I found other goetzpartnerss, and my father waited up for me after dances,不知道这是什么

正确教育旗下网站
网校:8299所
24小时更新:2562
总量:5734354
辽宁省大连市2012届高三双基测试卷 英语
辽宁省大连市2012届高三双基测试卷 英语
资料类别:
所属学科:
适用地区:
所属版本:通用
资料类型:
下载扣点:2点
上传时间:
下载量:4889次
文档大小:603KB
所属资料:无
内容简介文档简介为自动调取,可能会显示内容不完整,请您查看完整文档内容。
大连市2012年高三双基测试卷
1.What does the woman mean?
A.He hardly practices listening.
B.He doesn't like to learn English.
C.He seldom has time to learn English2.When did the football game begin yesterday afternoon? A.At 2:30
B.At 2:45
C.At 3:20
3.What will the woman probably do tonight?
A.See a film.
B.Go to a concert.
C.Do some shopping.
4.Why does the woman blame the man?
A.The parking place is hers.
B.She does not like the man's car.
C.She thought the man parked at the wrong place.5.Where does the conversation take place?
A.At a theater.
B.In a museum.
C.At home.1.522.5
6.What is the man doing at the moment?
A.He is waiting for his flight.
B.He is buying an air ticket.
C.He is traveling in New York.
7.What time should the man check in?
A.At 8:25.
B.At 9:25.
C.At 11:25
8.How does the man choose red wine?
A.He tastes first and then makes the decision.
B.He chooses several kinds together.
C.He chooses a certain kind before tasting it.
9.What do we know about cheese?
A.It's today's special.
B.It's different from other cheese.
C.It's free with the purchase of red wine.
10.Who is the woman talking to?
A.A tour guide.
B.A taxi driver.
C.A bus conductor11.How long will it take the woman to get to her destination?
A.About 15 minutes.
B.About 30 minutes.
C.More than 50 minutes.
12.What will the woman do?
A.She will go around the city.
B.She will be held up for fifty minutes or so.
C.She will be taken straight to the People's Road.
13.Where does the conversation probably take place?
A.In a car.
B.At a night school.
C.At the college entrance.
14.What is most of the speakers' daytime used for?
A.Housework.
B.Business trips.
C.The jobs they are doing.
15.What does the man hope to do?
A.Go to college.
B.Drive the woman home.
C.Study another course.
16.When is the woman's exam?
A.At the middle of this month.
B.At the end of this month.
C.At the beginning of next month.
17.When is Sweetest Day celebrated?
A.On the second Saturday in October.
B.On the third Saturday in October.
C.On any Saturday in October.
18.Why was Sweetest Day celebrated at first?
A.To show one's care for the sick and orphaned.
B.To show one's concern about everyone.
C.To show one's love to his lover.
19.When was Sweetest Day first celebrated in Cleveland?
A.In the middle 1950s.
B.In the middle 1940s. C.At the end of 1940s.
20.How did the Cleveland man celebrate the day?
A.By giving away small gifts.
B.By sending food.
C.By giving clothes., 满分45分)
第一节:单项填空(共15小题,每小题1分,满分15分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
21.Having dinner together on New Year's Eve has always been ______ big deal for my family and it gives us ______ pleasure.
22.Our family went to see my cousin off and ______ her a safe journey across Europe.
A.expected
A.I don't think so
B.That's all right
C.I can't agree more
D.That depends 24.Can you tell me ______ use the newly-invented robot can be of to our daily life?
25.You ______ make mistakes, but that is the way you learn how things work and how to mend them.
26.She usually relaxes herself by going shopping or giving herself a ______ like an ice cream or a movie.
C.Neither
28.Bob entered for the final English competition.
—No wonder.He ______ learning English.
A.enjoyed
C.has enjoyed
D.was enjoying29.______ the shopping list are some Christmas gifts for her children.
A.Adding to
B.To add to
C.Added to
D.Having added
30.Has Tom paid you back the money the next day?
—No.It was three weeks ______ he returned it.
31.Some people feel unhappy about their life.Sub-health may partially ______ it.
A.account for
B.call for
C.answer for
D.stand for
32.—What in the world put you in a really bad mood?
—______ in the traffic for hours.
B.Being stuck
C.To be stuck
D.Sticking33.You may have heard of the New Seven Wonders of the World, ______ China's Great Wall tops the list.
34.City life is more convenient than that of the countryside but not ______ quiet and
35.Jack has gone to the USA for further study.
