he wansview to buy big 什么(0ne)

503 | Guru Meditation
Sorry for the disruption, we are experiencing some heavy load.
for updates.You are what you wear. You want to get better.
Lake shares your ambition. We provide the shoes you need..I only knew to be a kid and not someone with a disability….Block HTML textMy lifelong passion has always been art. Since I was could remember I always wanted to be an artist. However....Block HTML textI raced from Shanghai to the Yellow Mountains of China. During this 421 Kilometer ride...
.Block HTML textGet inspired by lake heroes. Read their fantastic stories. Considered impossible. Done with lake.
Lake story by Hutch
Connect art with bike passion…
My lifelong passion has always been art. Since I could remember I always wanted to be an artist. However at an early age I got involved in the family business as an A&P Mechanic’s Apprentice. After several years I had decided to follow my life dream and moved on to Art School where I focused on design. During my studies while living in the Chicago, I came to fall in love with cycling. At that time Mountain biking was at its height and the Messenger culture was still the counterculture. Being involved with these two differing sides of the cycling community, I felt it was that perfect combination of form and function that I had always enjoyed from my Mechanical background and my Design studies and thus that experience shaped the direction I wanted to head into for my future. Shortly after graduation from Art School I started working for Lake Cycling as a designer. This was perhaps one of the greatest decisions that I had ever made. Working with Lake gave me an incredible opportunity to continue pursuing two of my greatest passions, art and cycling. The experiences of working with and apprenticing under some of the greatest cycling geniuses & technical shoemakers have by far been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Now after 15 years of working with Lake I am still continuing to pursue my dream as an Artist/Designer/Cyclist.
My most recent “ultimate performance” would be the new CX402!
The CX401 is already a 5 year old design as it first went into production early 2008. However the CX401 has been an extremely well performing shoe that also lend itself to a lot of possibilities for customization. Developing a shoe that could replace the CX401 ended up being a bit of a challenge. For the CX402 I looked at all the aspect that were great in the CX401, the moldable carbon sole, kangaroo leather upper and BOA closure system and had put more focus on making the shoe fit even better while, streamlining the design to be modern as well as being able to lend itself to customization.
“Basically the shoes goal was to perform better than the CX401, fit better than the CX401 and look great in any color.”
One other place that I drew inspiration from was the original moldable Lake CX400 that we introduced in 2005. That shoe had some very unique fit features that we are picking up on again. Design wise a lot of influence comes from the industrial design world, taking design cues from several different segments that I feel relate to the end user for our specific products. For example our MTB shoes, I get quite a bit of influence from Adventure/Enduro motorsports. I like the design or KTM, Triumph and Ducati. Those brands each have a very unique take on their design language, as well as their approaches to colors. Though those three brands all take totally different approaches to their product, they all seam to achieve the same goal through different routes, that concept I really enjoy and try to emulate this thinking to make Lake a unique and well designed brand within our industry.
Connect with comfort. Connect with style. Connect with your ultimate performance.
Share this:(You will leave this website)
Lake story by Allison Jones
Me with a Bike
I learned to ride a bike like any kid, training wheels and in my case duct tape to keep my right foot on the pedal.
I was always looking for something to do in the summer when I wasn’t skiing.
For a while I was swimming with the Colorado Springs Swim Team at the outdoor pool on the Olympic Training Center Complex.
My sister was not a good swimmer and didn’t really want to take part to the degree that I did so it became just me after a while.
Living in Colorado Springs there was always something to do and often we would visit the local Velodrome when ever we saw the lights on.
Usually it would be just a locals race, maybe even a nationals, once it was the Junior World Championships.
In 1998 we went to the velodrome just as if it were a normal race going on and low and behold it was the Disabled World Championships.
I had never seen someone with a disability compete in cycling before and I was very interested.
My mother found the first American coach and asked how to sign up and learn to ride.
The following spring I was being taught how to ride a track bike, never have ridden a normal road bike.
I started to compete locally not realizing what opportunities were out there for me.
I went to the disabled nationals, which coincided with junior nationals in T-Town, Pennsylvania.
I competed in both the disabled athletes and the junior riders.
I tried out for the 2000 Paralympics not knowing that there was no female category so I had to race against the men, I told myself then that I was going to stick with it and in four years most of those competing would have retired and I would have a better chance at competing.
In 2002 I made the World Championship team and traveled to Aldenstat, Germany.
I won two silvers and a bronze.
I continued to ride and in 2004 I made the Athens Paralympic Cycling Team.
I placed 4th in the Kilometer Sprint and 6th in the Road Time Trial.
In 2006 I competed in the World Championships in Aigle, Switzerland, where I place 3rd in Road Time Trail.
