!这句什么意思,求大神告知番号们告知!谢谢, Who are of no use, c

小题1:B小题1:C小题1:A小题1:C小题1:B 细节题。从文章第一段Some societies, such as America and Australia, for example, are mobile and very open说明他们比较容易和他人交流,故选择B小题1:C 细节题。从第二段A Malaysian or Mexican business person, for example, will want to get to know you very well before he or she feels happy to start business可以得知他们喜欢和自己了解比较深的人交流.故选择C小题1:A 总结归纳题。从第三段it’s no fun …… you don’t want to answer,可以得知在比较保守的社会和陌生人交流是比较无趣的,故选择A小题1:C 总结归纳题。作者将这些不同和问题总结为Cross-cultural differences,说明问题的根源在于文化不同,故选择C
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Meeting people from another culture can be difficult. From the beginning, people may send the wrong signal. Or they may pay no attention to signals from another person who is trying to develop a relationship.Different cultures emphasize the importance of relationship building to a greater or lesser degree. For example, business in some countries is not possible until there is a relationship of trust. Even with people at work, it is necessary to spend a lot of time in "small talk", usually over a glass of tea, before they do any job.In many European countries -- like the UK or France -- people find it easier to build up a lasting working relationship at restaurants or cafes rather than at the office.Talk and silence may also be different in some cultures. I once made a speech in Thailand.I had expected my speech to be a success and start instead there was an uncomfortable silence. The people present just stared at me and smiled.After getting to know their ways better, I realized that they thought I was talking too much. In my own culture, we express meaning mainly through words, but people there sometimes feel too many words are unnecessary.Even within Northern Europe, cultural differences can cause serious problems. Certainly, English and German cultures
however, Germans prefer to get down to business more quickly. We think that they are rude. In fact, this is just because one culture starts discussions and makes decisions more quickly.People from different parts of the world have different values, and sometimes these values are quite against each other. However, if we can understand them better, a multicultural environment will offer a wonderful chance for us to learn from each other.小题1:In some countries, eating together at restaurants may make it easier for people to _____.A.develop closer relationsB.share the same cultureC.get to know each other D.keep each other company小题2:The author mentions his experience in Thailand to show that _________.A.the English prefer to make long speechesB.too many words are of no useC.people from Thailand are quiet and shy by natureD.even talk and silence can be culturally different小题3:According to the text, how can people from different cultures understand each other better?A.By sharing different ways of life.B.By accepting different habits.C.By recognizing different values.D.By speaking each other' s languages.小题4:What would be the best title for the text?A.Multicultural Environment.B.Cross-Cultural Differences.C.How to Understand Each Other.D.How to Build Up a Relationship.
It seems that all your friends’ names on MSN have added a little green “I’m” symbol overnight. If you ask what is going on, someone will tell you it’s a charity activity.Though this charity program has not yet officially begun for Chinese users, this little green symbol has proven popular among Chinese Windows Live Messenger users.Windows Live Messenger’s official blog announced on March 1 that Microsoft was beginning an “I’m” program in the United States. Every time someone starts a conversation using “I’m”, Microsoft shares a part of the program’s advertising income with nine organizations devoted to social causes. With every instant message a user sends, it helps deal with things one feels most interested in, including poverty, child protection, disease and worsening environment.One only has to add a certain code next to one’s name for the organization one would like to support. “*red’u” is for the American Red Cross, “*bgca” is for Boys & Girls Clubs of America and “*unicef” stands for the American branch of UNICEF.After a Chinese blogger named “hung” introduced this program on his blog on March 2, “I’m” entered the Internet in China with no actual support from Microsoft.Beijing-based Youth Weekend reported that famous IT blogger Keso regarded this program’s rapid spread as a successful virus marketing case. He thinks that the success of the “I’m” program is because it’s spread by users without being a bother to others. This answers why “I’m” has spread so rapidly across the Internet like a virus with almost no advertisement.However, Feng Jinhu from the press center for Microsoft China told Youth Weekend that the “I’m” project is only for Messenger users in the United States. Instant messages sent by Chinese users would not count.This has not affected Chinese Messenger users’ interest in the little green symbol. These users hope their instant messages will actually contribute to charitable organizations someday.