3.When will the man meet the woman?
A.At 5:20
B.At 5:30
C.At 5:40
4.What does the man mean?
A.He wants to go for a picnic.
B.He doesn’t like the woman’s plan。
C.He is too busy to help the woman。
5.Where does this conversation most probably take place?
A.At the cinema B.On the street C.At home
第二节(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答6、7题。
6.Where are probably Aunt Mary and Jim now?
A.At their home
B.On the way
C.In the kitchen
7.What is new with Jim?
A.He has moved away
B.He has grown much fatter
C.He has grown much taller
听第7段材料,回答8至10题。
8.What are the two speakers talking about?
A.Their summer holiday
B.Their family life
C.Their holiday plan
9.How many people did the woman go camping with?
10.Why didn’t the woman like her camping experience?
A.Because it was too dangerous
B.Because it was too tiring
C.Because it was noisy
听第8段材料,回答11至13题。
11.How long has not the man smoked for?
A.One week
B.Two weeks
C.Two months
12.What made the man decide to give up smoking?
A.That he learnt smoking harmed his health.
B.That his wife hated it when he smoked.
C.That his wife is having a baby now.
13.What does the woman think of smoking?
A.It helps people relax
B.It harms people’s health
C.It makes men look cool.
听第9段材料,回答14至17题。
14.Where is probably David Lee now?
A.In the classroom
B.On the playground
C.In the library
15.What do we know about David Lee?
A.He studies hard for a scholarship
B.He is from a rich family
C.He is an American
16.What does David Lee usually do on the weekend?
A.Works in a fast food restaurant.
B.Goes to take care of some kids.
C.Teaches some kids Chinese.
17.What does the man want to do?
A.To pay a visit to China
B.To travel with the woman
C.To study together with David Lee
听第10段材料,回答18至20题。
18.How many problems does the speaker mention in total?
What is the second problem mentioned by the speaker?
A.That he did not like American food
B.That people looked down upon him
C.That he could not make any friends.
20.What do we know about the speaker now?
A.He does not think American people are friendly
B.He stayed in America for only two months
C.He has got used to his life in America.
第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节 单项选择 (共15小题,每小题1分,满分15分)
21.Students should be encouraged to use ___ Internet as ___ resource.
C. the, the
22.They were ___people. After a while, I was ___talking to them.
A. boring, boring
B. bored, bored
C. bored, boring
D. boring, bored
23. Jane was a very smart young girl, so she was quite used to her friends___ their admiration for her.
C. showing
24. --- Tom had a good time at the party.
---____ , and ___
A. So he had, so did I
B. So had he, so I did
C. So he did, so did I
D. So did he, so I did
25. This is the third time we ___a film in the cinema.
B. had seen
D. have seen
26. Mr.Black ___Shanghai in a few days. Do you know when the earliest plane ___ on Sunday?
A. leaves, takes off
B. is leaving, takes off
C. is leaving, is taking off D. leaves, is taking off
27.?Would you ple.ase give me a hand and take the bookcase upstairs?
A. With pleasure
B. My pleasure
C. Of course I do
D. Yes, thatd’s all right
28. The thief___ into a new house last night, which ___my grandpa.
A. broke, is belonging to
B. broke, belongs to
C. put, is belonging to
D. put, belongs to
29. The ___on his face told me that he was angry.
A. impression B. sight
C. appearance
D. expression
30. Mr.White, as well as his wife and children, ___boating on the lake every Sunday afternoon in summer.
B. is going
D. are going
31. ___, the old man could buy nothing.
A. With his money to steal
B. With his money stolen
C. With his money stealing
D.With his money having stolen
32. It was in the hotel ___ he stayed ___he was caught.
A. that, that B. that, where
C. where, that
D.where, which
33. He’s considered ___ a poor teacher and he’s considering ___ his job.
A. to be, to quit
B. being, quitting
C. being, to quit
D. to be, quitting
34. ---The last one ___pays the meal.
---Agreed.
B. arrives
C. to arrive
D. arriving
35. After the long journey, the three of them went back home,___
A. hungry and tiredly
B. hungry and tired
C. hungrily and tiredly
D. hungrily and tired
第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)The only thing they were worried about was_36__their happiness would last forever.
