Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 23 Nov, 2011
Selected by Penny Arcade for PAX East 2010 Boston Indie Showcase
ModDB 2009 Editor's Choice Indie Game of the Year
Finalist, Indie Game Challenge 2010
Buy AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
About This Game
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome is a semi-sequel to Dejobaan's award-winning 2009 title, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! -- A Reckless Disregard for Gravity. The new game brings you 82 remastered levels from the original and 43 brand new ones that are twice as fast!
Finalist, IGF 2010 Excellence in Design
Selected by Penny Arcade for PAX East 2010 Boston Indie Showcase
ModDB 2009 Editor's Choice Indie Game of the Year
Finalist, Indie Game Challenge 2010
Aaaaa! took place in an alternate 2011, where BASE jumpers leapt from the skies and executed stunts around the floating buildings of Upper Boston. This semi-sequel picks up six years later -- the sport's been outlawed, and you're jumping as a form of protest. High in Earth's stratosphere, you'll thread a path through the rotating blades of enormous wind turbines. Elsewhere in the solar system, you'll dodge asteroids above seas of lava, spray graffiti onto lunar government offices, and flip off Ganymede colonists -- all in the name of peaceful protest.
At its heart, Awesome is all about speed. With your new wingsuit, you'll dive (and die) twice as fast, descending through hovering cities over Earth and beyond. The fastest jumps now offer checkpoints, so if you mash your brains against extraterrestrial rock, you can rewind time and execute the perfect dodge instead. All this is wrapped up in shiny new graphics -- rebuilt from the ground up, the semi-sequel brings you a new lighting system and fancy shader effects (which, let's face it, the AAA studios had a few years back, but bloom, shadows, and depth of field are all new for Aaaaa!).
82 remastered levels from the award-winning original
43 new levels around Earth, Luna, and Ganymede with a new, faster wingsuit
Hug terrain, kiss concrete, and thread the needle for points
Get bear hugs, slice netting, and hit invulnerability plates for wanton destruction
Give your fans the thumbs-up for points or annoy protesters with rude gestures
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Processor: Dual Core
Memory: 1GB
Hard Disk Space: 2GB
Video Card: 3D card with 512MB
DirectX(R): 9.0c+
VR Support: Oculus Rift (DK2 Only)
OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
Hard Disk Space:
Video Card: 3D card with 512MB
Hard Disk Space: 2GB
Video Card: Video card with 512mb of memory
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Mostly Positive
(849 reviews)
The tutorials do a very poor job of explaining the controls. The game is kind of fun, but very repetitive.
They said I wouldn't get a cute girlfriend so I jumped off a skyscraper and started hugging and kissing buildings instead... 10/10 would hug&kiss again.
If you like kissing buildings at Terminal Velocity this is the game for you.
As far as base jumping games go I can't complain. 10/10
waste of diskspace
This game isn't for me and I don't think I'll play it much, but I think a lot of people would enjoy it.The concept is that you're freefalling (BASE jumping) and you have to weave between buildings and platforms, falling as close to the walls as possible without touching them, to accrue maximum points. You also get to smash through score pads, gesture at fans, paint tag, and other such stuff. Then you need to nail the landing in a tight spot, deploying your parachute at just the right time to not break your bones.The skill in the game is to know which weaving path to take as you fall in order to maximise your points and be able to spend them on unlocking further levels. Which group of buildings has the longest walls, which score pads are the most valuable, which landing pad to aim for, etc.I would have liked the movement to be a little more responsive, but I understand that would defeat the purpose of the game.As usual with Dejobaan games, the music is a lot of fun and the game is imbued with a witty edgy mood.Playable with a controller, and that might be the better way to play it.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
At first I watched the videos for this game, and I was pretty interested. But then I started reading some of the negative reviews, and I wasn't so sure about getting it anymore. Having now played it for myself, it is actually pretty awesome. Now I'm thinking at least some of these harsh negative reviews are from people who bought other games from the company that made this. Because as I understand it, after this game they released a number of others which were decidedly unfinished and that understandably ?????? off the people who bought them. So I'm guessing those people are responsible for much of the negative reviews on this game. But honestly, I found it funny, fun, and addictive without feeling repetitive.
u fall nd ???? idk 3/5
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome is a fun game, with a ridiculous amount of content. Slowly, the game introduces new mechanics, and makes every level feel unique, with over 120 levels I still didn't get bored.The game has a great
to go with the fast paced gameplay. It is pure joy to play this game!For me, the last levels were the most fun I had, the most difficult, and yet the most enjoyable.