小题1:What’s the main idea of the third paragraph?A.The detail information about the “I’m” program.B.Microsoft announced the beginning of the program.C.The main purpose of the program.D.How to take part in the program in China.小题2:What is the reason for the success of the “I’m” program according to Keso?A.It doesn’t bring other users trouble.B.It is popular with the poor people.C.It is supported by Microsoft.D.It is advertised through the Internet.小题3:The following descriptions about the “I’m” program are correct EXCEPT _________.A.it became popular in China in a short timeB.Microsoft will support the charity activity for freeC.US MSN users who take part in the “I’m” program contribute to charityD.it covers social problems such as poverty, child protection, etc.小题4:What should you do to take part in the “I’m” program?A.Send an email to Microsoft.B.Add a little green “I’m” symbol before your MSN name.C.Add the code of the organization you support next to your MSN name.D.Fill in an application form in advance.小题5:From the passage, we can come to a conclusion that _________.A.“I’m” is a computer virus that will not be easily removedB.Microsoft is active in advertising the program in ChinaC.modern technology is being used to raise money for charityD.Chinese MSN users have no interest in the program
The rise of multinational corporations (跨国公司), global marketing, new communications technologies, and shrinking cultural differences have led to an unparalleled increase in global public relations or PR.  Surprisingly, since modern PR was largely an American invention, America’s relations is being threatened by PR efforts in other countries. Ten years ago, for example, the world’s top five public relations agencies were American-owned. In 1991, only one was. The British in particular are becoming more sophisticated and creative. A recent survey found that more than half of all British companies include PR as part of their corporate (公司的) planning activities, compared to about one-third of U.S. companies. It may not be long before London replaces New York as the capital of PR.  Why is America lagging behind in the global PR race? First, Americans as a whole tend to be fairly provincial and take more of an interest in local affairs. Knowledge of world geography, for example, has never been strong in this country. Secondly, Americans lag behind their European and Asian counterparts (相对应的人) in knowing a second language. Less than 5 percent of Burson—Marshall’s U.S.employees know two languages. Ogilvy and Mather have about the same percentage. Conversely, some European firms have half or more of their employees fluent in a second language. Finally, people involved in PR abroad tend to keep a closer eye on international affairs. In the financial PR area, for instance, most Americans read the Wall Street Journal. Overseas, their counterparts read the Journal as well as the Financial Times of London and The Economist, publications not often read in this country.Perhaps the PR industry might take a lesson from Ted Turner of CNN (Cable News Network). Turner recently announced that the word “foreign” would no longer be used on CNN news broadcasts. According to Turner, global communications have made the nations of the world so interdependent that there is no longer any such thing as foreign.小题1:Compared with the American PR personnel, what is/are an advantage(s) of the non-Americans involved in PR? A. They tend to be more internationally minded B. They speak more and better foreign languages. C. They usually pay more attention to global financial situation. D. Both A and B.小题2:What is the immediate cause of the downfall of America’s public relations?A.The number of US public relations agencies had greatly decreased by 1991.B.Other countries have increased their efforts in public relations.C.On the global scale, cultural differences have significantly shrunk.D.The British companies are becoming especially sophisticated and creative in public relations.小题3:It could be inferred that the author of the passage is______.A.an AmericanB.a BritonC.Ted TurnerD.an Asian小题4:The underlined word “provincial” in paragraph 3 could possibly mean “&&&&&”.A.strict in thinkingB.like people from rural areasC.limited in outlook D.interested in geographical knowledge
Health insurance can be very expensive. Some working people do not make enough money to pay for it. In the US there is a program called Healthy Families. This program offers people health insurance at a low cost.Families are charged about ¥7.00 a month for every child, and ¥10.00 for every adult. It costs much less than any other kind of health insurance. Having health insurance is very important. With this insurance, people can see a doctor when they are sick or hurt. The program is not expensive at all, but many people are still not enrolling in it. People say that it still costs too much money. They need all of their money to pay for things like food and rent. It would be great if everyone could have health insurance. People are working hard to come up with ways to make this happen. One idea is to make the Healthy Families Program free for some people.It is important for people to see a doctor when they need to. The Healthy Families Program makes it possible for more people to do this. Many ideas are being considered. Hopefully some of them will allow even more families to get health insurance. The Healthy Families Program is made to help those who don’t have welfare (社会保障金) and cannot earn enough to pay for private health insurance. It is an important program, but officials say that too many people are signing up for it and then dropping out because of the Healthy Families Program’s cost. 