An old man told them,“_37__around the world and look for the happiest_38__.Ask them for a piece of cloth _39_the man’s shirt. Then you will stay __40_.”
They began their journey to _41_the happiest couple. Whenever they heard about a happy couple, they would ask them,揂re you the happiest couple?p”
They replied,揧es, we are happy in _42__way except that we don,’t have any child.” Actually they were not the happiest so the couple__43_ their journey. They met another couple in a city._44__they were happy, they had lots of children, which made them uncomfortable.
This couple didn’t 45___like the happiest, either. They continued travelling to many different places_46__they just couldn’t find what they were _47__.
One day, they met a shepherd(牧羊人). His 48___was looking after a crying child. The young couple asked them the same question. They
49___,“Everybody is happier than the king .” The young couple
immediately 50___that they were the happiest couple and asked for a piece of cloth from the shepherd’s 51___. The shepherd said,?If I give you the cloth then I will be 52___without any clothes because I only have one shirt.
They then 53___that it was difficult to find perfect happiness. The wife then said,揑tt’s important to 54___two things if we want to be happy. First, we should be 55___with whatever we have. And second, we must always be patient.”
36. A. why
C. whether
37. A.Travel
38. A. man
39. A. from
40. A. young
B. beautiful C. happy
41. A. find
42. A.either
B. another
43. A. stopped
C. dropped
D. continued
44. A. Although
45. A.want
C. because
47. A.looking for
B.looking at
C.thinking about
D.waiting for
48. A.daughter
49. A.cried
C.answered
D. received
B.realized
51. A.shoes
C.trousers
52. A. left
53. A.insisted
B.suggested
D.understood
54. A.forget
B.remember
C.recognize
55. A.careful
B.satisfied
C.peaceful
第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题:每小题2分,满分40分)
第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)He stood out because the kids made fun of him. He was missing one of his fingers, and always pointed at students with his middle finger.
I was not very good at English and math. No matter how hard I tried, I just could not know why I did not understand what all the other kids found so easy to learn.
One day, I was told that if I got one more E on my report card, I would be taken to the “big prison for kids”.
I tried really hard for weeks. I just couldn’t understand how to make different parts of numbers into whole things.
The day before report cards were to come out, I knew that Mr Young would give me an E, just like he always did.
I went to Mr.Young and told him that the orphanage(孤儿院) was going to send me to the big prison if I got another E on my report card. He told me there was it would be unfair to the other kids if he gave me a better grade than I had actually earned. I smiled at him and said,揗r Young, do you know how
the kids make fun of you because you’re missing your finger?”
He looked at me, moved his mouth to one side and said nothing.
“They shouldn’t do that to you because you can’t help not having a finger, Mr Young. Just like I can’t help not being able to learn numbers and stuff like that,” I said.
The next day, when I got my report card, I tucked it into one of my books. While on the school bus, I opened it: Geography, B+; Mechanical Drawing,C-; English, D-; History,C-; Gym,B+; Art, C; Math,D-
That math grade was the most favorite one I ever received. Because I knew that someone in the world finally understood what it was like for me to be missing a finger inside my head.
56. Where may the boy live according to the passage?
A. In an orphanage.
B. In a big prison
C. In the school dormitory
D. In his home.
57. What grade should the boy have got in the math test this time?
58. The underlined word “tucked” in the passage most probably means “___”
59. The reason why the boy remembers Mr Young is that ___
A. he missed one of his fingers
B. he treated his students very well
C. he understood the boy
D. he taught his students in a special way
Setting off fireworks(烟花) is usually a pleasure for many teenagers. Even though this is not legal in many areas, some will still find a way to get fireworks and have themselves a little celebration.
You may know some teenagers that use fireworks in other manners, such as a try to set fire to buildings. This can result in some serious legal problems. Not only is it not legal to have the fireworks, but the teenagers will also be charged with the damage to buildings. You may think it’s all fun, but it’s dangerous for others as well as for your future.
Setting off fireworks is dangerous especially when you don’t know how to set off fireworks. Teenagers that don’t know about the proper way to set off fireworks could end up in a lot of trouble. If something goes wrong, bodily harm can happen. It is possible for fireworks not to get off correctly and explode on the ground. If the teenager is too close, he could suffer some serious physical injuries.
