what makes me happymore shocked is Pascal为什么用what 不用wh

For the love of all that is holy.
Chelsea Handler is talking about Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston .
Because Cheslea Handler is all up on Aniston’s jock, and Chelsea is pretty much CAA’s pit bull, barking and snarling at Angelina Jolie whenever possible.
Chelsea was on Howard Stern’s show yesterday, and the conversation came around to Chelsea’s friendship with Jennifer Aniston – surprisingly enough, she didn’t bring it up, Howard did.
From there, they went into Brad Pitt and Angelina.
Here’s the recording of the entire interview – the Uncool Bermuda Triangle crap starts around the 24:30 mark, which I would recommend going directly to, because Chelsea’s nasal voice is so annoying:
Basically, when Howard Stern makes the point of “why are you calling Angelina a homewrecker when Brad Pitt was the one married to Jennifer Aniston?” Chelsea says:
“I’ve been talking about Angelina Jolie way before I met Jen Aniston.
Jen and I don’t sit around talking about Angelina… so the fact that people think I’m going to defend her five years after the fact is so stupid too.
I think Angelina Jolie is, you know, kind of evil. If a girl doesn’t have any girlfriends, then there’s a reason that no woman wants to be friends with them. I don’t think she has any friends… I’m pretty sure Brad Pitt is like, ‘Oh GOD!’ I think he can’t do anything now with those kids. She’ll just take them to, like, Istanbul.
What is he to do? He’s got to stick it out now…he seems like he loves his kids, he seems like a really good dad, he seems to really love them, so who knows what goes on there.”
Wait, what?
Chelsea has always made fun of Angelina Jolie because Angelina has no girlfriends so that’s why Chelsea has gone off about how Angelina
repeatedly?
Way to show solidarity to the sisterhood.
“If you’re not in the Goddess Circle, we’ll Mean-Girl you every chance we get, for feminism!”
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Featured Links
You can follow any responses to this entry through the
Id rather have no girlfriends than have Chelsea as my friend.
Latest CommentsOn What others way 为什么用on_百度知道
On What others way 为什么用on
我有更好的答案
on …way .一般指“在
……路上,在……方面”,
采纳率:69%
来自团队:
on 与way(jing)组成(rui)on(wu) the(jiao) way,what(chang) 是对the的提问
way 的固定搭配的一种
其他1条回答
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。Pascal Epicerie - CLOSED - 57 Photos & 130 Reviews - French - 1000 N Bristol St, Newport Beach, CA - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Yelp
First, try refreshing the page and clicking Current Location again. Make sure you click Allow or Grant Permissions if your browser asks for your location. If your browser doesn't ask you, try these steps:
At the top of your Chrome window, near the web address, click the green lock labeled Secure.
In the window that pops up, make sure Location is set to Ask or Allow.
You're good to go! Reload this Yelp page and try your search again.
If you're still having trouble, check out .
You can also search near a city, place, or address instead.
At the top of your Opera window, near the web address, you should see a gray location pin. Click it.
In the window that pops up, click Clear This Setting
You're good to go! Reload this Yelp page and try your search again.
Click Safari in the Menu Bar at the top of the screen, then Preferences.
Click the Privacy tab.
Under Website use of location services, click Prompt for each website once each day or Prompt for each website one time only.
MacOS may now prompt you to enable Location Services. If it does, follow its instructions to enable Location Services for Safari.
Close the Privacy menu and refresh the page. Try using Current Location search again. If it works, great! If not, read on for more instructions.
Back in the Privacy dialog, Click Manage Website Data... and type yelp.com into the search bar.
Click the yelp.com entry and click Remove.
You're good to go! Close the Settings tab, reload this Yelp page, and try your search again.
At the top of your Firefox window, to the left of the web address, you should see a green lock. Click it.
In the window that pops up, you should see Blocked or Blocked Temporarily next to Access Your Location. Click the x next to this line.
You're good to go! Refresh this Yelp page and try your search again.
Click the gear in the upper-right hand corner of the window, then Internet options.
Click the Privacy tab in the new window that just appeared.
Uncheck the box labeled Never allow websites to request your physical location if it's already checked.
Click the button labeled Clear Sites.
You're good to go! Click OK, then refresh this Yelp page and try your search again.
At the top-right hand corner of the window, click the button with three dots on it, then Settings.
Click Choose what to clear underneath Clear browsing data.
Click Show more, then make sure only the box labeled Location permissions is checked.
Click Clear.
You're good to go! Refresh this Yelp page and try your search again.
Oops! We don't recognize the web browser you're currently using. Try checking the browser's help menu, or searching the Web for instructions to turn on HTML5 Geolocation for your browser.
We couldn't find an accurate position. If you're using a laptop or tablet, try moving it somewhere else and give it another go. Or, search near a city, place, or address instead.
1000 N Bristol StNewport Beach, CA 92660
(949) 263-9400
I go to Pascal's often for lunch, and often met associates there for meeting if the weather is warm.
Their outside patio is lovely, and it is a wonderful place to sit and soak up the sun for a little while when you have the chance to get out of the office.
For those of you who are careful about your diet, this place h the chicken salad as well as the salmon salad are fantastic and only cost around $9.
My only issue with the place is that the service, at times, leaves something to be desired. That being said, it is a "French" establishment, and maybe they have different norms when it comes to speed and efficiency.
Overall, I highly recommend.
Come for the MACARONS????
No no no no way Jose!!!
