上传时间:
下载次数:13次
资料类型:模拟/摸底/预测
文档大小:152KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
湖南长沙市2016高考英语(二轮)阅读理解训练(41)及答案
【2016高考训练】阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。It’s good to make mistakes, and here is why.
First of all, mistakes are a clear sign that you are trying new things. It’s always good to try new things because when you are trying new things you are growing. If you never try anything new, how can you improve? How can you expand? The simple answer is “You can’t”. Look around you. With very few exceptions, either everything you see in your physical world or every single detail of every single thing is the result of someone trying something new.
Another good thing about mistakes is this: When you are making mistakes, you are learning. Consider this: Edison failed 10,000 times before he perfected the light bulb. When asked how it felt to fail that many times, he said that he hadn’t failed 10,000 times, but rather had learned 10,000 things that didn’t work.
Finally, when you make a mistake you are much closer to success. Why?
Because when all is said and done, you will have tried some number of things before you succeed. Every time you make a mistake you eliminate one of those things and are one step closer.
But this all doesn’t mean that you should go ahead without considering the consequences of a mistake. Quite the contrary, when you try something new you have to be willing to set some reasonable limits so that in the event that it doesn’t work out the way you want it to, you will be in a position to try again.
We all have limited resources in the form of time and money, so don’t blow them all on one approach to a problem. Realize that it probably won’t be perfect the first time and allocate (分配) these resources appropriately so you can learn, make corrections, and try it again. Only by accepting and using your mistakes in this way can you make significant advances in your business and your career.
There is an old saying that goes, “If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not trying hard enough.”
So go forth and make mistakes. And learn. And grow. And prosper (成功). 1. From the second paragraph, we can conclude that _______. A. mistakes are unnecessary for development
B. we are afraid of trying new things C. it’s common for people to make mistakes
D. mistakes are better than not trying 2. The underlined word “eliminate” means _______.
D. solve 3. According to the article, one thing you should pay attention to about making mistakes is _______ A. taking consequences into account
B. accepting the punishment willingly C. avoiding making the same mistakes
D. trying things out one by one 4. What would the writer probably suggest we say to ourselves when we make a mistake? A. Never mind, I can always try again.
B. I’d better stay out of trouble. C. Ok! Now I can learn something.
D. Look at this mess. Anyone would be upset.
参考答案1—4、DACA
阅读下列四篇短文,从每小题后所给的A,B,C或D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。
Wilderness
“In wilderness (荒野) is the preservation of the world. ” This is a famous saying from a writer regarded as one of the fathers of environmentalism. The frequency with which it is borrowed mirrors a heated debate on environmental protection: whether to place wilderness at the heart of what is to be preserved.
As John Sauven of Greenpeace UK points out, there is a strong appeal in images of the wild, more than anything else, they speak of the nature that many people value most dearly. The urge to leave the subject of such images untouched is strong, and the danger exploitation (开发) brings to such landscapes (景观) is real. Some of these wildernesses also perform functions that humans need—the rainforests, for example, store carbon in vast quantities. To Mr. Sauven, these “ecosystem services”far outweigh the gains from exploitation.
Lee Lane, a visiting fellow at the Hudson Institute, takes the opposing view. He acknowledges that wildernesses do provide useful services, such as water conservation. But that is not, he argues, a reason to avoid all human presence, or indeed commercial and industrial exploitation. There are ever more people on the Earth, and they reasonably and rightfully want to have better lives, rather than merely struggle for survival. While the ways of using resources have improved, there is still a growing need for raw materials, and some wildernesses contain them in abundance. If they can be tapped without reducing the services those wildernesses provide, the argument goes, there is no further reason not to do so. Being untouched is not, in itself, a characteristic worth valuing above all others.
I look forward to seeing these views taken further, and to their being challenged by the other participants. One challenge that suggests itself to me is that both cases need to take on the question of spiritual value a little more directly. And there is a practical question as to whether wildernesses can be exploited without harm.
This is a topic that calls for not only free expression of feelings, but also the guidance of reason. What position wilderness should enjoy in the preservation of the world obviously deserves much more serious thinking.
