出国第一次去美国注意事项见外导要注意什么

关注今日:28 | 主题:178204
微信扫一扫
扫一扫,下载丁香园 App
即送15丁当
国外导师回复说想见面谈谈 该怎么准备
页码直达:
I will be visiting Beijing next week (March 25-27). Perhaps we can meet at that time to discuss your interests.上面是导师的回复,请问各位大神该怎么准备呢,这样导师约见面的话成功的几率大吗?
不知道邀请谁?试试他们
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
Atherosclerotics edited on
收起全部有料回复
看到你这个帖子有点晚了,不知道你是否能看到了。补充额外几点要注意的是:1. 穿着略正式一点2. 带一份打印好的简历3. 想好自己的strengths,在回答任何问题的时候,要尽量想你的价值/优势是什么,你能给他带来什么4. 口语不好不要紧,尽量放慢语速,尽量回答有结构逻辑性,“there are 3 aspects, 1st.......; 2nd.......; 3rd......&,这样会听上去比较清晰,也让提问者容易follow5. 没听懂的问题,要让他再说一遍,不要自己胡乱答浪费面试者时间6. 见面结束后一定要记得写thank you note,同时表明心迹“it was a great pleasure meeting and speaking with you today. I truly appreciate your time and insights, and look forward to future opportunities......&我之前有个帖子是详细讲面试需要主要的要点,下面是链接,如果有时间,你可以快速浏览一下。
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
Atherosclerotics I will be visiting Beijing next week (March 25-27). Perhaps we can meet at that time to discuss your interests.上面是导师的回复,请问各位大神该怎么准备呢,这样导师约见面的话成功的几率大吗?你好,楼主!明天去面试吗?希望我的回复可以帮助到你。首先,你要非常自信,绝对不要认为自己口语不好,害怕说错不敢说,说错了也没关系,只要老外能听懂就ok。之前我的一个朋友联系的外国人要来上海开会约她见面谈,结果她太紧张,连自己的专业词都说的不是很清楚,人家就非常抱歉的说自己与她的专业不太符合,婉拒掉了。其次,做好充足的准备,把对方能问到的问题都先想一下,怎么回复是最好的。例如最简单的是:what's is your plan to my lab? how long will you stay here? come along or with your family? what will you bring to my team? why do you want to come to my institute? why do you choose 你的专业***? what is your career goal? what is your interest? 等等。建议:最好把自己的计划写在纸上,练习说几遍,然后把自己专业的词汇用英语多说几遍,熟记于心。老外的每个问题不一定要急着回答,可以思考一下再回答。也不要紧张,面试本来就是双向选择,你也可以提问题,如果非常想去,当场就表达自己什么时候可以去,如果还想再考虑一下,也要表示感谢。尽量争取和教授多说话,不要太呆板了,open-minded. 之前回复的过一个帖子再次粘贴过来,供参考:祝好运!
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
Atherosclerotics 我昨晚就这么回复的,但是导师一直没有回复我。 he is leaving on 27th, right? a few suggestions for your consideration:continue to follow up with him on 26th, &hope you don't mind me following up...&if you know where he stays and you happen to have time in the next two days, wandering around and letting him know that you are nearby and ready for a quick meet whenever he is available.worse case: if no success till 27th, figuring out if possible to catch him at the airport.
if you don't know his flight information, do your homework and I would assume at least you know his destination, with that, you should be able to circle several probable options. Sending him a note saying that &hope you enjoyed the time in China. may i have the honor to see you off at the airport just for a quick farewell?.....&. if he gives you the green light, then buy a box of chocolate or whatever as a token.worst scenario: nothing happens till his flight takes off, then send him a note the day after, &hope you had a smooth trip back to the US........&, just simply keep the connection.
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
大神们。帮帮忙吧
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
提出见面就成功了一大半,好好把该导师发的文章通读一遍,熟悉他的研究领域,再想想自己的兴趣结合导师方向,今后准备做什么课题?当然,英文口语也不能太差。总之不用紧张,积极准备就行。祝你成功!