I had their macarons before and they are horrible but let me shine some light...this review is for their café foods.
Keep reading other yelper's review for the Macaron piece but you won't find any review for them in mine.
Lunch came and we accidently drove in this direction to find something eye-catching!
More like tummy-turning but nothing came to our minds so we pulled in and decided to give this place another chance in hope the food can redeem it's horrible reputation of pastries or sweets.
I ordered the following on this trip:
French Onion Soup - 3.5 Stars
- Darn it...this soup was piping HOT!
I cracked open the cheese to let some heat out but it literally took me 30 minutes later to eat it.
That is some crazy heat retention.
It was tasty, not too salty like some places.
There was plenty of gooey cheese, onions and gooey-ness!
I liked it...not the best I've had but decent & tasty.
Arugula, Prosciutto and Gruyere Cheese Panini ($7.95) - 3.5 Stars
- Pretty darn yummy.
I liked that they prebake their baguettes just to form its shape and once ordered, they press it in the Panini Grill to a golden brown crisp.
This makes the Panini so good and melts all the good things that needs melting!
I will def come back for another Panini.
I learned at the other visits, just ignore the Macarons and you'll be safe.
Salads are pretty expensive but the Paninis, Sammies and soups are pretty decently priced.
Odd right...a salad is more substance & higher in price!
I thought the same, something is wrong with this picture!
If you hate the Macarons here, you might want to try their food.
SERVICE - Pretty horrible, they are kinda rude in general especially the lady that is there all the time.
The young guys are moody as hell but it just makes it more consistent with this place's vibe.
Don't expect great or speedy service.
COFFEE - Decent but ask for a taller mug or glass, the tiny lil coffee cups always spill over.
Pascal offers some cute pastries, including some cheap macarons for about a dollar each!
The macarons are a little bit on the small side, and the texture isn't as chewy as I like, but they're not bad. I tried the strawberry, chocolate, coffee, and passion fruit. The strawberry had more of a jam filling, which I'm not a big fan of, but the others had the ganache filling. I liked the passion fruit and coffee ones best.
We also had some palmiers, which were pretty crispy and good.
Nice, friendly owner. Plenty of parking! :)
After teaching Traffic School a few times in the Irvine/Newport area, everyone kept recommending for me to go to Pascal.
In all honesty, Pascal is nothing to be raving about.
The pastries were good, but not great.
The macaroons were not what I was looking for in a macaroon.
At least they got a cool check-in deal...
Uhhhh, why are you guys going here. It's pretty bad. Honestly, the service was really slow and there wasn't even a line, so I don't know why that was happening.
We ordered the ham quiche, tomato mini pizza and an assortment of the salads. For starters, the quiche in the display that you pick from IS NOT the quiche you get. The display shows cute little circular quiches that you get all to yourself, when they serve it to you, you get a slice of a giant pizza-like quiche. UH NO. I want a cute little quiche to have cute little quiche time...I don't want to eat some slice of a larger quiche that has been doled out to other customers like some sort of ANIMAL? WHAT AN OUTRAGE.
Also, the salads (we got the cole slaw, kale, asparagus, and couscous) were a bit overdressed and wilty....Not that much flavor. They had definitely been sitting out for some time.
The tomato mini pizza was probably the best, but still, it was cold and the crust had the consistency of a croissant, not a crispy little pizza.
So, I'm not impressed. I will be taking my quiche business elsewhere.
My work usually orders lunch Pascal's when we are catering--
a cute little French deli.
We've ordered from their various sandwiches, paninis, salads, and cheese platters.
I've tried the Smoked Chicken Panini, Proscuitto Panini, and the Chicken Spinach Salad.
I love how the paninis are prepared with Kalamata Olives, Gruyere, and Tomato-- 3 things I always love in my paninis!
The smoked chicken was dry but the proscuitto was delicious!
The spinach chicken salad tasted great, especially with the avocado.
The only complaint I'd have is the dry chicken. (http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/pascal-epicerie-newport-beach?select=AeVu5N0BQ31KLfx1HbYsNQ#Fg7pUtb8ylZCcT9hnNUFlw).
First time here was on a Saturday afternoon. They had their weekend brunch menu. I had the "Oeuf en Cocotte" - which is two poached eggs in a tarragon cream sauce served with wheat croustinis. I wasn't quite sure if I would like it as I've never had anything like it but actually it was quite tasty. The tarragon cream sauce was very light and quite delicious. My sisters also had items off the brunch menu and thought they were tasty. I would definitely come back again to have brunch.
My only slight irritation with this place was that they have a check-in offer for 1 free small palmier. I asked the guy for it twice. The first time was when I was ordering. The second time was after we received our food. He said he would bring it to me but he never did. What's the point of having a check-in offer if you don't give it to me and you make me feel bad for asking for it?
Other than that, not a bad place to have a nice meal.
En route to Juliette... what's this? Homemade macarons? In PUMPKIN? Okay I'll bite. I got a lemon too.
Both, very crunchy/chewy. Nothing delicate, nothing melting in my mouth. The pumpkin was under spiced to put forth the effort. The lemon was tart enough to buy them an extra star. But I'm not sure I'll be back.
Fellow Yelpers, it pains me to write my first ever one star review, but it would be a travesty if I did not share my experience yesterday at Pascal Epicerie with you.
Being the HUGE macaron fanatic that I am, I thought there would never be a day I'd come across a macaron I didn't like, let alone abhor!
