whatyoutosay舞蹈 a childish thing to say

Use say in a sentence | say sentence examples
Say Sentence ExamplesI like the way you say thank you.I won't say anything to anyone.It hurts him when you say... things.Mom used to say that children and dogs weren't fooled by people.Whatever did I say to make you think that?And why did you say that?He had probably been hurting during the ride, but refused to say anything.Whatever was bothering him, he needed to say something or stop sulking.You know, I won't be offended if you just say no."Permit me to say," returned the dragonette, "that you are rather impolite to call us names, knowing that we cannot resent your insults.This will be extremely useful, because the game, as they say, has just changed completely.He said he would be gone for two days, but didn't say why he was going."Then say something sensible," retorted the kitten.Yancey was an attentive date, always knowing exactly what to say and do.How can you say that?Did he say what he wanted?I won't say anything to Alex about it.They didn't say anything he didn't already know.Len said he didn't say anything either.Come on, I think you've seen enough to convince yourself that I have a valid point when I say it's dangerous to wander in the woods.Give us a few days to learn what sort of laws you will make for us, and then we will say whether we can submit to them or not.I'm going to take Destiny and Jonathan down to say good-bye.Nor did he say anything when she exchanged the guitar for a violin and paid for lessons.No, but she did say he visited you.It was a foolish thing to say, given the circumstances, but she was up to her eyeballs with this lingering bad mood.In the savage state every family owns a shelter as good as the best, and sufficient for its coars but I think that I speak within bounds when I say that, though the birds of the air have their nests, and the foxes their holes, and the savages their wigwams, in modern civilized society not more than one half the families own a shelter.The nobility don't gwudge theah lives--evewy one of us will go and bwing in more wecwuits, and the sov'weign" (that was the way he referred to the Emperor) "need only say the word and we'll all die fo' him!" added the orator with animation.He probably wanted to say good-bye privately.So, let's say on average the pan is worth $2,000 to everyone who uses it—all the way from the people who just think it is "cool" to the people who it saves from food poisoning to the people whose lives and houses it saves.I thought then that I was "making up a story," as children say, and I eagerly sat down to write it before the ideas should slip from me.Even if Anna Pavlovna did not say so, he could see that she wished to and only refrained out of regard for his modesty.He tried to say, "That' of course she'll forget her childish promises and accept the offer," but before he had time to say it Natasha began again.So say the third class of historians who regard all historical persons, from monarchs to journalists, as the expression of their age.There was no good way to say it, so she might as well get to the facts.Mom used to say that children and dogs weren't fooled by people.It was hard to say whether Alex was withholding facts so she couldn't contest his decisions or simply because he thought she did not need to know.He leaned forward, as if to say something in her ear.But then, he didn't actually say he told her.Naturally he wouldn't say anything about his meeting with the other man.For a moment Lisa was too stunned to say anything.You couldn't even say I love you.Prisoner, what have you to say for yourself?"Mother," he would say, "do not be afraid.And say the net cost to society of having a gallon of polluted water dumped into the river—the cleanup cost, or the economic impact of the gallon of dirty water—is $10.Say you have two countries in the world.Say the second country requires the business to do none of those things.Say the world has ten thousand burger flippers.How many people do you know who say their job stretches them to their maximum potential?And when I say robots, I don't mean androids, which are people-shaped machines doing the work of people.But wait (as they say on late-night TV commercials), there's more!If I had to put a number on it, I would say ten thousandfold.Let's say you paid $30 for it and you love it.But let's say only 10 percent of industries will experience this thousandfold increase in productivity.They would say, If government is obligated to protect its citizens from a foreign invader, then it is obligated to protect them from a criminal.Didn't Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence, believe the Constitution should be rewritten every twenty years so that no one was governed by a document they had no say in creating?Why do I say this ultimately bankrupts nations?Let's say, to keep the math simple, they go up thirtyfold.So let's say your parents bought Coca Cola stock their entire life, left it all to you, and you are able to live off the dividend payments of the stock.In fact, let's say his own mother considered donating the portrait he painted of her to Goodwill but decided not to because "the poor have enough problems already."Those who argue they should not say there is no way for poor countries to compete with mechanized Western farming and the extremely high yields it produces.Others say poor nations need to develop free markets in agriculture and strongly discourage government intervention.Going back and forth between these strategies is problematic, to say the least.Say the poor decide they cannot compete with a modern farm, so they move to the city and get a job at a factory.So let's say the large corn farms all have a great year and a bountiful crop comes forth.I say we can improve things not by 20 or so percent, but by twenty times or more.Why do I say this?I do not say this to advance any political doctrine.What would we say to Borlaug if we met him in a cornfield and ended up discussing the world's problems over a beer somewhere?Some might say, Hunger is awful.Some might say something I consider even worse: It is inexcusable that some go hungry while you have so much.Before his death, Pol Pot conceded that his regime certainly killed people, but ''to say that millions died is too much.''In the United States, de Tocqueville's voluntary associations still do the job and anyone willing to make her way to a church or food pantry and say she is hungry will not leave empty handed.What would we have the centuries to come to say about us: That we were so eager to maximize our position of power and wealth that we turned a blind eye to injustice?I will spare my readers a description of this other than to say it is exactly what it sounds like.By declaring a pretty broad range of things worth killing and dying for, we say that each of those is more precious to us than human life.President Dwight Eisenhower, lifelong military man and five-star general, had much to say on the waging of war.It was a rhetorical question and, to those posing it, simply a wish—just another way to say, "Why can't we all just get along?"Why do I say world government is not a good idea and nation-states are?Even in civilized corporate offices, professionals in business attire say their work tasks place them "down in the trenches" or that a certain "campaign" requires "guerrilla" marketing.This is not to say that if another Pearl Harbor or another 9/11 occurred, people in any country wouldn't rise to the occasion and make great sacrifices if needed.This is not to say that businesses are so materialistic they will favor a war to get a government contract.Third, the web acts as a feedback loop in that it allows all people to say what is on their minds.And, of course, American fast food is the food the world loves to say it hates.The nationalists are the ones who say, "My country, right or wrong."Life, as they say, is good.My grandmother used to say, "There is many a slip between cup and lip."That is to say, wealth creation is about to skyrocket.I was only just learning to speak, and had previously repeated her name until I could say it perfectly.Now I must