______ We chatted online just now but he didn't mention it.
A.Not really.
B.No way.
C.What for?
D.So what?1.530分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上涂黑。
I woke up one morning with six hungry babies and just 75 cents in my pocket.They
from three months to seven years old.Their Dad died,
almost nothing to us.The seven of us went to every factory and restaurant to find a job.No luck.The kids tried to be quiet
I tried to convince whoever would listen that I was
to learn or do anything. 40
no luck.The last place we went to was called the BigAn old lady who owned it needed someone to work from eleven at night until seven in the morning.She
65 cents an hour, and I could start that night.I
home and called a baby-sister for help.
with the baby-sitter to come and sleep on my sofa for a dollar a night.This seemed like a good arrangement to her, so we
When I got home in the
I sent her home with one dollar of my tip moneyfully half of
I averaged every night.Before Christmas I knew there would be no money for new
for the kids.I started repairing and painting some old toys, so there would be something for Santa to48
on Christmas morning.49
were a worry, too.On Christmas Eve, when it was time for me to go home, to my
, my old Chevy was filled full
the top with boxes of all shapes and sizes.Inside was a whole case of little blue jeans, sizes 210 I looked inside
box: It was full of shirts to
the jeans.
Yes, there were angles that long-ago December.And they all hung out at the Big Wheel.
As I drove back through empty streets I was
with gratitude().
Now I still remember clearly the joy on the faces of my little ones that
36.A.included
D.contained
37.A.giving
B.sending
C.affording
D.leaving
38.A.while
39.A.curious
B.willing
C.skillful
D.reliable
40.A.Almost
41.A.paid
42.A.walked
43.A.quarreled
C.bargained
44.A.arrived
B.offered
C.started
45.A.evenings
B.mornings
C.afternoons
46.A.how
47.A.shoes
48.A.trade
C.purchase
D.deliver
49.A.Clothes
C.Stockings
50.A.encouragement
B.satisfaction
C.amazement
D.embarrassment
52.A.another
C.the other
53.A.take over
B.go with
C.deal with
54.A.crying
B.laughing
C.sobbing
D.screaming
55.A.precious
B.forgetful
C.specific
D.previousI am dancing with my father at my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.The band plays as we move gracefully across the floor.Around and around we go, laughing and nodding to the other dancers.My father grasped my hand, smiling at me.
When I was almost 3, my father took me into his arms and began to dance with me around the table.My mother laughed at us, and told us dinner would get cold.But my father said: "Dinner can wait!" And then he sang out "Roll out the barrel, let's have a barrel of fun," I sang back: "Let's get those blues on the run."
We danced through the years.But one night when I was 15, lost in some painful, adolescent mood, my father teased me to dance with him."Come on," he said."Let's get those blues on the run." I jumped out of the chair screaming: "Don't touch me! I am sick of dancing with you!" The hurt on his face did not escape me.I ran to my room tearfully.
We did not dance together after that night.I found other partners, and my father waited for me after dances, sitting in his favorite chair.I would say to him: "If you were so tired, you should have gone to bed."
No, no," he'd say."I was just waiting for you."
When I grew up and left home, hugs and kisses were common when my father and I visited each other.But he did not ask me to dance.I knew my father was waiting for an apology from me, and I could never find the right words.
My parents' 50th anniversary approached.I decided the time had come.When the band began to play after dinner, my parents took the floor.They glided () around the room.The guests applauded the golden couple.My father was dancing with my daughters when I walked to him and in a trembling voice, I sang: "Let's get those blues on the run."
My father stood rooted to the spot.Then he bowed and said: "Yes.I've been waiting for you." We moved into each other's arms, catching once more the rhythm of the dance.
56.What happened one day when the writer was 15 years old?
A.She promised not to dance with her father any more.
B.She hurt her father so that he would never forgive her.
C.She was in so bad a mood that she was rude to her father.
D.She refused to dance with her father because she was exhausted.
57.The underlined phrase "took the floor" in the passage probably means
A.wiped the floor
B.went upstairs
C.made a speech
D.began dancing
58.The writer wrote the passage to ______.
A.introduce her father B.show their love to each other
C.make an apology to her fatherD.share her dancing experience
59.From this passage, we know that ______.
