Artboard 6
Artboard 6 Copy
Artboard 6 Copy 4
Artboard 6 Copy 6
Artboard 6 Copy 8
Created with Sketch.
Why Spider-Man Joining the MCU Is Bad for Black Panther
There's a downside to everything.
There’s certainly good reason to get excited for the news that Spider-Man will be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but there’s at least one hero who probably isn’t so ecstatic: Black Panther. The African superhero will be getting his own movie from Marvel Studios, plus it was revealed that he will play an integral part in the upcoming Captain America: Civil War. However, with Spider-Man now needing to establish himself in the MCU, it’s not hard to see why it may come at the expense of Black Panther.
A lot of this is speculation based on the limited details we know about the future of Marvel’s movies, but it’s still enough to paint a worrisome picture. Last year when Marvel’s Phase 3 schedule was announced, we saw Black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman brought on stage to pose with Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. to tease their involvement in Civil War. This was a pleasant surprise seeing how Black Panther does not have a significant role in the Civil W it showed that Marvel was eager to elevate the character to another level in their cinematic universe. But now with Spider-Man in the mix, it’s hard to imagine they aren’t going to change their plans to put him in the spotlight instead. In the Civil War comic (this is your spoiler warning for Spidey's big twist!), Spider-Man was the heart and soul of the story. Spider-Man started out on Iron Man’s Pro-Registration side, which sought to have all heroes reveal their secret identities and register with the government. The most shocking moment of the entire story came when Spider-Man unmasked himself on live TV in a show of support to Iron Man’s agenda. Soon after, Spider-Man realized he was on the wrong side, so he joined Captain America’s underground Anti-Registration resistance force. The story might have been promoted as Iron Man vs. Captain America, but it was Spidey who acted as the everyman (everyhero?) that the audience could most relate to. Before the news that Spider-Man was going to join the MCU, it was assumed by many that Black Panther would be playing the role of Spider-Man. Obviously the story would have been much different for a number of reasons -- there’s no secret identities in the MCU, Black Panther is Wakandan King T'Challa and not everyman Peter Parker, etc. -- but ultimately it would have endeared the audience to Black Panther, and that’s on top of making them hold the character in high regard for being in league with Iron Man and Captain America. It’s easy to assume that establishing Spider-Man is the new top priority for Marvel Studios, and to do that, it looks like the only option will be to downplay Black Panther in order to put a bigger spotlight on Spider-Man. That’s a bit of guesswork on my part, but it’s not too far-fetched. There’s billions of dollars to be made from the Sony/Marvel deal, so they’ve got every reason to make Spider-Man’s debut the best it can be. This is bad for Black Panther, a character many comic readers thought would never get a movie in the first place. Spider-Man is arguably Marvel’s most popular character, whereas Black Panther is generally only known to fans of the comics. Sure he’s been in a few cartoons and video games, but he’s nowhere near the popularity of Spider-Man. Civil War could give him the boost he needs to be more mainstream, but now it’s hard to imagine he will get it. He could still have a role to play in the movie, but will it be as prominent as it was before the Spidey deal? This all goes back to my
where I talked about why it’s a good thing that Marvel Studios doesn’t have the rights to make X-Men or Spider-Man movies. Because they can’t use their most popular characters, they are forced to dive into their library and make something out of their lesser known heroes a la Guardians of the Galaxy. It looked like Black Panther was going to get his due, but now there’s the feeling that Spider-Man will take up the screen time, money, and resources that were going to propel Black Panther into the limelight. Don't get me wrong, I am stoked to see Spider-Man brought into the MCU. It will mean we can put the disappointing Amazing Spider-Man movies behind us and start looking forward to a new franchise guided by Marvel Studios, who so far have a great track record. They generally handle their properties well by planning ahead, making smart decisions about their adaptations, and honoring the source material where it counts -- it’s what got them this far, after all. All of that considered, it might seem crazy to doubt they will drop the ball with Black Panther. After all, he is is still getting his own solo movie and it looks like there'll be a lot of setup for him in Avengers: Age of Ultron, so it's not like Marvel is suddenly ignoring him completely or anything like that. But the inevitable shift of priorities away from Black Panther comes at a bad time for the character -- the time when the general public is just about to be introduced to him. The Spidey deal wouldn’t be as big an issue if Black Panther had already made his cinematic debut, but as it stands, Marvel is still in the planning stages. Right now, excising Black Panther to replace him with Spider-Man is as easy as revising a script. It’s vital that Black Panther be a success for a variety of reasons. He’s going to be Marvel Studios’ first black superhero to get his own solo film, providing a long overdue touch of diversity. He’s an international character with a political element to his dealings. He has a mystic power set, which on top of Doctor Strange will provide another flavor of superpower that’s different from smashing things with a shield, hammer, or big green fist. And he’s a wealthy man who dresses up in a black costume with pointy ears, essentially making him Marvel’s Batman. There’s so few who get why Black Panther is such a cool character, and now it’s up in the air as to whether the masses will truly ever learn.