say, good-bye.Now, sweet mother, your little girl must say good-bye.I have read that the English and A but I am sure it would be much truer to say that we are brothers and sisters.Now I must say good-bye.I am very sorry to say that Tommy has not learned any words yet.I used to say I did not like arithmetic very well, but now I have changed my mind.I but I must say I did not enjoy it very much.I have read "Le Medecin Malgre Lui," a very good French comedy by Moliere, and they say I speak French pretty well now, and German also.Teacher and Mrs. Hopkins both say you must come as soon as you can!But Johnson, and "The Plague" and everything else must wait a few minutes this afternoon, while I say, thank you, my dear Mrs. Hutton....She h but they say she can sew and likes to help others in this sort of work.I ought to apologize to the reader and to Miss Keller for presuming to say what her subject matter is worth, but one more explanation is necessary.The finer traits of Miss Keller's character are so well known that one needs not say much about them.How perfectly absurd to say that Helen is 'already talking fluently!'Why, one might just as well say that a two-year-old child converses fluently when he says 'apple give,' or 'baby walk go.'Then the educators all over the world said their say and for the most part did not help matters.I had a lot to say, and couldn't stop to think how to express things neatly.If I say, "Where is baby's other ear?" she points it out correctly.If I hand her a flower, and say, "Give it to mamma," she takes it to her mother.But when I spell into her hand, "Give me some bread," she hands me the bread, or if I say, "Get your hat and we will go to walk," she obeys instantly.And right here I want to say something which is for your ears alone.Therefore let us be exceedingly careful what we say and write about her.It's easy enough, however, to say Helen is wonderful, because she really is.This morning I happened to say, "Helen will go upstairs."She has made me repeat the story of little Red Riding Hood so often that I believe I could say it backward.How ridiculous it is to say I had drunk so copiously of the noble spirit of Dr. Howe that I was fired with the desire to rescue from darkness and obscurity the little Alabamian!Teacher will say, We are silly.Nobody thinks of making a hearing child say, "I have a pretty new dress," at the beginning.She would say: "Helen milk."In two or three months after I began to teach her she would say: "Helen wants to go to bed," or, "Helen is sleepy, and Helen will go to bed.""It was poor Ginger," was all she could say at first.She would say, when speaking of the growth of a plant, "Mother Nature sends the sunshine and the rain to make the trees and the grass and the flowers grow."True, single words do sugge the child may say simply "mamma" when he means "Where is mamma?" but he learns the expression of the ideas that relate to mamma--he learns language--by hearing complete sentences.It is hard to say whether or not Miss Keller's speech is easy to understand.How do the blind girls know what to say with their mouths?But she interrupted me to say she was very sure she could feel my mouth very well.I can only say in reply, "This is due to habitual imitation and practice! practice! practice!"Other people say they have no success in making Miss Keller "hear" them.So I want to say to those who are trying to learn to speak and those who are teaching them: Be of good cheer.Words often make the thought, and the master of words will say things greater than are in him.To be sure, I take the keenest interest in everything that concerns t it is this very interest which makes it so difficult for me to carry on a conversation with some people who will not talk or say what they think, but I should not be sorry to find more friends ready to talk with me now and then about the wonderful things I read.If I were to preach at all in this strain, I should say rather, Set about being good.All that I could say, then, with respect to farming on a large scale--I have always cultivated a garden--was, that I had had my seeds ready.But I would say to my fellows, once for all, As long as possible live free and uncommitted.Every morning was a cheerful invitation to make my life of equal simplicity, and I may say innocence, with Nature herself.They say that characters were engraven on the bathing tub of King Tchingthang to this effect: "Renew thyself do it again, and again, and forever again."All memorable events, I should say, transpire in morning time and in a morning atmosphere.The Vedas say, "All intelligences awake with the morning."It matters not what the clocks say or the attitudes and labors of men.I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a h instead of a million count half a dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumb-nail.Men say that a stitch in time saves nine, and so they take a thousand stitches today to save nine tomorrow.Nor is there any man so independent on his farm that he can say them nay.No wonder that man added this bird to his tame stock--to say nothing of the eggs and drumsticks.Men frequently say to me, "I should think you would feel lonesome down there, and want to be nearer to folks, rainy and snowy days and nights especially."He would say, as he went by in the morning, How thick the pigeons are!It is well known that a large plate of glass will have a green tint, owing, as the makers say, to its "body," but a small piece of the same will be colorless.I see by its face that it is visited by and I can almost say, Walden, is it you?They are so much alike that you would say they must be connected under ground.I hesitate to say these things, but it is not because of the subject--I care not how obscene my words are--but because I cannot speak of them without betraying my impurity.Say, and then for morning calls and dinner-parties!When they make us an offer, is it wise to say, We will think of it?I now first began to inhabit my house, I may say, when I began to use it for warmth as well as shelter.The snow lying deep on the earth dotted with young pines, and the very slope of the hill on which my house is placed, seemed to say, Forward!The fishermen say that the "thundering of the pond" scares the fishes and prevents their biting.Say what you have to say, not what you ought.Say what you have to say, not what you ought.But almost all say that such is not the case now.We are accustomed to say, that the mass o but improvement is slow, because the few are not materially wiser or better than the many.I do not hesitate to say, that those who call themselves Abolitionists should at once effectually withdraw their support, both in person and property, from the government of Massachusetts, and not wait till they constitute a majority of one, before they suffer the right to prevail through them.But we love better to talk about it: that we say is our mission.I seek rather, I may say, even an excuse for conforming to the laws of the land."They say the ball will be very good," replied the princess, drawing up her downy little lip.One can't everywhere say all one thinks, mon cher.No, Andrew, I must say you have changed."You don't understand why I say this," he continued, "but it is the whole story of life."But what is there to say about me?" said Pierre, his face relaxing into a careless, merry smile.He suddenly blushed crimson, and it was plain that he had made a great effort to say this.But he did not say what "it really" was.I say, this is folly!"You don't say so!" replied the countess."Why do you say this young man is so rich?" asked the countess, turning away from the girls, who at once assumed an air of inattention.He evidently tried to find something to say, but failed."But they say that war has been declared," replied the visitor.The visitor, not knowing what to say, shook her head.And
