大一英语the death videoof the familyowned video sto

求一篇英语开头是The battle was followed by a terrible sto_百度知道
求一篇英语开头是The battle was followed by a terrible sto
求一篇英语开头是The battle was followed by a terrible storm.
我有更好的答案
The battle was followed by a terrible storm. Therefore, it wasn’t until October 26 that Vice. Admiral(海军中将)Collingwood was
to send off his report to Britain
the victory and Nelson’s death.
the task one of the smallest ships in his fleet. Pickle,
by Captain Lapenotiere. In spite of
winds and rough seas. Pickle made the
of more than 1, 000 miles in just over eight days,
Falmouth on the morning of November 4.
From there. Captain Lapenotiere
a fast post chaise(轻便马车)to London, traveling
for 37 hours. He reached the Admiralty in Whitehall at 1 a. m. on Wednesday...
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
sto的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁2015高考广东卷英语语法填空及答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2015高考广东卷英语语法填空及答案
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
你可能喜欢知识点梳理
整理教师:&&
举一反三(巩固练习,成绩显著提升,去)
根据问他()知识点分析,
试题“At the beginning of the world,...”,相似的试题还有:
阅读理解。K.L. Rothey, 71, from the United States, a retired lawyer ?&&& & Rothey has given himself the Chinese name of Luqi or "roadside beggar (乞丐)". In his eyes, beggarsare doing important work collecting rubbish. What they do is not dirty. Littering the street is, he adds.?&&&&& Rothey first visited China in 1984 and soon he became interested in Chinese culture. Married to a Chinesecalligrapher (书法家), he lived in Huangshi, Hubei Province.?&&&&& Many people know him because he often shows up in the street collecting rubbish."Huangshi is my homeso I hope it becomes cleaner and more beautiful," says Rothey. He has also organized volunteers to collectrubbish in other cities, including Wuhan.?&&&&& Rothey says he'll continue collecting rubbish, as long as he is able to.?&&&&&&&Jill Robinson, 50, from Britain, founder (创立者) and CEO of Animals Asia Foundation. She has beenworking for nearly 20 years to stop people from getting the bile (胆汁) from moon bears for use in traditionalmedicine.?&&&& She began working for the International Fund for Animal Welfare in Hong Kong in the mid-1980s. Abusiness trip to a bear farm in the mainland in 1993 changed her life. She saw so many moon bears killed bypeople. That made her cry. She said she would be back to set them free.?&&&&&&In 1998, she set up the Animal Foundation. In July 2000, the foundation agreed to free 500 farmed moonbears. In 2002, the Moon Bear Rescue(救援) Center was set up in Chengdu, capital of Sichuan.?&&&&& Now, bear farms have been sto pped in the area of two-thirds of China. "As much as we rescue them,they rescue us. These bears rescue us every single day and they teach us to be better people," Robinson says.?NameK.L.RotheyJill RobinsonNationality1______BritishAge7150EventsHe first visited China in 1984 andbecame interestedin Chinese culture.He often 2______ in the streets inHuangshi. He has also organizedvolunteers to collect rubbish in othercities.&&&& She began working for theInternational Fund for Animal Welfarein the mid-1980s. 3______ in themainland changed her life in 1993.?She set up the Animal Foundation in1998. In 2002, the Moon Bear RescueCenter was set up in Chengdu, capitalof Sichuan.&&&& The two passages are about two foreigners who have helped improve Chinese lives with theircontributions (贡献). We should 4______ them and do what we can to protect the environment.
阅读下列短文,根据短文中的信息完成文后表格。(每空一词)Minoru Yamasaki was a well-known American architect (建筑师). He was born in 1912 in Seattle, Washington. Minoru
went to college to study architecture. Every summer he worked in a fish factory
to help pay for college. He slept in a room with 100 other men.Yamasaki sometimes dreamed about his work. Once he
woke up at three o’clock in the morning. He remembered a building that was in
his dream. He got up and started to draw.
Yamasaki was different from other architects. His
buildings give people a feeling of peace and happiness. Many of his designs
have pools of water, flowers, and windows on the roof to let in light. He
wanted to give them a place away from the busy ways of modern life.Yamasaki worked for several companies. But his success
began when he started his own company. In 1956, he won the Architect’s First
Honor Award for his design of an airport in St. Louis, Missouri. He won two
more awards over the next five years. In 1962, he designed the World Trade Center
in New York. In 1993, a bomb exploded (炸弹爆炸) in it.
