用英语给罗宾逊给未来的自己写一封信信 并告诉他你每天经常做什么

2010届高三英语上册第五次月考测试题
位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2010届高三英语上册第五次月考测试题
(编辑:佚名 日期:)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2010届高三英语上册第五次月考测试题
本试卷分为四个部分,包括、语言知识运用、理解和书面表达。考试结束后,将本试卷和答题卡一并交回。
PART ONE LISTENING COMPREHENSION SECTION ADirections: In this section, you’ll hear 6 conversations between 2 speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by 3 choices. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions by marking the corresponding letter (A, B or C) on the question booklet.You will hear each conversation TWICE。Conversation 11. How long will the woman be away?A. For 30 minutes.&&&&&B. For one hour.&&&&C. For two hours. 2. What will Bill do after the woman comes back?A. He will visit his mother.&&&B. He will meet the boss.&&C. He will also be away.Conversation 23. What is the woman’s opinion about buying a color TV? A. A smaller one. &&&&&B. A bigger one.&&&&C. An expensive one. 4. Why does the woman make such a suggestion to the man? &A. Because changing a color TV would be a waste of money. &&B. Because he might have to change it in a few year’s time. C. Because his sitting-room isn’t very big. Conversation 35. What’s the most probable relationship between the speakers?A. Friends. &&&&&&B. Husband and wife.&&&C. Mother and son. 6. What are they going to order?A. Garlic prawns, a frozen pizza and some vegetables. B. A frozen pizza, some vegetables and steamed rice.C. Garlic prawns, steamed rice and some vegetables.Conversation 47. What did the two speakers do yesterday afternoon? A. They watched a football match.&&B. They had a football match. &C. They went on a ride. 8. What happened to the woman yesterday afternoon?A. She lost her bike.&&&&B. She fell off her bike.&&&C. She hurt her arms. 9. When did the match begin?A.&At 3:00 p.m.&&&&&B. At 2:30 p.m.&&&&C. At 3:20 p.m.Conversation 5&10. What is the main subject of the conversation?A. Maryland Team.&&&&&B. The woman’s injured foot.&&C. Saturday’s game.11. What sport are they talking about?A. Basketball.&&&&&&B. Football.&&&&&C. Baseball.12. What is going to happen?A. There will be a match between Michigan and Maryland on Saturday.B. Maryland will rank No.1 in the country.C. A tough game will be expected between the speakers’ team and Michigan.Conversation 613. Who is Sarah?A. Nick’s classmate.&&&&B. Nick’s colleague.&&&C. Nick’s boss.14. What happened in the afternoon? A. A bank was robbed.&&&&B. A fight broke out in the street.&C. The man’s wife fell ill.15. What is the result?A. The guys were caught.&&&B. One of the guys was killed by the police.C. Mary was scared at seeing a boy killed.
SECTION BDirections: In this section, you’ll hear mini-talk. Listen carefully and then fill in the numbered blanks with the information you’ve got. Fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN 3 WORDS.You’ll hear the mini-talk TWICE.
Topic: Where to spend 16.__________________
Choices&Activities&Decisionthe Botanical Garden&appreciating precious plants, trees and flowers18. _____________playing about taking a picnic&They choose to go to the botanical garden with their own 20.________.17.______________&watching animal shows19. _____________or walking along the rivereating different kinds of food&
PART TWO LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGESECTION ADirections: Beneath each of the following sentences there are 4 choices marked A,B,C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence.21. It was decades ago ________ I was in my teens ________ the Chinese government decided to reform the social economic system.A. when&&& &&B. which&&& &&C. that&&& &&&&D. that22. Jackson who was famous for his high energy performances _________ during the Democratic National Committee benefit concert, A Night at the Apollo once.A. was performed&&& &&B. performed&&&& &&C. performing&&&& &&&D. was performing23. _______ eager to get access to the president, the boy in northern America wrote a letter to him.A. Much&&&&&&& &&&B. Too&&&&& &&&C. As&&&&&&& &&&&D. So24. --- Who are you e-mailing?&& --- My cousin who ________ to Fudan University the year before last year.A. had been admitted&&& &B. is admitting&& &&C. has admitted&&&& &&&D. was admitted25. Jude, seated in a chair and lost in thought, gave me a sudden look, as if _________, “Are you kidding?”A. to say&&&&& &&&B. to have said&&&&& &C. said&&&&& &&&&&D. to be saying26. I am willing to have her again ________ our new flat and I _________her that, but it must be up to her own decision.A. will tell&&&& &B. will tell&& &&C. tell&&&& &&D. tell27. “Everyone _______ not fire without the signal or you’ll be severely punished or even killed,” urged the commander.A. would&&&& &&&B. might&&&& &&&C. shall&&& &&&&D. need28. A large number of students give messages to their close friends through this radio club, __________ hosts are all their schoolmates.A. that&& &&&&B. of which&&& &&&C. which&&&&& &&&D. whose 29. HuShuli, __________ editor of China’s most influential business publication, Caijing, has resigned from the biweekly.A. founding&&&&&& &&B. founded&&&&& &&&C. found&&&&& &&&D. having found30. Relations between