though she's my daughter, I tell the truth when I say she'll be a singer, a second Salomoni!"What do the doctors say?" asked the princess after a pause, her worn face again expressing deep sorrow.We women, Prince," and she smiled tenderly, "always know how to say these things.Pierre smiled in his good-natured way as if afraid for his companion's sake that the latter might say something he would afterwards regret.Pierre was still afraid that this officer might inadvertently say something disconcerting to himself.But I just wish to say, to avoid misunderstandings, that you are quite mistaken if you reckon me or my mother among such people."No, but I say," said Pierre, calming down, "you are a wonderful fellow!And all will come right and she won't say anything to Mamma."You have made the place warm, I must say," he remarked.Anna Mikhaylovna evinced no surprise, she only smiled faintly and sighed, as if to say that this was no more than she had expected."Catch hold of my arm or you'll drop him!" he heard one of the servants say in a frightened whisper.He used to say that there are only two sources of human vice--idleness and superstition, and only two virtues--activity and intelligence.To say nothing of my brothers, this war has deprived me of one of the associations nearest my heart.What then should I say, if I dared complain, I who am deprived of all who are dear to me?Why do you say all this to me?She tried to say something but could not.Let us go to her, I must say good-by.I've come to say good-by.If you have anything to say, say it.Say what you want.He felt that he must not say it.Kutuzov walked through the ranks, sometimes stopping to say a few friendly words to officers he had known in the Turkish war, sometimes also to the soldiers.Looking at their boots he several times shook his head sadly, pointing them out to the Austrian general with an expression which seemed to say that he was not blaming anyone, but could not help noticing what a bad state of things it was.Dolokhov looked round but did not say anything, nor did the mocking smile on his lips change.Did he say when the battles are to begin?"I say, come round some evening and we'll have a game of faro!" said Zherkov."All I can say, General," said he with a pleasant elegance of expression and intonation that obliged one to listen to each deliberately spoken word.And Kutuzov smiled in a way that seemed to say, You are quite at liberty not to believe me and I don't even care whether you do or not, but you have no grounds for telling me so.But Kutuzov went on blandly smiling with the same expression, which seemed to say that he had a right to suppose so.Then he lifted his head, stretched his neck as if he intended to say something, but immediately, with affected indifference, began to hum to himself, producing a queer sound which immediately broke off.Rostov shrugged his shoulders as much as to say: "Nor do I, but what's one to do?" and, having given his order, he returned to Telyanin.He leaned his elbows on the table with his pen in his hand and, evidently glad of a chance to say quicker in words what he wanted to write, told Rostov the contents of his letter.They say there are Italian girls among them.You say the affair was decisive?In society he always awaited an opportunity to say something striking and took part in a conversation only when that was possible.* "But my dear fellow, with all my respect for the Orthodox Russian army, I must say that your victory was not particularly victorious."You abandon Vienna, give up its defense--as much as to say: 'Heaven is with us, but heaven help you and your capital!'"Buonaparte?" said Bilibin inquiringly, puckering up his forehead to indicate that he was about to say something witty.But it will please our sovereign the Emperor Napoleon if we take this bridge, so let us three go and take it!' 'Yes, let's!' say the others.They say we are going to Olmutz, and Olmutz is a very decent town."The soldiers say it feels easier without boots," said Captain Tushin smiling shyly in his uncomfortable position, evidently wishing to adopt a jocular tone."No, friend," said a pleasant and, as it seemed to Prince Andrew, a familiar voice, "what I say is that if it were possible to know what is beyond death, none of us would be afraid of it.Whatever we may say about the soul going to the sky... we know there is no sky but only an atmosphere.Prince Bagration screwed up his eyes, looked round, and, seeing the cause of the confusion, turned away with indifference, as if to say, "Is it worth while noticing trifles?"A morose soldier marching on the left turned his eyes on Bagration as he shouted, with an expression that seemed to say: "We know that ourselves!"Tushin did not say that there were no covering troops, though that was perfectly true.Prince Bagration, apparently not wishing to be severe, found nothing to say; the others did not venture to intervene.Nor did he say to himself: "Pierre is a rich man, I must entice him to marry my daughter and lend me the forty thousand rubles I need."Pierre knew that everyone was waiting for him to say a word and cross a certain line, and he knew that sooner or later he would step across it, but an incomprehensible terror seized him at the thought of that dreadful step.The old princess sighed sadly as she offered some wine to the old lady next to her and glanced angrily at her daughter, and her sigh seemed to say: "Yes, there's nothing left for you and me but to sip sweet wine, my dear, now that the time has come for these young ones to be thus boldly, provocatively happy."But, as he had to say something, he began by asking her whether she was satisfied with the party.The sight of the discomposure of that old man of the world touched Pierre: he looked at Helene and she too seemed disconcerted, and her look seemed to say: "Well, it is your own fault."She thought: "If I seem not to notice he will think that I do not if I seem sad and out of spirits myself, he will say (as he has done before) that I'm in the dumps."Prince Vasili's two valets were busy dressing him, and he looked round with much animation and cheerfully nodded to his son as the latter entered, as if to say: "Yes, that's how I want you to look."I say, Father, joking apart, is she very hideous?Say 'perhaps'... The future is so long.How strange, how extraordinary, how joyful it seemed, that her son, the scarcely perceptible motion of whose tiny limbs she had felt twenty years ago within her, that son about whom she used to have quarrels with the too indulgent count, that son who had first learned to say "pear" and then "granny," that this son should now be away in a foreign land amid strange surroundings, a manly warrior doing some kind of man's work of his own, without help or guidance.About some Denisov or other, though he himself, I dare say, is braver than any of them.I say, send for some wine."We shall probably advance," replied Bolkonski, evidently reluctant to say more in the presence of a stranger.And he was still more angry at having omitted to say it.He would say a lot of pleasant things, ask you to dinner" ("That would not be bad as regards the unwritten code," thought Boris), "but nothing more would come of it.And what did he say? inquired Bolkonski.Rostov saw tears filling the Emperor's eyes and heard him, as he was riding away, say to Czartoryski: What a terrible thing war is: what a terrible thing!"Not 'our Sovereign, the Emperor,' as they say at official dinners," said he, "but the health of our Sovereign, that good, enchanting, and great man!Just as in a clock, the result of the complicated motion of innumerable wheels and pulleys is merely a slow and regular movement of the hands which show the time, so the result of all the complicated human activities of 160,000 Russians and French--all their passions, desires, remorse, humiliations, sufferings, outbursts of pride, fear, and enthusiasm--was only the loss of the battle of Austerlitz, the so-called battle of the three Emperors--that is to say, a slow movement of the hand on the dial of human history.I won't say he is out of sorts, but I fancy he would like to be heard.In the middle of one of the longest sentences, he stopped the rotary motion of the snuffbox, raised his head, and with inimical politeness lurking in the corners of his thin lips interrupted Weyrother, wishing to say something.But the Austrian general, continuing to read, frowned angrily and jerked his elbows, as if to say: "You can tell me your views