small snowsnowflake是什么意思思

Snow Falling on Cedars雪落雪松_百度百科
关闭特色百科用户权威合作手机百科
收藏 查看&Snow Falling on Cedars雪落雪松本词条缺少概述、名片图,补充相关内容使词条更完整,还能快速升级,赶紧来吧!出版社Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (日)出版时间1995-9定&&&&价55.00元装&&&&帧平装ISBN9
This is the kind of book where you can smell and hear and see the fictional world the writer has created, so palpably does the atmosphere come through. Set on an island in the straits north of Puget Sound, in Washington, where everyone is either a fisherman or a berry farmer, the story is nominally about a murder trial. But since it's set in the 1950s, lingering memories of World War II, internment camps and racism helps fuel suspicion of a Japanese-American fisherman, a lifelong resident of the islands. It's a great story, but the primary pleasure of the book is Guterson's renderings of the people and the place.
--This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Ishmael Chambers, the one-man staff of the newspaper on San Piedro Island in Puget Sound, is covering the 1954 trial of a high school classmate accused of killing another classmate over a land dispute. Actor Peter Marinker--a stage veteran who has appeared in such movies as The Russia House and The Emerald Forest--takes us deep inside the world created by David Guterson in his award-winning 1994 novel. We learn the sensory details of life in a sma the emotional lives of people scarred inside and out by World War II; and the deep and unresolved prejudices toward the island's Japanese Americans, who were interned during the war--a tragedy that led to financial advantage for some islanders. Marinker deliberately but nimbly moves from the characters' distinctive voices to the poignant interior perspectives of the soulful, wounded Chambers as he tells a combination love story, murder mystery, and painful history lesson. (Running time: 15 hours, 10 cassettes) --Lou Schuler
--This text refers to the Audio Cassette edition.
新手上路我有疑问投诉建议参考资料 查看当前位置:
>>>动词填空阅读下面短文,用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空 (必要时..
动词填空阅读下面短文,用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空 (必要时可加情态动词或助动词)。Afel was only a small boy when he first saw snow in a picture book. In the pictures he saw a lot of children 小题1:______ (play) in the snow.Afel didn’t understand what snow was. But he dreamed about snow all the time. He dreamed of being able 小题2:______ (fly) across the snow.One day when he was twelve, Afel小题3: ______ (watch) TV at his uncle’s house. The program was full of snow. Not only snow – there were people flying across the snow.“Look! They 小题4: ______ (fly)!” he shouted excitedly.The snow, and the people… It was just like one of his dreams.“They’re skiing. It needs snow,” said his uncle, “it’s the Winter Olympics. It 小题5: ______ (hold) every four years.”Afel 小题6:_________ (find)out that the next Winter Olympics would be in Sochi, Russia in 2014.“Perfect,” he thought. “Enough time for me to become a good skier. I 小题7:______ (go) to the Winter Olympics, and win the gold medal for skiing.”“But there’s no snow here!” people told him. “Where are you going to ski?”Afel made himself a pair of skis and skied across the sand. At first he couldn’t move, but he practiced and practiced until he could move quite quickly.“How will you go to the Winter Olympics?” people asked him. “Our country 小题8:______ (not, have) a team at all. Why 小题9:______ (not, do) athletics (田径) instead? We have lots of good runners. And we 小题10:______ (win) lots of medals at the Olympics.”Now Afel is practicing skiing down sand dunes (沙丘). He dreams that the yellow sand and brown earth of the desert (沙漠) is the white snow.