China and Africa are based on a balance of interests and ________ the needs and demands of developing countries.A. provides& &&&&B. provided&&&& &&&C. providing&&& &&&D. is providing31. Attention! _________ in the form right now, making sure that every detail supplied is accurate.A. Filling&& &&&&B. Fill&&& &&&&C. To fill&&& &&&&D. Being filled 32. DuoDuo is a great lone traveler crossing borders of nation, language and history, as well as a determined predictor of some of the most basic, universal human values that _____ in our troubled modern times.A. have been overlooked&&& B. have overlooked&& &&C. has been overlooked &&D. is overlooked33. The consequences of our actions are unbelievably complicated and diverse _______ predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.A. because&& &&&&B. even if&& &&&&C. in order that&& &&&D. so that 34. Getting good marks is about _______ to prepare for and to write exams but not just about ______facts you know.A. what&&& &&&B. that&&& &&&C. what&&&& &&&D. which35. _________ last as his coach suggested, he wouldn’t have narrowly escaped being killed. A. Hadn’t the skydiver exited&&&&& &&&&&B. If the skydiver hadn’t exitedC. Should the skydiver not exit&&&& &&&&&D. If the skydiver wouldn’t exit
SECTION BDirections: For each blank in the following passage there are four words or phrases marked A,B,C and D. Fill in each blank with word or phrases that best fits the context.When I was a young man, I thought life was all about me --- about how I'd make my way in the world, become successful, and get the things I want.&&& 36&&& then the two of you came into my world with all your curiosity and mischief and those smiles that never&&& 37&& to fill my heart and light up my day. And suddenly, all my big plans for myself didn't seem so&&& 38&&& anymore. I soon found that the greatest joy in my life was the joy I saw in yours. And I&&& 39&&& that my own life wouldn't count for much unless I was able to ensure that you had every opportunity for happiness and fulfillment in yours. In the end, girls, that's why I& 40&& President because of what I want for you and for every child in this nation. I want all our children to go to schools worthy of their&&& 41&&& --- schools that challenge them, inspire them, and instill in them a&&& 42&&& of wonder about the world around them. I want them to have the chance to go to college ---&&& 43&&& their parents aren't rich. And I want them to get good jobs: jobs that pay well and give them benefits like health care, jobs that let them spend time with their own kids and&&& 44&&& with dignity.Sometimes we have to send our young men and women into war and other dangerous&&& 45&&& to protect our country --- but when we do, I want to make sure that it is only for a very good reason, that we try our best to settle our differences with others peacefully, and that we do everything possible to keep our servicemen and women&&& 46&& . And I want every child to understand that the blessings these brave Americans fight for are not free --- that with the great privilege of being a citizen of this nation&&&& 47&&& great responsibility.36. A. However&&&&&& &&&B. While&&&&&& &&C. But&&&&&&& &&D. Although37. A. fail&&&&&&&&&&& &&&B. escape&&&&& &&C. drop&&&&&&& &&D. prepare 38. A. shallow&&&&&&& &&&B. important&&& &&C. respectful&&& &&D. delighted39. A. recognized&&&&& &&B. regretted&&& &&C. realized&&&&&&& &D. reminded 40. A .searched for&&& &&&B. accounted for&&& &C. asked for&&&& &&D. ran for 41. A. potential&&&&&&& &&B. ability&&&& &&C. possibility&&&& &&D. reputation42. A. sign&&&&&&&&&&& &&B. sense&&&&& &&C. ray&&&&&&& &&D. bunch43. A. as if&&&&&&&&&&& &&B. now that&& &&C. in case&&&&&& &&D. even if44. A. resign&&&&&&&&& &&B. resettle&&&& &&C. retire&&&&&&& &&D. request45. A. borders&&&&&&&& &&B. situations&& &&C. nations&&&&& &&D. scenery46. A. satisfied&&&&&&& &&&B. fortunate&&&& &&C. successful&&&&& &D. safe 47. A. comes&&&&&&&&& &&B. goes&&&&&& &&C. lies&&&&&&& &&D. stands
SECTION CDirections: Complete the following passage by using ONE word that best fits the context.An American soldier called his parents from San Francisco after a war. “Mom and Dad, I’m coming home, but I’ve got a favor to ask. I have a friend I’d like to bring&&& 48&&& me.”“Sure,” they replied. “We’d love to meet him.”“There’s something you should know,” the son continued. “He was hurt pretty&&& 49&&& in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine&& 50&&& lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come and live with us.”“I’m sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find&& 51&&& to live.”“No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us.”“Son,” said the father, “Someone like him would be a terrible burden on us. Just come home and forget about this guy. He will find a way to live on his&&& 52&& .”At that point, the son hung up the&&& 53&& .A few days later, the parents received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building,&&&& 54&&& the police believed was suicide. They went and recognized him, but&&& 55&& their horror, they also discovered something they didn’t expect: their son had only one arm and one leg.