later, but now be so good as to look at the map and listen."When the reading which lasted more than an hour was over, Langeron again brought his snuffbox to rest and, without looking at Weyrother or at anyone in particular, began to say how difficult it was to carry out such a plan in which the enemy's position was assumed to be known, whereas it was perhaps not known, since the enemy was in movement.How he looked at me and wished to say something, but dared not....I say, shall we soon be clear?They say the cavalry are blocking the way, said an officer.The Tsar looked intently and observantly into Kutuzov's eye waiting to hear whether he would say anything more.What was he now to say to the Tsar or to Kutuzov, even if they were alive and unwounded?I say, Tit! said the groom.They say this one is the commander of all the Emperor Alexander's Guards, said the first one, indicating a Russian officer in the white uniform of the Horse Guards.But to whom should I say that?We knew you'd say so."How strange it is," said Vera, selecting a moment when all were silent, "that Sonya and Nicholas now say you to one another and meet like strangers."Say that everything out of the hothouses must be brought here well wrapped up in felt.They say Pierre is quite broken by his misfortune.Bagration seemed to say, and, fixing his weary eyes on the paper, began to read them with a fixed and serious expression.Why did I say 'Je vous aime' * to her, which was a lie, and worse than a lie?That I shall be the laughingstock of all Moscow, that everyone will say that you, drunk and not knowing what you were about, challenged a man you are jealous of without cause.Pierre wished to say something, looked at her with eyes whose strange expression she did not understand, and lay down again.Say it's only indigestion, say so, Mary!Say it's only indigestion, say so, Mary!The old prince, stepping on his heels, paced up and down his study and sent Tikhon to ask Mary Bogdanovna what news.--"Say only that 'the prince told me to ask,' and come and tell me her answer.""Ah, what have you done to me?" it still seemed to say, and Prince Andrew felt that something gave way in his soul and that he was guilty of a sin he could neither remedy nor forget.The old man too came up and kissed the waxen little hands that lay quietly crossed one on the other on her breast, and to him, too, her face seemed to say: "Ah, what have you done to me, and why?""Yes, Count," she would say, "he is too noble and pure-souled for our present, depraved world.I don't know how I'm to say it.He tried to say more, but faltered.He seemed to emphasize the last word, as if to say--Yes, misfortune!"But if for reason you don't feel inclined to talk to me," said the old man, "say so, my dear sir.""I should never dare to say that I know the truth," said the Mason, whose words struck Pierre more and more by their precision and firmness.And thou art more foolish and unreasonable than a little child, who, playing with the parts of a skillfully made watch, dares to say that, as he does not understand its use, he does not believe in the master who made it.A man offended you and you shot him, and you say you do not know God and hate your life.Pierre wished to say this to the Mason, but did not dare to.He blinked, went red, got up and sat down again, struggling with himself to do what was for him the most difficult thing in life--to say an unpleasant thing to a man's face, to say what the other, whoever he might be, did not expect.We shall not cease to express our sincere views on that subject, and can only say to the King of Prussia and others: 'So much the worse for you.Tu l'as voulu, George Dandin,' that's all we have to say about it!Anna Pavlovna waited for him to go on, but as he seemed quite decided to say no more she began to tell of how at Potsdam the impious Bonaparte had stolen the sword of Frederick the Great.Gallop off to him at once and say I'll have his head off if everything is not here in a week."Ah yes, and what else did he say that's unpleasant?" thought Prince Andrew, recalling his father's letter.Those who retreat after a battle have lost it is what we say; and according to that it is we who lost the battle of Pultusk.You lived for yourself and say you nearly ruined your life and only found happiness when you began living for others.But as soon as he thought of what he should say, he felt that Prince Andrew with one word, one argument, would upset all his teaching, and he shrank from beginning, afraid of exposing to possible ridicule what to him was precious and sacred.You say: join our brotherhood and we will show you the aim of life, the destiny of man, and the laws which govern the world.You say you can't see a reign of goodness and truth on earth.She looked at him with her beautiful radiant eyes and seemed to say, "I like you very much, but please don't laugh at my people."Say what you like....They say great rewards will now be distributed, and surely a pardon would be granted....This is what I say: 'If I had wobbed the Tweasuwy...'The looks the visitors cast on him seemed to say: "And what is he sitting here for?"Well then, say so!She did not now say those former terrible words to him, but looked simply, merrily, and inquisitively at him."My dear," Princess Mary entering at such a moment would say, "little Nicholas can't go out today, it's very cold."He did not say that the Emperor had kept him, and Prince Andrew noticed this affectation of modesty.Speranski went on to say that honor, l'honneur, cannot be upheld by privileges ha that honor, l'honneur, is either a negative concept of not doing what is blameworthy or it is a source of emulation in pursuit of commendation and rewards, which recognize it.Young men read books before attending Helene's evenings, to have something to say in her salon, and secretaries of the embassy, and even ambassadors, confided diplomatic secrets to her, so that in a way Helene was a power.Well, you will be coming," he was going to say, "to dine," but changed his mind and said "to take tea with us," and quickly doubling up his tongue he blew a small round ring of tobacco smoke, perfectly embodying his dream of happiness."Nowadays old friends are not remembered," the countess would say when Boris was mentioned.Don't say it--I know.You say Boris is nice.Speak, Mamma, why don't you say anything?One can really say it's a wonderful voice!"Say what you like," exclaimed Sonya, in a despairing voice as she looked at Natasha, "say what you like, it's still too long.""Say what you like," exclaimed Sonya, in a despairing voice as she looked at Natasha, "say what you like, it's still too long."Beautiful and clever... they say Prince--is quite mad about her.They say she has millions.A very simple thought occurred to him: What does it matter to me or to Bitski what the Emperor was pleased to say at the Council?She felt that he wanted to say something to her but could not bring himself to do so.What else did he say to you?Once she came to her mother, tried to say something, and suddenly began to cry."There, that's me!" the expression of her face seemed to say as she caught sight of herself."It is long since we had the pleasure..." began the countess, but Prince Andrew interrupted her by answering her intended question, obviously in haste to say what he had to.Why do you say that?Religion, and religion alone, can--I will not say comfort us--but save us from despair.You say it rests with me.Daniel himself felt this, and as usual stood just inside the door, trying to speak softly and not move, for fear of breaking something in the master's apartment, and he hastened to say all that was necessary so as to get from under that ceiling, out into the open under the sky once more.What sportsmen! and as if scorning to say more to the frightened and shamefaced count, he lashed the heaving flanks of his sweating chestnut gelding with all the anger the count had aroused and flew off after the hounds.Before Natasha had finished singing, fourteen-year-old Petya rushed in delightedly, to say that some mummers had arrived.Well, say you went to the barn now, and listened.How could she say such a thing!I will never