高三英语高三完形填空专项训练二题目 farther is day to celebrate the love

山东省淄博市2010届高三上学期期末考试(英语)doc--预览
试卷 教案 课件 搜索
试题搜索答案
☉禁止使用迅雷下载本站资源,如果不能下载请联系QQ:
☉如果遇到什么问题,可以加网站QQ群()
☉本站提供的资源仅供学习研究之用,任何涉及商业盈利目的均不得使用。
下载内容预览: 预览不包含图片,只是文字内容 ,需要完整资源请下载.
淄博市2010届高三上学期期末考试高三英语试题  本试卷分第I卷(选择题)和第II卷(非选择题)两部分;满分150分;考试时间120分钟。 第I 卷(共105分)注意事项:  1.答第I卷前,考生务必将自己的姓名、准考证号、考试科目涂写在答题卡上。  2.每小题选出答案后,用2B铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。如需改动,用橡皮擦干净后,再选涂其他答案标号。不能答在试卷上。第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分)  该部分分为第一、第二两节。注意:回答听力部分时,请先将答案标在试卷上。听力部分结束前,你将有两分钟的时间将你的答案转涂到客观题答题卡上。第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)  听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1. What is Andy? A. A student.
B. A parent.
C. A school teacher.2. Where was the man last weekend? A. In his sister's.
B. At home.
C. On 4th Street.3. What will the boy most probably be in the future? A. A lawyer.
B. A professor.
C. A businessman.4. Which of the following sentences about Tom is true? A. He is working in Canada now. B. He has come back from Canada. C. He went to Japan a few months ago.5. What did the man tell the woman? A. There is another cat like him. B. She has mistaken it for his dog. C. He never loosens his dog at all.第二节 (共15小题;每小题1.5分,
满分22.5分)  听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各小题,每小题5秒钟。听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。  听第6段材料,回答第6~8题。6. Who are the speakers?  A. A passer-by and a driver. B. A passer-by and a policeman. C. A passenger and a taxi-driver.7. What is the woman's house number? A. 1323.
C. 4023.8. Why can't the man turn left? A. It is rush hour. B. The street is narrow. C. It is a one-way street. 听第7段材料,回答第9~11题。9. Where did the man go this morning? A. His own garden.
B. A playground.
C. A park.10. What time did the man get up this morning?  A. 5:30.
C. 7:3011. What do we know about the man? A. He is a Chinese. B. He is a foreigner. C. He is from another city in China.  听第8段材料,回答第12~14题。12. What are the speakers going to do in the coming new year? A. To save money. B. To work harder.  C. To lose weight. 13. What did Henry do last year? A. He got a good job. B. He stopped smoking. C. He joined a health club.14. Who wants to have a nice vacation? A. Henry.
C. Jeff.  听第9段材料,回答第15~17题。15. What is NOT true about the man? A. Water is running down his leg. B. He cannot breathe well after a walk. C. He hasn't been sleeping well because of the pain.16. What has caused the trouble? A. The man doesn't know yet. B. He was burnt by boiling water. C. He has been losing sleep.17. What's the woman speaker's name? A. Doctor Cook.
B. Doctor Martin.
C. Not told.  听第10段材料,回答第18~20题。18. Who do you think the listeners might be? A. Nurses.
B. Doctors.
C. Patients.19. Which is NOT allowed in the wards? A. Having soft drinks. B. No visiting in the morning. C. Smoking in certain areas.20. What program will follow this radio talk? A. A music program.