PART THREE READING COMPREHENSIONDirections: Read the following three passages. Each passage is followed by several questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are 4 choices marked A,B,C and D. Choose the one that fits best according to the information given in the passage.AZoo Lights 6pm---10pm Thursdays through Wednesdays, through Jan. 7. The Phoenix Zoo’s 15th-annual holiday light festival features more than 2 million lights and light displays throughout the zoo, as well as a new arctic exhibit and jingo, the talking giraffe. Phoenix Zoo, 455 N. Galvin Parkway, $7 ahead of time. Phoenix. $8 at gate. (602)273-1341. . Cowboy Christmas5pm---9pm Thursdays, 5pm---10pm Fridays and Saturdays, 5pm---9pm Sundays through Wednesdays, through Jan 1. Rawhide’s Main Street will be lit with 150,000 lights, including a 100-foot tall “tree of lights” and nightly lighting ceremony. Rawhide at Wild Horse Pass, 5700 W. North Loop Road, Gila River Reservation. FREE. (480) 502—5600. .Arizona Celebration of Lights6pm---9pm Thursdays, 6pm---l0pm Fridays and Saturdays, 6pm---10pm Sundays through Wednesdays, through Jan.1. A 2-mile drive featuring 300 light displays with more than 5 million lights. Community Church of Joy, 21000 N. 75th Ave., Glendale. $12 per car, $8 for adults, free for kids aged 4 and younger, $2 discount with canned food or toy donations. (623)561—0500. .Glendale Glitters Quiet Nights6pm---10pm Thursdays through Wednesdays, through Jan.6. A display featuring 1.4 million lights decorates downtown Glendale. It also features an animated musical light show in the north part of town. The center of the display is at Murphy Park. Murphy Park, 5850 W. Glendale Ave. Glendale. FREE. (623)930—2820. Valley of Lights6pm---12pm Thursdays through Wednesdays, through Dec. 30. A one-mile drive through exhibits featuring more than 100,000 lights and animated displays. Donations accepted. Fain Park, 2200 N. Fifth St., Prescott Valley. FREE. 1一(928)一759—3090. .56. These ads are all about__________.A. night light displays in the Phoenix Zoo&& &B. celebrations of lightsC. Christmas activities all over the world&&& &D. advertisements of some products57. Which of the following websites can offer you further information about the 100-foot tall “tree of lights”?A. www. pvchamber. org.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. www. joyonline. org.C. www. .&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. www. phoenixzoo.org.58. If Mr. Smith and Mrs. Smith drive to Arizona Celebration of Lights with their son aged 5, most probably how much will they pay for the visit at least?A. $34.&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&B. $36.&&&&&&&&& C. $28.&&&&&D. $26.59. According to the text, which of the following offer animated displays?A. Zoo Lights & Cowboy Christmas.B. Valley of Lights & Cowboy Christmas.C. Zoo Lights & Arizona Celebration of Lights.D. Valley of Lights & Glendale Glitters Quiet Nights.60. What’s the purpose of the text?A. To attract more visitors to these activities.B. To collect more donations from the visitors.C. To let kids have an interesting Christmas Day.D. To earn more money.B The man who invented Coca-Cola was not a native Atlanta, but on the day of his funeral every drugstore in town shut up the shop in honor of him. He was John Styth Pemberton, born in 1833 in Knoxville, Georgia, eighty miles away. Pemberton was a chemist, sometimes known as Doctor, who, during the Civil War, became an officer and led a cavalry troop. He settled in Atlanta in 1869, and soon began making such patent medicines as Triplex Liver Pills and Globe of Flower Cough Syrup.In 1885, he registered a trademark for something called French Wine Coca-Ideal Nerve and Tonic Stimulant. A few months later, he formed the Pemberton Chemical Company, and hired an accountant named Frank M. Robinson, who had not only a good head for figures, but, attached to it, so unique a nose that he could judge the ingredients of a batch of syrup merely by sniffing it. In 1886 --- a year in which, as contemporary Coca-Cola officials like to point out, the English writer Conan Doyle made Sherlock Holmes known publicly and France found the truth about the Statue of Liberty --- Pemberton invented a syrup that he called Coca-Cola. It was a change of his French Wine Coca. He had taken out the wine and added a bit of caffeine, and, when the end product tasted awful, had thrown in some cola nut oil and a few other oils, mixing the mixture in a three-legged iron pot in his back yard and swishing it around with an oar. He distributed it to soda fountains in used beer bottles, and Robinson, with his elegant account’s script, instantly designed a label, on which "Coca-Cola" was written in the style which is still employed. Pemberton looked upon his mixture less as a drink than as a headache cure.One morning in 1886, a man suffering from a headache dragged himself into an Atlanta drugstore and asked for a bottle of Coca-Cola. According to usual practice, druggists should pour a teaspoonful of syrup into a glass of water, but at that time, the man on duty was too lazy to walk to the fresh-water tap. Instead, he mixed the syrup with some soda water, which was closer at hand. After drinking it, the suffering customer cheered up almost at once, and word quickly spread that the best Coca-Cola was a fizzy (冒泡泡的)one. 61. According to the passage, which of the following about Pemberton is wrong?A. He was highly respected by Atlantans because of his great contribution.