1. John Sauven holds that   . 
A. many people value nature too much
B. exploitation of wildernesses is harmful
C. wildernesses provide humans with necessities
D. the urge to develop the ecosystem services is strong
2. What is the main idea of Para. 3?
A. The exploitation is necessary for the poor people.
B. Wildernesses cannot guarantee better use of raw materials.
C. Useful services of wildernesses are not the reason for no exploitation.
D. All the characteristics concerning the exploitation should be treated equally.
3. What is the author’s attitude towards this debate?
A. Objective.    B. Disapproving.    C. Sceptical.    D. Optimistic.
4. Which of the following shows the structure of the passage?
 CP: Central Point   P: Point   Sp: Sub- point(次要点)  C: Conclusion
【参考答案】1—4、BCAD  
A new argument has been put forward as to whether penguins are disturbed by the presence of tourists in Antarctica.
Previous research by scientists from Keil University in Germany monitored Adelie penguins and noted that the birds’ heart rates increased dramatically at the sight of a human as far as 30 meters away. But new research using an artificial egg, which is equipped to measure heart rates, disputes this. Scientists from the Scott Polar Research Institute at Cambridge say that a slow moving human who does not approach the nest too closely, is not viewed as a threat by penguins.
The earlier findings have been used to partly explain the 20 per cent drop in populations of certain types of penguins near tourist sites. However, tour operators have continued to insist that their activities do not adversely affect wildlife in Antarctica, saying they encourage non-disruptive behavior in tourists, and that the decline in penguin numbers is caused by other factors.
Amanda Nimon of the Scott Polar Research Institute spent three southern hemisphere summers at Cuverville Island in Antarctica studying penguin behavior towards humans. “A nesting penguin will react very differently to a person rapidly and closely approaching the nest,” says Nimon. “First they exhibit large and prolonged heart rate changes and then they often flee the nest leaving it open for predators (掠夺者) to fly in and remove eggs or chicks.” The artificial egg, specially for the project, monitored both the parent who had been ‘disturbed’ when the egg was placed in the nest and the other parent as they both took it in turns to guard the nest.
However, Boris Culik, who monitored the Adelie penguins, believes that Nimon’s findings do not invalidate his own research. He points out that species behave differently – and Nimon’s work was with Gentoo penguins. Nimon and her colleagues believe that Culik’s research was methodologically flawed because the monitoring of penguins’ responses needed capturing and restraining the birds and fitting them with beart-rate transmitters. Therefore, argues Nimon, it would not be surprising if they became stressed on seeing a human subsequently.
1.  According to the passage, what overall message is presented?
A. No firm conclusions are drawn.
B. Neither Culik’s nor Nimon’s findings are of much value.
C. Penguin reduction is closed related to tourist behavior.
D. Tourists are not responsible for the fall in penguin numbers.
2.  Which ONE argument of the following is stated in the passage?
A. Penguins are harder to research when they have young.
B. Tour operators should encourage tourists to avoid Antarctica.
C. Not all penguins behave in the same way.
D. Penguins need better protection from tourists.
3.  What do you notice about the views presented in the passage?
A. They are groundless.
B. They are factual.
C. They are descriptive.
D. They are conflicting.
69.  What does the underlined word (final line) probably mean?
A. later on
C. separately
D. in the same place
【参考答案】1—4、ACDA  
2016高考训练题。阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。On occasion, a memory came to my mind. My mother had a nice table with a single vase standing on it. The table, as I remember, was always in my family and I had to clean it as a child as my weekly housework. It was such a beautiful table that my mother was proud to have it in her living room.
Our family moved around a lot because my father, a Spanish and Hawaiian guitar teacher, needed to find new students as the old learned and left. We were never without food, fancy clothes or a house to live in. but, as I grew older, I knew why.
My father would usually make enough money to buy us food and clothing, and deal with the doctor bills by paying out of his own pocket for a family of six. He was self-employed and had no medical coverage(医疗保险).
Through so many moves, my mother was the organizer of everything that needed to be done. Dad was away at around one o’clock each evening, so the major kid rearing(抚养), cooking and cleaning were all her work. I can also remember her sewing almost every night.
My mom didn’t take vacations. She didn’t go out to buy fancy clothes for herself, and what she did buy was for her four children. As children, we cared about almost nothing. We didn’t care about when the next money would come in. and, all through the years there sat a table with a vase on top.
I sat back now and then and stared at that table. It was a reminder of what love was shown by my mother, what she suffered over the years, and what she gave to us, so we could have what we needed. And, her only valuable possession was the table with the vase on top.