But the buildings did not fall down because they had a good design.Yamasaki had strong opinions about his buildings. They
had to be built his way. He refused to change the design of his buildings, even
if he lost a job.Minoru Yamasaki died on Jun,2 1986. He designed more
than 300 buildings. People will enjoy the design and beauty of his buildings
for a very long time.The title
A()1.() American architectBe born
In()2.() in
Seattle, WashingtonIn college Studied
architecture
in college
in a fish factory to()3.() for college()4.() a room with 100 other menHis design of buildings
people feel()5. and happy
Had()6.() opinions about his buildings
World Trade Center didn’t fall down after a bomb explosionSuccessful
Was not the()7.() as other architects
begin his successful career()8.() he started
his own company
Won()9.() Awards for his famous design before 1962 and designed over 300
buildings in his lifeDate of()10.()
Dear World,
My son starts school today. It’s going to
be strange and new to him for some time. And I wish you would treat him gently.
You see, up to now, he has been king of
his own room. He has been boss of the backyard. I have always been around to
treat his wounds (伤), and to comfort his feelings.
But now things are going to be different.
This morning, he’s going to walk down the front steps, wave his hand and start
on his great adventure (探险).
So, World, I wish you would take him by
the little hand and teach him the things he will have to know. Teach him there
are heroes, leaders and friends in this world. Give him quiet time to think
over the mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun, and flowers on the green
Teach him to believe in his own ideas,
even if everyone else tells him they are wrong.
Teach him to stand and fight if he thinks
he is right.
Teach him never to put a price on his
heart and soul.
Teach him gently, World, but don’t coddle
(溺爱) him, because only the test of fire makes
fine steel (钢). This is a big order, World, and see what
you can do. He’s such a little fellow.1.From the 2nd
paragraph we know that the writer’s son ______.A. is often ill
rules the whole familyC. has been working at home
has been taken good care of2.The writer wishes her son ______.A. to treat others gentlyB. not to feel strange at schoolC. to develop some good habitsD. to be better
than other children at school3.What does the writer wish her son to do when someone
says her son is wrong?A. He should listen to others and change his ideas.B. He should not give up his idea easily.C. He should ask the people around for advice.D. He should ask her what to do.4.From the passage, we know the writer ______.A. is not worried about her son at allB. doesn’t want her son to go to schoolC. writes this passageto
other parentsD. is excited about her son’s going to school5. Which is the best title of this passage?A. A great moment is coming!
How to teach my sonC. A mother’s letter to the world
Don’t be rude to my son!高一英语下册期末完形填空复习检测试题(附答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
高一英语下册期末完形填空复习检测试题(附答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
高一英语下册期末完形填空复习检测试题(附答案)
文 章来源 莲山 课 件 w w w.5Y k J. c oM 广东省10-11学年高一下学期期末复习检测(完形填空)第一节& 完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)阅读下面的短文,掌握其大意,然后从21~30各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出能填入相应空白处的最佳选项。When a baby sees a ball, the baby may reach out for it. If the baby is very young, and you&&& 21&& the ball behind a pillow (枕头), then the ball&&& 22&& exists for the child. As the child grows older, the child will move the pillow to get the ball. Even though the child cannot see the ball, the ball still exists. This is an early example of “learning to see the&& 23& ”.Just about all of us have&&& 24&& , so we all think we can see. But, in&& 25&&& we are all blind to probably 99% of the world. Because&& 26&&& people realize this, few people make the attempt to learn more in order to see more. Just like a child, what we don’t see doesn’t exist. && 27 , because most of us are blind to 99% of the world, we rely on others to give us the answers. We willingly allow doctors, lawyers, priests, and politicians to tell us what to do or think, but they take no responsibility when the results go wrong. Commercial(商业的)television, radio, newspapers, and magazines are largely corporate (法人的) owned, profit driven, and focus more on distraction(娱乐)and misinformation than on education. Yet, we continue reading, watching and listening to commercial media under the illusion(错觉)that we are learning. Corporate media is education with blinders. They only show you the&&& 28&& picture, and, in this way, they control public opinion.&& 29&& needs to turn to noncommercial television, radio, and Internet world news to get the big picture. Everyone needs to know more in order to&&& 30&&& the political spin and lies.21. A. put&&& &B. play &&&C. find &&&&D. take 22. A. still&&& &B. no more&&C. no longer &&D. even 23. A. visible(可视的)&B. invisible &&C. ball&&&&D. child24. A. ears&&&&B. noses&&&C. balls&&&&D. eyes25. A. return&&&&B. reality&&C. short&&&&D. case26. A. many&&&&B. few&&&C. some&&&&D. a lot of27. A. Unfortunately&&B. Actually&&C. Fortunately&&D. Strangely 28. A. big&&&&B. little&&&C. clear&&&&D. new29. A. Everyone&&&B. Someone&&C. Anyone&&&D. No one30. A. see to&&&&B. look out &&C. see through&&D. look for