小题1: The aim of the Healthy Families Program is to __________.A.help people earn more and pay for the programB.help more families get health insurance C.make it free for people to see a doctorD.help families pay for private health insurance小题2:If a couple has two children, how much would health insurance cost every month in the family?A.¥24.B.¥28.C.¥34.D.¥40.小题3:Why is it very important for people to have health insurance?A.They can afford to see a doctor when they need to.B.They can get special medical care.C.They can see a doctor free of charge.D.They can go to see a doctor as soon as possible.小题4:In the passage we can learn all of the following EXCEPT that __________.A.health insurance is very important for ordinary peopleB.the program is still too expensive for many peopleC.people should make more money to pay for private health insuranceD.many people don’t make enough money to pay for health insurance小题5:The passage is mainly about __________.A.health insurance at a low costB.the benefits of health insuranceC.the cost of health insuranceD.the Healthy Families Program
Speech—the act of uttering sounds to convey meaning—is a kind of human action. Like any other constantly repeated action, speaking has to be learned, but once it is learned, it becomes a generally unconscious and apparently automatic process. As far as we can determine, human beings do not need t most babies seem to possess a sort of instinctive drive to produce speech like noises. How to speak and what to say are another matter altogetner. There actions are learned from the particular society into wh so that, like all conduct that is learned from a society—from the people around us—speech is a patterned activity. The meandering(漫目无地的)babble(咿呀学语)and chatter of a young child are eventually channeled by imitation into a few orderly grooves that represent the pattern accepted as meaningful by the people around him. Similarly, a child’s indiscriminate(不加分辨的)practice of putting things into his mouth becomes limited to putting food into his mouth in a certain way. The sounds that a child can make are more varied and numerous than the sounds that any particular language uses. However, a child born into a society with a pattem of language is encouraged to make a small selection of sounds and to make these few sounds over and over until it is natural for him to make these sounds and not others.小题1:For an adult, the process of speaking usually involves&&&&&&&& .A.conscious selection of soundsB.imitation of those around himC.a drive to make noisesD.unconscious actions小题2:The selection says that most babies have an instinctive drive to&&&&&&& .A.express ideas in wordsB.make speech like noiseC.convey meaningD.imitate sounds around them小题3:Conduct that is learned from a society may be called&&&&& .A.instinctive driveB.selectionC.automatic activityD.patterned activity小题4:The sounds that a child is able to make are&&&&&&& .A.not as varied as those used in languageB.more varied and numerous than those in any languageC.far fewer than those needed to form a languageD.completely different from the sounds of language小题5:We may say that a child has learned to speak if he&&&&&& .A.makes varied soundsB.carefully considers each sound he makesC.makes only certain sounds naturallyD.imitates people around him
题型:完形填空
In&some&countries,people&eat&rice&every&day.36&they eat it two or three times a day,for breakfast, lunch and supper. They can&37&it, fry(煎)it or 38& it&into rice&noodles.They&usually&eat&it&39 meat,fish and vegetables.Some people do not eat some kind of&40. Muslins,for example,do not eat pork,and Hindus do not eat beef.The&Japanese&eat&a&lot&of&fish.Japan is&an&island and&its&41&go&all&over&the&&Pacific&looking for fish&to 42.The Japanese sometimes eat uncooked fish,and they also eat a lot of rice. In&43&such as Britain,Australia and the United States,the most important food is&44&or potatoes. People there usually make their bread from wheat flour. They&&45&potatoes in different ways. They can boil them,fry them and roast(烤)them. In Africa,maize(玉米)is the most important food.46&rice and wheat,maize is a kind of cereal(谷物). African people make the maize&47&flour. From this flour they make&48&kinds of bread and cakes.Many Africans are very&49&and they can’t afford to eat much 50&with their cereal. Cereals are a very important kind of food&51&we also need plenty of vegetables and lots of fresh 52. Some people eat 53&fruit and vegetables. They do not eat meat or fish or54& that comes from animals. They eat only food from&55. Some people say that food from plants is better for us than meat.小题1:A.SometimesB.SometimeC.Some timeD.Some times小题2:A.drinkB.eatC.haveD.boil小题3:A.makeB.turnC.changeD.eat小题4:A.asB.likeC.withD.together小题5:A.applesB.fishC.meatD.vegetables小题6:A.trainsB.planesC.fishing boatsD.life boats小题7:A.buyB.weighC.holdD.catcj小题8:A.the worldB.countriesC.the eastD.developing countries小题9:A.breadB.cakeC.flourD.vegetables小题10:A.cookB.eatC.makeD.take小题11:A.LikeB.AsC.BeingD.With小题12:A.ofB.fromC.intoD.up to小题13:A.the sameB.differentC.everyD.each小题14:A.richB.poorC.strongD.weak小题15:A.meatB.maizeC.flourD.bread小题16:A.soB.asC.becauseD.but小题17:A.riceB.cakesC.fruitD.potatoes小题18:A.not onlyB.onlyC.besidesD.except小题19:A.somethingB.anythingC.porkD.beef小题20:A.plantsB.applesC.pigsD.fish