& B. Medicines like Triplex Liver Pills and Globe of Flower Cough Syrup are his patent products. C. During the Civil War, he was an officer of a cavalry troop, a chemist and a doctor.D. Coca-Cola which is very popular now was invented by him.62. Why do contemporary Coca-Cola officials especially like to mention the year 1886?&& &A. Because Conan Doyle contributed to Pemberton’s Coca-Cola invention.&& &B. Because France sent the Statue of Liberty to America and Pemberton loved it.&& &C. Because they are still proud of Pemberton’s invention.&& &D. Because Pemberton made more money for the company this year than in any other year.63. What does the passage tell us about Frank M. Robinson?& &A. He helped his boss and began making patent medicines together with his boss in 1869. B. He had a special nose with an acute sense of smell and especially was good at drawing.C. When he found the end product tasted awful, he threw in some cola nut oil and other oils.D. He designed a label “Coca-Cola” for the Coca-Cola Company with his elegant handwriting.64. How did Pemberton change French Wine Coca formula to make it taste delicious?& &A. He mixed it with several oils instead of water.&&&&&&&&& B. He put some beer into the mixture.& &C. He added more coffee into the mixture than before.&&&&& D. He added some cola nut oil and a few other oils.&65. According to the passage, what was Coca-Cola intended for at first?& &A. It was intended for the children as a soft drink.&& &&B. It was intended for a substitute for French Wine Coca& &C. It was intended for a cure for the common headache&&&&&&&& D. It was intended for the need of the warC Sustainable management is seen as a practical and economical way of protecting species from dying out. Instead of depending on largely ineffective laws against poaching (偷猎), it gives local people a good economic reason to preserve plants and animals. In Zimbabwe, for instance, there is a sustainable management project to protect elephants. Foreign tourists pay large sums of money to kill these animals for sports. This money is then given to the inhabitants of the area where the hunting takes place. In theory, locals will be encouraged to protect elephants, instead of poaching them because of the economic benefit involved.This sounds like a sensible strategy, but it remains to be seen whether it will work. With corruption in these developing countries, some observers are skeptical that the money will actually reach the people it is intended for. Others wonder how effective the locals will be at stopping poachers.There are also questions about whether sustainable management is practical when it comes to protecting forests. In theory, the principle should be the same as with elephants --- allow logging companies to cut down certain number of trees, but not so many as to completely destroy the forest.Sustainable management of forests requires controls on the number of trees which are cut down, as well as investment in replacing them. Because almost all tropical forests are located in countries which desperately need funds from logging, there are few regulations and motive to do this.One solution might be to confirm wood comes from sustainably managed forests. In theory, consumers would buy only this wood and so force logging companies to go "green" or go out of business. Unfortunately, unrestricted logging is so much more profitable that wood prices from managed forests would cost up to five times more --- an increase that consumers, no matter how "green", are unlikely to pay.66. Which of the following statements is true in understanding the "sustainable management"?A. Sustainable management is usually used in commercial units.B. Sustainable management is more powerful than laws.C. We will probably meet many problems in the course of applying sustainable management.D. It is likely that sustainable management will replace the laws in protecting living things.67. The example of Zimbabwe is mentioned in the first paragraph is to ________.A. prove that sustainable management is ineffectiveB. explain what sustainable management isC. show that tourism there is boomingD. illustrate that people there are good at making money with elephants68. The phrase "go green" in Paragraph 5 probably means _______.A. a company begins to make money instead of being in redB. making the forests always green in colorC. operating in ways which do not damage the environmentD. starting from the very beginning69. What is the passage mainly about?A. What environmental protection mainly include.B. The feasibility (可行性) of sustainable management in environmental protection.C. Different people’s attitudes towards sustainable management.D. How people can protect animals and plants.70. What attitude does the author take towards the sustainable management?A. Positive.&& &B. Pessimistic.&&&&&& &&C. Negative.&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Uncertain.