题型:完形填空难度:中档来源:不详
小题1:playing&小题2:to fly&小题3:was watching&小题4:are flying&小题5:is held小题6:found&小题7:will go/am going&小题8:doesn’t have/hasn’t had&小题9:not do&小题10:have won试题分析:Afel只是一个小男孩,当他第一次见到雪的图画书。在照片中,他看到很多孩子在雪地里玩。Afel不明白什么是雪。有一天,他12岁的时候,在他叔叔家看电视“你看!他们飞!“他兴奋地喊道。“他们正在滑雪。它需要雪“,他的叔叔说,”这是冬季奥运会。它每四年举行一次。“我去冬季奥运会,并夺得滑雪金牌。现在Afel在沙丘上练习滑雪。他梦想着棕色的土地和黄色的沙子就是白色的雪。小题1:此题考查固定句型结构see sb doing sth表示看到某人正在做某事。此句的含义是这个小孩在图片上看到很多小朋友正在雪地里玩耍。小题2:此题考查固定句型结构be able to do sth表示能够做某事。此句的含义是他梦想着能够在雪地里飞。小题3:此题考查动词的时态,根据语境可知Afel正在看电视,故选过去进行时,故填was watching。小题4:此题考查动词的时态,根据动词look可以知道此句要用现在进行时,故用are flying。小题5:此题考查动词的语态,根据语境可知此句的含义是它每四年举行一次,故用动词hold 被动语态,故填is held。小题6:此题考查动词的时态,因描述的是过去是件,故用过去时,found。小题7:此题考查动词的时态,根据语境可知表示的是一种计划或打算,故用将来时,故填am going。小题8:此题考查一般现在时的基本构成,根据语境可知此句的含义是我们国家没有一支队。小题9:此题考查固定句型结构why not do sth意思是为什么不做某事小题10:此题考查动词的时态,根据语境可知此句表示我们在奥林匹克上丢了很多的奖牌,故填现在完成时,故填have won。点评:
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“动词填空阅读下面短文,用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空 (必要时..”主要考查你对&&问答题&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
问答题:主要是根据前提问题来做出相应的要求内的答案,题型比较灵活但是考查了学生多方面的知识和技能。要做好这类题,就要注意平时知识的积累,包括单词、词组、句型等。
发现相似题
与“动词填空阅读下面短文,用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空 (必要时..”考查相似的试题有:
274215319060301473302993303315273318小学英语新课标修改稿--gogored的blog
时 间 记 忆
最 新 评 论
专 题 分 类
最 新 日 志
最 新 留 言
用 户 登 录
友 情 连 接
小学英语新课标修改稿
9:11:00 | By: gogo ]
它们相互联系,相辅相成,
9循序渐进、持续发展的课程。
3969(1012)
:英语课程分级目标结构
课程目标结构2
2学科教学知识既包括基本的教育学和心理学知识,也包括有关英语教学的理论知识、教学方法和教学技巧。教师要了解儿童和青少年的认知发展特点,根据中国学生英语学习特点和学习环境对英语学习的影响,不断探索学生英语学习的客观规律。教师要能够确定合理而具有可操作性的教学目标,设计合理、连贯、清晰的教学过程,选择并创造性地使用多种教学方法,有效地组织和实施课堂教学。教师还应注意观察教与学的过程,监控教与学的效果,并及时调整教学目标、内容和方法。
(3)开展教学反思,促进自身专业发展。教学反思是一个不断发现问题、分析问题和解决问题的过程,是教师发展的重要途径。教师应通过不断的反思,加深对教育教学过程和学生学习过程的认识,调整和改进自己的教学行为,提高教学效果。要通过建立教学团队,构建合作学习和合作探究的机制和氛围,鼓励分享,促进交流,提炼适合个人特点的教学信念,探索有效的教学方式和方法,成为一个不断进取的、具有创新精神的英语教师。
1.充分发挥评价的积极导向作用
2.体现学生在评价中的主体地位
3.依据课程目标要求确定评价内容与标准
4.注意评价方法的合理性和多样性
5.形成性评价要有利于监控和促进教与学的过程
6.终结性评价要注重考查学生的综合语言运用能力
7.注意处理教学与评价的关系
8.小学的评价应以激励学生学习为主
9.合理设计和实施初中毕业学业考试
英语学业考试的命题应遵守以下原则:(1)要依据课程标准来确定考查内容与标准;(2)要着重考查学生的综合语言运用能力,避免单纯考查语言知识;(3)要充分考虑学生的实际生活和身心发展水平;(4)要选用真实、地道的语言素材,根据语言实际使用情况命题;(5)要确保试题的信度和效度,杜绝繁、偏、旧的试题,要控制题量;(6)要根据试题的考查目的和考查重点,科学合理地制定评分标准。
提高学生的学习兴趣和学习动机。
教材的内容和教学方法应具有较大的灵活性。在不违背科学性原则的前提下,教材应该具有一定的弹性和伸缩性,以便教师根据实际教学需要,对教材内容作适当的取舍和补充。
追求单音的准确性。
(Measurement)
64 (Employer)
1January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
2When is your birthday? My birthday is in…
1Januaryafter…before…
11212Why is there a red heart in December?