第一节&完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)本文讲述学习是为了看到未知的。人类虽有眼睛,但对世界上99%的事物熟视无睹。几乎很少人认识到这一点。人们都有依赖心理,我们依靠别人给我们答案。商业媒体大都是利益驱使,更多聚焦在娱乐或误传,很少关注教育。Corporate (法人的) media is education with blinders.。人人都需要非商业的媒体以获得the big picture。21. A.& 根据文章,把球“放”到枕头下,婴孩就认为没有球了。22. C.& 因no longer意思是“不再”。其他选项逻辑不符。23. B.& 上下文告诉我们,教育就是学习“未知的,看不见的”Education is learning to see the invisible.24. D. 眼睛才能“see”。25. B. 因in reality意思是“实际上,事实上”。in return是“作为回报”,in short是“简言之”,in case是“以防万一”。根据上下文,选B。26. B. 根据后句的排比,逻辑上应该选B。27. A.& most of us are blind to 99% of the world是一件不幸的事。28. B. 根据Corporate (法人的) media is education with blinders. They only …和and Internet world news to get the big picture.的对应关系,应该选little。29. A. 下一句的排比可以帮助我们作出判断。30. C. 因see through是“看清,了解”,因为作者建议我们turn to noncommercial media for more第二节& 完型填空 (共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)&阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从31~40各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Life on Land probably began about 430 millions years ago, though it has existed in the water for perhaps as much as 3,000 million years. When we think of the first thing on land, we probably think of strange&& 31& coming out of the oceans, but in fact no animals could have been&& 32&& if plants had not been on land first. Plants had to be on land before animals arrived. They& 33&&& the first land animals with the surrounding and food necessity, since then, the plants are the only form of life that is able to get and store&& 34& .The first plants to exist out of water were probably&& 35&& kinds of algae ( 海藻 ) which were& 36&&& by other plants that grow& 37&& to the ground and needed water in which to reproduce. Once the move to land had been made, however, evolution (进化) took place quickly. By the end of 100 million years, plants had developed their& 38&& , and some had got tree-like forms since& 39&& was very important in gaining sunlight. About 30 million years ago, much of the world was covered with forests of huge trees. In most ways they were like&& 40&& modern trees. They had roots, leaves, wood, but mostly they had not developed seeds.31. A. tree&&&&B. plants&&&&C. seeds&&&&D. animals32. A. living &&&&B. making&&&C. dying&&&&D. eating33. A. offered&&&&B. supplied&&&C. gave&&&&D. afforded34. A. heat&&&&B. sunlight&&&C. energy&&&&D. water35. A. many&&&&B. little&&&&C. sure&&&&D. certain36. A. followed&&&B. made&&&&C. copied&&&&D. existed37. A. close&&&&B. far&&&&C. strong&&&&D. tall38. A. branches&&&B. trunks&&&&C. roots&&&&D. leaves39. A. weight&&&&B. height&&&&C. soil&&&&D. water40. A. modern&&&&B. ancient&&&C. big&&&&D. small&第一节& 完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21―30各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
When I was a kid, I got interested in astronomy(天文学). I used to __21__& how big the universe might be and what are “ __22__ ” the stars. But as I grew up, I hardly had any time to __23 __ my hobby because of too much work. In 2007 I found an astronomy magazine and got attracted to astronomy again. However, I didn’t have much time for my __24__ . Many times I would like to observe an object in the night sky, but I was either too __25__& or busy working, or I had to look after my kids. So I __26 _ them to observe the stars together with me and I even read kids’ astronomy books to them. By having a common hobby we spent time together and we all found it __27__ . While reading astronomy books, I figure out how many interesting things there are outside of this planet. I __28__ that the information opens a door to a huge world of interesting things. I enjoy astronomy as a hobby and I recommend it to everyone. Just __29& _you and your family sitting together watching the stars and talking in the __30__ on a summer night! How cool it will be! 21. A. teach&&&&&& &B. wonder&&&&&& &&C. discuss&&&&&&& &&D. find22. A. near&&&&&&& &B. over &&&&&&&& &C. below&&&&& &&D. behind23. A. develop&&&& &B. meet&&&&&&&& &C. tell &&&&& &&D. stop&& 24. A. exams&&&&& &B. magazines&&&& &&C. hobby&&&&&&&& &&D. music25. A. tired&&&&&&& &B. excited&&&&&& &&C. curious&&&&&&& &&D. puzzled 26. A. ordered&&&&& &B. advised&&&&& &C. begged&& &&D. encouraged27. A. necessary&&& &B. interesting&&&& &&C. boring&&&&&&&& &&D. useful& 28. A. realize&&&&& &B. remember&&&&& &C. admit&&&&&&&& &&&D. expect& 29. A. consider&&&& &B. remind&&&&&&& &&C. imagine&&&&&& &&&D. support 30. A. library&&&&& &B. cafe &&&&&&&&& &C. playground & &&D. yard