1. What did the author sometimes recall?
A. Having to clean the table weekly.
B. Putting a vase on the table weekly.
C. His mother’s vase lying on the table.
D. His mother’s table with a vase on it.
2. What can we learn about the author’s family?
A. He supported his family by teaching the guitar.
B. He hated his father always being out and too busy.
C. His family had no fixed home when he was young.
D. His family didn’t have enough food when he was young.
3. Which word can best describe the author’s mother?
A. Economical
C. Unusual
D. Generous
4. Which of the following questions is NOT discussed in the passage?
A. Who supported the author’s family
B. What does the author do at present?
C. What housework did the author’s mother do?
D. Why did the author’s family move so often?
参考答案1—4、DCAB
Guide to Stockholm University Library
Our library offers different types of studying places and provides a good studying environment.
The library is divided into different zones.The upper floor is a quiet zone with over a thousand places for silent reading,and places where you can sit and work with your own computer.The reading places consist mostly of tables and chairs.The ground floor is the zone where you can talk.Here you can find sofas and armchairs for group work.
You can use your own computer to connect to the Wi-Fi specially prepared for notebook computers;you can also use library computers,which contain the most commonly used applications,such as Microsoft Office.They are situated in the area known as the Experimental Field on the ground floor.
Group-study Places
If you want to discuss freely without disturbing others,you can book a study room or sit at a table on the ground floor.Some study rooms are for 2-3 people and others can hold up to 6-8 people.All rooms are marked on the library maps.
There are 40 group-study rooms that must be booked via the website.To book,you need an active University account and a valid University card.You can use a room three hours per day,nine hours at most per week.
Storage of Study Material
The library has lockers for students to store course literature.When you have obtained at least 40 credits(学分),you may rent a locker and pay 400 SEK for a year's rental period.
Rules to be Followed
Mobile phone conversations are not permitted anywhere in the library.Keep your phone on silent as if you were in a lecture and exit the library if you need to receive calls.
Please note that food and fruit are forbidden in the library,but you are allowed to have drinks and sweets with you.
1.The library's upper floor is mainly for students to________.
A.read in a quiet place
B.have group discussions
C.take comfortable seats
D.get their computers fixed
解析 细节理解题。根据Zones中第二句话The upper floor is a quiet zone with over a thousand places for silent reading可知选A。
2.What condition should be met to book a group-study room?
A.A group must consist of 8 people.
B.Three-hour use per day is the minimum.
C.One should first register at the university.
D.Applicants must mark the room on the map.
解析 细节理解题。根据Group-study Places中第二段可知选C。
.A student can rent a locker in the library if he________.
A.can afford the rental fee
B.attends certain courses
C.has nowhere to put his books
D.has earned the required credits
解析 细节理解题。根据Storage of Study Material中第二句可知选D。
.What should NOT be brought into the library?                   A.Mobile phones.
B.Orange juice.
D.Sandwiches.
解析 推理判断题。根据Rules to be Followed中mobile phones,drinks and sweets可带入图书馆,排除A、B和C,选D。
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
2013高考英语阅读理解训练6教师版.doc 25页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可全文免费在线阅读后下载本文档。
下载提示
1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
需要金币:10 &&
2013高考英语阅读理解训练6教师版.doc
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
2013高考英语(阅读理解)训练(6)(教师版)
第三部分:阅读理解(共两节,40分)
第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,共30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
The Basics of Math—Made Clear
Basic Math introduces students to the basic concepts of mathematics, as well as the fundamentals of more tricky areas. These 30 fantastic lectures are designed to provide students with an understanding of arithmetic and to prepare them for Algebra(代数) and beyond.
The lessons in Basic Math cover every basic aspect of arithmetic. They also look into exponents(指数), the order of operations, and square roots. In addition to learning how to perform various mathematical operations, students discover why these operations work, how a particular mathematical topic relates to other branches of mathematics, and how these operations can be used practically.
Basic Math starts from the relatively easier concepts and gradually moves on to the more troublesome ones, so as to allow for steady and sure understanding of the material by students. The lectures offer students the chance to 搈ake sense?of mathematical knowledge that may have seemed so frightening. They also help students prepare for college mathematics and overcome their anxiety about this amazing梐nd completely understandable梖ield of study.
By the conclusion of the course, students will have improved their understanding of basic math. They will be able to clear away the mystery(神秘性) of mathematics and face their studies with more confidence than they ever imagined. In addition, they will strengthen their ability to accept new and exciting mathematical challenges.
Professor H. Siegel, honored by Kentucky Educational Television as 搕he best math teacher in America,?is a devoted teacher and has a gift for explaining mathematical concepts in ways that make them seem clear and obvious. From the basic concrete ideas to the more abstract problems, he is master in making math lectures learner-friendlier and less scary.