2: Why is there a red heart in December? When is Amy’s birthday? When is her father’s birthday? When is her mother’s birthday? When is Coco’s birthday?
3When is Amy’s birthday?
5When is your birthday? My birthday is in November. Coco’s birthday is in December.
knock at the door, open the door and…, are you ready, &&&&&&&&&&&&get to the station, to have a trip with their classmates
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
14roosterhedgehogparrotsnail
2It’s lovely/ It can fly/ It runs quickly
3We choose the cat because it is lovely
2horse, fish, elephant, dog, snake, crocodile, catrooster, hedgehog, parrot, snailroosterhenparrotbird
4Which one is missing4
(1)It’ It’ I It’ It runs fastIt’s + It can +
(2)It’s too big
1elephantCan we choose the elephant?No. Why?Because it’s too big
4We choose the … because it’s …/
I like the cat.
I don’t like the snake.
Do you like the hedgehog?
Can we choose the elephant?
It’s lovely.
It’s dangerous.
It runs fast.
It can fly.
It can sing.
We choose the rabbit because it’s lovely.
1skateskateboardsurfdiveplay tennis
2 allmostsomea few, none
&&& “Excuse me. Can I ask you something?” “What sports can you play? I can swim
2“Can you surf ?”, “ Can you dive?”“Can you play tennis?” YesI can.No, I can’t.
123RobbieJenny
2Can Robbie skateboard?
3Your friend
4Can you surf? Can … skateboard?
4. allmost,& some,& a few,& none
1push-ups, run 400-meter, climb a rope, skateboard, surf
2allmost,& some,& a few,& noneall of…, most of…
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& _________ of the students can dive.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& _________ of them can play baseball.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& _________ of them can play volleyball.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& _________ of them can play table tennis.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& _________ of the students can play tennis.
I Believe I Can Flycan“ If we can dream, we can do it .”
适合3级或4级)
1Do you know anything about schools in England? Do you think schools in England are all very big? Can you guess how many students there are in a class? I think their schools are all very smallWhy do you think so?
Lily and Her New School
1gymWhat do you do in a gym?
Complete the following sentences with the words given in the box.
playground
music room
secondary school
①If we want to have meals in the school, we go to the ________.
②If we want to read or borrow books, we go to the ________.
③When teachers finish their classes, they often go back to their _______.
④During the break or after class, students often play at the ________.
⑤In Britain, a middle school is called a ________.
⑥A ______ is a large room where people go to do physical exercises or get fit.
⑦Students learn drawing and painting in the ________.
⑧Students often practise singing in the ________.
It’s just like a junior middle school in China.
The school is not as big as those in China.
So the classes are much smaller than those in China.
So my English is getting better and better.
Reading text
Lily is a Chinese girl living in England. She moved there with her parents last year. Now Lily is studying in a secondary school. Below is part of a letter that Lily wrote to one of her friends in China.
Dear Xiaofang,
How are you these days? I hope everything is fine with you.
In your last letter, you asked me about my new school, so let me tell you more about it. Our school is called Hillside Secondary School. It’s just like a junior middle school in China. It is in the town centre, not far from my home. The school is not as big as those in China. There are about 10 classes and 200 students. So the classes are much smaller than those in China. There is only one building for the classrooms and the teachers’ offices.