&第一节& 完形填空(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21~35各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。The eyes are one of the most expressive instruments of body language. Keith,seventeen,from Montclair New Jersey,learned the hard way about one  21  the eyes can make .“I had a teacher who graded heavily on classroom discussion,” Keith says. “He seemed to have a strong ability to know just when I didn’t have the  22 . I couldn’t figure out how he could be so  ___23 . Then it dawned on(为……所明白)me.  24  I didn’t know the answer,I would avoid looking at him. When I did know what to say,I always glanced(扫视)straight back at him.& From that moment on,I  25  myself to look at him in the eye,  26  I knew the work or not. That trick has saved me a lot of trouble.”Many people,including some policemen,believe eye contact is a good  27  of honesty. If someone can’t look at you directly in the eye,then he or she is not playing  28 , they insist. After many experiments,  29 , a number of experts have found out that good liars can make false eye contact.Eye contact,though not a(n) 30 & sign of honesty,is a clear way to show interest in another person. When a person looks at you and  31  to do so,you know his  32  is placed on you. When he turns his head away,his mind is probably  33 . But there are exceptions. A __34  person may have trouble making and keeping eye contact,no matter how interested he is in the other person. And certain nationalities,such as the British and Germans,are much  35__ oriented(适应)to eyeball to eyeball contact than,say,the French and Arabs.21.A.letter&&&B.notice&&&&C.message&&&&D.news22.A.question&&&B.problem&&&C.excuse&&&&&D.answer23.A.slow&&&B.sharp&&&&C.dull&&&&&D.clever24.A.Whatever&&B.Whenever&&&C.However&&&&D.Wherever25.A.helped&&&B.hoped&&&&C.taught&&&&&D.persuaded26.A.when&&&B.whether&&&C.if&&&&&&D.as27.A.lesson&&&B.way&&&&C.chance&&&&&D.test28.A.honestly&&&B.quickly&&&&C.correctly&&&&D.really29.A.therefore&&&B.however&&&C.actually&&&&D.especially30.A.real&&&&B.exact&&&&C.wonderful&&&&D.sure31.A.stops&&&B.continues&&&C.changes&&&&D.hopes32.A.attention&&&B.spirit&&&&C.strength&&&&D.energy33.A.anywhere&&B.nowhere&&&C.elsewhere&&&&D.everywhere34.A.brave&&&B.shy&&&&C.stupid&&&&&D.proud35.A.more&&&B.less&&&&C.too&&&&&D.enough21-25 CDBBC&& 26-30 BDABD& 31-35 BACBB第一节 完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)  阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21~30各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&&& I have experienced many different types of teachers and from each of them. I have drawn out characteristics to form the __21__ teacher. The person has no age or sex requirements __22__ this person must be pleasant to look at. I don’t believe teachers have to be beautiful but they have to keep __23__ well groomed. I have had a teacher who didn’t keep
the other students and I found her __24__ quite distracting. I believe that a teacher should wear the clothes he or she likes, but not things that are shocking or totally __25__. I find that students spend more time __26__ than they do listening. This person should know his or her __27__ in detail. He or she must also possess a certain __28__ for it to get the students enthusiastic. He or she must be able to make lessons __29__ and pick out little details that relate it to the students. A teacher who just relays facts __30__ to be boring . A student can pick out f it is the teacher who is to tie the subject together in an interesting fashion.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 21. A. real&&&& &&&&& B. beautiful&&& &&&& C. ideal&&& &&& D. pleasant22. A. but&&&& &&&&& B. because&&&& &&&& C. since&&&&& && D. although23. A students&&&&&&&&& B. colleagues&&&&&&& C. principals&& && D. themselves24. A. method&&& &&&&& B. appearance&&& &C. speech&&&& && D. manner25. A. strange&&&&&&&&& B. new&&&& &&&&& C. expensive&&&& && D. cheap26. A. playing&& &&&&& B. writing&&&& &&&& C. copying&&&& && D. staring27. A. students&& &&&&& B. time&&&& &&&&& C. subject&&&& && D. character28. A. idea&&&& &&&&& B. attitude&&&& &&&& C. love&&&& &&& D. question29. A. serious&&&&&&&&& B. humorous&&&& &C. intensive&&&&& && D. funny30. A. tends&&&& &&&&& B. fails&&&& &&&&& C. avoids&&&&& && D. pretends 21-25 CADBA& 26-30 DCCBA第一节 完形填空(共15小题;每小题2分, 满分30分)阅读下面短文, 掌握其大意, 然后从16 ~ 30各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Mrs. Jones was very fond of singing. She had a good&& 16& , except that some of