A.the writer communicated with her mother less
B.the writer didn't dance with anybody after she was 15
C.the writer's father looked forward to dancing with her
D.the writer didn't feel sorry to her father until the anniversary
Fear of Public Speaking
Do you have a fear of public speaking? For the longest time, I had the same fear. It's actually not that uncommon.In fact, various studies have shown that the fear of speaking in public is ranked () higher than the fear of death.I'm sure there are plenty of ways of overcoming the fear of public speaking but what I will describe is what has worked for me.
1.Understand the cause of the fear
The first step in getting rid of your fear of speaking in public is to find out why it's a fear in the first place.The main reason is the fear of being embarrassed.This includes being laughed at, doing anything foolish and having the audience judge you.Do you get nervous when you are in a room by yourself? Probably not.It' s only when there are other people, people who might judge you or think badly of you, that causes you to get nervous usually.
Knowing why you have this fear of being in front of an audience will help you figure out what to do to overcome the fear.
2.Change your attitude
In order to overcome the fear of public speaking, you need to be able to change your attitude.When you can go from thinking about yourself and what the audience might think of you to thinking about the audience and how you can best deliver your message across, you will be able to conquer()this fear.
3.Practice
Although you may still get nervous even if you have done dozens of speeches, the more you do it, the easier it will get.When you practice, it's best to do it in front of a supporting group of people.This will not only make public speaking easier but it will also help you gain confidence.
So overcoming fear of public speaking comes down to having the right attitude and practicing.As you get more comfortable, your focus will change from you to the audience.Once your focus is on creating value for them, your fear of public speaking will be gone.
60.According to the passage, when people speak in public, most of them are usually A.nervous B.excited C.confident D.aggressive
61.Which of the following is NOT the cause of the fear of speaking in public?
A.The fear of being made fun of.
B.The fear of doing stupid things.
C.Worries about being interrupted.
D.Worries about what the audience think of you.
62.If you are going to give a speech, it is necessary for you to ______.
A.think about the fear of public speaking
B.get rid of the fear of public speaking beforehand
C.make sure there is a supportive group in the audience
D.think about what the audience will be interested in
63.According to the passage, we can conclude that ______.
A.we can easily overcome the fear of public speaking if we find out the reason
B.we should focus on ourselves in order to remove the fear of public speaking
C.we will have no fear of public speaking after we have done a lot of speeches
D.right attitude and good practice can help overcome the fear of public speaking
American schools are looking for ways to save money on bus transportation because of high fuel prices.More children may have to walk, ride their bikes or find other ways to get to school.But, as another effect of the high prices, they may not have to go to school as often.
Some schools, especially in rural areas, are changing to a four-day week.That means longer days instead of the traditional Monday through Friday schedule.
Beginning in the fall, students in the Maccray school district in Minnesota () will be in school Tuesday through Friday.Each school day will be 65 minutes longer.Greg Schmidt says the district expects to save about 65,000 dollars a year in transportation costs.The district has about 700 students living in an area of 900 square kilometers.
State officials have approved the plan.But it can only be in effect for three years.They may change their mind before then if learning suffers.
In Custer, South Dakota, students have been going to school Monday through Thursday since 1995.An official says the change has saved an estimated 1 million dollars over just the past eight years.But he sees other benefits, too.Students get more instructional time.And activities that used to interfere ) with classes are now held on non-school days.He says that in the future, the growth of online classes could make it possible to require even fewer days in school.High fuel prices are driving college students to take more online classes.And in some states, high school students can take them, too.
A four-day school week sounds like a great idea for students and teachers But working parents may have to pay for child care for that fifth day.In agricultural areas, though, it can mean an extra day of helping on the family farm.
In New Mexico, the first school district changed to a four-day week in 1974 because of the Arab oil boycott.Now, 17 out of 89 districts use it.
The Lake Arthur School District has just 160 students.Lake Arthur used a four-day schedule for 12 years.But a few years ago it went back to five days.
64.We can learn from the passage that ______.
A.students in Minnesota will soon have a four-day school week
B.students will spend shorter time at school due to the change
C.students go to school Monday through Thursday in Custer, South Dakota
D.all the students and teachers like the four-day school week, except parents
65.What is the author's attitude to the four-day week?
A.positive
B.objective
C.oppositive
D.supportive
66.What is the main idea of this passage?
A.Less-school days benefit students in America.
B.Schools look to four-day week to save money.
C.High oil prices have bad effects on American education.
D.High oil prices cause students to change their ways to get to school.
If you want to add a bit of attitude to your wardrobe ()this summer, a slogan T-shirt may be just what you are looking for.