B. A medical report.
C. Hospital rules.第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分35分)第一节 单项填空 语法与词汇(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)  从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。21. I'm your cousin, John. You don't have to go to ______ hotel. I can find you ______ bed in my apartment. A. /; a
D. the22. It's freezing cold outside. Put your coat on, _____________ you'll get cold. A. therefore
B. however
C. otherwise
D. yet23. The news __________ Ding Junhui won the UK Championship isn't surprising because he has the talent for snooker. A. which
D. when24. In fact, you _________ go outside at all. There's a supermarket just downstairs. A. couldn't
B. mustn't
C. needn't
D. shouldn't25. Never _________ he loved us children. But we knew. And we never said it to him. A. had he said
B. did he say
C. had said he
D. said he26. After so many days on the way, even Charles cheered up at the _____ of the food. A. look
D. appearance27. As you ________ the tasks, cross them off your list so you may feel less pressure. A. obtain
C. succeed
D. accomplish28. Jack is a common person, _______, I think, that will be found everywhere. A. whom
D. he29. Be sure to _______ making your decision. Let's see what'll happen next. A. hold on
B. hold off
C. hold up
D. hold back30. One of the boys kept laughing, ___________ annoyed Jane quite a lot. A. which
D. what31. But _____________ your opinion is right, I have to admit. New technology is changing the world every day. A. in no way
B. on the way
C. in a way
D. by the way
32. Any normal boy of his age would be _____________ with this game. A. common
B. familiar
C. similar
D. regular33. For further ____________, please write to the following address. A. information
B. message
D. knowledge34. Tom entered the room and made an apology to his father, ________ that it was all his fault. A. thinks
B. to think
C. thought
D. thinking35. -Oh, come on. Just ____________. Nothing can beat me.
-Well, to be frank, you should rewrite your essay. A. come to the point
B. take your time C. take your turn
D. don't hesitate 第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)  阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项。  We walked so quietly that the nurse at the desk didn't even lift her eyes from the book. Mum
to a big chair by the door and I knew she wanted me to have a
37 . While I watched, mouth
in surprise, mum took off her hat and coat and gave them to me to
. She walked
to the small room by the lift and
a wet mop. She pushed the mop
the desk and as the nurse looked up, mum nodded and said, "Very
floors."   "Yes. I'm glad they've finally decided to
them." The nurse said. She looked at mum __45
and said, "But aren't you working late?"  Mum just pushed harder,
swipe of the mop taking her farther and farther __47
the hall. I watched
I couldn't see her and the nurse had turned back to write in the big
.  After a long time mum came back. Her eyes were
. She rapidly put the mop back and took my hand. As we turned to go out of the door, mum nodded politely to the nurse and said, "Thank you."
, mum told me: "Dagmar is fine. No fever."
"You saw her, mum?"
. I told her about the hospital rules, and she will not
us until tomorrow. Dad will stop
as well. It's fine hospital. But such floors! A mop is no good. You need a
."36. A. turned
C. pointed
D. referred37. A. chat
C. discussion
D. conversation38. A. open
D. tight39. A. wear
D. hold40. A. quickly
B. quietly
C. suddenly
D. immediately41. A. took out
B. checked out
C. picked out
D. handed out42. A. through
D. past43. A. pretty
D. smooth44. A. change
C. abandon
D. clean45. A. strangely
B. straightly
C. seriously
D. rudely46. A. any
C. another
D. either47. A. up
C. against
D. down48. A. after
B. because
D. while49. A. desk
D. ward50. A. shining
B. tearful
C. surprising
D. doubtful51. A. However
B. Outside
C. Besides
D. Gradually52. A. No way
B. Not at all
C. Of course
D. With pleasure53. A. disturb
D. convince54. A. missing
B. attending
C. overworking D. worrying55. A. brush
D. spade第三部分: 阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)  阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中选出最佳选项。
A  After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. The other woman my wife wanted me to visit was my mother, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.  That Friday after work, when I arrived at her house, my mother waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary.   We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady.  During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of each other's life. We talked so much that we missed the movie.  As we arrived at her house later, she said, "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed.  A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do anything for her.  Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place Mother and I had dined. An attached note said: "I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I but, nevertheless, I paid for two plates-one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son."  At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: 'I love YOU' and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve.  Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till some "other" time. 56. From the passage we can see _________. A. the mother was happy to have dinner with her son B. the author doesn't like his work and his three children C. the author and his mother went to a high-class restaurant D. the author saw a movie with his mother after dinner57. What can we know about the author's mother according to the passage? A. She wanted to celebrate her last wedding anniversary.  