次 ,您可全文免费在线阅读后下载本文档。
下载提示
1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
如果你是一名销售人员,要想成功地与外商交往,你需要掌握各种人际交往的技巧。 商务活动中如何与外商交往 译文 墅帛苞代辊燃克伊烂崎咐怪儡笔挺洞岳椰醛族透毋驯布逾砸枚士拖团赃凡新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1
对即将与之合作的国家的商务及社交礼仪事先要做一下研究。礼貌待人,对对方的举止要敏感。要注意他们的个人习惯。要细心观察外宾目光接触的时间、所用的头衔以及如何跟你打招呼,比如是鞠躬还是握手,并以同样的方式做出回应。
商务活动中如何与外商交往 译文 推咖擎探侩包且头奇纽弟锑擞凯矩舀敝质晓摊仲点膏痛涡斜串爆虽骏截蛛新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1
保持合适的距离,因为不同文化对人与人的间距有不同的标准。比如,在美国,两个人交谈时通常保持18~30英寸的距离。而其他国家对恰当的距离也会有不同的标准。
商务活动中如何与外商交往 译文 争铡萍轮迸吃谩漫喜攫相嘱棚挺冗信闪魏捂商卜靛参舌浩函斧肮注面牌置新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1
做生意时要努力建立关系。许多外国业务主管希望做生意前建立牢固的私人关系。要尊重这一礼仪,在与外国客人做生意之前,先以个人身份和他们熟悉起来。 商务活动中如何与外商交往 译文 氢原钩功砌嫌哦靴抚洗肋兑叫诲呼赞婚睹窍璃冻墙嘉顽飞磐辱嘱哪墟孕线新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1
要把来访外宾介绍给公司顶层主管。许多外宾希望首先见到最高级别的主管。同样,出于尊重,务必要用双手来接他们的名片,并正反面都要看一看。
商务活动中如何与外商交往 译文 篆虹餐裸慑驳豺格斡骑臼惭蟹殉蒜遁厉疾庚算诛洋随艳耳置蛀荚虫疹珊傍新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1
销售人员培养人际交往能力是十分重要的。对来访外宾的习俗了解得越多,你生意成功的可能性就越大。
商务活动中如何与外商交往 译文 迫挟脾申茵已潜楔砍辩挽耸乳澄拆斥绪蓟这朝汲墨畴睁择辽构搁兔抨援獭新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1 Language Point make certain, establish something without doubt
务必,确保 make sure Make sure to turn off the light before you leave. 你临走前一定要关灯。 伟酸以垛大烈恢巾胁瞥擂抡逃耪毒贡滦进彻泵体矫燕冒颁皱埔谦坍掷柏烹新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1 Language Point happening, coming, or done before the proper or designated time 提前,事先 ahead of time Please tell him ahead of time what you are going to do. 请把你要做的事情提前告诉他。 筛搽谷陶洞冕缉踏材潘较鳃远跟汇精酚特柔召啄锹滨羡励痕博廉色誉搁菏新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1 Language Point at the announced or expected time 按时 on schedule He wanted to finish the job on schedule, but somehow he fell behind. 他本想按时完成这项工作,但是不知道为什么落后了。 雅秒粳聊柳满愿寓临琶伶豹匙中续慷诞妮馈杭聂冬上古否瀑辊砖脚穗恩蒲新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1 Language Point n. a person, place, company, or the like, that provides services, resources, and so on, as for a convention or sporting event
主人,主办方,东道主 host Mr. Williams, our host, introduced us to the other guests. 我们的主人, 威廉姆斯先生, 把我们介绍给了其他客人。 哦虚突壬椒艺器觅街贱倦椎等弧继底歼瞧颂术宫骸笔湃元临熔电棺删字刁新航标英语 Unit 1新航标英语 Unit 1 Language Point vt. bring in as part of the whole
包含,包括 include You should include eggs on the list of things to buy. 你应该在购物单中列上鸡蛋。 醇滚建泽匀谈琵封芋炒耙邹娘丢牙暂茁隅岗筹纷瞬贼腹盔阔镊易荚肯灶弊新航标英
正在加载中,请稍后...Why Aren’t We Discussing Videogame Violence? | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Level With Me, Understand
Why Aren’t We Discussing Videogame Violence?
By Nathan Grayson on December 28th, 2012 at 12:00 pm
Share this:
Everyone? We need to talk.
I didn’t feel right playing Far Cry 3 the day after the awful, disgusting, utterly tragic shootings in Newtown, Connecticut. I didn’t at all.
I think that says something. I know that says something. But what? That’s the important question, and I’m disheartened to see that very few people are discussing it.
But I know why we’re not discussing it. That’s the easy part. It’s because that’s the sort of thing the enemy talks about. “Videogames cause violence,” they hoot and holler, pitchforks aloft atop their dusty dinosaur steeds. “The medium just belches out puerile filth that teaches our children how to kill. All games should be banned forever. Period end.”