I repeated my performance at the 2007 World Championships in Bordeaux, France.
In 2008 I competed in the Summer Paralympics in Beijing, China where I placed 2nd in the Road Time Trial.
I have put the bike away for the winter to focus on skiing but I am very much looking forward to training for the 2012 London Summer Paralympics.
one ultimate connection…
I am now 28 years old and have been active my entire life.
I was born with a deformed femur in right leg.
At nine months old my parents made the decision to have my foot amputated and my femur and tibia fused together.
This could have set me up for a life of lower expectations and lower activity levels but not with my parents.
My mother and father were very active and I was to take part in everything.
I learned to ride a bike, skate board, rock climb, white water raft, hike, ski, and to just be a kid.
I only knew to be a kid and not someone with a disability.
RISK – more than others think is safe,
CARE – more than others think is wise,
DREAM – more than others think is practical,
EXPECT – more than others think is possible.
Shoes I have used in the past have been the CX401 and CX236. The cleat that I wear can accommodate both the Look/Shimano and Speedplay patterns, so as far as bolt patterns go I can use either. Please feel free to check out my website .
Lake story by Crister
These adventures and opportunities allowed me to see diverse parts of the world and opened my eyes to many important issues.
Working in a Community Health Center I encounter families and homeless patients who are forced to choose between medical visits and food in my community.
I do not believe anyone should have to make this choice.
For this reason, I am organizing a local cycling event to raise funds for these patients’ medical visits.
This is a grassroots event that I hope will attract people interested in supporting the most underserved in their community.
Each summer I also organize bicycling and hiking journeys in Bolivia to continue to support the work of the Rio Beni Health Foundation (RBHF).
Over the last ten years on our El Puente journeys with students, enough funds have been raised to support the public health efforts of the RBHF’s BioSand water filters annually.
Please see
and www.netzerbrady.org to learn more.
I will be starting medical school in the Fall of 2013 focusing my studies and research on issues in underserved medicine–and of course getting on my bike as much as possible!
Biking opened my eyes and heart!
My name is Crister Brady.
I am passionate about adventures by bicycle.
In fact, my travels and experiences on a bike have led me towards a career working with underserved communities in medicine.
From an early age I have taken part in journeys with students with my family’s organization, Educational Safaris, and now plan and lead them. Building from these experiences, I have been able to take advantage of opportunities on and off a bike.
These included:
Cycling the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route 2,400 miles from Canada to Mexico at age 14 with a group of middle school students.
Crossing Australia at 16 years old as a member of Expedition360 (): 5,000 km mountain biking across the outback with Jason Lewis, first person to circumnavigate the planet by human power.
Four month solo journey bicycling and surfing 3,000 miles down the Chilean coast at age 19.
Planning and leading bicycle and hiking journeys with students in Bolivia in support of the Rio Beni Health Foundation (RBHF) annually for the last ten years.
Lake story by Jeffrey
I ended up breaking the record by ten minutes.
On October 2nd, 2012 I raced from Shanghai to the Yellow Mountains of China. During this 421 Kilometer ride I got to the front of everyone and just treated the whole thing as a time trial. I got into my TT position and held it for almost the entirety of the 13 hours and 18 minutes. I tried to hold my power to 75 to 90% of FTP for the entire time. Lake shoes were a critical part of being able to maintain this pace over a long period of time. They supported my feet and kept them as comfortable as possible the entire race. The heat molded soles allowed for efficient power transfer and made it so I could keep my mind on the road and on maintaining the power output required to break the record. I ended up breaking the record by ten minutes. It would have been more except for problems with my lights, the extremely rough roads in Anhui and cracking my carbon rims. The whole time my feet were comfortable and well cared for by your outstanding CX401 shoes.
Sincerely,
Jeffrey Reed
Your ultimate bikonnection
Connect with
Connect with
Connect with your
ultimate performance.
Only the correct fitting ensures sustainable cycling. Lake shoes are designed for high performance. And the sole can be custom formed. Your second skin allows you to get the maximum performance.
You are what you wear. Cycling feels like second nature to you. You want to get better. Lake shares your ambition. You will get the best out of yourself. And so in style. Lake style.
Nothing or no one can stop you. You are driven to the bone. Willing to forego. And only looking for the best to reach your personal goal. You are ready for Lake. Ready to connect with your ultimate performance.
Choose a shoe >
Maximize your
performance...
My Lake’style
Your ultimate shoe
...or download the app for
which shoe fits you best? design your ultimate shoes. inspire and share your my lake’style design.
