you can stayhow was your stayfeelings

赞助商链接
当前位置: >>
苏州市2014年中考英语模拟试题(六)含答案
苏州市 2014 年中考英语模拟试题(六)(时间:100 分钟(总分:100 分)一、单项选择(本题共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 15 分) )1. -Have you ever been to _______ West Park? -Yes, it's good place with lots of flowers and grass. A. the'; a ( hearts to you. A. but ( B. and C. or D. so )3. -How can I get a better score-in the examination? -Try to do the exercises _______ and make _______ mistakes. A. fewer C. less. ( B. fewer D. less B. /; a C. the D. / )2. Find ways to praise your children often, _______ you'll find they will open their)4. -Tom, can I use your English dictionary? -Sure. But you _______ return it before the class. A. can B. may C. must D. would()5. -When will you come to help me with my computer next week? - _______ day is possible. It's no problem with me. A. Either B. Neither C. Every D. Any()6. -Look at the sign over there. -Oh, parking _______ here. We had better move the car. A. doesn't allow B. isn't allowed B. across C. didn't allow C. against D. wasn't allowed D. during( ()7. It's hard-for' a small boat to run _______ the wind. A. through )8. -Do you know _______ Mr Li left our town? -I'm not sure. I only remember it was a Saturday. A. when B. how C. why D. whether()9. -Lily got a nice bike. Do you know _______? -Yes. She told me her aunt bought her as a birthday present. A. how much did it cost C. who bought it for her B. how much-it cost D. where did she buy it()10. -Jack, haven't you forgotten anything?1 -Oh, yes _______ my umbrella. Thank you. A. Taking ( B. Took C. Take D. To take )11. -You haven't been to the Great Wall, have you? - _______. How I wish I could visit the Great Wall again. A. Yes, I do ( B. No, I don't C. Yes, I have D. No, I haven't )12. Joe has caused so -many problems and his parents can't _______ good ways to solve his trouble any more. A. come up with ( B. catch up with C. work out D. write down )13. -Bob has gone to California. -Oh, can you tell me when he _______? A. has left ( B. left C. is leaving D. would leave )14.-1s your home close to the school, John? -No, it's a long way, but I am _______ late for school because I get up early every day. A. always ( B. usually C. sometimes D. never )15. -I'm sorry I didn't make it to your party last night. - _______. I know you're busy these days. A. Of course B. No kidding C. That's all right D. Don't mention it 二、完形填空 (本大题共 10 分,每小题 1 分) Mental health is about the way you think and feel and your ability to deal with ups and downs. Even though you are mentally healthy, it doesn’t health problem. Mental health is everyone’s business. We all have times when we feel down or Most of the time those feelings pass, environment changes and as you move Here are four practical 20 18 19 17 . sometimes they develop into a more serious different stages(阶段) of your life. 21 them. 16 that you don’t have a mentalproblem. It seems that our mental health doesn’t always stay the same. It can change as the to look after your mental health. Making simple changesto how you live doesn’t cost much or take up lots of time. Anyone can 22 , but part of your ability to do what you can to stay healthy. 23●Talk about your feelings. It can help you stay in good mental health. It isn’t a sign of ●Eat well. What you eat and how you feel are effect on your mental health. ●Keep in touch. Friends and family members can offer you keep active and solve practical problems.2connected. A proper diet can have a good 24 suggestions which may help ●Take a break. It could be a weekend 16. A. agree 17. A. excited 18. A. but 19. A. away 20. A. answers 21. A. follow 22. A. weakness 23. A. easily 24. A. difficult 25. A. protecting B. mean B. satisfied B. and B. inside B. replies B. find B. laziness B. closely B. terrible B. exploring25new places to enjoy the nature, or even a D. notice D. stressed D. as D. against D. chances D. count D. richness D. hardly D. various D. imaginingten-minute break from doing your homework. A few minutes can be enough to relax you. C. doubt C. surprised C. so C. through C. ways C. advise C . happiness C. equally C. strange C. providing A三、阅读理解(本题共 15 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 30 分)( ( ()26. When did Oscar probably get hurt? A. May 25. A. His neck. B. May 27. B. His back. C. May'28 C. His eyes.3D. May 29. D. His legs.)27. What part of Oscar's body'got hurt? )28.