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
doctorindxy 提出见面就成功了一大半,好好把该导师发的文章通读一遍,熟悉他的研究领域,再想想自己的兴趣结合导师方向,今后准备做什么课题?当然,英文口语也不能太差。总之不用紧张,积极准备就行。祝你成功!谢谢鼓励 口语不太好怎么办
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
丁香园准中级站友
Atherosclerotics 谢谢鼓励 口语不太好怎么办 去三里屯的酒吧找白妹唠嗑
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
litter @Atherosclerotics:谢谢鼓励 口语不太好怎么办?去三里屯的酒吧找白妹唠嗑就剩两天啦。三里屯离好远
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
丁香园准中级站友
见假洋鬼子有什么好怕的,熟悉一下其研究领域,真见面大不了用中文
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
国外老板就找一打工的,口语要求不高,能交流、看懂文献就行了,又不是BBC招工
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
903men 国外老板就找一打工的,口语要求不高,能交流、看懂文献就行了,又不是BBC招工好吧…
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
Atherosclerotics I will be visiting Beijing next week (March 25-27). Perhaps we can meet at that time to discuss your interests.上面是导师的回复,请问各位大神该怎么准备呢,这样导师约见面的话成功的几率大吗?你好,楼主!明天去面试吗?希望我的回复可以帮助到你。首先,你要非常自信,绝对不要认为自己口语不好,害怕说错不敢说,说错了也没关系,只要老外能听懂就ok。之前我的一个朋友联系的外国人要来上海开会约她见面谈,结果她太紧张,连自己的专业词都说的不是很清楚,人家就非常抱歉的说自己与她的专业不太符合,婉拒掉了。其次,做好充足的准备,把对方能问到的问题都先想一下,怎么回复是最好的。例如最简单的是:what's is your plan to my lab? how long will you stay here? come along or with your family? what will you bring to my team? why do you want to come to my institute? why do you choose 你的专业***? what is your career goal? what is your interest? 等等。建议:最好把自己的计划写在纸上,练习说几遍,然后把自己专业的词汇用英语多说几遍,熟记于心。老外的每个问题不一定要急着回答,可以思考一下再回答。也不要紧张,面试本来就是双向选择,你也可以提问题,如果非常想去,当场就表达自己什么时候可以去,如果还想再考虑一下,也要表示感谢。尽量争取和教授多说话,不要太呆板了,open-minded. 之前回复的过一个帖子再次粘贴过来,供参考:祝好运!
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
看到你这个帖子有点晚了,不知道你是否能看到了。补充额外几点要注意的是:1. 穿着略正式一点2. 带一份打印好的简历3. 想好自己的strengths,在回答任何问题的时候,要尽量想你的价值/优势是什么,你能给他带来什么4. 口语不好不要紧,尽量放慢语速,尽量回答有结构逻辑性,“there are 3 aspects, 1st.......; 2nd.......; 3rd......&,这样会听上去比较清晰,也让提问者容易follow5. 没听懂的问题,要让他再说一遍,不要自己胡乱答浪费面试者时间6. 见面结束后一定要记得写thank you note,同时表明心迹“it was a great pleasure meeting and speaking with you today. I truly appreciate your time and insights, and look forward to future opportunities......&我之前有个帖子是详细讲面试需要主要的要点,下面是链接,如果有时间,你可以快速浏览一下。
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
903men 国外老板就找一打工的,口语要求不高,能交流、看懂文献就行了,又不是BBC招工谢谢你。
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
十字军西征 Atherosclerotics ?I will be visiting Beijing next week (March 25-2...你好,楼主!明天去面试吗?希望我的回复可以帮助到你。首先,你要非常自信,?绝对不要认为自己口语不好,害怕说错不敢说,说错了也没关系,只要老外能听懂就ok。之前我的一个朋友联系的外国人要来上海开会约她见面谈,结果她太紧张,连自己的专业词都说的不是很清楚,人家就非常抱歉的说自己与她的专业不太符合,婉拒掉了。其次,做好充足的准备,把对方能问到的问题都先想一下,怎么回复是最好的。例如最简单的是:what's is your plan to my lab? how long will you stay here? come along or with your family? what will you bring to my team? why do you want to come to my institute? why do you choose 你的专业***? what is your career goal? what is your interest? 等等。建议:最好把自己的计划写在纸上,练习说几遍,然后把自己专业的词汇用英语多说几遍,熟记于心。老外的每个问题不一定要急着回答,可以思考一下再回答。也不要紧张,面试本来就是双向选择,你也可以提问题,如果非常想去,当场就表达自己什么时候可以去,如果还想再考虑一下,也要表示感谢。尽量争取和教授多说话,不要太呆板了,open-minded.之前回复的过一个帖子再次粘贴过来,供参考:祝好运!?啊。老师说自己太忙了。不准备见了 好伤感 白准备了
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
applelhh 看到你这个帖子有点晚了,不知道你是否能看到了。补充额外几点要注意的是:1. 穿着略正式一点2. 带一份打印好的简历3. 想好自己的strengths,在回答任何问题的时候,要尽量想你的价值/优势是什么,你能给他带来什么4. 口语不好不要紧,尽量放慢语速,尽量回答有结构逻辑性,“there are 3 aspects, 1st.......; 2nd.......; 3rd......&,这样会听上去比较清晰,也让提问者容易follow5. 没听懂的问题,要让他再说一遍,不要自己胡乱答浪费面试者时间6. 见面结束后一定要记得写thank you note,同时表明心迹“it was a great pleasure meeting and speaking with you today. I truly appreciate your time and insights, and look forward to future opportunities......&我之前有个帖子是详细讲面试需要主要的要点,下面是链接,如果有时间,你可以快速浏览一下。谢谢你的鼓励。!