Well, thanks to my recent impromptu stop at Pascal, that horrible vision has become
a reality.
After running a handful of errands in the Newport area, Pascal's signage caught the attention of my peripheral vision and I quickly made a b-line turn over to their bakery.
As I stepped inside, I was charmed by the provincial French bakery decor and the welcoming staff.
As I was greeted by the sweet girl at the counter I inquired about the French macarons. She smiled and pointed to a small section of the refrigerated bakery display.
Although none of my favorite flavors were available, I always considered myself a pioneering guy open to new discoveries, so I opted for two of everything they had to offer.
At .95 cents a macaron, I figured, "What a steal!"
Well, once I opened the box and tried them, I immediately realized why my friend MiYun wrote such a scathing review regarding her experience with their macarons. The first ones I tried were iridescent blue colored banana chocolate macarons.
As I held the smaller than normal macaron nimbly between my fingers, i softly pressed my digits into the outer shell to test for firmness and textural integrity. It indeed had a nice firm shell that lightly cracked as I sunk my teeth into it.
The filling was creamier than what I was accustomed to, less almond paste texture and more like a soft butter cream consistency.
The chocolate banana flavor wasn't quite noticeable but it appeased my sweet tooth nonetheless. Just wasn't sure about the correlation between the bright blue color & chocolate bananas?
Now here's where it ALL went down hill!
While sitting in my car, I reached into the box and picked up the chocolate macaron, which felt strangely light and extremely firm. I also noticed that the footing looked strange, there were an excessive amount of blisters on the shell surface, and the macaron had a peculiar peak at the top. But with all looks aside, I figured it was all about how it tasted. So, I threw caution to the wind, and went in for my first bite.
Holy Smokes!!! My teeth couldn't even break it!!! With unrelenting determination and the added force of my incisors, the shell did indeed break...into hundreds of crumbled pieces all over my lap and my brand new car!!!!
Arrrrrgggghhh!!! DISGUSTING! I was thinking alright, it's late in the day, maybe I got a piece that was a tad too close to the refrigerator fan or something. I went in for another piece. I picked up the macaron and cautiously bit into it...AGAIN?!? Hard, Hard, Hard!!! ACK! And it was indeed "crispy and hollow" as other Yelpers have described!
I was fuming at this point! I reached back into the box and started squeezing the remaining macarons and they all crumbled like sawdust!
I should have came back inside and showed them the atrocity inside my box, but I was spent from a long day and was nearly home. So, as soon as i got back home,
I brought them into my kitchen and into the trash they went!
So, what did I learn from this experience?
Follow the wisdom of my fellow Yelpers so i can avoid horrendous experiences like these from ever happening again!
Pascal's macarons = Two Thumbs WAY DOWN!
Happy Eats?... I Think Not
$0.99 Cents for Macarons???
Excited and Delighted. The throttle wide open with the pedal to the metal I raced down here as fast as I could. I called. They told me they close at 7pm. It was a little past 6. No sandwiches? That's Ok. I came for macarons.
Dry. Crispy. Dry. Not very flavorful.
The lady was kind of rude. She said she was the baker. I am not sure if this is their normal standard or if Yelpers just over rated this place. I read one review that said they didn't know why there was such a big hype over macarons and they called these macarons boring. That poor yelper tasted macarons here for the first time. I agree. These were boring and for the first time in my life I didn't finish them. I took one bite from each of 6 macarons and left the ofther half there.
Not good at all. If I went on a bad day, well consistency has a great deal to do with business. My experience is "meh..I think not." I want my 6 bucks back.
After a conference at UCI I drove to Pascal Epicerie, & it's, what, roughly a mile or so distance of trying out these $0.95 MACARONS xD.
Only 7 flavors were available at that time, & thus I decided to get each flavor, but got a dozen for $11.40--for 12 o_O!?
Together w/ the very creamy ganache here are the results for these uber poofy yet so miniscule treats:
-Pistachio: Uhh, no way it can beat Paulette's regal level (yes, all hail Pistachio of Paulette).
-Mango: Hummm, when I bit this one, it felt denser (Where's that wispy crisp...), suggesting that not all of the macarons were cooked equal =/.
And I've definitely had a way better mango flavor elsewhere.
-Strawberry: Unless you heart this flavor w/ an utmost passion, it was grossly sweet & too candy-like for me.
*****Luckily it gets gradually better!
-Chocolate: It's decently tasty, but I was expecting more chocolaty flavor, & thus this may be very disappointing to hardcore chocolatophiles (& yes, I made that word up..).
-Coffee: By flavor it reminded me of those mocha cakes--yah, mocha--in Filipino bakeries (i.e. Goldilocks or Red Ribbon), in a good way!
Plus, I liked how the ganache was neither too shy nor too audacious.
-Lemon: I'm incredibly fervid w/ very intense lemon flavor, & this macaron got it right.
-Vanilla: Yummy, yummy, yummy...I'm shocked that this very simple, shortbread-like indulgence is my favorite of the PE group.
This may be too partial, though, b/c I did sense a teensy bit of lemon in it o.o
Yep, I ate all seven of those flavors, with the remaining still in fridge to eat 2 or 3 for today's lunch, & the rest for dinner =P.
That, among other caloric bloaters from a b-day party, led to a serious wake-up call: Fia, it's BALLY FITNESS TIME x/!
The Tale of the Marginalized Macaron....
Dear Pascal,
Did you break your mouth?