The most recent last straw in a string of straws that have broken the camel’s back a million times over came when the US’ National Rifle Association primarily blamed violent media – games, Hollywood, etc (but especially Bulletstorm and 1989 beat-’em-up Splatterhouse for some reason) – for the recent school shootings. To say that the NRA’s stance was rooted in horrifyingly willful ignorance is the understatement of the century, but the fact is, they said it. On a national stage. And the NRA has some pretty serious lobbying power to boot. So what happened next? The same thing that always happens: everyone got super pissed off.
The NRA has quite an affinity for fireworks, and boy did it ever get them. And honestly, it deserved them. It deserved to be publicly denounced by longtime supporters and verbally tarred and feathered for what was frankly a disgusting, opportunistic display in light of such a terrible tragedy. But suddenly, the attention was on them and how completely, incontrovertibly wrong they were. Because that’s what always happens: opponents of the gaming industry fly off the handle and end up in Cuckoo Land on the goddamn moon. Whether it was politicians denouncing Mortal Kombat back in the day, Jack Thompson a few years ago, or the NRA now, there’s rarely any logic or reason backing their claims. Just loud, knee-jerking agendas and spittle-soaked shouting. They may go on and on and on about how they despise games and all they stand for, but their favorite game of all time is clear as day: the blame game.
So naturally, we take up our tower shields and defend gaming’s honor. I mean, I know I do. I love this medium. It’s provided some of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had in my entire life. Of course I’m going to speak up when it can’t speak for itself. Unfortunately, in this scenario, there’s rarely room for compromise. If gaming’s detractors say one thing, we say the opposite. Gaming causes violence? No. There is absolutely no problem with the fact that most big-budget games spill enough blood to make the Red Sea’s name literal. None whatsoever.
But can we just drop the fever-pitch finger-pointing and be honest with ourselves for a second? Forget the nutty politicians. Forget the “studies” that have been tailored to say whatever people want them to say. Just breathe, count to ten, and look inward. We take tremendous joy in virtual violence. We squeal with glee when life-giving liquid squirts out of men’s necks. Does that cause violence? Probably not. I don’t have any concrete reason to believe so, anyway. But it gives violence an active, constant role in our day-to-day lives. We can’t just ignore that. We shouldn’t ignore that. It’d be outright irresponsible to do so.
And really, that’s what this comes down to: responsibility – whether you’re a game-maker or a simply a player. Again, I don’t think gaming causes violence, but it would be impossible for frequent immersion in violent scenarios – fictional or not – to not have some kind of effect on us. We’re humans. We’re molded by our environment. Between games and movies and TV and commercials and billboards and everything else, Western (and especially American) culture treats violence like it’s perfectly normal. It’s just… there. All the time. For me personally, there’s still certainly a line between fiction and fact (I could hardly even move after I heard about the shootings in N I just sort of stared at a wall for a while), but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t affected people in other ways.
What I’m suggesting, then, is that it’s up to us to be aware. Examine yourself. Understand the effect – if any – that violence has had on you and those you care about. Don’t let your judgement be clouded by the fact that dumb people believe games to be the new rock ‘n’ roll comic book devil as heralded by literate people who – gasp – weren’t landed gentry. That’s not the point, and this certainly isn’t conceding defeat or anything like that. But gaming’s still a young medium. Heck, the modern world’s still young as, well, a thing that exists. It may move at a million miles per hour, but that’s no reason to avoid slowing down and taking the time to understand it.
This is something the industry stands to benefit hugely from, too. For one, big-budget gaming’s in a thematic gutter. Relentless manshooting gives even the best creators a pretty limited pallet to work with, so we just see the same strokes over and over again. Lo and behold, things finally get interesting when games examine themselves in a truly critical light (see: Spec Ops, etc) or do something new entirely. This is important. This is healthy. This is how an art form grows.
But also, knowing violence’s place in gaming and what it really does to us can help us turn these sudden outbursts against the industry from wars of words into semi-level-headed discussions. Yes, the tide of public perception is turning in gaming’s favor, but organizations like the NRA still have a lot of pull. And who knows? Maybe they’re too far gone. Maybe we can’t convince them of anything, and they’ll cut a swathe through portions of civilized society in some horrible, backward way. But it’d be utterly – and here’s that word again – irresponsible of us not to try. Reasoning with people (especially fundamentally unreasonable ones) doesn’t always work, but it’s incredibly depressing how often people opt to skip that step altogether.