Besides the classrooms, there is also an art room and a music room. There is a playground, a small library, and a gym. There are all kinds of books in the library. There is a lot of free time, so we often go to the library to read or borrow books. I really like the library.
Oh, I almost forget. There is also a canteen in our school. During the weekdays, we eat our lunch there. Although I’m a new student here, the teachers and students are very friendly to me. They are trying to teach me English, so my English is getting better and better. I hope you are also making progress in English.
(1) I have a panda. (B)
(2) Sam goes to school by bus. (C)
(3) I want some bananas. (A)1
A&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&&&&&& C
&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&&&&&& C
A&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&& &&&&C
&This is Mary. She wears a red cap and a yellow coat. Her trousers are green. Her shoes are brown. Look at her school bag. It’s blue.
Listen , think and tick (“√”)
(1)Tom: Hi, Andy. What’s your favourite sport?
&&&&& Andy: My favourite sport is swimming. I go swimming every day.
(2)John: Oh, Peter. What’s wrong with you?
Peter: My finger hurts. I feel terrible.
1. Listen, and tick. (√)
(1) Beijing is sunny.
(2) Harbin is windy.
(3) Shanghai will rain today.
(4) Guangzhou is cloudy.
2. Listen, and tick.(√)
Good morning, now the weather report for 7 o’clock news. Beijing is dry and windy. Harbin is cold with snow. Chengdu will be cloudy. Wuhan will have heavy rain and Shanghai has a sunny day today. That’s all. Have a nice weekend.
3. Listen, and fill in the information. ()
&5 Chengdu
will be ______.
&4 Shanghai has
&a _____day.
&3 Wuhan will have
heavy& &&.
&2 Harbin is cold with
&1 Beijing is dry and____.
1.& Read and tick. √
&&&&& &&&&&&&&
&&&&& &&&&&&&
Bob and Richard are sitting on the bench near the school playground. They are talking about yesterday’s football game. They are excited. Suddenly, Bob sees a schoolbag beside the bench. He picks it up. “Whose is it?” he asks. “Let’s go and find the owner,” Richard says. They go to the shelter to get their bicycles. “Where is my bicycle?” Richard asks. “Oh! I left my bicycle beside the bench! ”
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B
C&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D
Fill in the blanks.
& It’s Sunday today. We are at home. My mother is ________the dishes in the kitchen. My father
is___________ the flowers in the garden. My grandpa is _________ TV in the living room. I’m
_________ in the study. What’s my cat doing? She’s ________ a fish in the kitchen. Everyone
eating& washing&& happy
studying&& watching& watering&
is _________.
Match the pictures.
&&&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 1 &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&2
3 &&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&4
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&& 5
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This is a cat.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
It’s my pet.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Her name is Lylie.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
She’s clever.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
She likes fish.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I like her very much.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I’m…I like…I do…I’m doing…
I like… I did…… won… in this game.
This is my room… It is not big. The … is on the… The …are under the…Do you like my room?
asked… to…&&&&&& &&&&&&&&ran to…&&&&&&&&&&&&&& came back with…
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& forgot the stamp&&&&&&&&&&& thanked/praised…
2-2-1-13-5
(& ) 1 . What sport does the boy like most?
&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&&&&&&&&&& C
(& ) 2. What did the boy buy yesterday?
&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&&&&&&&&&& C
2-2-1-23-5
2-2-1-33-5
1. Tom Smith&&&&&&&&&&&& [& ]&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A& a student from USA
2. Mary Shaw&&&&&&&&&& [& ]&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B& a salesgirl at a computer company
3. Nick Hansen&&&&&&&& [& ]&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C& a P.E. teacher at a high school
4. Sue Parker&&&&&&&&&&& [& ]&&&&&&&&&& D& a doctor taking care of children
5. Peter Roberts&&&&&&& [& ]&&&&&&&&&& E& a shop assistant
2-2-1-43-5
What does this notice say?
A. Reserved tickets must be paid for today.
B. You can order tickets by tomorrow.
C. Tickets for the party can be collected
after tomorrow.