If you like skydiving, this would be a great game for you. If you have an Oculus Rift, this is probably a great game for it. For anyone else, I do not reccomend this game. It gets pretty boring after awhile.
It's a bit boring but pretty funny. It's not yet worth the Price but if you get it for less, give it a try.
Well worth the price! Works great on Oculus DK2 + MacBookPro Retina 2014! TBH, it gets boring (and you'd feel nauseous) if played for too long. But still is a great way to show your friends the immersive feeling of VR. I'd recommend having this title in your game list, 100%.
At first glance, the game seemed to me boring. But after I went through about half, I wanted to play again and again.In the beginning, a little bit difficult to get used to the control and to understand what is generally required to obtain the required number of points.Awesome mode is very addictive and keeps in suspense. He was shorter than normal, but more energetic.
Fantastic game! I used to get up every morning and drink coffee and play for 20-40 before work. So much adrenaline!Pros: Tons of levels (so many it'll take 10+hours and hours to unlock them all)The game starts off a little &easy& but ramps up in intensity at a very good paceTons of neat musicWeird ??? relaxation tapes scattered around to help you &chill out& (and they actually work)FULL of weird punny/awkward things. I genuinely laughed pretty hard at someYou can base jump from space! On the idea that we learned how to build on airYou get &bones and teeth& from passing stages to unlock more stagesEveryone in the world needs more &Hug's and Kisses&Cons:Breaking every single bone in your bodyI somehow lost all my progress (all my &currency& and unlocked levels) when I switched computers and I didn't play AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome for about 6 months. It only happened once and has been fine for a year or two now. I actually enjoyed unlocking all the levels again! I just miss the crazy hard trippy levels that were hard to get to. The music, the fun graphics, free falling from space, whizzing back and forth avoiding flying cars and electric cables ect.... This game is the whole package of &cool&11/10 I love this game. I still boot it up and enjoy it immensely. I've never played a game like this.
WOW SUCH EXCITING YOU CAN BE LIKE MLG 420 SHOT
this is a game where you FAaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAALL. There is nothing else. There never will be anything. Fall. Rinse. Repeat. We could learn a lesson or two from AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome. If you had a ?????? idea for a game might as well make it.
For a moment, I thought &The Way of Life,& was my most boring Steam experience, until I recalled this piece!Pointless!You do nothing but fall and avoid, getting points by getting as close to buildings for as long as possible.
I have better things to do with my time.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAAaaaAAAA!!! I bought the wrong AAAAAAAAAaaaAAaAAAaaaaAAA! at first. Bought everything just to show love, this is a great game.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAAWful Game
This game isn't for me and I don't think I'll play it much, but I think a lot of people would enjoy it.The concept is that you're freefalling (BASE jumping) and you have to weave between buildings and platforms, falling as close to the walls as possible without touching them, to accrue maximum points. You also get to smash through score pads, gesture at fans, paint tag, and other such stuff. Then you need to nail the landing in a tight spot, deploying your parachute at just the right time to not break your bones.The skill in the game is to know which weaving path to take as you fall in order to maximise your points and be able to spend them on unlocking further levels. Which group of buildings has the longest walls, which score pads are the most valuable, which landing pad to aim for, etc.I would have liked the movement to be a little more responsive, but I understand that would defeat the purpose of the game.As usual with Dejobaan games, the music is a lot of fun and the game is imbued with a witty edgy mood.Playable with a controller, and that might be the better way to play it.
Was this review helpful?
At first glance, the game seemed to me boring. But after I went through about half, I wanted to play again and again.In the beginning, a little bit difficult to get used to the control and to understand what is generally required to obtain the required number of points.Awesome mode is very addictive and keeps in suspense. He was shorter than normal, but more energetic.
Was this review helpful?
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome is a fun game, with a ridiculous amount of content. Slowly, the game introduces new mechanics, and makes every level feel unique, with over 120 levels I still didn't get bored.The game has a great
to go with the fast paced gameplay. It is pure joy to play this game!For me, the last levels were the most fun I had, the most difficult, and yet the most enjoyable.