Or, did you recently make a unilateral executive decision to screw tradition and to adopt American pop culture and build a French Oreo?
Whhhatt the heck is wrong with the macarons today?
Did quality contol personnel have the runs, or something?
I was at a crossroads today because I was craving both macarons and the Vietnamese pandan cake.
Ultimately macarons won and I made the order and then picked up my dozen or so macarons.
I jump into my car and place a mango macaron into the closest orifice and and it crumbled everywhere - if I were not driving, I would have spit it out.
Oh, how I regretted those calories as I took a big gulp.
Shame on you Pascal and Co for serving those macarons to the public - I have got my EYES on you, buddy.
You have put me into an irascible mood.
Cheers - NOT!
I'm actually sitting here trying to figure out a reason not to give this place 5 stars. I can't really think of any unless I'm going to get nit picky and get into price. That's all relative anyway...
Onto the review... I took the Yelp recommendation of lamb sandwich. It wasn't my intention to get it but when I walked in that was the only thing that jumped out at me! Excellent choice! I guess it's not what I expected in any way- it was whole grain pieces of bread, it had all sorts of toppings inside that, when mixed together, made this a super sandwich.
I tried my friend's pesto pasta, which was good. I normally don't get it so I don't have much to compare it again. I did, however, break down and go for the eclaire. I swear I might just order 5 eclairs next time and call it the day! Seriously dangerous stuff... I am normally pretty critical of them as my sister's (who has culinary degree in French cuisine) are the standard for me and these were spot on! LOVED THEM!
The atmosphere worked for me- relaxed and still had lots of style and character. Perfect spot to enjoy lunch!
I only got the Macarons from here and honestly it was not that good. I was very disappointed. My co workers and I gagged on the pistachio one. The vanilla and chocolate one was good. You get what you pay for.
Trying to park at lunchtime is an absolutely savage experience.
It's a small parking lot in a strip mall that serves 3 restaurants.
That should have been a warning of clear and present danger.
On to lunch, what a sad experience!
All these other people must know a secret to the good stuff.
When choosing the salads they appear all fresh and yummy, but when they arrive on the plate they are all swimming around in each others dressing's, and with the blending they all sort of taste the same, bland and watery.
The quiche was disappointing because it appeared better than it tasted, AND the mini pizza wasn't a pizza at all, the crust is like the quiche dough or a pastry dough, hard to tell.
Alas, we will not dine here again, historically Pascal's used to carry a great name in the culinary divide, but NO MORE!
After the nice experience I had with my buddy on Saturday, I decided to try Pascal for lunch.
AI-YIE-YIE!
It was hellish.
The entry was jammed with 20 people milling around with no clear way of knowing who was waiting to order, who was waiting to pay and who was waiting for food.
The process is as inefficient as possible.
You work your way through the madding throng to the counter where you place your order.
Then, you elbow your way back through the crowd to find the line where you wait to pay for your food.
After paying, you desperately search for a place to stand where you're out of the way of people waiting to order and out of the way of people waiting to pay.
It nearly gave me a panic attack.
After ordering, it took about 10 minutes for me to get my food.
The flavor of my sandwich was okay but was soggy and lukewarm--not awesome qualities for a toasted panini.
Would I go back to Pascal's on a leisurely afternoon--definitely.
Would I go back at lunchtime--not if my life depended on it.
Still recommend but not for lunch.
Pascal has been around for awhile and it is understandable why.
Met a girlfriend for lunch and I really enjoyed the food.
They have a large selection of salads and sandwiches and I have no complaints about the food.
They have outdoor seating and it is a dependable spot to meet a friend for breakfast or lunch.
The macarons are quite good and they have a variety of flavors.
I came here to grab some desert and it turns out that they have a great selection of sandwiches, sides dishes, and wine.
I had a smoked chicken panni sandwich, macaroons, glass of wines and some grill veggies plus coleslaw. It was all yummy!
The place is small and unique. Clean and cozy. It would be a great lunch or dinner spot for a low key evening.
Their macaroons are unfortunately very disappointing. Azya C., who is a fiend for these things, got $20 worth of these cookies for a family event. We were halfway home before she had a Plan B to make up for the measly offering she had inadvertently purchased.
The chocolate ones were okay, but the pistachio was overcooked and stale.
Sweet Lord, what have I done to deserve this roon adventure gone horribly bad.
This place sucks for stuffing your roonhole.
As I have mentioned, I can easily eat like one hundred thousand roons.
What have I done to deserve this? Whhhhhhhhhhy?
The roons were not pretty, but I was like I am not THAT superficial: I will try them.
Sweet Holy Lord, I must have been a real tool in my former life to be punished by this roonexperience.
They were hard, messy and disgusting.
I, also, got some take-out.
French food ... Il me semble que non.
I got some quiche, which I believe, but don't quote me, was made out of egg and hot dog.
Bad hot dog.
I, literally, pieced out each individual cut of crapdog out of my quiche, leaving me with mere crumbs.
I had about one bite of the pesto pasta salad, which was, mind you, recommended.
It had soggy tomatos and capers, was this some kind of cruel joke?
Had I offended the Gods of French cuisine?
Clearly, the answer to those two questions is YES!
A resounding yes.
Ew. I am not happy.
French Gods, what must I do to curry your favor once again?
Yelpers report this location has closed.
This business has been claimed by the owner or a representative.