Triathlon News
SEAOTTERCLASSIC: ROAD or MTB, LAKE is ready for Race Day
ASSOS INTRODUCES G1 CYCLINGSLIPPER IN CO-OPERATION WITH LAKE!
become a lake-fan!
your shoes now!
Your first step on your way to your ultimate perfomance.
16 Thanh Thai 10 District
Ho Chi Minh City,
Telephone:
Uiwang-si, Gyeonggi-do 437-819 Korea
Telephone:
82-31-460-3021
Puerto Rico
Telephone:
Mississauga,
L5J 4S8 CANADA
Telephone:
73800 Portugal
Telephone:
(+34) 93 790 73 18
73800 SPAIN
Telephone:
(+34) 93 790 73 18
D-27318 Austria
Telephone:
DE24 9GL Ireland
Telephone:
Veenendaal,
3905 KV Luxembourg
Telephone:
+31 (0) 318 553030
Veenendaal,
3905 KV Belgium
Telephone:
+31 (0) 318 553030
Taoyuan Country,
338 Taiwan
Telephone:
Gresik, Jawa Timur 61176 Indonesia
Telephone:
1384 Hong Kong
Telephone:
NSW 2044 New-Zealand
Telephone:
LV-1004 Latvia
Telephone:
10230 Thailand
Telephone:
+662-5150179
3540 Sweden
Telephone:
+45 48 18 84 87
76401 Estonia
Telephone:
3540 Denmark
Telephone:
Cebu City,
6000 Philippines
Telephone:
Singapore,
408868 Singapore
Telephone:
Ontario, California 91761 United States
Telephone:
607 342 2083
PO BOX 72327 United Arab Emirates
Telephone:
+971 4 339 4453
Zabierzów,
Telephone:
+48 602 22 49 20
104 42 Greece
Telephone:
Veenendaal,
3905 KV The Netherlands
Telephone:
+31 (0) 318 553030
73800 France
Telephone:
+33 4 79 84 36 80
Telephone:
+358(0)44 275 1035
DE24 9GL United Kingdom
Telephone:
Trinidad and Tobago,
Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone:
1-868-675-2453
Bassersdorf,
CH-8303 Switzerland
Telephone:
+ 41 44 838 60 50
Magaliessig,
2067 South Africa
Telephone:
+27 11 465 3682
101000 Russia
Telephone:
+ 7 (910) 478 20 76
0482 Norway
Telephone:
Nishi-Ku, Nagoya 452-0822 Japan
Telephone:
+81 52 504 8345
Reggio Emilia,
42100 Italy
Telephone:
Czech Republic
Telephone:
+420 466 944 023
Wan-hang-du road Changning District, Shanghai 1384 China
Telephone:
Providencia Santiago,
Telephone:
+56 2 4632000
Toronto, Ontario ON. M6J 1J1 Canada
Telephone:
416-823-2040
NSW 2044 Australia
Telephone:
D-27318 Germany
Telephone:
Find your dealer
Become our dealer
Are you ready to sell the ultimate bikonnection? Are you passionate for biking? Do you have a great feeling for comfort and style? You are ready for Lake. Contact us directly and become our dealer.
No Lake-dealer in your country?
You are what you wear. You want to get better.
Lake shares your ambition. We provide the shoes you need..I only knew to be a kid and not someone with a disability….Block HTML textMy lifelong passion has always been art. Since I was could remember I always wanted to be an artist. However....Block HTML textI raced from Shanghai to the Yellow Mountains of China. During this 421 Kilometer ride...
.Block HTML text
This is an example page. It’s different from a blog post because it will stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most themes). Most people start with an About page that introduces them to potential site visitors. It might say something like this:
Hi there! I’m a bike messenger by day, aspiring actor by night, and this is my blog. I live in Los Angeles, have a great dog named Jack, and I like pi?a coladas. (And gettin’ caught in the rain.)
…or something like this:
The XYZ Doohickey Company was founded in 1971, and has been providing quality doohickies to the public ever since. Located in Gotham City, XYZ employs over 2,000 people and does all kinds of awesome things for the Gotham community.
As a new WordPress user, you should go to
to delete this page and create new pages for your content. Have fun!
Share this:
Your Email (required)
Your MessageWhat Everyone Gets Wrong in the Debate Over Net Neutrality | WIRED
Slide: 1 / of
Photo: Getty
Slide: 2 / of
Illustration: WIRED
Even Sunday night HBO watchers are worried the Federal Communications Commission will soon put an end to net neutrality.