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
Atherosclerotics 谢谢你的鼓励。! 老师说太忙,没时间见了,然后你回信确认不见了吗?如果没回信,还可以再follow up的,也许可以很迅速的见一面“ i completely understand your busy schedule but do hope to have a quick face-to-face meeting/welcome while you are in China. I am flexible to meet at anytime/venue of your convenience, and greatly look forward to it.....&
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
我昨晚就这么回复的,但是导师一直没有回复我。
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
applelhh Atherosclerotics ?谢谢你的鼓励。!?老师说太忙,没时间见了,然后你回信确认不见了吗?如果没回信,还可以再follow up的,也许可以很迅速的见一面“ i completely understand your busy schedule but do hope to have a quick face-to-face meeting/welcome while you are in China. I am flexible to meet at anytime/venue of your convenience, and greatly look forward to it.....&我昨晚就这么回复的,但是导师一直没有回复我。
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
Atherosclerotics 我昨晚就这么回复的,但是导师一直没有回复我。 he is leaving on 27th, right? a few suggestions for your consideration:continue to follow up with him on 26th, &hope you don't mind me following up...&if you know where he stays and you happen to have time in the next two days, wandering around and letting him know that you are nearby and ready for a quick meet whenever he is available.worse case: if no success till 27th, figuring out if possible to catch him at the airport.
if you don't know his flight information, do your homework and I would assume at least you know his destination, with that, you should be able to circle several probable options. Sending him a note saying that &hope you enjoyed the time in China. may i have the honor to see you off at the airport just for a quick farewell?.....&. if he gives you the green light, then buy a box of chocolate or whatever as a token.worst scenario: nothing happens till his flight takes off, then send him a note the day after, &hope you had a smooth trip back to the US........&, just simply keep the connection.
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
applelhh Atherosclerotics ?我昨晚就这么回复的,但是导师一直没有回复我。?he is leaving on 27th, right? a few suggestions for your consideration:
continue to follow up with him on 26th, &hope you don't mind me following up...&
if you know where he stays and you happen to have time in the next two days, wandering around and letting him know that you are nearby and ready for a quick meet whenever he is available.
worse case: if no success till 27th, figuring out if possible to catch him at the airport. if you don't know his flight information, do your homework and I would assume at least you know his destination, with that, you should be able to circle several probable options. Sending him a note saying that &hope you enjoyed the time in China. may i have the honor to see you off at the airport just for a quick farewell?.....&. if he gives you the green light, then buy a box of chocolate or whatever as a token.
worst scenario: nothing happens till his flight takes off, then send him a note the day after, &hope you had a smooth trip back to the US........&, just simply keep the connection.真的太谢谢了。导师也回信啦。他五月份 会再来北京。说那个时候再见面
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
我现在是和楼主一模一样的情形,楼主可否告知跟导师聊哪些内容,他会问些什么呢?口语捉急。
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
恭喜楼主!祝一切顺利!