B. She wanted to invite her son to have dinner again. C. She died of a massive heart attack very suddenly. D. She wrote a letter to tell her son about her illness.58. During the dinner, what did they talk about? A. Extraordinary things. B. Some national events. C. Each other's daily life. D. Movies and dishes.59. It can be inferred from the passage that_________. A. the author regretted for not showing much love to his mother B. the author was satisfied to do something for his mother C. the mother felt happy to pay for the bill in advance D. the mother was sorry for inviting her son to have dinner60. The author of the passage tends to agree that _________. A. family should be as important as work B. work is more important than family C. we can show our love till some other time D. we should spend more time with our family B  HAVANA (Reuters) - U.S., Cuban and Mexican scientists have drawn up plans for joint research in the Gulf of Mexico, in another sign of improvement in long-unfriendly U.S.-Cuba relations.  In a meeting in Havana this week, they agreed on collecting information about the Gulf, a body of water shared by the three countries but about which little cooperative research has been done in recent years.  "This is a logical, low-risk area in which to begin discussions with Cuba. It is without question in our common interest to share science and ideas on our shared resources like the Gulf of Mexico," Environmental Defense Fund senior official Dan Whittle said on Tuesday.  Whittle was among 30 Americans, 30 Cubans and six Mexicans at the meeting, held on Sunday and Monday ahead of an international meeting on ocean science this week in the Cuban capital.  "We're starting now to enter a new era of cooperation," said meeting organizer David Guggenheim, American marine scientist.  The plan assumes that U.S.-Cuba relations will continue to get better under President Barack Obama, who has said he wants to end five decades of bitterness between the two countries separated by just 90 miles of ocean.  He has initiated talks on migration and regain of postal service with Cuba and allowed Cuban Americans to travel and send money freely to their homeland.  But a general travel ban to Cuba for most Americans remains in effect, as does the United States' 47-year-long trade prohibition against the communist-led island.  There are also restrictions on travel of U.S. and Cuban academics between the two countries, although it has gotten easier under Obama to obtain permission, Guggenheim said.  Whittle said Obama needs to remove all obstacles for scientists to assure a "free flow of information" between the countries.  The plan of action calls for shared projects to track marine animals and to study such things as the effects of pollutants and climate change on coral reefs.  Cuba has rented out much of its offshore area for oil exploration, which when it begins will bring danger of oil spills(漏油)that computer models show would flow north to Florida.  "We need a dialogue to talk about coordinated emergency response. Everything points to the need for cooperation and communication, not continuation of a Cold War policy," Guggenheim said.
61. How is the relation between US and Cuba? A. They are getting on quite well with each other. B. The citizens in both countries are free to visit each other. C. The two countries' scientists cooperated well with each other. D. There are some improvements in relations between the two countries.62. The Gulf of Mexico _________. A. belongs to the Mexico alone B. is a body of water badly polluted C. has something to do with the three countries D. has been explored by the three countries together63. President Barack Obama _________. A. is for the present relation between US and Cuba  B. wants to set up a good relation between the two countries C. banned the American travelers from going to Cuba for a visit D. has got rid of 50 years of bitterness between the two countries64. What has little effect on coral reefs? A. Marine animals.
B. Climate change.
 C. Oil spills.
D. Pollutants.65. It is anything but _________ that can remove all obstacles for people or countries. A. dialogue
B. cooperation C. communication
D. Cold War policy  C  The more television that a three-year-old watches, the more likely he or she is to behave aggressively, according to a U.S. study.  Just having the TV on in the background, even if the child wasn't watching it, was also linked to aggressive behavior although the relationship wasn't as strong, said the researchers.  "Parents should be smart about TV use," researcher Jennifer Manganello from the University at Albany, State University of New York, told Reuters Health. "They should limit the time that children use TV, pay attention to the content of TV programs, and consider how TV is used throughout the home."  The study looked at 3,128 women from 20 U.S. cities who had a child between 1998 and 2000. While there was some diversity of education among the study participants, one-third hadn't graduated from high school.  Two-thirds of the mothers said their three-year-old watched more than two hours of TV a day, and the average viewing time for children was around three hours. On average, the TV was on for about five additional hours on a typical day.  After accounting for factors known to be associated with aggressive behavior, such as living in a violent neighborhood or having a mother who suffers from depression, TV watching and household TV time were both still significantly associated with aggressive behavior, such as hitting others, having angry moods, being disobedient, and screaming a lot.  The American Academy of Pediatrics(小儿科)recommends no TV at all for children two and younger, and two hours a day or less for older kids, lead researcher Jennifer Manganello and her team from the Tulane University School of Public Health noted in their report.66. According to Jennifer, parents should do the following EXCEPT __________.