let anyone say anything bad of Sonya, for there is nothing but good in her.Sonya had not seen anything, she was just wanting to blink and to get up when she heard Natasha say, "Of course she will!"But why shouldn't I say I saw something?Exploding at the word intriguer, Nicholas, raising his voice, told his mother he had never expected her to try to force him to sell his feelings, but if that were so, he would say for the last time....Next day the prince did not say a word to his daughter, but she noticed that at dinner he gave orders that Mademoiselle Bourienne should be served first.Prince Bolkonski glanced at the young man as if about to say something in reply, but changed his mind, evidently considering him too young.At the next review, they say, the Emperor did not once deign to address him.And they themselves sit there nearly naked, like the signboards at our Public Baths if I may say so.That is all one can say about her.He laughed blandly at her naive diplomacy but listened to what she had to say, and sometimes questioned her carefully about the Penza and Nizhegorod estates.There was no need to say more: Julie's face shone with triumph and self- but she forced Boris to say all that is said on such occasions--that he loved her and had never loved any other woman more than her.Natasha and Princess Mary looked at one another in silence, and the longer they did so without saying what they wanted to say, the greater grew their antipathy to one another.They say Semenova acts marvelously.She could say what she did not think--especially what was flattering--quite simply and naturally.She did not know what to say and turned away as if she had not heard his remark.Don't say such things to me.I have nothing to say, her eyes replied."Natalie, just a word, only one!" he kept repeating, evidently not knowing what to say and he repeated it till Helene came up to them.What I say is true!Then he went on to say that he knew her parents would not give her to him--for this there were secret reasons he could reveal only to her--but that if she loved him she need only say the word yes, and no human power could hinder their bliss.How dare you say he is dishonorable?"I say, Balaga," said Anatole, putting his hands on the man's shoulders, "do you care for me or not?Prince Andrew, as if trying to remember whether he had something more to say, or waiting to see if Pierre would say anything, looked fixedly at him."I say, do you remember our discussion in Petersburg?" asked Pierre, "about..."I said that a fallen woman should be forgiven, but I didn't say I could forgive her.He knew he had something more to say to her.We are forced to fall back on fatalism as an explanation of irrational events (that is to say, events the reasonableness of which we do not understand).What did he say? was heard in the ranks of the Polish uhlans when one of the aides-de-camp rode up to them.You say I have begun this war!Barclay is said to be the most capable of them all, but I cannot say so, judging by his first movements.Balashev knew how to reply to each of Napoleon's remarks, an he continually made the gesture of a man wishing to say something, but Napoleon always interrupted him.Napoleon nodded condescendingly, as if to say, I know it's your duty to say that, but you don't believe it yourself.Why does Prince Andrew, who sees this, say nothing to me about his sister?"Why do you say that?" replied Princess Mary.Why do you say that, when you are going to this terrible war, and he is so old?Is a man a genius who can order bread to be brought up at the right time and say who is to go to the right and who to the left?"You'll never get well like that," she would say, forgetting her grief in her vexation, "if you won't obey the doctor and take your medicine at the right time!But she did not give him time to say them.They say we're already near Smolensk, replied Pierre.Let him but say the word and we'll all go....Well, Papa, I tell you definitely, and Mamma too, it's as you please, but I say definitely that you must let me enter the army, because I can't... that's all...."Because I love you!" was what he wanted to say, but he did not say it, and only blushed till the tears came, and lowered his eyes.While dressing, Petya had prepared many fine things he meant to say to the gentleman-in- waiting.Pierre wished to say that he was ready to sacrifice his money, his serfs, or himself, only one ought to know the state of affairs in order to be able to improve it, but he was unable to speak.Those standing behind noticed what a speaker omitted to say and hastened to supply it.In his first letter which came soon after he had left home, Prince Andrew had dutifully asked his father's forgiveness for what he had allowed himself to say and begged to be restored to his favor.They say the other day Matthew Ivanych Platov drove them into the river Marina and drowned some eighteen thousand in one day.Tell me, for God's sake, what will Russia, our mother Russia, say to our being so frightened, and why are we abandoning our good and gallant Fatherland to such rabble and implanting feelings of hatred and shame in all our subjects?"But, Prince, they say he is blind!" said he, reminding Prince Vasili of his own words.One thing was certain--that he was suffering and wished to say something.Dron got up and was about to say something, but Alpatych interrupted him."'Told them,' I dare say!" said Alpatych.A maid came to the door to say that Alpatych was asking for orders about their departure.Alpatych did say something about going....What they would have said and what they would have done she felt bound to say and do.Dunyasha, the nurse, and the other maids could not say in how far Mademoiselle Bourienne's statement was correct.They say they don't agree to leave Bogucharovo as you ordered.Never will that moment return for him or for me when he might have said all he longed to say, and not Tikhon but I might have heard and understood him.What did I say? said Alpatych, coming into his own again.They say he weceives evewyone, thank God!...Kutuzov swayed his head, as much as to say: "How is one man to deal with it all?" and again listened to Denisov.But how could one say that in Russian?Pierre could not say, and he did not try to determine for whom and for what he felt such particular delight in sacrificing everything.The Russian army, they say, in its retreat from Smolensk sought out for itself the best position for a general engagement and found such a position at Borodino.The Russians, they say, fortified this position in advance on the left of the highroad (from Moscow to Smolensk) and almost at a right angle to it, from Borodino to Utitsa, at the very place where the battle was fought.So the histories say, and it is all quite wrong, as anyone who cares to look into the matter can easily convince himself.Napoleon, riding to Valuevo on the twenty-fourth, did not see (as the history books say he did) the position of the Russians from Utitsa to Borodino (he could not have seen that position because it did not exist), nor did he see an advanced post of the Russian army, but while pursuing the Russian rearguard he came upon the left flank of the Russian position--at the Shevardino Redoubt--and unexpectedly for the Russians moved his army across the Kolocha.The battle of Borodino was not fought on a chosen and entrenched position with forces only slightly weaker than those of the enemy, but, as a result of the loss of the Shevardino Redoubt, the Russians fought the battle of Borodino on an open and almost unentrenched position, with forces only half as numerous as the F that is to say, under conditions in which it was not merely unthinkable to fight for ten hours and secure an indecisive result, but unthinkable to keep an army even from complete disintegration and flight.I say, fellow countryman!In spite of the obscurity of the soldier's words Pierre understood what he wanted to say and nodded approval.They say it's very strong, said Pierre.I concluded that if I reported to your Serene Highness you might send me away or say that you knew what I was reporting, but then I shouldn't lose anything...And as often happens with old