PART FOUR WRITINGSECTION ADirections: Read the following passage. Fill in the numbered blanks by using the information for the passage. Write NO MORE THAN 3 WORDS for each answer.A Low-Carbon Economy (LCE) refers to an economy which has a minimal emission of greenhouse gas (GHG), namely, carbon dioxide into the biosphere(生物圈). Recently, most of the scientists and the public hold the opinion that the climate is changing because there is such an accumulation of CO2 in the atmosphere due to human activities. The over-concentration of these gases is producing global warming that affects long-term climate, with negative impacts on humanity in the foreseeable future. LCE, therefore, is proposed as a means to avoid catastrophic climate change.All nations which are considered carbon intensive societies and societies which are heavily populated should become zero-carbon societies and economies. Several of these countries have promised to become 'low carbon' but not entirely zero carbon, and claim that emissions will be cut by 100% by balancing emissions rather than ceasing all emissions.Nuclear power and the strategies of carbon capture and storage (CCS) have been proposed as the primary means to achieve a LCE while continuing to exploit non-renewable resources. Scientists are afraid, however, whether the spent-nuclear-fuel can be stored, and whether it is secure. Also they are not certain about the costs and time needed to successfully implement CCS worldwide and whether the stored emissions will leak into the biosphere or not. Alternatively, many have proposed renewable energy should be the main basis of a LCE, but, they have their associated problems of high-c this is changing, however, since investment and production have been growing significantly in recent times. Furthermore, it has been proposed that to make the transition to an LCE economically attractive we would have to attach a cost (per unit output) to GHGs through means such as emissions trading and/or a carbon tax.A LCE is aimed to integrate all aspects of itself from its manufacturing, agriculture, transportation to power-generation around technologies that produce energy and materials with little GHG emission and thus around populations, buildings, machines and devices which use those energies and materials efficiently and dispose of or recycle its wastes so as to have a minimal output of GHGs.
Title:&&&&&&& 71&&&&&&& I.&&&&&&&&& 72&&&&&&& : an economy with a minimal output of GHGII.&&&&&&&& 73&&&&&&&& of the present economy:● global warming● long-term climate change●&&&&&&&&&&& 74&&&&&&&&&&& on humanity &III.&&&&&&&&&& 75&&&&&&&&&& : ●& to produce energy and materials with little GHG emission● to use those energies and materials efficiently ● to have&&&&&&&&& 76&&&&&&&&&&&& of GHGsIV.&&&&&&&&&&& 77&&&&&&&&&&&& to achieve a LCE:● nuclear power&& ● the strategies of carbon capture and storage● renewable energy &●&&&&&&&&&&&&& 78&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&● a carbon tax&&&V.&&&&&&&&&& 79&&&&&&&&& : ● spent-nuclear-fuel storage / storage of spent-nuclear-fuel●&&&&&&& 80&&&&&&&&&&& ● uncertainty about the costs and time needed
SECTION BDirections: Read the following passage. Answer the questions according to the information given in the passage and the required words limit. Write your answers on your answer sheet.A political scientist from Indiana University whose work exploring how people come together to preserve their collective resources may provide important clues in the fight against climate change has become the first woman to win the Nobel prize for economics.Elinor Ostrom, 76, shares 2009 Nobel prize with fellow American academic Oliver Williamson, 77. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences announced to the world the pair had been chosen to win the 40th prize in economic sciences. For Ostrom, the award came, as a "big surprise". To rise to the peak of her area of learning has been a big journey, as she has had to struggle against her own weaknesses and the barriers of the system. At school in Los Angeles, she suffered from stuttering. She also faced the barriers common to most women of her generation entering the sciences --- she was discouraged from taking a PhD when she applied for graduate school.Her field of study has been striking for how cross-disciplinary it is. Early on she gained a reputation for bringing economics, political science and sociology together.What interests her is how common property can be managed successfully through groups in society. The findings of her research have been striking, as the Nobel committee pointed out, because they have challenged the traditional assumption that common property is poorly managed unless it is either controlled by government or privatized. She has shown how different individuals can band together and form collectives that protect the resource at hand.“A lot of people are waiting for more international co-operation to solve global warming.” Ostrom said , “It is important that there is international agreement, but we can be taking steps at family level, community level, civic and national level … There are many steps that can be taken. That will not solve it on their own but continuously will make a big difference.”81. How did Ostrom feel when she got the prize?& (not more than 3 words) 82. What does “cross-disciplinary” mean according to the passage?& (not more than 9 words)83. Why was Ostrom advised not to take a PhD when she applied for graduate school?& (not more than 9 words)84. Why was Ostrom awarded the Nobel prize for economics?& (not more than 16 words)
SECTION CDirections: Write an English composition according to the instructions given below in Chinese.假如你是李华,是校学生会的学习部长。请你代表全校学生给新来的外教Steven 写一封信表示欢迎, 并提出教学建议(至少两条)及理由。注意:词数不少于120字.参考词汇:学生会学习部长: the academic minister of the Students’ Union
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Yours sincerely,&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Li Hua 解析21. 解析:答案C。when引导时间状语从句,二十年以前当我十几岁的时候。It was…that是强调句型。22. 解析:答案B。2002年,以活力四射的表演而闻名的杰克逊在民主党全国委员会义演音乐会“阿波罗之夜”上表演。performed作谓语,一般过去时。23. 解析:答案B。too eager to do sth. “太渴望做某事”,在此处作状语,不能理解为太渴望而不想做某事。类似表心理活动的词语还有glad, pleased, excited, ready, willing等。much作副词一般修饰形容词和副词的比较级。24. 解析:答案D。前年,我表哥被录取,用一般过去时并要表被动。25. 解析:答案A。 as if to say “好像要说”,与gave me a sudden look语境相符。as if to have said “好像已经说了”,as if said& “好像已经被说了”,要表达“好像在说”应用as if saying 而不是as if to be saying。42. 解析:答案B。a sense of wonder 表好奇感,符合题意。43. 解析:答案D。 本句意为我想让他们有机会读大学——即使她们的父母并不富有。even if引导让步状语从句。now that引导的是原因状语从句, as if 引导方式状语从句,in case引导条件状语从句或目的状语从句,在此都不合适。44. 解析:答案C。 从全句的逻辑上看,这样的工作薪水高,福利好(如医疗保健),让他们有时间与孩子共度时光,最后他们还可以光荣退休。45. 解析:答案B。 与前面的into wars 相对应,表其它的危险境况。46. 解析:答案D。这里指我们会尽一切可能确保我们的服役军人安全。47. 解析:答案A。本句为倒装句:great responsibility comes with the great privilege of being a citizen of this nation 意为在享受成为本国公民的巨大的权利之时(所应承担的)巨大责任也随之而来。
56. 答案:B。主旨大意题.由整篇文章可知,五个广告全部是关于不同地方的灯会的宣传。避错指导: 选项A错误,因为五个灯会并不是在一个地方;选项C的范围太大;选项D错误,因为本篇文章并不是关于产品的广告。 故答案选B。57. 答案:C。事实细节题.由文章的第二个广告可知the 100-foot tall “tree of lights”属于Cowboy Christmas的活动内容。故答案选C。58. 答案: A。 “数字”型细节理解题.由文章的第三个广告可知, 大人的票价是8美元,4岁和4岁以下的小孩免费,停车费是12美元。另外,如果捐献罐装食品或玩具,可以减掉2美元。故答案选A。59. 答案:D。细节.由文章的最后两篇广告可知,在这两处活动中都可以欣赏到animated displays。故答案选D。60. 答案:A。作者意图题. 由文章可知,这五个广告所描述的活动有些是可以免费参加的,有些是收费的;有些是接受捐助的,有些是不作要求的。因此,本文的目的就是吸引更多的参观者。故答案选A。61. 答案:C。他是一名药剂师,有时也被当作医生,但那是在内战以后,内战中他只是一名军官,不符合题意。避错指导: 本文第一句写到:在他葬礼的那天,所有亚特兰大人都纷纷歇业以示哀悼。由此可见,他在亚特兰大倍受尊敬,故A符合题意。 B)从“…soon began making such patent medicines as Triplex Liver Pills and Globe of Flower Cough Syrup”得知故B符合题意 D)可乐是由他发明的。