A. limit the time that children use TV
B. never allow the children to watch TV C. pay attention to the content of TV programs
D. consider how TV is used throughout the home67. Among the study participants about _________ hadn't graduated from high school.
D. 280068. The underlined word "diversity" in the fourth paragraph most probably means _____.
A. majority
C. variety
D. popularity69. It can be inferred from the passage that parents ____________.
A. are recommended to suffer from depression
B. are encouraged to live in a violent neighborhood
C. are supposed to teach their kids to hit other kids
D. are advised to spend more time with their kids70. What would be the best title of the passage?
A. Watching TV makes kids' life colorful
B. TV exposure likely to make children aggressive
C. How kids can behave appropriately by watching TV
D. How kids can get rid of bad habits from an early ageD   COPENHAGEN-The world is gathered in Copenhagen for the U.N. climate summit, but Denmark's bicycle-friendly capital has also given its name to a movement of cities trying to find a kinder way to commute.  Nearly 40 percent of Copenhagen's population cycle to work or school on ubiquitous(无处不在的) paved cycle paths. Many residents take to their bikes year-round, braving rain and snow through the winter in a city where the bicycles outnumber the people.  Amsterdam and Beijing too are known for their bicycles, but the Danish capital is where urban planners from around the world have been looking for ways to get their people out of cars and up onto bikes, an effort known as Copenhagenisation.  Klaus Bondam, Copenhagen's technical and environmental chief, calls himself a "mega cyclist" and says the bike's popularity stems partly from high taxes on cars which meant working-class Danes could not afford to drive in the 1930s and '40s. "Today you'll meet everybody on the bicycle lanes --- women and men, rich and poor, old and young," Bondam said.  The local government has during the last three years invested more than 250 million crowns ($49.42 million) in bicycle lanes and to make the traffic safer for bicyclists. Today around a third of the population drive cars to work or study, another third take public transport, while 37 percent cycle -- a figure the city aims to boost to 50 percent by 2015.  There are many benefits when citizens choose bicycles over cars: pollution and noise decline, public health improves, and more people on bikes or walking creates a sense of safety in the city. Fewer parked cars leaves more space for playgrounds, parks, shopping areas and other useful public places.71. According to the first paragraph, Copenhagen is better known as __________.
A. a city without cars
B. a bicycle-friendly city C. Denmark's capital
D. the U.N. climate summit72. We can learn from the second and the third paragraph, _________. A. there is no path for cars during rainy and snowy days B. citizens are limited to have only one bike for each person C. two-thirds of people in Copenhagen cycle to work or school D. city planners try their best to encourage more citizens to ride bikes73. Bikes are popular in Copenhagen partly because __________.
A. the citizens are unable to afford to buy a car B. the rich tend to keep fit by cycling to work
C. young people regard cycling a fashion to follow
D. high taxes were paid for cars in the 1930s and '40s74. Which of the following is NOT the benefit of cycling? A. Saving time on the road. B. Declining pollution and noise. C. Improving public health. D. Creating safety in the city.75. We can learn from the passage that ___________. A. cars are forbidden to park in Copenhagen B. more citizens tend to choose cars in Copenhagen
C. Copenhagen becomes a model for cities' traffic
D. living standards in Copenhagen are greatly declining  高三英语试题第II 卷(共45分)注意事项:  1. 用黑色或蓝色钢笔、圆珠笔直接答在试卷上。  2. 答卷前将密封线内的项目填写清楚。第四部分:书面表达(共两节,满分45分)得分
评卷人