130 reviews
Start from
Start from
1000 N Bristol St, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Get directions
1000 N Bristol StNewport Beach, CA 92660
Phone number
(949) 263-9400
was out of
the bread was fresh, the lamb tender and the spread paired so seamlessly.”
to apples, or beets lightly dressed in vinegar dressing of sorts to lentils, choose as much as you want in any combination you want.”
“My favorites are the chicken/kalamata olive/tomato panini and the French ham and .”
32 reviews
2.1 Miles away from Pascal Epicerie
Nizar K. said
"There is an old man that goes from the Starbucks back and forth he won't explain why he is there it makes me not want to come in he goes by the name as Dan ."
in Coffee & Tea
74 reviews
Jonathan D. said
"It's been a while since I've been to a crêpe maker and you know what it's still as amazing as I remember. I forgot which one I got but I believe it was the first one on the menu called steak something.…"
in Creperies
Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about Pascal Epicerie.
Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews.
1 (Eek! Methinks not.)
2 (Meh. I've experienced better.)
4 (Yay! I'm a fan.)
5 (Woohoo! As good as it gets!)
17 reviews
12/28/2013
I go to Pascal's often for lunch, and often met associates there for meeting if the weather is warm.
Their outside patio is lovely, and it is a wonderful place to sit and soak up the sun for a little while when you have the chance to get out of the office.
For those of you who are careful about your diet, this place h the chicken salad as well as the salmon salad are fantastic and only cost around $9.
My only issue with the place is that the service, at times, leaves something to be desired. That being said, it is a "French" establishment, and maybe they have different norms when it comes to speed and efficiency.Overall, I highly recommend.
Heads up: From now on, other Yelpers will be able to see how you voted. Want to chime in?
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
235 friends
316 reviews
4473 photos
11/19/2013
Come for the MACARONS????
No no no no way Jose!!!
I had their macarons before and they are horrible but let me shine some light...this review is for their café foods.
Keep reading other yelper's review for the Macaron piece but you won't find any review for them in mine.
Lunch came and we accidently drove in this direction to find something eye-catching!
More like tummy-turning but nothing came to our minds so we pulled in and decided to give this place another chance in hope the food can redeem it's horrible reputation of pastries or sweets.
I ordered the following on this trip:01.
French Onion Soup - 3.5 Stars- Darn it...this soup was piping HOT!
I cracked open the cheese to let some heat out but it literally took me 30 minutes later to eat it.
That is some crazy heat retention.
It was tasty, not too salty like some places.
There was plenty of gooey cheese, onions and gooey-ness!
I liked it...not the best I've had but decent & tasty.
Arugula, Prosciutto and Gruyere Cheese Panini ($7.95) - 3.5 Stars- Pretty darn yummy.
I liked that they prebake their baguettes just to form its shape and once ordered, they press it in the Panini Grill to a golden brown crisp.
This makes the Panini so good and melts all the good things that needs melting!
I will def come back for another Panini.
I learned at the other visits, just ignore the Macarons and you'll be safe.
Salads are pretty expensive but the Paninis, Sammies and soups are pretty decently priced.
Odd right...a salad is more substance & higher in price!
I thought the same, something is wrong with this picture!
If you hate the Macarons here, you might want to try their food.
SERVICE - Pretty horrible, they are kinda rude in general especially the lady that is there all the time.
The young guys are moody as hell but it just makes it more consistent with this place's vibe.
Don't expect great or speedy service.
COFFEE - Decent but ask for a taller mug or glass, the tiny lil coffee cups always spill over.
Heads up: From now on, other Yelpers will be able to see how you voted. Want to chime in?
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
387 friends
523 reviews
591 photos
Pascal offers some cute pastries, including some cheap macarons for about a dollar each! The macarons are a little bit on the small side, and the texture isn't as chewy as I like, but they're not bad. I tried the strawberry, chocolate, coffee, and passion fruit. The strawberry had more of a jam filling, which I'm not a big fan of, but the others had the ganache filling. I liked the passion fruit and coffee ones best.We also had some palmiers, which were pretty crispy and good.Nice, friendly owner. Plenty of parking! :)
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
4493 friends
564 reviews
867 photos
After teaching Traffic School a few times in the Irvine/Newport area, everyone kept recommending for me to go to Pascal.In all honesty, Pascal is nothing to be raving about.
The pastries were good, but not great.
The macaroons were not what I was looking for in a macaroon.
At least they got a cool check-in deal...
Bag of goodies
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
99 friends
513 reviews
377 photos
Uhhhh, why are you guys going here. It's pretty bad. Honestly, the service was really slow and there wasn't even a line, so I don't know why that was happening. We ordered the ham quiche, tomato mini pizza and an assortment of the salads. For starters, the quiche in the display that you pick from IS NOT the quiche you get. The display shows cute little circular quiches that you get all to yourself, when they serve it to you, you get a slice of a giant pizza-like quiche. UH NO. I want a cute little quiche to have cute little quiche time...I don't want to eat some slice of a larger quiche that has been doled out to other customers like some sort of ANIMAL? WHAT AN OUTRAGE. Also, the salads (we got the cole slaw, kale, asparagus, and couscous) were a bit overdressed and wilty....Not that much flavor. They had definitely been sitting out for some time. The tomato mini pizza was probably the best, but still, it was cold and the crust had the consistency of a croissant, not a crispy little pizza. So, I'm not impressed. I will be taking my quiche business elsewhere.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
1479 friends
358 reviews
3128 photos
My work usually orders lunch Pascal's when we are catering--
a cute little French deli.We've ordered from their various sandwiches, paninis, salads, and cheese platters.