Earlier this month, on the HBO comedy news show “Last Week Tonight,” host John Oliver went on a
against the new set of internet rules proposed by the FCC. He warned that the rules would lead to a world where internet service providers like Comcast and Verizon can sell special treatment to web companies like Google and Netflix, charging extra fees to deliver their online videos and other content at fast speeds, and he urged viewers to bombard the FCC website with protests, saying the rules would end up hurting smaller web outfits that can’t afford to pay the fees. The next day, the FCC site buckled under the traffic and
It was just part of a sweeping effort to squash the proposed rules. When the rules first leaked out in May, protesters camped out in front of the FCC’s Washington offices. Big tech companies such as Google, Amazon, and Netflix signed a
asking the government communications agency to bar internet providers from discriminating “both technically and financially against internet companies.” And last week, two big name Democrats on Capitol Hill . Nearly everyone, it seems, wants to prevent the FCC from allowing some companies to have
while others toil at slower speeds.
‘Most of the points of the debate are artificial, distracting, and based on an incorrect mental model on how the internet works.’
The only trouble is that, here in the year 2014, complaints about a fast-lane don’t make much sense. Today, privileged companies—including Google, Facebook, and Netflix—already benefit from what are essentially internet fast lanes, and this has been the case for years. Such web giants——now have direct connections to big ISPs like Comcast and Verizon, and they run dedicated computer servers deep inside these ISPs. In technical lingo, these are known as “peering connections” and “content delivery servers,” and they’re a vital part of the way the internet works.
“Fast lane is how the internet is built today,” says Craig Labovitz, who, as the CEO of DeepField Networks, an outfit whose sole mission is to track how companies build internet infrastructure, probably knows more about the design of the modern internet than anyone else. And many other internet experts agree with him. “The net neutrality debate has got many facets to it, and most of the points of the debate are artificial, distracting, and based on an incorrect mental model on how the internet works,” says Dave Taht, a developer of .
The concepts driving today’s net neutrality debate caught on because the internet used to operate differently—and because they were easy for consumers to understand. In many respects, these concepts were vitally important to the evolution of the internet over the past decades. But in today’s world, they don’t address the real issue with the country’s ISPs, and if we spend too much time worried about fast lanes, we could hurt the net’s progress rather than help it.
Even Tim Wu, the man who coined the term net neutrality, will tell you that the fast lane idea isn’t what it seems. “The fast lane is not a literal truth,” he says. “But it’s a sense that you should have a fair shot.” On the modern internet, as Wu indicates, the real issue is that such a small number of internet service providers now control the pipes that reach out to U.S. consumers—and that number is getting even smaller, with , one of its biggest rivals. The real issue is that the Comcasts and Verizons are becoming too big and too powerful. Because every web company has no choice but to go through these ISPs, the Comcasts and the Verizons may eventually have too much freedom to decide how much companies must pay for fast speeds.
Click image to enlarge.
We shouldn’t waste so much breath on the idea of keeping the network completely neutral. It isn’t neutral now. What we should really be doing is looking for ways we can increase competition among ISPs—ways we can prevent the Comcasts and the AT&Ts from gaining so much power that they can completely control the market for internet bandwidth. Sure, we don’t want ISPs blocking certain types of traffic. And we don’t want them delivering their own stuff at 10 gigabits per second and everyone else’s stuff at 1 gigabit. But competition is also the best way to stop these types of extreme behavior.
Though the network will never be neutral, we can find ways of promoting a vibrant market for fast internet speeds that’s open to everyone. At the end of his rant, John Oliver actually comes pretty close to the real issue. Advocates, he says, “should not be talking about protecting net neutrality. They shouldn’t even use that phrase. They should call it preventing cable company f***ery, because that is what it is.”
The Great Rewiring
The net neutrality debate is based on a mental model of the internet that hasn’t been accurate for more than a decade. We tend to think of the internet as a massive public network that everyone connects to in exactly the same way. We envision data traveling from Google and Yahoo and Uber and every other online company into a massive internet backbone, before moving to a vast array of ISPs that then shuttle it into our homes. That could be a neutral network, but it’s not today’s internet. It couldn’t be. Too much of the traffic is now coming from just a handful of companies.
Craig Labowitz made this point last month, when he testified before a Congressional committee on the proposed Comcast-Time Warner merger. Ten years ago, internet traffic was “broadly distributed across thousands of companies,” Labovitz said in his prepared statement to the committee. But by 2009, half of all internet traffic originated in less than 150 large content and content-distribution companies, and today, half of the internet’s traffic comes from just 30 outfits, including Google, Facebook, and Netflix.