The days of Europeans relaxing in the cafe with a newspaper and a seemingly endless cup of coffee appear to be numbered.A new English expression is popular in Europe these days:“coffee to go.” “Five or ten years ago it was much more normal to sit in a cafe for several hours than it is nowadays,”says Joann,who works in a central Berlin coffee bar owned by the Canadian coffee and bakery chain Tim’s.“There is a trend towards a more fast-paced life.But people still act surprised& when you ask if the coffee is‘to go’.You mean I can take it with me? they ask..”“Europe is often five or eight years behind trends in America,”says Joann.“In the States.‘coffee to go’is part of everyday life.”Owing in part to Starbucks,it appears to be very much part of everyday life in many other countries too.The Seattle-based group compete with a growing number of global chains in attempting to reshape coffee drinking cultures in regions including Asia and the Middle East.The US is the model for continental Europe’s new“coffee to go”culture:Each of the new cafe bars offers bagels,muffins,brownies and cookies to go with the coffee.But then,“coffee to go’’might sound a little odd to English ears used to the words “takeaway”or take one.It does sum up the brisker pace of life since the city resumed its status as the German capital following the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989.As one more sign of the changing times,one of Berlin’s most venerable(古老而庄重的)coffee houses,cafe Einstein,has followed the trend by opening a small chain of coffee shops across the city.Taking coffee,slowly and in decorous(端正的)surroundings,has been a feature of European coffee houses,particularly in German speaking countries,for decades.For the elderly citzens of Vienna it amounts to a ritual(仪式)when they gather in coffee houses around the city for a cup of their favovrite drink and a piece of rich,creamy cake.小题1:From the passage,we can see that&&&&& .A.“coffee to go” springs in Europe these daysB.Europe is often a few years before trends in AmericaC.America often follows Europe’s “coffee to go”cultureD.it’s easy to reshape coffee drinking cultures in the Middle East小题2:Every new cafe bar offers some&&&&&&& to go with the coffeeA.foodB.newspaperC.drinkD.music小题3:More and more Europeans have takeaway coffee because&&&&&&& .A.Europeans live a more fast-paced life nowB.The coffee is much cheaperC.Europeans are used to taking away the coffeeD.the coffee is easy to take away小题4:The characteristic of European coffee houses is&&&&&&& .A.“coffee to go ”as part of daily lifeB.sitting in a cafe bar for several hoursC.having coffee slowly in a pleasant atmosphereD.taking away coffee in a hurry
Since 1984, Philadelphia has been cleaning up its act. One by one, graffiti(涂鸦)-covered walls are being changed into outdoor art. So far, more than 1,800 murals (壁画) have been painted. Philadelphia now has more murals than any other American city.The walls that were once ugly with graffiti are now covered with beautiful pictures of historical heroes and modern art, thanks to the Mural Arts Program (MAP). Its work makes schools and public places attractive, and its citizens are very proud. The program began as part of Philadelphia's Anti-Graffiti Network. Jane Golden is the MAP's artistic director. "When people ask me what our program is about," she says, "I answer them with one word: hope." Each year, the MAP offers youth art programs and workshops. Some one-time graffiti writers even help paint MAP murals.The MAP's work, says Golden, is all about developing a sense of community (社区). When a neighborhood requests a mural, the MAP works with the people there to develop a message. Some messages have been "Safe Streets," "Love and Care," and "Peace Walk."The MAP receives up to 50 requests for murals each week. Last year, the workers painted 140 murals."The making of a mural enters people's collective memory as an extraordinary, pleasant moment in neighborhood history" says Golden, who began as a muralist in Los Angeles.小题1:What is the Mural Arts Program in Philadelphia aimed at?A.Helping the young find jobs.B.Protecting the neighborhood.C.Fighting against graffiti.D.Attracting more visitors.小题2:How does the MAP decide on the message for a mural?A.By having discussions with people in the community.B.By seeking advice from the city government.C.By learning from the young graffiti writers.D.By studying the history of the city.小题3: Which of the following words best describes the work of the MAP?A.Difficult.B.Dangerous.C.ExperimentalD.Successful.

我要回帖

更多关于 告知的意思 的文章