I've tried the Smoked Chicken Panini, Proscuitto Panini, and the Chicken Spinach Salad.
I love how the paninis are prepared with Kalamata Olives, Gruyere, and Tomato-- 3 things I always love in my paninis!
The smoked chicken was dry but the proscuitto was delicious!
The spinach chicken salad tasted great, especially with the avocado.
The only complaint I'd have is the dry chicken. ().
chicken spinach avocado salad
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
78 friends
89 reviews
First time here was on a Saturday afternoon. They had their weekend brunch menu. I had the "Oeuf en Cocotte" - which is two poached eggs in a tarragon cream sauce served with wheat croustinis. I wasn't quite sure if I would like it as I've never had anything like it but actually it was quite tasty. The tarragon cream sauce was very light and quite delicious. My sisters also had items off the brunch menu and thought they were tasty. I would definitely come back again to have brunch.My only slight irritation with this place was that they have a check-in offer for 1 free small palmier. I asked the guy for it twice. The first time was when I was ordering. The second time was after we received our food. He said he would bring it to me but he never did. What's the point of having a check-in offer if you don't give it to me and you make me feel bad for asking for it? Other than that, not a bad place to have a nice meal.
"Oeuf en Cocotte" - weekend brunch only
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
385 friends
559 reviews
310 photos
11/26/2012
En route to Juliette... what's this? Homemade macarons? In PUMPKIN? Okay I'll bite. I got a lemon too. Both, very crunchy/chewy. Nothing delicate, nothing melting in my mouth. The pumpkin was under spiced to put forth the effort. The lemon was tart enough to buy them an extra star. But I'm not sure I'll be back.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
1618 friends
401 reviews
7588 photos
Fellow Yelpers, it pains me to write my first ever one star review, but it would be a travesty if I did not share my experience yesterday at Pascal Epicerie with you.Being the HUGE macaron fanatic that I am, I thought there would never be a day I'd come across a macaron I didn't like, let alone abhor! Well, thanks to my recent impromptu stop at Pascal, that horrible vision has become
a reality.
After running a handful of errands in the Newport area, Pascal's signage caught the attention of my peripheral vision and I quickly made a b-line turn over to their bakery.
As I stepped inside, I was charmed by the provincial French bakery decor and the welcoming staff.
As I was greeted by the sweet girl at the counter I inquired about the French macarons. She smiled and pointed to a small section of the refrigerated bakery display.
Although none of my favorite flavors were available, I always considered myself a pioneering guy open to new discoveries, so I opted for two of everything they had to offer.
At .95 cents a macaron, I figured, "What a steal!"Well, once I opened the box and tried them, I immediately realized why my friend MiYun wrote such a scathing review regarding her experience with their macarons. The first ones I tried were iridescent blue colored banana chocolate macarons.
As I held the smaller than normal macaron nimbly between my fingers, i softly pressed my digits into the outer shell to test for firmness and textural integrity. It indeed had a nice firm shell that lightly cracked as I sunk my teeth into it.
The filling was creamier than what I was accustomed to, less almond paste texture and more like a soft butter cream consistency.
The chocolate banana flavor wasn't quite noticeable but it appeased my sweet tooth nonetheless. Just wasn't sure about the correlation between the bright blue color & chocolate bananas?Now here's where it ALL went down hill!
While sitting in my car, I reached into the box and picked up the chocolate macaron, which felt strangely light and extremely firm. I also noticed that the footing looked strange, there were an excessive amount of blisters on the shell surface, and the macaron had a peculiar peak at the top. But with all looks aside, I figured it was all about how it tasted. So, I threw caution to the wind, and went in for my first bite.
Holy Smokes!!! My teeth couldn't even break it!!! With unrelenting determination and the added force of my incisors, the shell did indeed break...into hundreds of crumbled pieces all over my lap and my brand new car!!!!
Arrrrrgggghhh!!! DISGUSTING! I was thinking alright, it's late in the day, maybe I got a piece that was a tad too close to the refrigerator fan or something. I went in for another piece. I picked up the macaron and cautiously bit into it...AGAIN?!? Hard, Hard, Hard!!! ACK! And it was indeed "crispy and hollow" as other Yelpers have described!
I was fuming at this point! I reached back into the box and started squeezing the remaining macarons and they all crumbled like sawdust! I should have came back inside and showed them the atrocity inside my box, but I was spent from a long day and was nearly home. So, as soon as i got back home,
I brought them into my kitchen and into the trash they went!So, what did I learn from this experience?
Follow the wisdom of my fellow Yelpers so i can avoid horrendous experiences like these from ever happening again!Pascal's macarons = Two Thumbs WAY DOWN!Happy Eats?... I Think Not
Supa-Dry!!!
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
2002 friends
2417 reviews
6399 photos
$0.99 Cents for Macarons??? Excited and Delighted. The throttle wide open with the pedal to the metal I raced down here as fast as I could. I called. They told me they close at 7pm. It was a little past 6. No sandwiches? That's Ok. I came for macarons. Dry. Crispy. Dry. Not very flavorful. The lady was kind of rude. She said she was the baker. I am not sure if this is their normal standard or if Yelpers just over rated this place. I read one review that said they didn't know why there was such a big hype over macarons and they called these macarons boring. That poor yelper tasted macarons here for the first time. I agree. These were boring and for the first time in my life I didn't finish them. I took one bite from each of 6 macarons and left the ofther half there. Not good at all. If I went on a bad day, well consistency has a great deal to do with business. My experience is "meh..I think not." I want my 6 bucks back.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
1973 friends
421 reviews
2094 photos
After a conference at UCI I drove to Pascal Epicerie, & it's, what, roughly a mile or so distance of trying out these $0.95 MACARONS xD.