微信扫一扫
广告宣传推广
政治敏感、违法虚假信息
恶意灌水、重复发帖
违规侵权、站友争执
附件异常、链接失效
关于丁香园中国首家即时预订旅游网
出境旅游常识
相关出国旅游推荐线路
&&&&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&&&
第一次出国坐飞机注意事项
  每个人都有自己第一次坐飞机的时候,如果事事都怕问很难在异国独立生活。
不过我不妨说说几点第一次出国要注意的地方,说的不对,各位看官别打我,欢迎继续补充~~
1) 护照要随身带,放在安全的地方,什么都可以掉,护照最好别掉
2) 不管在哪里转机,沿着transfer的指示灯走。如果已经划位,牢记自己在几号GATE就没问题;如果还未划位,找到自己航空公司的柜台进行划位。
3) 飞国外的流程跟国内有点不同,但无非都是要经过建设费、划位和安检的步骤;
出境需要多一个出境手续,是在划位之后,安检之前,需要核对你是否符合出境要求。在面对海关前要填一张出境卡,中国公民需要用中文填写。我第一次出国的时候慌慌忙忙就填到英文那一面去了,结果被打回来重填(中国人就是看不起那些明明是中国人却要充懂英文的人)。
4) 不管出境还是入境都要确定海关人员在你的护照上盖章,并看清楚时间。如果少了一个章就少了一次出入境记录,以后会有偷渡嫌疑会非常麻烦。
7) 在飞机降落前,需要填入境卡,非美国公民需要再填另一张……(忘记叫什么了)好像是I94吧::3。
8) 下飞机后要以豹的速度奔向海关,沿着Arrival的指示灯冲,在visitor的柜台前等候入境。为什么要用冲呢?不要看你前面只有几十个人或者十几个人,要知道美国入境检查的时间非常长,平均一个人7分钟左右,运气不好,10来分钟都有的,如果前面排了十个人就要至少等上1个小时出关……不过别落东西在飞机上就好了
8) 过关的时候需要拿着你的护照,飞机上填的两张表,如果是第一次入境需要学校的证明之类的(不知道是不是I20,大侠来回答下)。先左手食指按指纹,再右手食指按指纹,再对摄像头照相。接着海关人员会向你提问,第一次入境提问的时间会比较长,不用紧张,一般情况下他们是不能拒绝你入境的。最后他们会给你的I-94上盖上你可以在美国停留的时间。 因此有人曾经问,我的签证只有三个月,但我一个学期至少六个月怎么办?其实签证有效期只是你入境时间的有效期,入境之后可以停留的时间按 I-94为准,也是你在美国短期停留的凭证。所以I-94一定要跟护照订在一起放好。
8) 之后就算进入美国了,领行李。小木虫 --- 500万硕博科研人员喜爱的学术科研平台
&&查看话题
准备联系外导,第一封信求助
我关注留学板块不久,知道事情不多。
最近看好一个教授,写好了套磁和CV
套磁除了一些一般套话以外,我还写了自己的研究领域,由于申请的方向有所不同,我看了外导的文章,对他做的东西归纳了一下并提出了自己的看法(不是很深,但是希望外导知道我在关注这方面的东西了),信共写了800字,是不是太多,人家看了会烦吗?
我看到除了附上CV外,还有人写cover letter的,是不是要把我的一部分内容放在cover letter 里?第一次发信还要写些什么内容呢
各位大哥很热情,那小弟恭敬不如从命
College ***, **University, China
April 2010
Dear Professor ***
My name is **, a graduate student at ***University, China, and I am writing to you to inquire the possibility to get PhD position in your lab. I would be most grateful if you accepted me as a research candidate in your group.
I am in my second year of graduate school. At date I have spent one and a half year and I am finishing my current research projects. My research focus is on the ****. During my research, I am highly interested in the antitumor activity of these biomacromolecules.
Polysaccharides are recognized as a biological response modifiers, activating of immunocompetent cells to secrete cytokines. Furthermore, several studies prove that fungi polysaccharides have potential cytotoxic effects on cancer cells to induce apoptosis. A unique feature of polysaccharides is their ability to bind to the receptors on cells, and some monosaccharide may interfere with the binding. However, with the complex and complicated structure, it is difficult to learn the mechanism in tumor cell, and their antitumor effects remain a highly disputed topic. So, I want to expand my horizon by seeking new challenges in the area of apoptotic pathways in a world-class university.