故D符合题意。62. 答案:C。彭博顿在1886年发明可口可乐糖浆,永远是公司员工的骄傲。避错指导:& A 柯南道尔创造了福尔摩斯,并没有彭博顿发明可口可乐。B.法国人揭开了自由女神的真面貌,没提是否送往美国 D.我们知道可口可乐公司赚了很多钱,但本文并没有说1886年彭博顿为公司赚的钱比平时多。63. 答案:D。倒数第二段罗宾逊用他那簿记员优雅的笔迹为它设计了一个标志--可口可乐,他设计的字体至今仍在沿用。避错指导:A. 1869年是彭博顿而不是罗宾逊开始研制名为Triplex Liver Pills and Globe of Flower Cough Syrup的专利药品。B. 第二段写到弗兰克•M•罗宾逊,这个人不仅很有数学头脑,而且这个脑袋上的鼻子是一个非常特别的鼻子,只要闻一闻就能够轻易地分辨一批糖浆的组成成分,并没有提到他擅长签名画画。C在文章中谈到制作的细节是彭博顿而不是罗宾逊做的。64. 答案:D。由倒数第三段可知,在配制该产品时,味道不好,他又加入了一些可乐果精油,使其变得好喝起来。而且该产品被称为可口可乐,可见可乐果在其中有着相当重要的作用。避错指导: A)文中没提到混合液没有用水而只是用各种精油混合而成的。B. 文章中并没有说加啤酒;C)该配方中的确有咖啡因,但是并没有说咖啡因的量比以前增加了。&65. 答案:C。倒数第二段最后一句写到:彭博顿不认为他的发明是一种饮料,他一直认为这是一种治疗头痛用的药物。&避错指导:A 众所周知可口可乐现在是倍受孩子们喜爱的一种碳酸饮料,但彭博顿最初配制它的目的是配制一种药液;B)属偷换概念,本文确实提到可口可乐是在法国葡萄酒可乐的基础上改良而成的产品,但最初的目的并没有说是做其替代品;D)属无中生有,本文并没有提到战争的需要。66. 答案:C。由题干关键词sustainable management可以定位到文章第二段首句This sounds like a sensible strategy, but it remains to be seen whether it will work.和第三段首句There are also questions about whether sustainable management is practical when it comes to protecting forests.可知,这两段是在介绍可持续管理是如何进行的及可能遇到的问题。避错指导:A)文章所论述的是可持续管理用于环境保护,但没提到用于商业领域;B)第一段虽然提到反偷猎法有些低效,但并未说可持续管理比法律更有力;D)在文章并未提及。67. 答案:B。推理。 由题干提示定位到第一段可知,该段第一、二句话解释了可持续管理的定义,接着就以津巴布韦为例来说明可持续管理到底是什么。因此B)符合提干要求。避错指导:A)从津巴布韦的例子可以看到可持续管理还是有效的。C)文中未提及。D)并不是举此例的目的。68. 答案:C。语义理解题。 由题干提示定位到第五段第二句In theory, consumers would buy only this wood and so force logging companies to go "green" or go out of business.可知,消费者将只购买采伐可持续管理森林的木材,由此迫使伐木公司只有以保护森林为前提进行采伐才可以。避错指导:A)文章未提及,也不是go green的意思。B)说的是字面意思。D)文章未提及。69. 答案:B。主旨大意题。文章第一段首句Sustainable management is seen as a practical and economical way of protecting species from extinction.就提出话题,即可持续管理被认为是防止物种灭绝的可行而经济的方法。全文通过实例以及现有问题等进一步说明这种方法的可行性。避错指导:A)、C)文中未提及。D)所说的太宽泛,这里只论述了保护动植物的一种方法。70. 答案:D。观点态度题。纵观全文,作者在第二至五段都在探讨应用可持续管理可能会出现的问题,所以推断,作者对可持续管理的可行性持有怀疑态度。避错指导:A)、B)和C)都不正确,虽然作者持怀疑态度,但并没有完全悲观或否定这种方法。
原文:Text 1W: Bill, can you cover for me for about an hour?M: Sure. I will tell the boss you are in the library if he asks. W: Thanks! I owe you a favor. M: Why do you need to leave for an hour?W: I forgot to buy my mom a gift for Mother’s Day.M: I can’t believe you forgot your own Mother’s birthday. W: It’s not her birthday I forgot! Today is Mother’s Day. M: And what is Mother’s Day?W: A special day when we remember our mothers and all they have done for us. M: After you come back can you cover for me while I go and buy something for my mom?W: No problem. Text 2M: We have just moved into a house. W: Really? Congratulations! M: Thank you, and we want to buy a new television. W: What kind of television do you want to buy? M: A color TV, of course, but I’m not sure about the size. Maybe we should buy a bigger one. If we buy a smaller one, we might have to change it in a few year’s time for a bigger one. That would be a waste of money. What is your opinion?W: In my opinion, I don’t think it’s necessary to buy a very big one. M: Any reason?W: As you know, your sitting room isn’t big enough. If you put in a very big television, that will be bad for your eyes, and a smaller size TV can also pick up good programs. M: Hmm, that’s quite true. I’ll think about it. W: You’d better make a quick decision because the price may go up now. Text 3W: Hey , Joe my dear , is there anything to eat? I’m starving.M: No, I thought there was a frozen pizza, but it’s gone…Hmm, why don’t we get take-out? W: Oh, OK , why don’t we get Chinese food? Wang’s is quick.M: Ok . What do you feel like having? W: I like garlic prawns.M: Garlic prawns? OK. And the beef with broccoli is always good. And some rice?W: Yeah, two orders of steamed rice…And how about some vegetables?M: I don’t care—fine. One serving of stir —fried vegetables. Anything else?W: No, that should do it.M: OK, I’ll call them.W: Good. Hey, and ask them to be quick—I’m really hungry.Text 