Joshua is IGN’s Comics Editor. If Game of Thrones, Spider-Man, or Super Smash Bros. are frequently used words in your vocabulary, you’ll want to follow him on Twitter and IGN.
IGN Recommends【图文】unit1 why are you so happy lesson 1_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
unit1 why are you so happy lesson 1
上传于|0|0|暂无简介
大小:3.65MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
是why you are so cool还是 why are you so cool
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
疑问句时用why are you陈述时用why you are ;举个例子:你为什么这么酷:Why are you so cool?我想知道为什么你这么酷:I want to know why you are so cool.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码-Why are you so 1ate? I have waited for more than an hour. - “ I got up 1ate and missed the bus——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
-Why are you so 1ate? I have waited for more than an hour. - “ I got up 1ate and missed the bus. A. I’m terribly sorry B. That’s all right C. Don't worry D. It’s nothing 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
—Why are you so happy today? —Because I
to London with my parents tomorrow. A. fly B. am flyingC. have flownD. flew 
A wise man used to go to the ocean to do his writing.He had a habit of walking on the beach every morning.One day, when he was walking along the shore(海岸), he saw a young man moving like adancer. He smiled to himself at the thought thatsomeone would dance on the beach. So he began to walk faster to catch up.As he got closer, he saw that the young man wasn’tdancing, but instead he was reaching down to the shore, picking up somethingand very gently throwing it into the ocean.He called out, “Good morning! What are you doing?” Theyoung man stopped, looked up and replied, “Throwing starfish in the ocean.” “Iguess I should have asked, why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?”“The sun is up and the tide(潮汐)is going out. And if I don’t throw them in, they’lldie.”“But, young man, don’t you realize that there aremiles and miles of beach and starfish all along it. You can’t possibly make adifference!”The young man listened politely. Then he bent down,picked another starfish, and threw it into the sea, and said, “It made adifference for that one.”There is something very special in each and every oneof us. We have all been gifted(赋予)with the ability to make a difference.We must each find our starfish. And if we throwstarfish wisely and well, the world will be better.1.What was the wise man used to doing every morning?A.Taking a walkon the shore.B.Watching theyoung man dance.C.Meeting upwith the young man.D.Helping theyoung man pick up starfish.2.Why did the young man throw the starfish into theocean?A.To have fun. B.To studystarfish.C.To feed somefish.D.To savestarfish.3.What can we learn from the story?A.Each of usshould learn to protect starfish.B.People livingon the shore always try to save starfish.C.Each of ushas the ability to make an important effect on something.D.People cancome up with some good ideas when walking on the shore.&
&A)读句子,根据所给汉语提示写出单词1. Look, Mum! All the boxes in the room arefilled with &&&&&&(蔬菜).2. Many people died in &&&&&&(自然的)disasters every year.3. Reading English aloud every day will ofcourse help you to improve your &&&&&&(发音). 4. The have planted about five &&&&&&(千)trees in and around thetown in the past few years.& 5. Many roads are being improved to meet the coming &&&&&&(国际的)Marathon in Lanzhou. B)根据句义,用括号内所给词的适当形式填空。1. Lucy usually enjoys &&&&&&(she)in front of the mirror before leaving home.2. “Why are you late for school again?” said his teacher &&&&&&(angry).3. My uncle lives on the &&&&&&(twelve)floor of the building.4. We all received an &&&&&&(invite)to her wedding.5. You can go &&&&&&(cross)the street when the traffic lights turn green.C)用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空1. All of you are very busy &&&&&&(get)for this exam, aren't you?2. You had better &&&&&&(not hurry). There is still enough time to go.3. The student &&&&&&(name)Wang Lin is my example in English learning.4. If you are really tired, you can stop &&&&&&(have)a rest for 10 minutes.5. When I got home, my pet dog &&&&&&(lie)on the floor, dead.&