Was this review helpful?
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
Was this review helpful?
It takes a short while to get used to but this score-attack game absolutely clicked with me. The game really comes into its own once you have got competent at all the basics and played most of the basic mode levels then charge in to the 'awesome' mode which is much faster and honestly even more fun. Just like in real life, hugs and kisses are very moreish, and in the week I've been playing it I keep wanting to come back to it for about an hour at a time. Plus I keep getting amusing chat reactions to 'Gagaman is currently playing AaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!' which is a bonus.
Was this review helpful?
...a great little idea, fun, in-your-face - really gives the sense that you're falling (and with VR support - impressive) - simple to pick up, difficult to master - a great points-scoring leaderboard climbing game... graphics are a little mucky, and it's best played with your own soundtrack (generic rock doesn't work with this I don't think) - but humorous and with plenty of content - still worthy of a purchase...
Was this review helpful?
3 people found this review funny
When I first started the game up, I was very sceptical of it. Everything from the name, the intro screen to the actual gameplay struck me as cheap and plain bad. I went through a few levels, the whole time thinking &What the ???? am I doing?& and quit.I decided to jump back into the game again after I felt pretty bored. I started seeing a pattern, and I was actually enjoying the randomness of it all. I understood what hugs, kisses, thumbs ups and obscenities did. I was just dumbfounded when I saw that I got 2000 Teeth after a level, but then I figured out it's just basically points in order to unlock other levels. After that, I started getting a lot more into it.I passed most of the normal levels, when I noticed a button at the bottom of the screen, titled &Awesome!!!&. So, I clicked on it, and another full page of levels popped up. The same as the regular ones, but here you unlock them by getting knees instead of teeth. Except, these ones were... pretty ??????? intense. Compared to the first levels, here you were falling at supersonic speeds, straining hard to concentrate on the mess of colors, patterns, beeps and clicks as you flew past the actually beautiful world. At first I thought it was a dumb game, very relaxed and easy, but boy, some of these levels are
tough! . I found myself more dedicated to passing a level than in any other game I've ever played, and I kept going for more!Overall, at first glance the game seems very bland and stupid and random. But it slowly starts taking up shape in your mind, making more and more sense. The real fun starts when you get good enough to start the &Awesome!!!& level pack, because some of the levels nearly caused adrenaline to seep out of my skin.I'd give this game a very strong 9/10, because it does take a bit of time to get used to the weirdness of it. But, trust me, once you get a bit more into it, the game really shines, and is insanely fun.
Was this review helpful?
Addictive game about sky diving. Nice visuals, good soundtrack, well made game mechanics in which you are getting points for gliding close to the buildings and objects.
Was this review helpful?
Fun for a little while, but ultimately repetitive, shallow, and headache-inducing. Not as funny as it thinks it is, either. Worth a try as part of a bundle, but not something I would recommend for direct purchase.
Was this review helpful?
Looked like a laugh and it kind of is for a short time, but it gets old fast despite the bragging of how many levels they have. If you like casual games and don't mind repetition or you love score chasing, you could do worse I guess. 5/10
Was this review helpful?
6/5 stars. This game will absolutely destroy you in Oculus mode. Good luck, don't have a heart attack!
Was this review helpful?
This game can be summed up in one phrase - butt clenching base jumping simulator. It ticks several boxes:[x] Tons of levels[x] Blood pumping music[x] Weird as hell tapes that are genuinely disturbing[x] Diverse stages with pretty graphics[x] Clever mechanics to keep the gameplay fun and not repetitiveSo if you want to play a good time wasting, arcady game, I'd recommend this.
Was this review helpful?
I've been having a really tough time of things lately, but this game brought a little joy into my life. It's FUN. There's some adult humour, but this is the kind of game I'll happily let my kids play. Sure beats Gears of Halo: Advanced Snorefare.
Was this review helpful?
Here is all the FAQ you need to know if you want to buy this game.Q: Is that game good?A: well that depends, can you handle a game that literally takes your logic and then ????? all over it just to then light on fire and use as warmth during the middle of the day when its 90 degrees out and the planet is quickly hurtling towards the sun to be disintegrated after which the sun blows up and out comes this game wearing your logic as a baby bib and your mental sanity as a diaper.if so then you will love this game.