Saturday’s Dance Party
There aren’t any tickets left. Anyone who ordered a ticket and hasn’t given me the money should do so before tomorrow.
&&&&&& Jean Martin(1)
What does Frank want Mary to do?
A. Return the dictionary she borrowed.
B. Lend him her pocket dictionary.
C. Look for the dictionary in her house.
Missa ― your Spanish class is on Friday evening this week instead of Thursday, starting 15 minutes earlier than usual.
2-2-1-53-5
I have been wondering if you would like to come and spend a couple of weeks at my house this summer. We have a spare room in the house. 1&&&&& &So there will be no problem in putting you up. The best time to come would be in August since the weather is usually good then and 2&&&&& &There is a large castle about twenty kilometers from the house. It is said that it has a history of 500 years. 3&&&&& &As you know, I live in a fairly small village and you might think that there would not be much to do, but, in fact, it is a very lively place, especially in the summer when there are always plenty of things going on. 4&&&&& &One of the most enjoyable of the summer events is an international jazz festival which takes place in the middle of August and lasts for over a week.
&5&&&&& &It is always great fun to listen to the music. Please let me know if and when you can come so that I can begin making plans for your stay as soon as possible.
2-2-1-63-5
a~eKate, Tom, Betty, Sophia, Jane
a. This book will help you understand how to stay well and avoid sickness. You’ll learn some things that you might use at home to avoid catching a cold.
b. Do you want to know how much food you should eat every day? Do you want to make a good plan for your meals? If so, please read this book. From this book you’ll know about safe ways to lose weight and keep healthy at the same time.
c. This book has useful information about how to prevent common accidents. It’s about safety both indoors and outdoors. Community safety is specially introduced in this book.
d. This book will tell you something about how to keep healthy by doing exercises. You’ll learn not only the importance of doing exercises, but also the ways of doing exercises.
e. You’ll know why people need health insurance by reading this book. You can also learn how to choose health insurance and how to use insurance to pay for your health care.
(& ) 1. Kate wants to keep thinner and healthier.
(& ) 2. Tom is collecting information about how to prevent electrical fire.
(& ) 3. Betty is trying to advise her mother to do some sports.
(& ) 4. Sophia wants to know some ways to avoid common cold.
(& ) 5. Jane is studying health insurance.&
2-2-1-73-5
a. Many people like animals and take them as their pets. Nowadays pet hospitals are very busy. Kind persons who love animals are needed to work in busy animal hospitals.
b. Scientists think that pets will probably be much smaller because people in the future will be living in much smaller spaces. Scientists are already working on making very small farm animals. The same things might be done to make smaller cats and dogs.
c. It’s said that some day you might own a panther as a pet. Scientists might have to start turning wild animals into pets. This might be the only way to save them from dying out.
d. What about a robot for a pet? This may sound silly, but it could become true. Robot dogs have been made to bark like real dogs. These “pets” might become more and more popular in the future. After all, robots don’t lose hair or chew on things the way real pets do.
e. Lots of people miss their pets while they are on holiday. One hotel in Minnesota has solved this problem. They lend cats to their guests. Many experts believe this idea will become more and more popular. It is very possible that in the future you will be able to order a pet, as well as room service, at a hotel.
(& ) 1. Pet hotels
(& ) 2. Smaller pets
(& ) 3. Robots for pets
(& ) 4. A panther for pet
(& ) 5. Assistant needed in pet hospitals
2-2-1-83-5
My Favourite Season80
2-2-1-93-5
Jack2:30()
2-2-1-1035
& (1) You _______ stop when the traffic light turns red.
A. can&&&&&&&& B. must&&&&&& C. had better
(2)& -- It’s said all the hotels are filled with tourists.
-- Don’t worry! I &&&&&&&&a room in a hotel.
A. have booked&&&&& B. will book&&&&&& C. may book
Part A1~3
Part C231~3
HiWould you like to finish a survey about students’ hobbies?
What do you like to do after class?
What games do you often play?
Do you like sports? If yes, what sports do you often play? If not, why?
Choose one of the following topics and make a one-minute presentation.