people, Kutuzov began looking about absent-mindedly as if forgetting all he wanted to say or do.Oh yes, and what do the masonic brothers say about war?Not being a military man I can't say I have understood it fully, but I understand the general position.Well, say your father has a German valet, and he is a splendid valet and satisfies your father's requirements better than you could, then it's all right to let him serve."And they say he's a skillful commander," rejoined Pierre.But tomorrow we shan't say it!He understood that latent heat (as they say in physics) of patriotism which was present in all these men he had seen, and this explained to him why they all prepared for death calmly, and as it were lightheartedly.She incoherently described the depths of the forest, her feelings, and a talk with a beekeeper she met, and constantly interrupted her story to say: No, I can't!Another valet, with his finger over the mouth of a bottle, was sprinkling Eau de Cologne on the Emperor's pampered body with an expression which seemed to say that he alone knew where and how much Eau de Cologne should be sprinkled.But though Napoleon knew that de Beausset had to say something of this kind, and though in his lucid moments he knew it was untrue, he was pleased to hear it from him."Do you remember, sire, what you did me the honor to say at Smolensk?" continued Rapp.These puffs of smoke and (strange to say) the sound of the firing produced the chief beauty of the spectacle.What do you say? asked Napoleon."Yes, yes: go, dear boy, and have a look," he would say to one or anothe or, "No, don't, we'd better wait!"I say, Fedor! said the foremost peasant.Clouds gathered and drops of rain began to fall on the dead and wounded, on the frightened, exhausted, and hesitating men, as if to say: Enough, men!But however small the units it takes, we feel that to take any unit disconnected from others, or to assume a beginning of any phenomenon, or to say that the will of many men is expressed by the actions of any one historic personage, is in itself false.The peasants say that a cold wind blows in late spring because the oaks are budding, and really every spring cold winds do blow when the oak is budding.From all this talk he saw only one thing: that to defend Moscow was a physical impossibility in the full meaning of those words, that is to say, so utterly impossible that if any senseless commander were to give orders to fight, confusion would result but the battle would still not take place.The prince was about to say something, but Helene interrupted him."Helene, I have a word to say to you," and he would lead her aside, drawing her hand downward.That is all I have to say, and concealing his unvarying emotion he would press his cheek against his daughter's and move away.Bilibin shrugged his shoulders, as much as to say that not even he could help in that difficulty.Yes, one must harness them, must harness them! he repeated to himself with inward rapture, feeling that these words and they alone expressed what he wanted to say and solved the question that tormented him.I only say what I heard.That's a tradesman, that is to say, he's the restaurant keeper, Vereshchagin.And the count wanted him to say it was from Klyucharev?Say from whom you had it.' 'I have seen no papers, I made it up myself.'The army is burning with a spirit of heroism and the leaders, so to say, have now assembled in council.The count was about to say something, but evidently restrained himself.They say he is dying, replied the maid with a sigh.You say he is dying?Pierre glanced absently at Natasha and was about to say something, but the countess interrupted him.His major-domo came in a second time to say that the Frenchman who had brought the letter from the countess was very anxious to see him if only for a minute, and that someone from Bazdeev's widow had called to ask Pierre to take charge of her husband's books, as she herself was leaving for the country.No, of course... go and say I will come directly, Pierre replied to the major-domo."Look here," he added, taking Gerasim by a button of his coat and looking down at the old man with moist, shining, and ecstatic eyes, "I say, do you know that there is going to be a battle tomorrow?"'Boyars,' I will say to them, 'I do not desire war, I desire the peace and welfare of all my subjects.'Your excellency, they say they have got ready, according to your orders, to go against the French, and they shouted something about treachery.At the count's first words he raised it slowly and looked up at him as if wishing to say something or at least to meet his eye.What men!... and they say he's not the right one....Planning beforehand what he would say to Kutuzov, Rostopchin turned angrily in his caleche and gazed sternly from side to side.And strange to say, the Governor of Moscow, the proud Count Rostopchin, took up a Cossack whip and went to the bridge where he began with shouts to drive on the carts that blocked the way.'It is not I but the hand of Providence that punishes thee,' I shall say, thought he, imagining what he would say when killing Napoleon.I say I won't surrender, I say..."What a thing to say!" he exclaimed.I won't say another word to him, thought Pierre."How do you say it?" the captain asked quickly and doubtfully.I say it with my hand on my heart! said he, striking his chest.A healthy man can tear himself away from the deepest reflections to say a civil word to someone who comes in and can then return again to his own thoughts.They say the poor countess is very ill."They say that the rivals are reconciled, thanks to the angina..." and the word angina was repeated with great satisfaction.Prince Vasili sternly declaimed, looking round at his audience as if to inquire whether anyone had anything to say to the contrary.Colonel Michaud, do not forget what I say to you here, perhaps we may recall it with pleasure someday...When he heard these words and saw the expression of firm resolution in the Emperor's eyes, Michaud--quoique etranger, russe de coeur et d'ame-- at that solemn moment felt himself enraptured by all that he had heard (as he used afterwards to say), and gave expression to his own feelings and those of the Russian people whose representative he considered himself to be, in the following words:Catherine Petrovna speaks of Lily, but I say, no--the princess!You know Sonya has nothing and you yourself say your Papa's affairs are in a very bad way.Assuming that she did go down to see him, Princess Mary imagined the words he would say to her and what she would say to him, and these words sometimes seemed undeservedly cold and then to mean too much.As soon as Pierre began to say anything that did not fit in with that aim, the channel was removed and the water could flow to waste."You are not what you say," returned Davout.Without finishing what he had begun to say he made a hopeless movement with his arm and went away.What did you say? asked Pierre."I say things happen not as we plan but as God judges," he replied, thinking that he was repeating what he had said before, and immediately continued:He would often say the exact opposite of what he had said on a previous occasion, yet both would be right.The servants say he is still the same.Despite her excitement, Princess Mary realized that this was the countess and that it was necessary to say something to her.Natasha was gazing at her, but seemed afraid and in doubt whether to say she seemed to feel that before those luminous eyes which penetrated into the very depths of her heart, it was impossible not to tell the whole truth which she saw.Princess Mary heard him and did not understand how he could say such a thing.He, the sensitive, tender Prince Andrew, how could he say that, before her whom he loved and who loved him?"Yes, they say it's burned," he said.Just as it is impossible to say when it was decided to abandon Moscow, so it is impossible to say precisely when, or by whom, it was decided to move to Tarutino.Ermolov came forward with a frown on his face and, hearing what the officer had to say, took the papers from him without a word.Of all that Napoleon might have done: wintering in Moscow, advancing