stanford University, agrees."People get better at writing by writing, " he says, “Kids who are now doing text messaging and e-mail will write at least as well as, and possibly better than, their parents."
  Linguist James Milroy says, for centuries, it is believed without exception(例外)that young people are harming the language.And you can bet your bottom dollar that when today's teenagers become tomorrow's parents, they too will think this way.Milroy argues that languages do not and cannot become “corrupted”, and that they simply change to meet the new needs.
  However, Netspeakers do agree that it is important to teach young people how to speak and write Standard English.Cynthia Mcvey says, "I can understand Netspeak worries teachers and it's important that they get across to(沟通)their pupils that text messaging is for fun, but that learning to write proper English is a must for their future.”
  Perhaps we should give teenagers a little more trust anyway.Erin, age 12, says, "I wouldn't use text language in my homework.Texting is just for fun."
What is the main purpose of the first paragraph?
To give an example of a foreign language.
To express worries about using Netspeak.
To show an example of creative methods(方法).
To lead in the topic of Netspeak.
Which of the following is TRUE according to(按照)the passage?
Cynthia Mcvey points out teenagers can deal with Netspeak properly.
Geoffrey Nunberg believes Netspeakers can write Standard English.
David Crystal thinks Netspeak helps develop the habit of writing.
James Milroy says that every language is changing and improving.
The expression " bet your bottom dollar " in Paragraph 5 means “ ________ ”.
be surprised
think it a pity
find it interesting
What can be the best title for the passage?
Netspeak:A Widely-used Language on Internet
Is Netspeak Harming the English Language?
Is Netspeak Helpful in Language Learning?
Netspeak:Advantages and Disadvantages
来源:北京中考真题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解。&&&& My summer hols wr CWOT. B4, we used 2 go 2 NY 2C my bro, his CF & thr 3:-@ kids FTF ILNY,its gr8.   &&&& Can you understand this sentence? If you can't, don't feel too bad: neither could the middle school teacher in England who received this as homework. This is Netspeak: the language of computerized communication found on Internet or cellphones. To newcomers, it can look like a completely foreign language.So, what is the "translation" of the sentence above? My summer holidays were a complete waste of time. Before, weused to go to New York to see my brother, his girlfriend, and their three screaming kids face to face. I love New Y it's great.   &&&& Schoolteachers and parents say this new form of writing is harming (破坏)the English language. Increasing spelling and grammatical mistakes can be seen in students' writing. They fear the language couldbecome corrupted (面目全非的).   &&&& Everyone should just relax, say linguists (语言学家). They believe Netspeak is in fact more of a good thing. David Crystal, from the University of Wales, argues that Netspeak and Internet create a new language use and the almost lost art of diary writing has been picked up again. Geoffrey Nunberg, from Stanford University, agrees."People get better at writing by writing," he says, "Kids who are now doing text messaging,e-mail, and instant messages will write at least as well as, and possibly better than, their parents."   &&&& Linguist James Millroy says, for centuries, it is believed without exception that young people are harmingthe language. And you can bet your bottom dollar that when today's teenagers become tomorrow's parents,they too will think this way. Milroy argues that languages do not and cannot become"corrupted"; they simply change to meet the new needs.   &&&& However, Netspeakers do agree that it is important to teach young people how to speak and write StandardEnglish. Cynthia McVey says, "I can understand Netspeak worries teachers and it's important that they get across to their pupils that text messaging is for fun, but that learning to write proper English is a must for theirfuture."   &&&& Perhaps we should give teenagers a little more trust anyway. Erin, age 12, says, "I wouldn't use textlanguage in my homework. Texting is just for fun" 1. What is the main purpose of the first paragraph?   A. To give an example of a foreign language.   B. To show an example of creative methods.   C. To express worries about using Netspeak.   D. To lead in the topic of Netspeak. 2. Which of the following is true according to the passage?   A. Cynthia McVey points out teenagers can deal with Netspeak properly.   B. Geoffrey Nunberg believes Netspeakers can write Standard English.   C. David Crystal thinks Netspeak helps develop the habit of writing.   D. James Milroy says that language is changing and improving. 3. The expression "bet your bottom dollar" in Paragraph 5 means ______.   A. be fairly sureB. be greatly surprised   C. think it a pityD. find it interesting 4. What can be the best title for the passage?   A. Netspeak: A Widely-Used Language on Internet   B. Is Netspeak Harming the English Language?   C. Is Netspeak Helpful in Language Learning?   D. Netspeak: Advantages and Disadvantages
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 three men and a baby 的文章

随机推荐