Teenagers can also cause a lot of harm to others who are in the same area as the fireworks. When teenagers do not know how to correctly deal with lighting fireworks, they will place a lot of people in harm’s way. Many teenagers that were present for the fireworks show have been injured by a firework that was lit by another teenager.
It is very common for teenagers with fireworks to set fire to nearby things, such as trees and buildings. This is why teenagers should always be supervised by an adult. Though they may seem fun and harmless, fireworks can actually cause a lot of damage if they are not dealt with correctly. It is common for teenagers to get into a lot of trouble for simply having fireworks, even if they are not caught setting them off. In addition to personal safety, the safety of surrounding things should always be considered.
60. If teenagers damage buildings with fireworks, they will____
A. have themselves a little celebration
B. hurt themselves and be in danger too
C. be charged with the damage
D. be punished by their parents
Giant pandas are now extremely rare. Their number is less than 1,000 in the wild. The hunting of pandas has been banned for many years, so this is not the problem. Destruction of its habitat, when areas are cleared for growing crops, is one of the main reasons for panda’s decline(下降). Another reason is that the bamboo on which they mainly feed, is dying back. The pandas find it difficult to move to new feeding areas. As the bamboo disappears, the pandas simply starve to death.
Bamboo is a poor source of food, and pandas have to eat up 45kg of it every day, a process that takes them up to 16 hours. The process goes on day and night, with the pandas in a constant cycle of eating for eight hours and sleeping for four. They can eat other foods, but will rather starve than change their diet when bamboo is scarce.
Giant pandas are very good climbers, and use this skill to escape from the enemy. The giant panda lives alone for most of its life, only coming together with another of its species for long enough to mate. A newborn panda baby is born hairless and blind, is about 15cm long and weighs only 100g. The baby will stay with its mother for about 18 months, until it is able to set up its own territory(地域)
Chinese and American scientists are studying giant pandas and their habits in order to put in place a major conservation(保护)programme. Zoos around the world are taking part in panda breeding(饲养)programmes. There is still hope that with human’s help, the giant panda can survive in the wild.
63. How many reasons for the decline of pandas are mentioned in the first paragraph?
64. How much bamboo does a panda eat every year?
A. Nearly 3 tons
B. Nearly 2 tons
C. Almost 1 ton
D. A half ton
65. According to the text, a panda ___.
A. goes out looking for food in pairs
B. spends two thirds of its time eating
C. won’t eat other plants than bamboo
D. may eat bamboo constantly for 16 hours
66. What can we learn from the text?
A. A baby panda can see anything when born
B. A newly-born panda is about 200g in weight
C. Pandas can escape from enemy because of their skill of climbing.
D. A baby panda will leave its mother before it is one and a half years old
Nickname(昵称): Hawaii’s Island of Adventure
Size: 4,028 square miles
Population: 148,677. The most heavily populated areas are Hilo on the east side and Kailuakona on the west.
Temperature: Averages between 71℉and 77℉year around—expect the mercury(水银柱) to drop at higher heights.
Beaches: 47
Golf Courts: 20
Highest Peak: Mauna Kea, 13,796 feet.
Agriculture: The bulk(主体) of Hawaii’s farming products are grown and processed on the Big Island, including coffee, macadamia nuts and papaya.
Lodging: 9,655 nightly rates rang from $ 35 to $5,000
Airports: Hilo International Airport on the east side and Kona International Airport on the west side.
Rental cars: All of the nationally known rental car companies have locations at Hilo International and Kona International Airports as well as many resorts. In addition, Hilo, Kona and the major resort areas are serviced by taxis.
Resources: Call (800) 648-2441 to order a video, a poster, brochures(小册子) and maps from the Big Island Visitors Bureau. Turn to www.bigisland.org for updated information.
Shopping: The largest shopping centers are in Hilo, Kona, Waimea and the Kona Coast.