on Petersburg or on Nizhni-Novgorod, or retiring by a more northerly or more southerly route (say by the road Kutuzov afterwards took), nothing more stupid or disastrous can be imagined than what he actually did.But to say that he destroyed his army because he wished to, or because he was very stupid, would be as unjust as to say that he had brought his troops to Moscow because he wished to and because he was very clever and a genius.Besides, Monsieur Kiril, you have only to say a word to the captain, you know."You see, dear man, this is not a sewing shop, and I and, as they say, one needs a tool even to kill a louse," said Platon with one of his round smiles, obviously pleased with his work.It's what the old folk used to say: 'A sweating hand's an open hand, a dry hand's close.'"Dram-da-da-dam, dam-dam..." rattled the drums, and Pierre understood that this mysterious force completely controlled these men and that it was now useless to say any more.Yes, I dare say, that's the way they'll let you pass...Prisoners, Cossacks, and the scouts all say the same thing.Toll was beginning to say something but Kutuzov checked him.He tried to say something, but his face suddenly p he waved his arm at Toll and turned to the opposite side of the room, to the corner darkened by the icons that hung there.So it came about that at the council at Malo-Yaroslavets, when the generals pretending to confer together expressed various opinions, all mouths were closed by the opinion uttered by the simple-minded soldier Mouton who, speaking last, said what they all felt: that the one thing needful was to get away as and no one, not even Napoleon, could say anything against that truth which they all recognized.But that native land was too far off, and for a man going a thousand miles it is absolutely necessary to set aside his final goal and to say to himself: "Today I shall get to a place twenty-five miles off where I shall rest and spend the night," and during the first day's journey that resting place eclipses his ultimate goal and attracts all his hopes and desires.He could not tell them what we say now: Why fight, why block the road, losing our own men and inhumanly slaughtering unfortunate wretches?To strain the facts to fit the rules of history: to say that the field of battle at Borodino remained in the hands of the Russians, or that after Moscow there were other battles that destroyed Napoleon's army, is impossible.That unknown quantity is the spirit of the army, that is to say, the greater or lesser readiness to fight and face danger felt by all the men composing an army, quite independently of whether they are, or are not, fighting under the command of a genius, in two--or three-line formation, with cudgels or with rifles that repeat thirty times a minute.The boy, thrusting his cold hands into his pockets and lifting his eyebrows, looked at Denisov in affright, but in spite of an evident desire to say all he knew gave confused answers, merely assenting to everything Denisov asked him."I might ask," he thought, "but they'll say: 'He's a boy himself and so he pities the boy.'There were many things Petya wanted to say to the drummer boy, but did not dare to.And I say boldly that I have not a single man's life on my conscience.I only say that I'll certainly go with you, said Petya shyly.You say they'll die.Petya wished to say "Good night" but could not utter a word.I say, aren't the flints in your pistols worn out?He did not say another word to Petya but rode in silence all the way.Karataev looked at Pierre with his kindly round eyes now filled with tears, evidently wishing him to come near that he might say something to him."C'est grand!" * say the historians, and there no longer exists either good or evil but only "grand" and "not grand."I did not say what I meant.They say that when we've finished hammering them, we're to receive double kits!But in the Third Company they say nine men were missing yesterday.They say Platov took 'Poleon himself twice."What can one say or think of as a consolation?" said Pierre.He did not purposely say things to please her, but whatever he was saying he regarded from her standpoint.Dessalles' voice was heard outside the door asking whether little Nicholas might come in to say good night.Pierre in shamefaced and happy confusion glanced occasionally at her, and tried to think what to say next to introduce a fresh subject.I say this to you, he added, turning to Natasha.They say men are friends when they are quite different.Better not say anything to her either.And they actually say he is not honest and takes bribes.The cabmen he met and their passengers, the carpenters cutting the timber for new houses with axes, the women hawkers, and the shopkeepers, all looked at him with cheerful beaming eyes that seemed to say: Ah, there he is!Princess Mary, foreseeing no end to this, rose first, and complaining of a headache began to say good night.Tomorrow--but I won't say good-by yet.She was going to say that to speak of love was impossible, but she stopped because she had seen by the sudden change in Natasha two days before that she would not only not be hurt if Pierre spoke of his love, but that it was the very thing she wished for.Next day Pierre came to say good-by.Yes, yes, how did she say it?He did not repeat to himself with a sickening feeling of shame the words he had spoken, or say: "Oh, why did I not say that?" and, "Whatever made me say 'Je vous aime'?"She no longer complained of her position, did not say a word about the past, and no longer feared to make happy plans for the future.But the once proud and shrewd rulers of France, feeling that their part is played out, are even more bewildered than he, and do not say the words they should have said to destroy him and retain their power.It was just when the count's affairs had become so involved that it was impossible to say what would happen if he lived another year that he unexpectedly died.He wished to help her and say something pleasant, but could think of nothing to say.She would begin to say something to her in a low tone from the other end of the room."Come, Anna Makarovna," Pierre's voice was heard saying, "come here into the middle of the room and at the word of command, 'One, two,' and when I say 'three'... You stand here, and you in my arms--well now!Soon after this the children came in to say good night.What I say is widen the scope of our society, let the mot d'ordre be not virtue alone but independence and action as well!You say that everything here is rotten and that an overthrow is coming: I don't see it.But you also say that our oath of allegiance is a conditional matter, and to that I reply: 'You are my best friend, as you know, but if you formed a secret society and began working against the government- -be it what it may--I know it is my duty to obey the government.But she knew she must not say this and that it would be useless to do so.What will become of us if she dies, as I always fear when her face is like that? thought he, and placing himself before the icon he began to say his evening prayers.So you say ideas are an amusement to him....Besides, when I was in Petersburg I felt (I can say this to you) that the whole affair would go to pieces without me--everyone was pulling his own way.I only wished to say that ideas that have great results are always simple ones.Peasants having no clear idea of the cause of rain, say, according to whether they want rain or fine weather: "The wind has blown the clouds away," or, "The wind has brought up the clouds."And in the same way the universal historians sometimes, when it pleases them and fits in with their theory, say that power is the result of events, and sometimes, when they want to prove something else, say that power produces events.Of the immense number of indications accompanying every vital phenomenon, these historians select the indication of intellectual activity and say that this indication is the cause.But not to speak of the intrinsic quality of histories of this kind (which may possibly even be of use to someone for something) the histories of culture, to which all general histories tend more and more