her high notes tended to sound like a gate, which someone had forgotten to&& 17& . Mrs. Jones was very conscious of this&& 18& , and took every&& 19&& she could find to practice these high&& 20& . As she lived in a small house where she could not practice without&& 21&&& the rest of the family, she usually went for long walks along the country roads whenever she had time, and practiced her high notes there. Every time she heard a&& 22&& or a person coming along the&& 23& , she stopped and&& 24&&& until she could no longer be heard before she started practicing again, because she was a&& 25&& person, and because she was sensitive about those high notes. One afternoon, however, a fast, open car came up behind her so&& 26&& and so fast that she did not hear it until it was only a few yards from her. She was singing some of her highest and most&& 27&& notes at the time, and as the car passed her, she saw an anxious&& 28&&& suddenly come over its driver’s face. He put his brakes on violently, and as soon as the car stopped, jumped out and began to&& 29&& all his tires carefully. Mrs. Jones did not dare to tell him what the noise he had heard had really been, so he got back into his car and drove off as&& 30&& as he had been when he stopped. 16. A. voice&&&&& B. noise&&&&& C. sound&&&& D. note17. A. close&&&&& B. open&&&&& C. repair&&&&& D. oil18. A. strength&&& B. sickness&& C. weakness&& D. advantage19. A. time&&&&&& B. chance&&& C. person&&&& D. place20. A. notes&&&&& B. songs&&&&& C. signs&&&&& D. sounds21. A. preventing& B. harming&& C. disturbing& D. damaging22. A. train&&&&&& B. car&&&&&&& C. noise&&&&& D. driver23. A. path&&&&&& B. avenue&&&&& C. street&&&& D. road24. A. waited&&&& B. expected&& C. confused&& D. puzzled25. A. brave&&&& B. shy&&&&&& C. ordinary&&& D. unique26. A. slightly&&& B. gently&&& C. quickly&&&& D. silently27. A. beautiful&& B. exhausting& C. difficult&& D. energetic28. A. expression& B. explanation C. impression& D. reaction29. A. approach&& B. observe&&& C. repair&&&& D. examine30. A. convinced& B. upset&&&& C. puzzled&&& D. pleased&第一节: 完形填空 (共10小题, 每小题1分, 满分10分)阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。What is intelligence anyway? When I was in the army I&& 21&& an intelligence test that all soldiers took, and, against an average of 100, scored 160.I had an auto-repair man once, who, on these intelligence tests, could not possibly have scored more than 80. Yet, when anything went wrong with my car I hurried to him ― and he always&& __22__ it.Well, then, suppose my auto-repair man designed questions for some intelligence tests. By every one of them I’d prove myself a&& 23& . In a world where I have to work with my hands, I’d do poorly.Consider my auto-repair man again. He had a habit of telling&& 24& . One time he said, “Doc, a deaf-and-dumb man&& 25&& some nails. Having entered a store, he put two fingers together on the counter and made&& 26&& movements with the other hand. The clerk brought him a hammer. He shook his head and pointed to the two fingers he was hammering. The clerk&& 27&& him some nails. He picked out the right size and left. Well, Doc, the next man who came in was blind. He wanted scissors. How do you suppose he asked for them?” I lifted my right hand and made scissoring movements with my first two fingers. He burst out laughing and said, “Why, you fool, he used his&& 28&& and asked for them. I’ve been&& 29&& that on all my customers today, but I knew for sure I’d catch you.” “Why is that?” I asked.& “Because you are so god damned educated, Doc. I knew you couldn’t be very&& 30& .”And I have an uneasy feeling he had something there.21. A. failed&&&B. wrote&&&&C. received&&&D. chose22. A. fixed&&&B. checked& &&C. drove&&&&D. changed23. A. teacher&&&B. doctor&&&C. winner&&&D. fool24. A. lies&&&&B. jokes&&&&C. news&&&&D. tales25. A. bought&&&B. tested&&&&C. found&&&D. needed26. A. cutting&&&B. hammering&&C. waving&&&D. circling27. A. brought&&&B. packed&&&C. sent&&&&D. sold28. A. imagination&&B. hand&&&&C. voice&&&&D. information29. A. trying&&&B. proving&&&C. practising&&&D. examining30. A. clear&&&&B. silly&&&&C. slow&&&&D. smart&第二节: 完形填空 (共10小题,每小题2分,满分20分)Before the 29th century the horse provided day to day transportation in the United States. Trains were used only for long-distance transportation.&&& Today the car is the most popular sort of transportation in all of the United States. It has completely&&& 41&&& the horse as a means of everyday transportation. Americans use their cars for nearly 90 percent of all personal&&& 42&& .