Hitherto, I have one journal paper published, the other under review, and several papers submitted to Chinese core magazines. I want deeper insight into the principles of apoptosis on a molecular level, but it seems hard to probe into it in my current group since this research is not my prominent advantage and lacks of experimental work and instruments in my lab. But I will prove myself a hard-working and self-motivated student to look deeply into this field of research and probe into it.
I have spent several weeks to read your information on the website and literature in your field, and as you say, nature provides a mass of pharmaceutical compounds, such as Spongistatin, Cephalostatin and the like studied in your lab. Execution of apoptosis will antagonize expression of cancer cells. To identify how the molecules regulate the signal pathways has become more important for drug development and cancer research. Then the targeted drugs obtained by genetic engineering would perform more efficient targeted effect on cancer cell.
Cephalostatin, a natural marine compound well studied in your group. The apoptotic mechanism induced by cephalostatin 1 is demonstrated in your paper as the cephalostatin-induced Smac activates caspases independent of apoptosome. The release of Smac is not regulated by ASK1 or JNK, but involved with Bcl-2, Bcl-xL proteins whose overexpression will reduce the Smac release to cytosol, while the Ca2+-dependent calpain can cleave Bcl-2 and induce Smac release. You have demonstrated that the mechanism of caspase-2 activation is recruitment of procaspase-2 to form PIDDosome complex but not PIDDosome itself, and I am interested in what kind of role it will take in the signal pathway. The PIDDosome composes a p53-induced protein with a DD, whether the activation of caspase-2 is p53 dependent? Recent findings indicate caspase-2 activation is not significantly affected by the elimination of PIDD. Is it similar in cephalostatin-induced apoptosis? If the assemble of PIDDosome is prevented by silencing p53, we are not sure whether the activation of caspase-2 would be compensated by other bypasses or the apoptosis would be delayed due to the inhibition of caspase-2 activation? Moreover the p53 may regulate the Bcl-2 family which involve in calcium homeostasis and selective Smac release, while some research reports P53 gene abnormality will lead to Bcl-2 overexpression.
Additionally, p53 is a hot cancer suppressor gene playing multi-faceted roles in apoptosis. Cephalostatin-induced apoptosis also involves the ER stress-associated activation of caspase-4 and subsequently apoptosome-independent activation of caspase-9. Activated p53 regulates the expression of downstream genes and ER stress enhances the cytoplasmic localization of p53. Whether the p53 involves in the cephalostatin-induced apoptosis would be worth studying.
Spongistatin, another marine compound, induces cell death mediated mainly through mitochondrial apoptosis way. The study of important factors upstream or downstream regulate the pathway in Spongistatin-associated apoptosis is in full swing in your group.
Since your group, without doubt is one of the leading groups in the world in this area, it would be my honor to join your group so that I can learn from you. I wish I can bring my own ideas and make contributions to your group. The attached PDF file is my CV.
And dear Professor ***, if you can't make this decision or you have another parallel recommendation whose research areas fit me well, could you please inform me!
I thank you very much for your attention to my application. I shall look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
With warm regards,
Sincerely yours,
写了些专业的,不隐去了。希望各位大虾们指教
当然能压缩到200-300字最好
这位哥们 让我来告诉你吧!你的信拿到这 我们大家给你把把脉。
这样更好!:)
谢谢这位版主指点
我的CV中到没写这些东西,只写了个人资料,教育背景,论文奖项等
第三段讲得是我的研究内容,由于以前做的是大分子结构活性方面,现在想研究分子机制的,所以有些出入,但是还是想套近下。5-8段是写他的研究成果以及我的看法的,写的有点多,但是我以前对这方面一点不了解,看了他这么多文献后,总是想让他知道我已经在关注了。
所以说这部分多的内容是放在CV里面 还是另外放个coverletter,还是放在自荐信中,还是不要了?
他做的成果的概述我可以精简一下的。
嗯,谢谢~
如果能交流上的话,肯定会把文章什么的给他看
只是这个教授方向特感兴趣, 所以深入的看了下。
如不成,那就的广撒网了。那时的信就不会写的太多了
研究生必备与500万研究生在线互动!
扫描下载送金币
浏览器进程
打开微信扫一扫
随时随地聊科研

我要回帖

更多关于 第一次坐飞机出国 的文章