to approximate, are significant from the fact that after seriously and minutely examining various religious, philosophic, and political doctrines as causes of events, as soon as they have to describe an actual historic event such as the campaign of 1812 for instance, they involuntarily describe it as resulting from an exercise of power--and say plainly that that was the result of Napoleon's will.Recognizing the falsity of this view of history, another set of historians say that power rests on a conditional delegation of the will of the people to their rulers, and that historical leaders have power only conditionally on carrying out the program that the will of the people has by tacit agreement prescribed to them.But what this program consists in these historians do not say, or if they do they continually contradict one another.Whatever happens and whoever may stand at the head of affairs, the theory can always say that such and such a person took the lead because the collective will was transferred to him.On the other hand, even if we admitted that words could be the cause of events, history shows that the expression of the will of historical personages does not in most cases produce any effect, that is to say, their commands are often not executed, and sometimes the very opposite of what they order occurs.When, for instance, we say that Napoleon ordered armies to go to war, we combine in one simultaneous expression a whole series of consecutive commands dependent one on another.We say that Napoleon wished to invade Russia and invaded it.Well, he did say he would go because she and Jonathan wanted to.I guess we could say he hasn't been around much.We could say he has excellent taste.He's irritated, but he probably won't say anything.He might never say anything to Jonathan about it, but Jonathan would know in other ways how he felt.I don't know how many times or how many ways I can say I'm sorry.I guess she just wanted to say goodbye.It must have taken a long time to say good-bye.But why didn't you say something to me about all of this before now?Still, a person didn't need to say it to feel it.She said he had kicked her out, but refused to say why.It's best you don't say anything right now.If you don't want me to use the pool, just say so.If he caught her in the woods, she could say she was looking for wild flowers.More importantly, what would he say when she returned?I like to get you going, just to see what you'll say next.He didn't say and I didn't ask.He couldn't understand why she would say that when she'd been living in his house so long.She did say he was temperamental, Connie said.Dorothy was too dazed to say much, but she watched one of Jim's big ears turn to violet and the other to rose, and wondered that his tail should be yellow and his body striped with blue and orange like the stripes of a zebra."Who did you say it was?" whispered Zeb to the girl."I should say so!" grunted another of the piglets, looking un "cats are cruel things."Quite young, I grieve to say; and all of my brothers and sisters that you see here are practically my own age.I only bossed the job, as we say in Omaha.Go and get my kitten, please, Jellia, and we'll hear what she has to say about it.They say she has a family of y and that is why she kills so many lambs.But Daniel's father did not say anything about college.And people say that fortune comes to us in our sleep.But one day after he had become a man, he said: Tell me about the great world which, you say, lies outside of these palace walls."Did he say anything, father?" asked Charlot."Think what your mother would say if she saw you in the clothes of a poor man's son." said the cardinal.Let them say what they please, I am not going to change my clothes.They say he is hunting in the woods, and perhaps will ride out this way."They say that King Henry always has a number of men with him," "how shall I know which is he?"After reading my arguments, you may or may not believe the future I describe is inevitable, as I say it is.My point is: While the Internet does all those things, it is not accurate to say the Internet is only any one of them.Let's say Linda has come up with a pretty interesting idea: A social network for couples.So when doubters scoff—There's art on YouTube?—I say yes.We look at antique furniture today and say, "Man, they sure don't make stuff as good as they used to."Via books, ideas became mobile—or as we would say today, went viral—spreading to other villages and other countries and to multiple places around the world simultaneously.So he commissioned seven emissaries to go out to seven certain oracles around the world and on a predetermined day, let's say July 12, at a predetermined time, say 3:00 p.m.But even if I had a robot that knew everything, I couldn't really say, "Tell me every custom they have here" and be fully informed.But let's say everyone had their device set to "broadcast my location but not my identity" constantly.I say "could" because I doubt they have all those databases loaded yet, but you get the idea.Once that is achieved, the sort of event that will happen is: You will be online to order, say, a replacement water filter, and the suggestion engine will propose that along with the filter, you might like to buy ... a pogo stick.(It would have many more, but for now let's just say it includes a million things about you.)And you may say, "Meh."And what do we say of aging itself?Say, for instance, you believe redheads cause more traffic accidents than those with other colors of hair.You could say, "When I eat corn dogs, I get a headache" and start studying that.It is safe to say that the man with seventeen puppies is creating more happiness by giving one each to sixteen friends than he is forgoing by his loss of puppies.It is tempting to say that but entirely wrong.It is safe to say that more than a majority of people in rich nations feel this way.I wish to say here that I have not had this advantage since in any of my examinations.The sun and the air are God's free gifts to all we say, but are they so?Oh, man, how dost thou forget and obstruct thy brother man, and say, "Give us this day our daily bread," when he has none!I find even the smallest child excellent company, and I am glad to say that children usually like me.Now I must say, good-bye.I am sorry to say that our train was delayed in several places, which made us late in reaching New York.What old people say you cannot do, you try and find that you can.This is the only way, we say; but there are as many ways as there can be drawn radii from one centre.There are some who complain most energetically and inconsolably of any, because they are, as they say, doing their duty.I say to my friend, Suppose we try who will get there first.Such is the universal law, which no man can ever outwit, and with regard to the railroad even we may say it is as broad as it is long.Men say, practically, Begin where you are and such as you are, without aiming mainly to become of more worth, and with kindness aforethought go about doing good.They say she is amazingly beautiful."You think so?" rejoined Anna Pavlovna in order to say something and get away to attend to her duties as hostess."It is the Buonapartists who say that," replied the vicomte without looking at Pierre."He's a low fellow, say what you will," remarked Prince Hippolyte.Stout, about the average height, broad, he did not know, as the saying is, how to enter a drawing room and still l that is, how to say something particularly agreeable before going away.She says little, but what she does say is always clear and simple, so she is not stupid.Without boasting, you know, I may say that I know the Army Orders by heart and know the Regulations as well as I do the Lord's Prayer.And Sonya, though she would never have dared to say so, knew it and blushed scarlet every time Dolokhov appeared.Don't say that to me!And strange to say Nicholas felt that he could not help taking up a card, putting a small stake on it, and beginning to play."I say, Rostov," said Dolokhov clearly, smiling and looking Nicholas straight in the eyes, "you know the saying, 'Lucky i

我要回帖

更多关于 whatyoutosay舞蹈 的文章

随机推荐