Because these companies are moving so much traffic on their own, they’ve been forced to make special arrangements with the country’s internet service providers that can facilitate the delivery of their sites and applications. Basically, they’re bypassing the internet backbone, plugging straight into the ISPs. Today, a typical webpage request can involve dozens of back-and-forth communications between the browser and the web server, and even though internet packets move at the speed of light, all of that chatter can noticeably slow things down. But by getting inside the ISPs, the big web companies can significantly cut back on the delay. Over the last six years, they’ve essentially rewired the internet.
Google was the first. As it expanded its online operation to a network of private data centers across the globe, the web giant also set up routers inside many of the same data centers used by big-name ISPs so that traffic could move more directly from Google’s data centers to web surfers. This type of direct connection is called “peering.” Plus, the company set up servers inside many ISPs so that it could more quickly deliver popular YouTube videos, webpages, and images. This is called a “content delivery network,” or CDN (see glossary, right).
“Transit network providers” such as Level 3 already provide direct peering connections that anyone can use. And companies such as Akamai and Cloudflare have long operated CDNs that are available to anyone. But Google made such arrangements just for its own stuff, and others are following suit. Netflix and Facebook have built their own CDNs, and according to reports, Apple is building one too.
The Google Edge
Does this give companies like Google and Netflix a potential advantage over the next internet startup? Sure it does. But this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, this rewiring has been great for consumers. It has allowed millions to enjoy House of Cards, YouTube, and Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker. It’s the reason why the latest version of high-definition video, Ultra HD 4K, is available for streaming over the internet and not on some new disk format.
Plus, although Google does have an edge over others, not every company needs that edge. Most companies don’t generate enough traffic to warrant a dedicated peering connection or CDN. And if the next internet startup does get big enough, it too can arrange for a Google-like setup. Building the extra infrastructure is expensive, but making the right arrangements with a Comcast or a Verizon is pretty cheap—at least for now.
Traditionally, ISPs have not charged for interconnection points. They’re happy to have Google or Netflix or Akamai or Level 3 servers or routers in their data centers because they speed up service for their customers and reduce the amount of traffic that has to flow out of their network. You could look at these arrangements as fast lanes—but because ISPs have treated their networks as an open marketplace and delivered real value to consumers and businesses, they’re not the kind of thing that the FCC should be discouraging.
The problem today isn’t the fast lanes. The problem is whether the ISPs will grow so large that they have undue control over the market for fast speeds—whether they can independently decide who gets access to what connection at what price. “The question is which kinds of fast lanes are problematic and which kinds are not,” says Marvin Ammori, a lawyer and net neutrality advocate.
Muscle Gets Flexed
Ammori is worried that, recently, internet service providers—Comcast, in particular—have been started to flex their muscle. Transit provider Level 3 says that, as it sends traffic into their networks, the big U.S. ISPs are letting some of its routers . And amidst these bottlenecks, Comcast is
that can help companies increase delivery speeds.
For Ammori and others, this seems like a shake-down that lets the service providers get paid at at both ends—by their home subscribers and by the web companies that deliver stuff to these subscribers. Ammori worries that the ISPs will start throwing their weight around unfairly. “We don’t want AT&T and others to impose a tax and to treat those who pay a tax better than others,” he says. The strange thing is that even some of the biggest “net neutrality” advocates downplay the importance of these peering deals, saying they have nothing to do with net neutrality. But this is largely an argument of semantics. The point is that, whatever terms you use to describe it, the situation could lead to an unfair playing field.
‘We don’t want AT&T and others to impose a tax and to treat those who pay a tax better than others.’
One way to prevent this is through greater competition among ISPs. If consumers and web companies have many ISPs to choose from, no one ISP can control who gets what. Ammori doesn’t see more competition among ISPs as a panacea, but he thinks it would help. And another network activist, Seth Johnson, believes competition can change things, but that it will take government action to make that happen. “Competition and regulation are not at odds in every case. Particularly in telecom,” he says. In any event, competition is a bigger issue than net neutrality. The internet has evolved, but the debate must evolve along with it.
If Comcast’s last-mile of cable connection was available to all competitors under the same terms that gave dial-up service providers access to all copper telephone networks back in the 1990s, we would have more ISPs in more geographical areas. Consumers could simply switch providers whenever Netflix or YouTube started to get choppy. And that would give Netflix and YouTube more leverage in their deals with the ISPs. At the moment, this option—where ISPs are treated as “common carriers”—is on the table, but it seems like a remote possibility. Maybe it shouldn’t be. Instead of railing against fast lanes, we should be pushing Washington to explore ideas like this that could actually promote competition among ISPs. “In the present situation,” Johnson says, “the debate is misdirected.”
This story is the first in a three-part WIRED series on the net neutrality debate. The second will appear on Wednesday, the third on Friday.
Invalid Email

我要回帖

更多关于 wansview 的文章

随机推荐