第一节 阅读表达(共5小题;每小题3分,满分15分)  阅读下面的短文,并根据短文后的要求答题(请注意问题后的字数要求)。  [1] It was one of the happiest times of my life. I was 29 and had just received my bachelor's degree, graduating with honors despite working two jobs and being a wife and mother. My parents and five-year-old son were in the audience when I walked onto the stage at Ashland University to get my diploma. I was so excited and proud to be starting a teaching career and contributing more to my family's well-being.  [2] But when I got home that evening, there was a note from my husband written on the back of an envelope. It basically said he'd come to get his clothes and wouldn't be back. We'd been having trouble, but the note still ____________________. He had emptied our bank account. We were horribly in debt. I had quit my previous jobs because of an interview for a teaching position. Plus, I was eight months pregnant.   [3] Most young women have an idealized picture of the happy-go-lucky life they're going to live. But no one ever sits you down and says that's not reality, and sometimes life is just ugly. I was embarrassed, scared, and angry and felt I had failed.  [4] But I had my son, and I was about to bring a new life into the world, so despite my deep sadness, I had to go on. The next morning, I woke up, put my feet on the floor, took a deep breath, fixed breakfast, and basically did everything I always did. One small step after one small step was the way I bounced back.   [5] And in the seven years since, I've continued moving forward. I got a job as a kindergarten teacher, earned a master's degree in education, and watched my babies grow to 12 and seven. It helped me find my voice and myself and helped me grow independent, confident, and strong.  76. What's the main idea of this passage? (Please answer within 15 words)_______________________________________________________________________77. Which sentence(s) in this passage could be replaced by the following one?   "With time going on little by little, I recovered from my deep sadness."________________________________________________________________________78. Fill in the blank in the second paragraph with proper words to complete the sentence. (Please answer within 10 words)
79. What's your opinion about what the writer wants to tell us in this passage? (Please answer within 30 words)________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________80. Translate the underlined sentence in the last paragraph into Chinese.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________得分
评卷人
第二节:写作(满分30分)
假如你叫李华,是《二十一世纪英文报·中学生版》的一名编辑,最近收到很多中学生读者的来信,咨询如何提高学习成绩。请你写一封120词左右的回信,刊登在报纸上回复广大读者,信的内容如下(信的开头已给出,不计入总词数):  1.好的学习习惯是提高学习成绩最关键的因素之一;  2.在学习中选择合适的环境,注意听课、及时复习、认真做笔记等;  3.鼓励中学生朋友树立信心。Dear readers,  I'm very glad to receive your letters and it's my great honour to reply to you.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________淄博市2010届高三上学期期末考试高三英语参考答案第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分)1-5 ABCBB
6-10 CBACA
11-15 BCBCA
16-20 ACCBA第二部分:英语知识运用 (共两节,满分35分)第一节 单项填空 语法与词汇(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)21-25 CCBCB  26-30 BDCBA
31-35 CBADA第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)36-40 CBADB
41-45 ADCDA
46-50 BDCCA
51-55 BCBDA第三部分: 阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)56-60 ACCAD
61-65 DCBAD
66-70 BACDB
71-75 BDDAC第四部分:书面表达(共两节,满分45分)第一节 阅读表达(共5小题;每小题3分,满分15分)76. Knowing how to deal with failure can be the first step to success. / Knowing how to deal with failure is very important.77. One small step after one small step was the way I bounced back.78. astonished me/ surprised me/ came as a shock79. It is impossible to live without failing at something. Tasting failure is painful, but in the bitterness that accompanies failure are often lessons worth enjoying.80. 是失败帮助我发现了自己的价值,发现了自我,也帮我变得独立、自信和坚强。第二节 写作(满分30分)Dear readers,  I'm very glad to receive your letters and it's my great honour to reply to you.  In my opinion, forming good study habits is one of the most crucial factors to improve your grades, because when you have good habits, you will learn things in efficiency.   Here are some suggestions for you. To begin with, find a quiet place to study, like your bedroom or school library, which will help you concentrate on the subject and learn efficiently. Besides, before you begin to study, do not forget to clean your desk. Otherwise, you will feel tired easily if there is much mess. Next, make good use of your time in class. Listening to what the teacher says in class means less work later. Finally, regular revision leads to improved performance on tests. Go over your notes as soon as you can after class and preview the points that the teacher will teach the next day.  Be full of confidence and do it right now. I am sure all of you will make great progress soon.  Best wishes!