&&& Most Americans are able to buy cars. The average price of a&&& 43&&& made car was $ 2,500 in 1950, $ 2,740 in 1960 and up to $ 4,750 in 1975. During this period American car manufacturers set about&&& 44&&& their products. As a result, the yearly income of the average family increased from 1950 to 1975&& 45&&& than the price of cars. For this reason purchasing a new car takes a smaller&&& 46&&& of a family’s total earnings today.&&& In 1951 proportionally it took 8.1 months of an average family’s&&& 47&&& to buy a new car. By 1975 it only took 4.75&&& 48&&& income. In addition, the 1975 cars were technically superior to models from previous years.&&& The&&& 49&&& of the automobile extends throughout the economy as the car is so important to Americans. Americans spend more money&&& 50&&& their cars running than on any other item.41. A. denied&&B. reproduced&&C. replaced&&&D. repeated42. A. trip&&&B. works&&&C. business&&&D. travel43. A. quickly&&B. regularly&&&C. rapidly&&&D. recently44. A. raising&&B. making&&&C. reducing&&&D. improving45. A. slower&&B. equal&&&&C. faster&&&&D. less46. A. part&&&B. half&&&&C. number&&&D. side47. A. income&&B. work&&&&C. plan&&&&D. debts48. A. months’&&B. dollar’s&&&C. family&&&D. year49. A. running&&B. notice&&&C. influence&&&D. discussion50. A. starting&&B. leaving&&&C. keeping&&&D. repairing&第一节:完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21~30各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Have you ever simply wanted to give without expecting anything in return? It’s& 21& to do. Most look for a reward in some way. I know I did, most of the time, but then a TV program of “Oprah” inspired me. She gave everyone in the audience $1,000 to spend on a complete__22__, accompanied by a video camera to ___23 __ what they did with the money.&& Two sisters from Georgia& 24___& from the crowd in my mind---they put their money together to give to “My sister’s House”, a& 25 ___ that helps battered(受虐的) women and children. Not only did they& 26 ___&& their money, but they told everyone in their town about the organization. It was amazing that people were crazy to ring and& 27 ______money, baby clothing, and more.&& This story made me realize how often I expect things from others and how& 28______& I give things in return. I don’t have a thousand dollars to spend on a stranger, but I do have a heart that is full of love and generosity. I now hold doors open for others and& 29__ __ at people I don’t know, because a smile is contagious(有感染力的) and I try to bring as much happiness as I can into others’ lives. It’s difficult, but I feel it is really ___30 ____.21. A. hard&B. easy&C. simple&D. hardly22. A. countrymen&B. stranger&C. acquaintance&D. friend23. A. show && B. record&&&C. learn&&&&D. praise24. A. stood up&B. stood out&C. stood by&D. stood for25. A. room&B. house&C. village&D. shelter26. A. spend&B. divide&C. combine&D. separate27. A. give&B. bring&C. donate&D. take28. A. often&B. really&C. simply&D. rarely29. A. sing&B. cry&C. smile&D. laugh30. A. rewarding&B. awarding&C. expecting&D. giving本文谈到我们在给予时往往期望回报,但是如果你用开阔的眼界看世界,就会发现,你的付出,其实已经是很大的收获。21.A&& 由接下去的两句话“大多数人都要寻求回报”“我也是这样的”可知,此处意为只有付出,不求回报是“很难”做到的。22. B& 由最后一段中的to spend on a stranger也可得到启示。23. B& 跟着一部摄影机,自然是用来“纪录”他们是如何用这笔钱的。24. B& 指在这人群中有两姐妹显得特别“耀眼或突出(stand out)”。其它选项:stand up站起来,stand by袖手旁观,stand for象征。25. D& 是“My sister’s House”的同位语,指帮助受虐妇女儿童的“庇护所(shelter)”。26. C& 指前文put their money together,应为combine their money。27. C& 通过她们宣传后,人们打电话来“捐赠(donate)”钱物等。28. D& 与前文often对应,指我经常期待从别人处获取但却很少付出。29. C& 由后文because a smile is contagious可知,此处指我对不认识的人“微笑”。30. A& 指这就是一种回报,用rewarding。awarding的意思是“授予,给予”。第一节 完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21~30各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland (since 1437) as well as one of the biggest and most important cities in the country, the seventh biggest in the United Kingdom. The ___21___ of the city is around half a million. It lies in the southeast of ___22___. As the capital city it is also the seat of the Scottish Parliament (created in 1999). It is the second most ___23___ city in the United Kingdom after London, with 13 million visitors a year. &&The ___24___ of Edinburgh is 100 square miles (259 square kilometers). The historical centre of the city is divided into two main parts, the Old Town and the New Town. They are ___25___ Princes Street Gardens. Both districts were ___26___ as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995. Edinburgh is quite famous for its annual Edinburgh Festival held four weeks from early August. Edinburgh has been connected with many___27___people through its whole history. Famous authors of the city ___28___Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the ___29___ of Sherlock Holmes, or nowadays J. K. Rowling, the author of Harry Potter. As far as the __30__ is concerned, the most famous people connected with Edinburgh are Charles Darwin (the biologist), Alexander Graham Bell (the