67. The average population per square mile on the island is about ___
68. The underlined part “expect the mercury(水银柱) to drop at higher heights” means ____
A. things are easy to lose weight at higher places
B. dropping things from higher places is expected
C. temperature is expected to be higher at higher places
D. temperature is expected to be lower at higher places
69.___are not mentioned as a traffic means to get around the Big Island.
A . Trains
C. Rental cars
70. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?
A. You can turn to www.bigisland. org for updated information
B. You can call (800) 648-2441 to order some food.
C. You can find some courts to play tennis on the island.
D. You may pay a high price for spending one night on the island.
第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
People all need friends because nobody wants to be lonely and a friend can help you in good and bad times. _ _71_ _ Here are some signs to tell you if your friend is a true friend.
Always honest
Honest is important to keep a relationship alive. A true friend always tells you the truth. _
72___. It is important that your friend speaks honestly and never makes up stories.
Always there for you
There are always periods in your life when you have problems or difficulties. _
73___. It may not be able to offer a solution to your problems but the fact that your friend makes time to listen is a sign he/she cares for you. Your friend is not a true friend if he /she can never make time for you when you are in trouble. You also need to be reasonable and accept that your friend has other things to do so he/she cannot always listen immediately to your problems.
Always respectful
74___. Your true friend may disagree but never insists that he/she is correct.
Always understanding
75___. A true friend will always be forgiving and understanding, even if it isn’t his/her fault. We are all different people and we all make mistakes. A true friend will always be forgiving and understanding because he/she doesn’t take the risk of losing his/her best friend.
A. Everyone likes to make friends.
B. Sometimes a good friend will turn against you.
C. It may be hard sometimes but lying can destroy a friendship.
D. It is possible that some problems will arise between you and your friend.
E. A true friend will always have time to listen to your problems and give advice.
F. A true friend will always respect your opinions no matter whether he/she agrees or not.
G. You’ve made friends since childhood, but you still don’t
know who your true friends are.
第Ⅱ卷(共45分)
第四部分: 填入空白处所缺单词(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
76.The n___ temperature of a human being is about 37℃
77.Her father was a quiet man with g___ manners.
78.When you heat a metal, it e___.
79.The color blue is t___ connected with sadness.
80.Beethoven became deaf, but he continued c____.
81.The ___(观众) enjoyed every minute of the performance.
82.We sent our ___(祝贺) to him on his passing the driving test.
83.He has an ___(面试)next week.
84.The man ___ (朝…射击) at the bird, but he missed it.
85.They finally went ____(登机) the plane.
第五部分:写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(^),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词
2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
Basketball is popular with young students at school. These days we are exciting about the basketball matches between the classes in their grade. We have chosen our players careful and practiced a lot after school every day. We had also organized a cheer team, who have prepared dances and slogans(口号) to cheer we up. In short, we have done many things for the matches. Though we don’t have good player and we are not quite skillful, we all believe that we can do well but win. Whatever the result it is, the most important thing are that we are working hard and enjoying ourselves. We are looking forward the coming matches.
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)
假如你叫周凯,你的美国笔友Paul给你发来一封电子邮件,在邮件中Paul询问在中国关于吸烟的情况。请你给Paul回一封邮件,内容如下:
中国大部分人已经认识到吸烟的危害,越来越多的人已经开始戒烟;
中国已经通过了在公共场所禁止吸烟的法律,并有多种标志提醒人们不要吸烟;
希望政府采取措施帮助人们戒烟。
要求:1. 邮件需包括全部要点;
2.词数100个左右;
可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。
M:I like your new book,especially the ending.
W:Thanks.It sells well.I hope it will be adapted for a movie.
M:I am really hungry now.
W:Me,too.Let us go to find a good place to eat,and then go to the post office.
W:It is already twenty past five.Are you sure you can meet in ten minutes?
M:Sorry. I need ten more minutes。
W:Could you help me put the CDs back into the drawer?
M:I am planning a picnic for this weekend。
M:Great!I have not gone out for days
W: Mom has been busy in the kitchen for an hour. Is she preparing a big dinner?
M: Yes. Aunt Mary is coming with Jim. They’ll get there any minute now
W: I haven’t seen Jim for a year since he moved away with Aunt Mary. He is such a lovely little boy.
M: He is much taller now.