Yours sincerely,
Li Hua听力原文Text 1M: Mary, Andy has sent us an E-mail.W: Really? When will he be back for a holiday?M: Well, he hasn't mentioned it yet, but he says he will have finished all the exams by next weekend. Right now he is getting ready fro them.Text 2W: I thought you were going to see your sister on 4th Street last weekend before you left for London.M: I intended to, but at the last minute she called me to say that last weekend was inconvenient. So I stayed at home together with my family.Text 3M: My father does a lot of business and travels a lot. I like his job.W: Are you going to study International Business at university, then?M: I have not made up my mind yet, but very probably, yes.Text 4W: Is that you, Tom? We haven't seen each other for ages. What have you been doing all these years?M: Oh, it's you, Lucy. I haven't seen you in a million years. I actually worked abroad for a few months and I've just returned from Canada. How are things with you?W: Everything is fine, except that we have been missing you.Text 5W: Is that your dog? He's been digging up my flowers and chasing my cat.M: It is my dog, but you must be mistaken. We keep it in the house all the time, except when we walk him in the park. There must be another dog that looks like him.Text 6W: Excuse me, but I think you've made a wrong turn. You were supposed to turn left on Wilson Boulevard.M: Oh, I am sorry. Didn't you say 1323 Wilson?W: No, 3023. It is OK though. You don't have to take me there. I can walk from here.M: Why don't I just make a U-turn there? It's a one- see the sign up ahead. Maybe if I turn left here, I can come down the next street.W: We can't do that during rush hour really, though it won't be much trouble. Sometimes one can wait 30 minutes for a taxi, so I'm happy to get this close.M: 30 minutes! I've been riding around all day looking for passengers.Text 7M: Guess where I went this morning. I went to the park at 5:30.W: You got up so early. Did you have a good time?M: Yes. It was the first time for me to go to the park early in the morning. And I saw many people, especially old people doing morning exercises.W: What exercises were they doing?M: They call it Taijiquan.W: Oh, it's a national sport.M: Yes. Every day a lot of people practice it in the early morning in a park, on a playground by a river or along the roadside. In my country, jogging is the most popular sport.Text 8M: Hi, Alice, have you made any New Year's resolution?W: Just the usual. I'd like to lose some weight, and I want to save some money.M: Come on! Everybody makes these resolutions.W: I know, Henry. Well, I hope I'll get a good job after I graduate this summer, but that's not a resolution. I'm going to work harder. How about you?M: Hmm. I stopped smoking last June. That was last year's promise to myself.W: So what do you want to do this year?M: I want to start getting more exercises. I have to lose weight, so I'd like to join a health club.W: I'd like to, too. Jeff told me he'd like to treat himself to a really nice vacation.M: Oh? Where did he think he would go?W: He might go to a quiet beach in Mexico, or go fishing in Canada. He hasn't made up his mind yet.Text 9W: Now, Mr. Martin. I've just read your own doctor's report. So you haven't been feeling very well lately? Is that right?M: It's like ... like boiling water running down my leg. It's been getting worse lately, too. I've been losing sleep.W: You mean the pain's been keeping you awake?M: Yes, that's right. It's been keeping me awake.W: Now, tell me, how long have you had this trouble?M: The pain? For about a year now.W: Hmm... Have you been getting tired lately after you have a walk? For example, have you been getting a bit short of breath, perhaps?M: Why, yes! Yes, I have, doctor!W: Hmm... I think we'd better give you a few tests here in hospital.M: Do you think it's serious, doctor?W: Probably not.M: But ... Doctor Cook, my local doctor, thinks it's only that I've been working too hard lately.W: That could be the reason. Don't worry. We'll find out soon.Text 10  Hello, listeners. Welcome to Hengtong Hospital Radio. Before our music program at four, I'm going to repeat some of our hospital rules.  The hospital can sleep 800 patients. There are on average 8 beds in one ward. The visiting hours are in the afternoon from 2:30 to 3:30 and in the evening from 7:00 to 8:00. But remember only two people can see you at the same time. Sorry about that, but you can imagine what would happen if we didn't have these rules.  The other rules are about our hours. W you might not be used to that. We wake you at 6 o'clock, and breakfast is at 8 o'clock, there's tea at 3:30 and supper is at 6 o'clock.  You can see the no smoking sign-we don't allow smoking in the wards, and the same goes for alcoholic drinks. I'm sure you understand why. However, if you do need to smoke, there are special areas where it is allowed. You will find the radio switch on the wall near your bed, with your own headphones, if you want to listen. It is our hospital radio wishing you a speedy recovery.???????? 永久免费组卷搜题网 永久免费组卷搜题网
永久免费在线组卷
永久免费在线测试
可圈可点教案下载
免费观看教学视频

我要回帖

更多关于 英语完形填空解题技巧 的文章

随机推荐