Slogan T-shirts, also known as message T-shirts, have long been a means of telling the world what we care about.For instance, in the 1960s and 70s, people against the Vietnam War got their message across with T-shirt slogans such as "Want Love Not War".
Some stars continue to play a role in popularizing the trend () today.From Paris Hilton's "I Love Shoes, Bags and Boys" to Eva Longoria's "I Want More Privacy"; from Chris Martin's "Stop Handgun Violence" to Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Save the Future", stars have been letting their T-shirts do the talking.
And 2011 has seen the emergence of a number of new T-shirt slogans.Here are some of the most popular ones:
Save Japan!
This is a line of slogan T-shirts designed by some stars including Victoria Beckham and Lady Gaga to support recovery efforts in earthquake-stricken Japan.The T-shirts feature words of encouragement from the stars, such as "Through Struggle We Unite and Overcome" from Orlando Bloom.
Public Enemy # 1 Is Dead
Hours after Barack Obama announced the killing of Osama bin Laden, excited Americans started celebrating the death of him with T-shirt slogans including "Public Enemy #1 Is Dead" and "It Took Obama to Get Osama", according to the Washington Post.
Thank You for the Day Off
This is a British royal () wedding inspired T-shirt slogan, as the wedding day for William and Kate was made a public holiday in Britain.Even if you don't care about royal weddings, everybody loves a day off work!
I heart NY
The "I heart NY" T-shirt is still very popular today, but its origin dates back to the mid 1970s when the New York State tourism department needed a slogan to convince people that New York is a good city to visit.Graphic designer Milton Glaser dreamt up the slogan.
67.From the passage, we can infer that ______.
A.Barack Obama is in favor of T-shirt slogans
B.some stars prefer to use slogans rather than talk
C.people in Britain are not interested in royal weddings
D.Jennifer Love Hewitt is concerned about the future of the world
68.The underlined word "emergence" probably means "______".
A.requirement
B.expectation
C.appearance
D.urgency
69.According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
A.Slogan T-shirts are new and developing.
B.The slogan "I heart NY" may read "I love New York".
C.Japanese love T-shirts with the slogan "Save Japan".
D.The slogan "It Took Obama to Get Osama" is designed by the Washington Post.
70.What would be the best title for the passage?
A.T-shirts Do the Talking
B.Slogans Come Back
C.Stars Lead the Fashion
D.T-shirts Tell EverythingThe English have the reputation of being very different from all other nationalities.71
Whatever the reasons, it may be fairly stated that the Englishman has developed some attitudes and habits distinguishing him from other nationalities. 72 .Before strangers he often seems embarrassed.You have only to witness a railway compartment()any morning or evening to see the truth.Serious-looking businessmen and women sit reading their newspapers or sleeping lightly in a corner, and no one speaks.An
Englishman once suggested to overseas visitors, "On entering a railway compartment, shake hands with all the passengers."
73It is well known that the English seldom show openly extremes of enthusiasm, emotion etc.Of course, an Englishman feels no less than any other nationality.74A map of more emotional temperament (
) might describe her as "a wonderful jewel", while the Englishman will flatly state "Urn, she's all right." An Englishman may recommend a highly successful and enjoyable film to friends by
commenting, "It's not bad." 75 .They must realize that "all right", "not bad" are very often used with the sense of "first class", "excellent".This special use of language is particularly common in English.
A.Needless to say, he was not being serious.
B.To be honest, the Englishman is easy-going and friendly.
C.Imagine a man commenting on the great beauty of a young girl.
D.Generally speaking, the Englishman is quiet, shy and reserved ().
E.People who visit England are sure that he or she is not interested in the film.
F.The overseas visitors must not be disappointed by this obvious lack of interest.
G.It is said that living on an island separated from the rest of Europe has much to do with it.
^),并在此符号下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
I am a 18-year-old student at Shiji High School in China.The moment I read the advertisement offered the chance to stay with your family during the Olympic Games, I decided that I have to apply.
English is one of my favorite subject at school.When I was 14, I read many books by Charles Dickens and thought the city of London described in it sounded so excited.I love music, and can wait to find out all the promising bands in London.And most important, I love sports.I am captain of my school football team and crazy at some other ball games as well.
I would be more grateful if you could reply as soon as possible.
Before we finish high school, I’d like to
Best wishes
Yours sincerely,
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
预览已结束,如需查看所有内容,请下载资料!
对不起,此页暂时无法预览!
官方微信公共账号
资源库-微信公众号

我要回帖

更多关于 cvc capital partners 的文章

随机推荐