1. What place do you think this is?
2. What time of year do you think it is in the picture? Why do you think so?
3. What do you think the people are doing in the picture? Suggest a few reasons why people come to such a place.
4. Describe the schoolboy walking alone.
5. Is there a place similar to this one in the city you are living? If yes, do you often go there?
Sam would like to start learning Chinese. Can you give him some suggestions?
Student A, here is some information about a bookshop. Student B will ask you about this bookshop. Please try to answer his/her questions based on this card.
Student B, you want to buy some books in a bookshop but you don’t know anything about it. Ask Student A some questions about it.
Student A’s card&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Student B’s card
WORLD BOOKS
212 Main Street
Get your travel books here
12. 30 pm C 8.00 pm
- address?
- big / small?
- closed / Sundays?
- sell / travel books?
- telephone number?&
&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Hello.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Hi. Class/Children/Everybody/Boys and girls.&&
Good morning.
Good afternoon.
How are you (today)?&&&&
Fine, thanks. How are you?
How are you doing, Susan?&&&&&&&&&&
Not (too) bad./Very well./Okay!/Pretty good./Great!/
How is it going?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
How about you?/What about you?
How are things with you, John?&&
Same as before./Nothing unusual./Nothing special.
Nothing new./Busy as usual.
2. Saying Goodbye
See you again/tomorrow/next week.
See you soon!
Take care.
Wish you luck.
Have a nice day/weekend/vacation!
Have a good time!
Enjoy your weekend/vacation!
3. Class time
(1) Beginning a Class
Shall we start?
Can we begin?
Time for class!
It’s time to start our class.
Are you ready to start?
Is everybody ready for class?
Let’s begin with some listening/speaking/reading/writing.
Today we are going to learn about “Seasons”.
(2) Asking about absences
Is anybody absent?
Is everybody here?
Who’s not here today?
Who’s absent today?
Who knows where Susan is?
Has anyone seen Amy today?
What’s wrong with Mary?
(3) Asking about reasons for being late/absent
What happened to Mary?
What’s the matter?
Are you sick?
Have you got a cold/flu?
Why are you late?
Where have you been?
Did you miss the bus?
Did you oversleep?
Was the traffic bad?
(4) Being late
I’m sorry. I’m late.
I’m sorry for being late.
Excuse me. May I come in?
I’m sorry I’m late. May I come in?
(5) Giving reasons for being late
I got up late.
I overslept.
I forgot the time.
My watch is slow.
I missed the bus.
I took the wrong bus.
I got stuck in traffic.
I had a bad cold.
I forgot to bring my book and went home to get it.
(6) Break Time
Let’s take/have a break.
Have a short break now.
Take a break for five minutes.
Time’s up. You can go now.
Class is over.
Class is dismissed.
That’s all for this morning.
It’s time to stop.
4. Meal Time
It’s time for lunch.
It’s time to eat.
Enjoy your meal.
Wash your hands before you eat.
What do you want for lunch?
What would you like for lunch?
Some more?
Is it enough?
Do you want some more?
Are you hungry/thirsty?
I’m full.
I’m very thirsty.
It tastes good.
Smells good!
It tastes terrible!
It’s too sour!
It’s too sweet!
It’s too salty.
I don’t like it at all.
It’s too spicy.
Don’t talk with your mouth full.
Don’t talk while you’re eating.
Don’t waste food.
Wipe your mouth.
Put your lunch box away, please.
5. May I go to the bathroom?
May I go to the girls’ room/boys’ room?
Excuse me. Where is the bathroom?
May I go pee-pee? (For children )
May I go pooh-pooh? (For children )
I go home by bus.
How do you go home?
&My mother will take me home.
Will you go home by yourself?
My father will pick me up.
&&& I’ll go home by myself.
II. Teaching in the classroom
1. Teaching listening, speaking, reading and writing
Just listen. Don’t repeat.
Listen with your books closed.
Listen carefully and do what I say.
Listen to my questions first.
Say it with me.
Look at my mouth.
Watch my lips.