Only 7 flavors were available at that time, & thus I decided to get each flavor, but got a dozen for $11.40--for 12 o_O!?Together w/ the very creamy ganache here are the results for these uber poofy yet so miniscule treats:-Pistachio: Uhh, no way it can beat Paulette's regal level (yes, all hail Pistachio of Paulette).-Mango: Hummm, when I bit this one, it felt denser (Where's that wispy crisp...), suggesting that not all of the macarons were cooked equal =/.
And I've definitely had a way better mango flavor elsewhere.-Strawberry: Unless you heart this flavor w/ an utmost passion, it was grossly sweet & too candy-like for me.*****Luckily it gets gradually better!-Chocolate: It's decently tasty, but I was expecting more chocolaty flavor, & thus this may be very disappointing to hardcore chocolatophiles (& yes, I made that word up..).-Coffee: By flavor it reminded me of those mocha cakes--yah, mocha--in Filipino bakeries (i.e. Goldilocks or Red Ribbon), in a good way!
Plus, I liked how the ganache was neither too shy nor too audacious.-Lemon: I'm incredibly fervid w/ very intense lemon flavor, & this macaron got it right.-Vanilla: Yummy, yummy, yummy...I'm shocked that this very simple, shortbread-like indulgence is my favorite of the PE group.
This may be too partial, though, b/c I did sense a teensy bit of lemon in it o.oYep, I ate all seven of those flavors, with the remaining still in fridge to eat 2 or 3 for today's lunch, & the rest for dinner =P.
That, among other caloric bloaters from a b-day party, led to a serious wake-up call: Fia, it's BALLY FITNESS TIME x/!
Macarons: Strawberry, Mango, Lemon, Pistachio, Chocolate, Vanilla, & Coffee "Speckles"
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
2113 friends
283 reviews
594 photos
Updated review
The Tale of the Marginalized Macaron....Dear Pascal,Did you break your mouth?
Or, did you recently make a unilateral executive decision to screw tradition and to adopt American pop culture and build a French Oreo?
Whhhatt the heck is wrong with the macarons today?
Did quality contol personnel have the runs, or something?I was at a crossroads today because I was craving both macarons and the Vietnamese pandan cake.Ultimately macarons won and I made the order and then picked up my dozen or so macarons.I jump into my car and place a mango macaron into the closest orifice and and it crumbled everywhere - if I were not driving, I would have spit it out.
Oh, how I regretted those calories as I took a big gulp.
Arghh!!!Shame on you Pascal and Co for serving those macarons to the public - I have got my EYES on you, buddy.
You have put me into an irascible mood.
Punk!Cheers - NOT!
Boo to hard macarons.
Pascal's macaron - too hard.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
11/13/2010
Previous review
I stopped in for some macarons.
I tried strawberry and chocolate and they were delicious. Crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle.
The strawberry had a strawberry whipped cream filling (cloyingly sweet) and the chocolate had a fudgy chocolate filling (think brownie) - oh my, me oh my they were delicious.So, I returned to Pascal Epicerie after my rendezvous yesterday and today they had two chcolate croissants remaining.
It was croissant euphoria - simply amazing.
Oh, and of course I ordered more macarons.
They are currently out of chocolate, but I was told that they would have more inventory either on Tues, or Wed, Nov 16th or 17th.Cheers!
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
313 friends
1704 reviews
101 photos
I'm actually sitting here trying to figure out a reason not to give this place 5 stars. I can't really think of any unless I'm going to get nit picky and get into price. That's all relative anyway...Onto the review... I took the Yelp recommendation of lamb sandwich. It wasn't my intention to get it but when I walked in that was the only thing that jumped out at me! Excellent choice! I guess it's not what I expected in any way- it was whole grain pieces of bread, it had all sorts of toppings inside that, when mixed together, made this a super sandwich. I tried my friend's pesto pasta, which was good. I normally don't get it so I don't have much to compare it again. I did, however, break down and go for the eclaire. I swear I might just order 5 eclairs next time and call it the day! Seriously dangerous stuff... I am normally pretty critical of them as my sister's (who has culinary degree in French cuisine) are the standard for me and these were spot on! LOVED THEM! The atmosphere worked for me- relaxed and still had lots of style and character. Perfect spot to enjoy lunch!
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
155 friends
121 reviews
I only got the Macarons from here and honestly it was not that good. I was very disappointed. My co workers and I gagged on the pistachio one. The vanilla and chocolate one was good. You get what you pay for.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
12 friends
364 reviews
139 photos
On to lunch, what a sad experience!
All these other people must know a secret to the good stuff.
When choosing the salads they appear all fresh and yummy, but when they arrive on the plate they are all swimming around in each others dressing's, and with the blending they all sort of taste the same, bland and watery.
The quiche was disappointing because it appeared better than it tasted, AND the mini pizza wasn't a pizza at all, the crust is like the quiche dough or a pastry dough, hard to tell.
Alas, we will not dine here again, historically Pascal's used to carry a great name in the culinary divide, but NO MORE!