With a PhD in Mathematics Edu
正在加载中,请稍后...This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our .
Can i relax or do I need to test further?
Hello Doctors.&&I think I'm in danger of becoming a serial tester.&&My exposure was mutual masturbation and unprotected oral sex (3 times) on a male friend of mine. From what I know about him, he's straight, I believe (he's married), not done drugs etc, but of course you can never be sure (so that concern creeps in).&&Initially i wasn't overly concerned as I know him, but the anxiety has gotten to me and I have had the following testing:
4 weeks - HIV duo/syphilis/gon/clam - negative
6 weeks - gon/clam-&&negative
7 weeks - HIV duo/Hep B - negative
9 weeks - syphilis - negative
Do I need anymore testing?&& How reliable and accurate are the tests - just worried they will miss something - I'm worrying myself about false negatives now instead of believing my tests.
I'm tired of waking up each morning and scaring myself about every little symptom I get or may get if the tests missed anything?&&Syphilis/Hep B/HIV seem to be concerning me as my tests were not done at the 3 month mark and now wondering if I should get testing again.
Have done loads of reading on this forum and I know you'll say I was low risk but as you may tell, my anxiety makes me doubt what I read and my mind starts to play tricks on me.
I have so learnt my lesson and would like to move on with confidence
Discussion is closed
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the Forum.&&Your own personal insights into your situation are a great step towards answering your questions.&&Let's take the long view first - why should your risk be low, even before testing.&&There are 3 reasons: your partner was relatively low risk ( at least, assuming your characterization of him as a married, non-drug using heterosexual is correct and I suspect it is), you new him and thus probably have a fair assessment of his trustworthiness, and finally, your exposures were virtually no risk - STDs are no spread through mutual masturbation and condom protected sex is safe sex.&&
Now. let's add to this a bit of epidemiology.&&Relatively few STDs are spread through oral sex even without condoms and both syphilis, hepatitis B and HIV are particularly rare among heterosexuals in the U.S.&&In your case you used highly effective prevention – condoms to virtually eliminate risk
Finally having laid out all the reasons why there was little reason for concern before testing, let's add the fact that you have multiple negative tests when the vast majority of these STDs, including HIV, hepatitis B and syphilis would have yielded positive tests and we can be very confident that you did not get any of these STDs from the exposures you describe. The time has come to put your concerns aside and to believe your tests.&&You did not get an STD from the exposures you describe and there is no reason for further testing.&&To do so is a waste of time, money and will only serve to fuel your anxiety.&&You're in the clear. Take care.&&EWH
Discussion is closed
Thank you Dr Hook.&&This has helped me very much.&&I did try to refrain from posting but it's always reassuring to have your own personal assessment done.
However there was no condom protected sex.&&My involvement with this man was unprotected oral and mutual masturbation.&&I assume this doesn't change your thinking?&&
It's the oral side that's bothering me (and i've read your stats over and over again to try and reassure me).&&So the 3 month window doesn't really apply?&&If you're happy with a negative 7 week HIV duo and 9 week syphilis I'll happily move on.
Discussion is closed
I am in the UK and yes you are correct, further testing would fuel my anxiety.
Discussion is closed
Sorry for my misunderstanding.&&That said, the 3 month window still absolutely applies.&&You do not need further testing.&&EWH
Discussion is closed
that's ok, I'm not surprised as it can get a bit confusing with all the posts.
Would your original answer still apply as you were under the impression I was using a condom for oral?&&It's the oral exposure which is concerning me.&&Basically just want to know that &i'm in the clear& - can i have a reassuring paragraph please!
Doctor you said &That said, the 3 month window still absolutely applies& - to me that sounds as if the 3 month applies and I should be testing again unless I've interpreted your statement incorrectly.
Discussion is closed
Your last paragraph was very reassuring, would it still apply now you know my exposure was mm and unprotected oral?&&I really would like to wake up in the mornings without that horrible sinking feeling.
I know you don't do counselling on this site but just a few reassuring words do go a long way.&&Thank you
Discussion is closed
Yes, you told me of your exposures in your original post and our answers are directed and influenced by the information you have provided.&&You do not need further testing, you need to move on with your life.&&That ends this thread.&&EWH
Discussion is closed
Discussion is closed
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV &Triad& and other early symptoms of this disease.
Communities
MedHelp International.
All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of .

我要回帖

更多关于 there is a reason 的文章

随机推荐