How do you say the first word?
How do you spell “flower”?
Look at the picture and tell me what you see.
What do you call this in English?
What does…mean?
What’s the opposite of “happy”?
What’s the difference between the sentences?
Don’t read it out. Just read it silently, please.
You may look at your book this time.
Let’s try it with the books open.
Let’s try it with the books closed.
Let’s do a role play.
Who wants to be Mr. Green?
Who would like to act out the dialogue for us?
Do you want to be Mary or Mark?
Let’s read the text aloud.
Write your name on the cover/at the top.
Write it on the board.
Write it neatly.
Copy the new words.
Copy it down in your notebook.
Make a note of this.
Take notes on what I say in your notebook.
Could you take out a piece of paper?
Could you find a pen for me?
Take out your book(s).
Give me your homework.
Show me your pen(s).
One book for every three students.
There’s one set of pictures for each group.
Can you share with Jack, please?
Would you mind sharing with Jack?
Is there anybody without a copy?
Is there anyone who hasn’t got a copy?
Can you find the right page?
Do you know where we are?
Turn back to page 21.
It’s right at the top/bottom.
It’s in the middle of the page.
It’s about half way down.
It’s on the left-hand side/the right-hand side.
2. Checking comprehension
Understand?
Do you get it?
Do you understand?
Do you all know what to do?
Is there anything you don’t understand?
Any questions/problems?
Is everything clear?
Are there any questions?
Tell me/raise your hands/put your hands up if you don’t understand.
Do I need to say it again?
3. Organizing individual work, pair work, group work, and whole class work
Do it yourself/ yourselves.
Work on your own.
Find a friend/partner.
Work (together) with your friend/partner.
Work in pairs.
Do it in pairs.
You two work together. You two, you and you.
Henry, turn around and work with Mary.
Anyone without a partner?
Has everybody got a partner?
Who has no partner?
Who hasn’t found a partner?
Get together in groups.
Work in groups.
Do this in groups.
Let’s do some group work.
Let’s make two teams.
Now, I’m going to divide you in three groups.
Work in groups of four.
Could you get into groups of six?
Can you arrange yourselves in groups of six?
Everybody.
All of you, all together.
The whole class, please.
Whose turn is it?
Who’s next?
Whose turn is it now?
Let’s move to the next one.
Who hasn’t got a try?
Has anyone not had a turn?
Have you finished?
Have you done everything?
Who hasn’t finished?
Let’s stop here.
The game is over.
It’s time to stop/finish.
Time’s up.
4. Game Time
Now, we’ll play a game.
Today, we are going to play a new game.
This time, we’re going to do a guessing/counting/spelling game.
Let’s act out our play!
Let’s sing a song.
Let’s do the singing together.
First, let’s just listen to the tune.
Sing along with the tape.
I say, “Touch the door”, you touch the door. And I say, “Touch the window”, you touch the window. OK?
First, listen to the tape. Next, I say the words and you point to the pictures. Then, listen and repeat after the tape. Finally, I point to the pictures and you say the words.
Here are two pictures. Work in pairs, each with a different picture. They have five different things. But do not let your friend see your picture (Do not show your picture to your friend). Ask each other questions to find out what is different. Write down the differences.
Bingo Games
Write nine words on your sheet. Any words related with food. You can write “apple”, “banana”, “bread”, “milk” or…
I’ll say a word, and you put an “X” on the word, like this. OK?
If you have three “X”s in a line, this way (vertically), this way (horizontally), or this way (diagonally), say “Bingo!”
If you can do it, you win/you get a point. If you can’t do it, you are out/you lose a point.
5. Asking for Volunteers
Any volunteers?
Anyone else?
Does anyone know the answer?
Could somebody tell me the answer?
Who will be the first person/group/team/pair/one?
Who wants to be the teacher?
Who can tell me the answer?
Who wants to go first?
Could you come to the front?
Could you answer the question?
6. To be a Volunteer
I’ll try!
I can do it!
Let me try!
Let me do it!
I want to be the volunteer!
7. Let’s start