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
40 friends
211 reviews
Updated review
After the nice experience I had with my buddy on Saturday, I decided to try Pascal for lunch.AI-YIE-YIE!
It was hellish.Trying to park at lunchtime is an absolutely savage experience.
That should have been a warning of clear and present danger.The entry was jammed with 20 people milling around with no clear way of knowing who was waiting to order, who was waiting to pay and who was waiting for food.The process is as inefficient as possible.
You work your way through the madding throng to the counter where you place your order.
Then, you elbow your way back through the crowd to find the line where you wait to pay for your food.
After paying, you desperately search for a place to stand where you're out of the way of people waiting to order and out of the way of people waiting to pay.It nearly gave me a panic attack.After ordering, it took about 10 minutes for me to get my food.
The flavor of my sandwich was okay but was soggy and lukewarm--not awesome qualities for a toasted panini.Would I go back to Pascal's on a leisurely afternoon--definitely.
Would I go back at lunchtime--not if my life depended on it.Still recommend but not for lunch.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
Previous review
Went here with my buddy on Saturday after hitting the New Year's party @ Knit Schtick.
I had the carmelized onion tart which looks gross but tastes AMAZING.
Try it if you dare.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
28 friends
350 reviews
532 photos
10/31/2013
Pascal has been around for awhile and it is understandable why.
Met a girlfriend for lunch and I really enjoyed the food.
They have a large selection of salads and sandwiches and I have no complaints about the food.
They have outdoor seating and it is a dependable spot to meet a friend for breakfast or lunch.The macarons are quite good and they have a variety of flavors.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
303 friends
141 reviews
I came here to grab some desert and it turns out that they have a great selection of sandwiches, sides dishes, and wine. I had a smoked chicken panni sandwich, macaroons, glass of wines and some grill veggies plus coleslaw. It was all yummy!The place is small and unique. Clean and cozy. It would be a great lunch or dinner spot for a low key evening.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
296 friends
987 reviews
Their macaroons are unfortunately very disappointing. Azya C., who is a fiend for these things, got $20 worth of these cookies for a family event. We were halfway home before she had a Plan B to make up for the measly offering she had inadvertently purchased.The chocolate ones were okay, but the pistachio was overcooked and stale.
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
1146 friends
370 reviews
Sweet Lord, what have I done to deserve this roon adventure gone horribly bad.
This place sucks for stuffing your roonhole.
As I have mentioned, I can easily eat like one hundred thousand roons.
What have I done to deserve this? Whhhhhhhhhhy?
The roons were not pretty, but I was like I am not THAT superficial: I will try them.
Sweet Holy Lord, I must have been a real tool in my former life to be punished by this roonexperience.
They were hard, messy and disgusting.
I, also, got some take-out.
French food ... Il me semble que non.
I got some quiche, which I believe, but don't quote me, was made out of egg and hot dog.
Bad hot dog.
I, literally, pieced out each individual cut of crapdog out of my quiche, leaving me with mere crumbs.
I had about one bite of the pesto pasta salad, which was, mind you, recommended.
It had soggy tomatos and capers, was this some kind of cruel joke?
Had I offended the Gods of French cuisine?
Clearly, the answer to those two questions is YES!
A resounding yes.
Ew. I am not happy.
French Gods, what must I do to curry your favor once again?
Yes, Let Me Vote!
Maybe Later
Page 1 of 7
428 reviews
Eugene M. said
"We had guest in town and where looking for a local place that would accommodate a peanut allergy. We called ahead and promptly answered our question and took down our name for a reservation. The local at…"
in Bars, American (New), Breakfast & Brunch
685 reviews
3.3 Miles away from Pascal Epicerie
Zav Y. said
"It took me a really long time to get my wife to try the place out. She finally went, but it was hard to get her adjusted to the "ambiance". She's not a snob by any means, just likes a clean place to dine. We…"
in Sandwiches, Pizza, Italian
Price range
1 free Small Palmier
More business info
Takes Reservations
Accepts Credit Cards
Private Lot
Good for Kids
Good for Groups
Noise Level
Beer & Wine Only
Outdoor Seating
268 reviews
Gun-Ik P. said
"I came here for just a cup of coffee to wake me up, and…"
People also viewed
684 reviews
The croque Madame is to die for and is just one of their amazing dishes.
335 reviews
A wonderful hidden gem in beautiful Corona Del Mar.
778 reviews
Anyone who has not tried the Chocolate Almond croissant, must try it!
Lists including Pascal Epicerie
Here are places to eat (or to not eat) around Irvine!
33 businesses
Starting a list of the best croissants around southern CA
11 businesses
Places to go when you are both coming from different Directions
5 businesses
Browse nearby
Dining in Newport Beach
Best of Newport Beach
Understand how a business’ rating changes month-to-month. .
We calculate the overall star rating using only reviews that our automated software currently recommends. .
Oops, looks like something’s wrong. Try again!
Are you a human? Please complete the bot challenge below.
Sent! Check your phone to view the link now!
130 reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Text a link to your phone so you can quickly get directions, see photos, and read reviews on the go!
Your carrier’s rates may apply
Oops, looks like something’s wrong. Try again!
Are you a human? Please complete the bot challenge below.
Sent! Check your phone to view the link now!
130 reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Check in at Pascal Epicerie on the Yelp App to unlock this check in offer. Text the link directly to your phone.
Your carrier’s rates may apply

我要回帖

更多关于 what makes me me 的文章

随机推荐