telephone pioneer), and so on.21. A. people&&B. number&&C. area&&&D. population22. A. England&&B. Britain&&C. Wales&&D. Scotland23. A. travelled& &B. visited&&C. seen&&&D. explored&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 24. A. land&&&B. amount&&C. area&&&&& &D. boundary&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 25. A. separated by &B. divided into&C. divided by&D. separated into&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 26. A. regarded &&B. thought&&C. listed&& &&D. treated 27. A. great& &&B. historical&&C. famous &&D. intelligent 28. A. include& &&B. contain&& &C. have&&&D. are&&& 29. A. author&&B. discoverer&C. director&&D. creator 30. A. science& &&B. biology&& &C. art&&&D. literature第一节 完形填空本文介绍了爱丁堡这个城市的地理概况、人口、节日和所产出的名人等情况。21. D。根据下文的around half a million可知。22. D。根据常识得知。23. B。根据下文visitors的暗示。 24. C。根据下文的100 square miles (259 square kilometers).25. A。根据常识;分辨be divided into和 be separated from,紧扣语境来选择。26. C。根据词义辨析。这里指“新旧城均被列入联合国教科文组织世界文化遗产”。27. C。据上下文的行文逻辑。下文讲的都是爱丁堡的名人。28. A。根据上下文的行文逻辑 ,此句意为“名作家包括柯南.道尔或J.K罗琳。” contain是指“一种物质内含什么东西作为它其中的一部分” 。29. D。根据文学常识。30. A。根据下文biologist和telephone pioneer的提示。第一节:完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)阅读下面短文, 掌握其大意,然后从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Once upon a time, there was a boy who would go into the forest and gather food and herbal medicines (草药) with some of his fellows every spring. However, one year, a tiger showed up in the forest and no one dared go into the forest again. One day, the boy’s father became ill, and the family couldn’t afford the (21)& _ that the father needed. The boy decided to try and find some herbal medicines as well as some food in the forest.It was a perfect sunny day. At first, it was quiet and (22)& _& happened. But later, when the boy bent down to reach one more mushroom, he was suddenly pushed to the ground. A large shadow covered him. He rolled over and looked (23)___& in shock as the tiger said in a deep voice. “You are my (24)__& . Say good-bye to this world.” (25)__& his sick father, the boy knew he couldn’t die. He quickly calmed down and put a mushroom into his mouth, and chewed and swallowed. Then he said, “(26)__ __ you can kill and eat me, but I wish you to know that these mushrooms are deadly poisonous (有毒的). You can eat me, but you will die too. My family will look for me and find you. They will (27)__&& your stomach and eat your meat. Your fine skin will carpet the floor of a rich man’s house and your tiger bones will get a good (28)_&&&& in the medicine shops. My family will have enough for a year or more and I will be given a good funeral(葬礼)and long (29)____ .The tiger hesitated (犹豫). He saw the frightful mushrooms in the basket and (30)____ his appetite (胃口). He slowly walked away. The boy saved his own life with his quick thinking.21 A. love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. medicine&&&&&&&&&&& &C. care&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. doctors22 A. anything&&&&&&&&&& &B. everything&&&&&&&&& &C. nothing&&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. something23 A. down&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. around&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. up24 A. energy&&&&&&&&&& &B. power&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. enemy&&&&&&&&&&& &D. supper25 A. Looking after& &B. Thinking of&&& &&C. Bringing back&&&& &D. Believing in26 A. Of course&&&&&& &B. No way&&&&&&&&& &&C. In the beginning&&&&&& &D. In any case27 A. feed&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. open&&&&&&&&&& &&C. sell&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. kick28 A. price&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. seller&&&&&&&&&& &&C. reward&&&&&&&& &&D. doctor29 A. understood&&&&&& &B. encouraged&&&& &&C. needed&&&&&&&& &&D. remembered30 A. lost&&&&&&&&&&& &B. increased&&&&&&& &&C. regained&&&&& &&D. forgot21-25 BCDDB& 26―30 ABADA II. 完形填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从16―30各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