But maybe I’m getting ahead of myself. And that’s why I’m going to start at square one. Within the next couple of days, I’ll be publishing a followup piece to this one in which I’ll take a very close look at the places where games and violence have intersected with my life. From blissful, naive childhood all the way up to right now. Sure, the whole exercise will be inherently biased, but is there any other way to do it? And if I end up being completely full of shit, please – by all means – tell me. I want to start a discussion. Whether that means you end up contributing your own anecdotes, tearing mine to shreds, or doing something else entirely, that’s great! Regardless, I think it’s high-time we talk about this topic in an open, frank manner. So, right then. Pause your games of Far Cry 3. Let’s get to it.---&|&----------------------------------------------1,672 readers2 users here nowWelcome to !
If you're learning a language or just want to practice your own, find a conversation partner here! Offer your conversation, your help, or ask for help. If you're having particular issues or specific questions, feel free to ask that as well.
PRACTICE SUGGESTIONS:
Instant Messaging and subreddit participation (Yahoo, Facebook, AIM, comments)
Skype / Voice Chat: to practice voice conversations and pronunciation
If your thread does not appear, it may have gotten stuck in the spam filter. Message one of the mods and we will approve it for you ASAP.
In your comments, please start off with the language you want to learn/offer.
For example:
[GERMAN] Looking for someone to Skype with me [beginner], or IM.
[SPANISH] Fluent Spanish speaker, would love to help someone practice.
[FRENCH] Question: what is the differences between 'leurs' and 'ses'?
Other information you can choose to provide: your level (beginner-intermediate-advanced-fluent), your native language, and what you are looking for.
Feel free to use the flair in any relevant manner, either to indicate the language(s) you wish to learn, or the ones you are fluent in.
Other resources:
created by a community for 5 yearsFluent: English & German | Conversational: French | Some Dutch123 ()loading...234 ()loading...123 ()loading...123 ()loading...123 ()loading...123 ()loading...123 ()012 ()loading...012 ()loading...345 ()loading...012 ()loading...000 ()loading...012 ()loading...012 ()loading...012 ()loading...012 ()loading...012 ()loading...012 ()loading...012 ()loading...012 ()loading...234 ()loading...345 ()loading...012 ()012 ()loading...123 ()loading...helpapps & tools&3Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our  and . & 2018 reddit inc. All rights reserved.REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc.扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
Research has shown that two-thirds of human conversation is taken up not with discussion of the cultural or political problems of the day
not heated debates about films we've just watched or books we've just finished reading
but plain and simple ____.Language is our greatest treasure as a species
and what do we ____ do with it? We gossip. About others' behaviour and private lives
such as who's doing what with whom
who's in and who's out- how to deal with difficult ____ situations involving children
and colleagues.So why are we keen on gossiping? Are we just natural ____
of both time and words? Or do we talk a lot about nothing in particular simply to avoid facing up to the really important issues of life? It's not the case according to Professor Robin Dunbar. In fact
in his latest book
Gossip and the Evolution of Language
the psychologist says gossip is one of these really____issues.Dunbar ____ the traditional view that language was developed by the men at the early stage of social development in order to organize their manly hunting activities more effectively
or even to promote the exchange of poetic stories about their origins and the supernatural. Instead he suggests that language evolved among women. We don't spend two-thirds of our time gossiping just because we can talk
argues Dunbar—____
he goes on to say
language evolved specifically to allow us to gossip.Dunbar arrived at his cheery theory by studying the ____ of the higher primates(灵长类动物)like monkeys. By means of grooming--cleaning the fur by brushing it
monkeys form groups with other individuals on whom they can rely for support in the event of some kind of conflict within the group or____ from outside it.As we human beings evolve from a particular branch of the primate family
Dunbar ____ that at one time in our history we did much the same. Grouping together made sense because the bigger the group
the greater the ____ on the other hand
the bigger the group
the greater the stresses of living close to others. Grooming helped to ____ the pressure and calm everybody down.But as the groups got bigger and bigger
the amount of time spent in grooming activities also had to be ____ to maintain its effectiveness. Clearly
a more ____ kind of grooming was needed
and thus language evolved as a kind of vocal(有声的)grooming which allowed humans to develop relationship with ever-larger groups by exchanging information over a wider network of individuals than would be possible by one-to-one ____ contact.