4 W: How did you find the football match yesterday afternoon?M: Very exciting. The two teams both did very well in the match and it was really a close game. W: I like it very much, too. But I missed the first part of the match. M: What for?W: Someone knocked into my bike on the way and I fell off my bike. M: Did you hurt yourself?W: Yes, I hurt my left leg and it hurt a lot. So I couldn’ I had to walk slowly. M: How late were you for the match?W: When I got to the sports field, it was already three twenty. M: Oh, you were twenty minutes late. W: Yes. It was really a pity. Text 5 W: Fred, how is your knee today? Is it still giving you trouble?M: No, it feels a lot better today.W: Great. But why don’t you take it easy today? Stop doing running.M: OK. Do you have any news about Michigan and what we can expect in Saturday’s game?W: Yes, I have some films showing Michigan in the last three games. They’re in my office. If you want to see them after practice, you can.M: Oh, that would be great. I’d like to see what we are up against.W: Michigan has a strong team. You’re in for a tough team. They are one of the top football teams in the country now since they beat Maryland last weekend. Come to think of it, why don’t you go ahead and check out the game films right now. And just rest your knee this afternoon. I want you to be well in 3 days.M: All right. I’ll be back tomorrow afternoon for full practice.W: OK. Here’s the key to my office. The films are on my desk, and the projector is all set up.Text 6 M: Hey, Sarah, can you take care of things this afternoon?W: Sure. What’s up, Nick?M: I’ve got to go home and look after Mary.W: Mary? What’s the matter? Is she sick?M: No. She was downtown on West Street this afternoon and there was a robbery. I think it was one of those banks.W: Oh, that’s been happening a lot lately. Was Mary involved?M: Well, she saw the whole thing. Two guys robbed the bank, and then got into a gunfight with the police.W: Oh, my goodness! Was anyone hurt?M: Oh, one guy was shot and killed.W: Not one of the robbers?M: No, an innocent boy. He was just next to Mary. So you can see why she is upset.W: And these guys got away?M: Aha. Escaped in a passing taxi. They are probably in another country now.Text 7 Today Lucy, a clerk in a travel agency who is in charge of our winter outing next week came to our class. She came to collect our ideas of where to spend the winter outing. There are two places for us to choose from. And they are both in New York, a very interesting city. The first option is the Botanical Garden and the other one is the Adventure Park. The Botanical Garden is a museum of plants, an educational institution, and a scientific research organization. We can appreciate a lot of precious plants, trees and flowers there. Besides, the botanical garden has a huge pool for swimming and playing about. &For those who are interested in animals, the other place, the Adventure Park, is also a good choice. The Adventure Park hasn’t got a pool, but it has a big zoo. It has three shows daily, featuring whales, seals and dolphins. And we can also visit the River-walk, a wonderful canal that crosses the downtown. We can go boating, or walk along it. Along the way we can listen to music and eat many different kinds of food, mostly American, but also Italian and Chinese food. Most of us don’t like zoos because they hate seeing animals in cages. We have reached an agreement to go to the Botanical Garden. And we also have a good idea that when we go to the Botanical Garden, we can take a picnic. We’d rather take our own food and drinks for there are a lot of restaurants there but they are always so expensive. What a good idea! I think we’ll have a wonderful outing.
上一篇:上一个试题: 下一篇:下一个试题:

我要回帖

更多关于 给未来的自己写一封信 的文章

随机推荐