W: Really? How can he grow much taller in a year’s time?
M; You know kids grow fast. I hope you won’t be surprised.
W: Did you enjoy your time together with your family this summer?
M: Yes. We went to Italy. It is such a beautiful country. Where did you send your holiday?
W: I went camping with Mike, Tom and his sister Ann.
M: Did you have a good time ?
W: Not so good. There were so many people camping there. It was noisy.
M: Why didn’t you go somewhere quiet?
W: Because Ann was afraid it would be dangerous to camp alone.
M: That’s true.
W: I haven’t seen you smoke for days. Have you quit?
M : Yes. I gave up smoking two weeks ago.
W : What made you break this habit? Didn’t you like smoking?
M : I did like smoking. It made me relaxed and looked cool. But I can’t do it any more. Lucy is having a baby now. I want her to stay away from the second—hand smoke.
W: As a husband, you did something right. Smoking harms not only your health but also Lucy’s and your baby’s.
M: You can’t be more right.
W : So will you smoke again after the baby is born?
M : No. I have promised I will never smoke again.
W : That’s great. We all hated it when you smoked.
M : I knew that.
M: Do you know where David Lee is?
W: I came across him when he was entering the library.
M : He studies very hard.
W : So he does. He is from a small town in China. His family is not rich, so he wants to get a scholarship.
M : I heard he works in his free time. Is that true?
W: Yes. He does two part-time jobs. He works in a fast food restaurant at night from Monday to Friday. He teaches some kids Chinese on the weekend.
M: He must feel very tired.
W: I don’t think so. He seems full of energy every day. It was his dream to study in the US. He has made his dream come true, so he is happy every day.
M: It’s good to have a dream. Does he go back home during the holidays?
W: No, he works here during holidays.
M: What a pity!
M: I want to pay a visit to china. If he goes back, I can go together with him.
W: Perhaps he’ll like this idea.
Like most people I have had problems since I arrived in America.
Food was my first big problem. In the first two weeks, I thought I would die of hunger. My stomach seemed that it couldn’t wait to have dinner. I felt that I was hungry the whole day. Besides, the food here was completely different from Brazilian food. It tasted really strange in the beginning.
My second trouble was about making new friends. I didn’t speak English well. So it was hard for me to make friends. I felt scared of talking to other people. I was afraid that people would think I was stupid because I couldn’t understand them. Without friends, I often felt lonely.
Another problem was homesickness. I can remember that sometimes I thought that Brazilian food was better than American food, Brazilian people were friendlier, and so on. Many times I wanted to go back home.
My first two months in America seemed the longest in my whole life. But I often encouraged myself. Every night, for two months, I told myself that this was just a short period of time, and I could do it. It worked. I overcame all these problems. I made new friends. They help me when I am sad. I still miss my family and friends in Brazil, but I don’t think any more about going home before I finish my study here.
阅读理解 56-59
63-66 CBBC
67-70 CDAA
七选五 71-75 GCEFD
单词拼写 76. normal
77.graceful 78. expands 79. posing
81. audience 82. congratulations 83. interview 84. shot 85. aboard
短文改错:1. 第二句 :exciting改为excited
第二句: their 改为our
3. 第三句 : careful改为 carefully
4. 第四句:had改为have
5. 第四句:
6. 第六句:player
改为players
7.第六句:
but 改为 and
8. 第七句:
9.第七句:
are改为 is
10. 第八句: forward 后加 to
书面表达:
Dear Paul,
Glad to hear from you. I have learned that you want to know something about smoking in our country and I’d like to answer all your questions.
As far as I am concerned, more and more people have realized smoking does great harm to health, and causes a variety of diseases. As a result, they have made up their minds to give up smoking.
Fortunately, we have passed a law which forbids people to smoke in public places, and there are signs reminding people to limit smoking in public. I am sure our government will take measures to help people to do so.
That’s all I know about smoking in our country. Hoping that it will be helpful to you. Keep in touch and best wishes!
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
其他相关资源
友情链接:
客服总机:400-606-99777 业务传真:010- 客服邮箱:Copyright &2006 - 2015 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号

我要回帖

更多关于 英语专业论文题目 的文章

随机推荐