When I moved into an empty dormitory for the first time two years ago, I was certain of a few things. Firstly, I realized that I didn’t& 16& anybody at the school. Secondly, I knew that I wanted to work hard at my lessons and learn something useful. And thirdly, I wanted to have a good time with new classmates, without my parents around.& The first& 17& frightened me in the beginning. But that& 18& quickly disappeared. It was the other two goals& 19& ended up being my difficulties. I knew that it was hard to devote enough time to class and to social efforts. But I wanted to& 20& in both. I knew this would be a& 21& , but I didn’t realize how much until classes began.& I got on well with the other girls who lived in my dorm.& 22 , instead of finishing my homework& 23 it was due, I went upstairs and had ice cream with my neighbor. I always finished it the next day between classes. I knew it wasn’t very good and the grade I& 24& showed my lack of effort.& I was& 25& that I needed to find some sort of balance. So I created a schedule that would& 26& my time up between going to class, doing homework, and relaxing. It seemed like a good idea, but I was only able to& 27& it for a few days. A schedule like that was too much pressure.& So I tried another 28 . Each week I made a list of everything I had to get done during that week. Then, under the list of things I had to get done, I made a list of things I could do if I had time.& This is the method I have used since then. I’m glad that I’ve learned to& 29& things and it has& 30& prepare me for what is to come after graduation.16. A. know&&&&&&&& B. recognize&&&&&&& C. realize&&&&&& &D. like17. A. teacher&&&& &B. day&&&&&&& &&C. class&&&&&&& &D. realization18. A. happiness&& &B. excitement&&&&& &C. fear&&&&&&& &&&& D. desire19. A. which&&&&&&& B. what&&&&&&& &&C. that&&&&&&& &&D. who20. A. win&&&&&&& &B. succeed&&&&&&& &C. get&&&&&&& &&D. wish21. A. chance&&&&& &B. job&&&&&&& &&C. challenge&&& &D. time22. A. Often&&&&&&& B. Seldom&&&&&&& &C. Unluckily&&&& &D. Fortunately23. A. because& &B. when&&&&&&& &&C. after&&&&&&& &D. before24. A. demanded&&& &B. took&&&&&&& &&C. accepted&&& &&D. received25. A. asleep&&&& &B. awake&&&&&&& &C. ashamed&&&& &&D. aware26. A. fix&&&&&&& &B. divide&&&&&&& &C. put&&&&&&& &&D. build27. A. use&&&&&&& &B. keep&&&&&&& &&C. follow&&&&& &&D. make28. A. plan&&&&&&& &B. energy&&&&&&& &C. pressure&&&& &D. effort29. A. do&&&&&&& &B. control&&&&&&& &C. balance&&&& &&D. hold30. A. had&&&&&&& &B. helped&&&&&&& &C. let&&&&&&& &&D. forced16-30& &ADCCB& &CADDD& &BCACB第三节 完形填空 (共15小题,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从41-55各题所给的四个选项A、B、C、D中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。It had been a tiring day and I was looking forward to a quiet evening. My husband wouldn’t come back until late and I had&& 41&&& to sit down in a comfortable armchair in the living room and read a book. I&& 42&& the children to bed early and&& 43&&& a cold supper and some coffee. Soon I was sitting comfortably with a plate&& 44&&& with food before me and a book at my side. I was just beginning to eat when the telephone rang. I put down my knife and fork and hurried to&& 45&&& it. By the time I got back to the living room, my coffee&& 46&&& cold. After I finished my&& 47&&& I began to drink my coffee with my book&& 48&&& at page one. Suddenly there was a&& 49&&& at the door. It gave me such a great surprise that I spilt the& 50&&& and made an ugly stain(污迹)on my skirt. Some stranger had got&& 51&&& and wanted me to show him the way. It&& 52&&& ages to get rid of him. At last I&& 53&& to sit down again and actually read a whole page without any more interruption until the baby woke up. He began crying loudly and I rushed upstairs. The baby was&& 54&&& awake at eleven o'clock when my husband came home. I should have cried myself when he asked me if I had a(n)& 55&&& evening!41. A. decided&&&&&& &&B. started&&&&&&&&& &&C. come&&&&&&&&&&& &D. hurried42. A. put&&&&&&&&& &&&B. made&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. threw&&&&&&&&&&& &D. allowed43. A. boiled&&&&&&& &&B. heated&&&&&&&&&&& &C. cooked&&&&&&&&&& &D. prepared44. A. full&&&&&&&&& &&& &B. filled&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. filling&&&&&&&&&&& &D. to be filled45. A. receive&&&&B. accept&&&&C. answer&&&&D. reply46. A. was getting&&&&&&&&& &B. had got&&&&&&&&& &C. would get&&&&&&&& &D. got47. A. supper&&&&&&& &&& &B. drinking&&&&&&&&& &C. reading&&&&&&&&&& &D. coffee48. A. opening&&&&&&& &&B. opened&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. open&&&&&&&&&&& &D. being opened49. A. stranger&&&&&& &&B. loud knock&&&&&&& &C. dog&&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. man50. A. food&&&&&&&& &&B. supper&&&&&&&&&&& &C. coffee&&&&&&&&&&& &D. plate51. A. lost&&&&&&& &&&B. gone&&&&&&&&&&& &C. missing&&&&&&&&& &D. disappeared52. A. cost&&&&&&&&& &&B. spent&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. paid&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. took53. A. tried&&&&&&&& &&&B. hoped&&&&&&&&&&& &C. managed&&&&&&&& &D. decided 54. A. already&&&&&& &&B. still&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. possibly&&&&&&&&& &D. almost55. A. pleasant&&&&&&& &&B. exciting&&&&&& &&C. friendly&&&&&&&& &&D. lonely41―50 AADBC& BDCBC&&& 51―55 ADDBA&文 章来源 莲山 课 件 w w w.5Y k J. c oM
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

我要回帖

更多关于 大一新生英语自我介绍 的文章

随机推荐