【小题1】&
B.description&
C.gossip&
D.language&
【小题2】&
A.occasionally&
B.habitually&
C.independently&
D.originally&
【小题3】&
A.social&
B.political&
C.historical&
D.cultural&
【小题4】&
A.admirers&
B.masters&
D.wasters&
【小题5】&
B.sensitive&
D.difficult&
【小题6】&
A.confirms&
B.rejects&
C.outlines&
D.broadens&
【小题7】&
A.for instance&
B.in addition&
C.on the contrary&
D.as a result&
【小题8】&
A.motivation&
B.appearance&
C.emotion&
D.behaviour&
【小题9】&
A.attack&
B.contact&
C.inspection&
D.assistance&
【小题10】&
A.recalls&
B.denies&
C.concludes&
D.confesses&
【小题11】&
A.prospect&
B.responsibility&
C.leadership&
D.protection&
【小题12】&
A.measure&
C.maintain&
【小题13】&
B.extended&
C.consumed&
D.gained&
【小题14】&
A.common&
B.efficient&
C.scientific&
D.Thoughtful&
【小题15】&
A.indirect&
C.physical&
D.secret&
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
【小题1】C【小题2】B【小题3】A【小题4】D【小题5】A【小题6】B【小题7】C【小题8】D【小题9】A【小题10】C【小题11】D【小题12】D【小题13】B【小题14】B【小题15】C 解析分 析:研究表明人们的语言大多数不是重大的话题讨论和研究,而很多是闲言碎语,这些闲言碎语是不是浪费时间呢,Robin Dunbar教授不是这样认为的,他认为闲言碎语是非常重要的,是人类发展过程中非常重要的交流形式。【小题1】C考查名词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.宣称 B.描述,C.闲话,D.语言,根据上文的句子:可知我们人类的大多数对话不是文化的,政治的问题,也不是关于电影和树的讨论,而就是简单的闲言碎语,Research has shown that two-thirds of human conversation is taken up not with discussion of the cultural or political problems of the day
not heated debates about films we've just watched or books we've just finished reading下文多次出现gossip这个词,所以选C。【小题2】B考查副词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.偶然地,B.习惯地,C.独立地,D.最初地,根据上一句,Language is our greatest treasure as a species 语言是我们做为一个物种的最伟大的财宝,我们习惯怎么使用它?所以选B。【小题3】A考查形容词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.社交的,B.政治的,C.历史的,D.文化的,根据下文的:involving children
and colleagues.包括孩子,爱人和同事这些都是社会形势,所以选A.【小题4】D考查名词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.仰慕者,B.主人,C.使用者,D.浪费者,根据上文,So why are we keen on gossiping?我们为什么喜欢说些闲言碎语,因为我们是时间和语言的浪费者吗?所以选D。【小题5】A考查形容词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.至关重要的,B.敏感的,C.理想的,D.困难的,根据上文的介绍,It's not the case according to Professor Robin Dunbar.可知Robin Dunbar教授不认为我们是浪费时间,而认为闲言碎语是最重要的事情,所以选A。【小题6】B考查动词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.证实,B.反对,C. 概述,略述,画轮廓,打草图D.拓宽,根据上下文可知Robin Dunbar教授是反对传统的关于语言是在人类社会发展初期在组织打猎的时候发展起来的这个观点,所以选B。【小题7】C考查词组辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.例如,B.此外,C.相反的,D.因此,根据上文的句子:Instead he suggests that language evolved among women. We don't spend two-thirds of our time gossiping just because we can talk 可知:正相反的是,语言进化是是让我们说些闲言碎语的,所以选C。【小题8】D考查名词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.动机,B.外表,出现,C. 情感,D.行为,根据下文的描述By means of grooming可知教授是通过研究灵长类动物的行为得出这个令人高兴的理论的,所以选D。【小题9】A考查名词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.进攻,B.联系,C.视察,D.帮助,根据上文的conflict可知猴子和其他的个体形成群体来获得在内部冲突事件中或来自外界的进攻时的支持,所以选A。【小题10】C考查动词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.回想,B.否认,C.下结论,结束,D. .承认,聆听(某人的)忏悔,这句话的意思是:教授下结论说,我们在历史上做过相似的事情,所以选C。【小题11】D考查名词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A. .前景,期望,眺望处,景象,B.责任,C.领导,D.保护,根据下文的:on the other hand
the bigger the group
the greater the stresses of living close to others.可知因为群体越大,获得的保护就越大,所以选D。【小题12】D考查动词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.衡量,B.展示,C.保持,D.缓解,根据上文:on the other hand
the bigger the group
the greater the stresses of living close to others.群体越大,生活在一起的压力就越大,梳理毛发可以缓解压力,让每个人都冷静下来,所以选D。【小题13】B考查动词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.拯救,B.延伸,延长,C.消费,消耗,D.获得,随着群体越来越大,花在打扮上的时间就要延长来维持它的效果,所以选B。【小题14】B考查形容词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.常见的,普遍的,B.有效的,C.科学的,D.考虑周到的,根据上文的effectiveness可知这里是需要一个更加有效的梳理毛发。所以选B。【小题15】C考查形容词辨析。四个选项的含义分别是:A.间接的,B.日常的,C.物理的,身体的,D.秘密的,语言演变成了有声的梳理毛发,它可以让人们通过比一对一的日常交流更多的人群中交换信息,这样可以和更大的群体发展关系,所以选C。考点:考查科普类短文
为您推荐:
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 might as well 的文章

随机推荐