One day an old man is selling abig elephant. A young man comes to the elephant and begins to look at itslowly. The old man goes up to him and says in his ear, “ Don’t say anything about the elephantbefore I sell it. Then I will give you twenty dollars.”“All right,”says the young man. After the old man sells the elephant, he gives the young mantwenty dollars and says, “ Now, can you tell me how youfound the elephant’s bad ears?” “ I didn’tfind the bad ears,” says the young man. “ Then why are you looking at the elephant slowly?” asks the old man. The young man answers, “Because I have never seen an elephant before, and I want toknow what it looks like.”(&& )1. ______ theelephant.&&& A. The youngman sells&&&&& B. The old man sells&&& C. The two mensell&&&&&&&& D. The old man buys(&& )2. The young manis looking at the elephant slowly. He wants to find out _______.&&& A. which footof the elephant is bad&&& B. how heavy it is&&& C. which earof the elephant is bad&&&& D. what it looks like(&& )3. The young man_______.&&& A. knows theelephant has bad ears&& B. wants to buy the elephant&&&& C. looksafter the elephant& &&D. gets some money from the old man& (&& )4. Theyoung man _______.&&& A. is not interested inelephants&&& B. knows whatan elephant looks like&&& C. has seensome elephants before&&& D. has neverseen an elephant before(& )5. Hearing what theyoung man said, the old man will probably(可能) be ______A.angry&&&&& B. happy&&&&& C.dangerous&&&& D. hungry&
One evening Charlie was on his way home from therailway station. When he turned round a corner, he heard footsteps behind himand he thought someone was coming near. He began to walk fast. The footstepscame fast, too. He slowed down. The footsteps also slowed down. Now he was surethat someone must be going after him. He tried to hide. Still the stepsfollowed him. He didn't know how to save himself, so he jumped over some tallgrass and hid himself in a cemetery(墓地). He threwhimself down on one of tombs(坟墓).The man behind came near. Charlie could hear the manjump over the grass. Thoughts of thieves and robbers filled his mind. Charliestood up and faced the man. &What do you want? Why are you coming afterme?& He asked. &I say,& the stranger asked, &do youalways go home like this, or are you taking some special exercise tonight? Iwant to go to Mr. Green's and don't know the way. The station master told me tofollow you as you live next door. Excuse me for asking, but is there muchfarther to go before we get there?& 1.That day Charlie was ____.A. leaving the station for acemetery&&& &&&&&&&&&& B.walking slowly along the streetC. on his way to Mr. Green's house&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. on hisway back home2.Whenhe found someone following him, Charlie ____.A. was too frightened tomove&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& B.stopped to ask the man whyC. hid himself in acemetery&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D.knew clearly what to do3.Charlie went into a cemetery because he ____.A. tried to get rid of the strangerB. got tired after a day's walkC. walked too fast and lostD. wanted to hide his things there4.Whenthe stranger followed him into the cemetery, Charlie thought ____.A. the stranger would ask him the wayB. the stranger would come to stay with himC. he was in danger of losing his money or even hislifeD. he could be asked about Mr. Green5.The stranger followed Charlie because ____.A. he wanted to kill Charlie.&&&&&& B. he wanted to steal things.C. he wanted to go to Charlie's place. D. he wanted to go to Mr. Green's and he didn't knowthe way there.&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 why are you so cute 的文章

随机推荐