Was this review helpful?
Awesome game, PLENTY of content, and an enjoyable new concept that offers high speed adrenal action! Highly recommended for anyone looking to try something different from your typical video game.
Was this review helpful?
Great game with Oculus Rift.
Was this review helpful?
Title: AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the AwesomeGenre: Action, Indie, SportsDeveloper: Dejobaan Games, LLC Publisher: Dejobaan Games, LLC Release Date: 3 Sep, 2009Lets avoid those broken bones by not falling face first into a building, and remembering you have a parachute on your back.Gameplay Gotta stay close to those objects to get the hugs and kisses! A parachuting/base jumping game where you fall from high heights like the daredevil you are, avoiding buildings yet kind of sticking close to them for points until you hit the ground for points. You can do stunts and daring
falls – the idea behind it is pretty entertaining and stomach dropping if you've ever had the experience yourself of parachuting, since you can feel the buildings rushing past. The response in the game for your character is good, and the visuals are not hard to follow. There's nothing like flashy neon lights as your character plunges to their potential death because they really like jumping off high buildings.The controls are not adjustable which is bad for me as I use an azerty keyboard, the game is awkward to play smoothly like this. The settings are inflexible. I wouldn't mind an option to be able to change the controls to what I want.
Also the moment the game gets harder, I think it would be better to play it with a controller, rather than a keyboard. I don't like the layout of the pre game screens too much, though that's just down to personal taste. I think it looks a bit cluttered with the numerous squares/spinning squares, but the playable part of the game is addictive, plunging down those heights and trying not to accidentally splat myself on a building. I have to say I wasn't sure if I would like this, so I'm pleasantly surprised how addictive it is.I find the terminology/language of the game amusing. “Mash face against mountain.” “Collect teeth.” “No broken bones?” “You aren't dead! That's grand!” Small, witty one liners make me happy on the inside, I admit it. It's hard to play but rewarding for your progress. A game doesn't need to look amazing or be complex to be good. And there seems to be a lot of game time available,
and a lot of levels. I wouldn't keep playing it
continuously for hours, but I'm more than happy to go back to it and play it in-between other games, or for half an hour or so at a time. It's fast paced and lets you get stuck in almost straight away.What I find annoying is how far back a level/save point resets if you die, which can mean you have to refight tough monsters you already killed, and repeat a lot of content, which could make it stressful fast. Though there is a sense of achievement getting past those ANNOYING OBSTACLES.ProsLots of game time/content to get throughGood priceWitty one linersAddictive ConsNo adjustable settings/controls for a movement based gamePre game layout isn't so attractiveTL;DROverall VerdictI think it's worth the buy and play, as long as it's in a bundle or sale. There's enough here to keep you going for a while when you're bored with your other games.
Was this review helpful?
Ever look over the edge of a tall building and hear that voice in the back of your head tell you &... jump...&?This game seems like it's entire concept was constructed from that very principle, often called &Lapelle Du Vide& or &Call of the void& though with a comical twist to the whole idea. The goal is simple, jump from a VERY high altitude (some go as far as space), come close enough to buildings and objects that you &kiss& or &hug& them without suffering the ill effects of free-fall collision, and try to land safely. BTW, instead of earning coins or something, the main currency you use to unlock new levels is &teeth&... I don't know why but it makes me just uneasy enough that I laugh every time I finish a level and it sais &You've earned X number of teeth!&For those with vertigo or who have a fear of hights/falling, I don't reccomend this game as you'll probably find yourself reaching for a bucket every level. To everyone else, I absolutely reccomend this game.
Was this review helpful?
3 people found this review funny
sometimes i like to pretend im a astronaut who was spaced, and i wonder what my last thoughts would be as i burn up on re-entry.
Was this review helpful?
Once I played the original version of this, I knew that Dejobaan are the chaotic neutral mad scientists of indie gaming (and that I love them for it). Frantic gameplay that requires that you plan things in order to get the best score, and some surprisingly well-done world building for such a relatively plotless piece (on top of the massive amount of stages for such a price). Overall, I'd recommend it, and it's my favorite Dejobaan game to date (with Drunken Robot Pornography being a close second).
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 73aaaa.com 的文章

随机推荐