-Who may go to the hospital to visit Oscar? A. Katherine.B. Peter.C. Irene. BD. Neil.Last month, Yang Xuelan, 18, was preparing for the college entrance examination, just like every Senior 3 student. However, a-terrible' earthquake hit her hometown, Ya'an, Sichuan on April 20. Yang ran to the playground. She was safe. But all her study materials were buried(被埋) in the classroom A university in Chengdu lent a helping hand. Now Yang and her classmates are studying there. The earthquake killed at least 196 people and injured more than 12,000. Soldiers and experts arrived at the quake zone(震区) immediately. They helped rescue people and rebuild homes. Tens of thousands of people have donated money and materials to help. There is little we can do to stop natural disasters such as earthquakes from happening. But we can try to make ourselves better prepared for these disasters. Japan is considered to be one of the best countries at dealing with earthquakes. From a young age, the Japanese are taught how to keep safe in earthquakes. Schools in Japan often take earthquake drills(演练). Almost every Japanese family has a survival kit(救生包), which has a flashlight, a radio, water and enough food for several days, This helps people to stay alive after an earthquake. What can we do when an earthquake happens? Some methods can reduce the harm it causes. The American Red Cross introduced the &Drop, Cover & Hold on& method. ? Drop down onto your hands and knees. This position protects you from falling. ? Cover your head and neck under a strong table or desk. If there is no shelter nearby, you can also stay along a wall, and cover your head and neck with your arms and hands. ? Hold on to your shelter until the shaking stops. Be prepared to move with your shelter if the shaking shifts it around. ( )29. We can tell from the first two paragraphs that _______. A. an earthquake hit Yang's hometown B. Yang hasn't been to school after the quake C. the earthquake made Yang a college student D. Yang and her classmates were buried in the classroom ( )30. Why are Yang and her classmates studying at a university in Chengdu at present? A. Because they have got a chance to go to college, B. Because they got help from soldiers and experts.4 C. Because they don't want to study in their school any more. D. Because their school buildings were destroyed by the earthquake. ( )31. What did soldiers and experts mainly do in the quake zone? A. They built classrooms for students. B. They donated a lot of money and materials. C. They helped save people and rebuild their homes. D. They tried to prevent more earthquakes from happening. ( )32. Which of the following should you do when an earthquake happens? A. Stay there and don't move. B. Stand straight on a table or desk. C. Drop down onto your hands and knees. D. Lie down on the ground and face the ceiling. C Perhaps the most famous name in the world of silent movies is Charlie Chaplin. It was in 1889 that both moving pictures and Charlie Chaplin were born: Sadly, Charlie's father died when Charlie was five, and his mother was sent to a mental(精神的) hospital. This left young Charlie homeless and living on the streets. Things seemed bad for Charlie, but he had a' bright, nice character. He was pleasant and easy to like. So he managed to get small parts in performances around London. Then, he moved to the USA in 1906, and his life took a major change for the better. He got a part in a show performing there, Seven years after his arrival in the USA, he got his first major part in a film. Charlie was a great success in the movie theaters. His silent, highly visual(视觉的) form of comedy was perfect for the silent films of the time. By 1915, he was making over $1,250 a week, which was a huge amount of money at that time. Charlie knew what he was good at, and he stuck to it. Even when sound could be used for movies in 1923, he continued to make silent pictures. Charlie knew that the silence was an essential part of what made his movies so funny. Charlie continued to make silent films well into the 1940s, when almost everyone else had changed to sound. Charlie, however, still remained one of the world's greatest film stars. ( ( )33. When did Charlie get his first major part in a film? A. In 1889. B. In 1906. C. In 1913.5D. In 1923.)34. The underlined word &essential& in Paragraph 2 probably means _______. A. very boring (B. very correctC. very difficultD. very important)35. From the passage we know that Charlie _______. A. was easy to get along with B. stopped making movies in 1923 C. was born and brought up in America D. didn't produce silent films in America()36. Which could be the best title of the passage? A. A Great Man of Silent Movies. B. The Major Change for an Actor. C. The Beginning of Silent Movies. D. The Hard Life for a Movie Maker. D Thousands of years ago, people didn't know that the earth moved. They thought the sunreally moved across the sky, The Greek God Helios was said to drive the sun around the sky with his chariot(战车). But now, these ideas have all changed. Nowadays, it is the sun that drives our &chariot& around the sky. So what does all this mean? Well, quite simply, there is now a plane(or &chariot&) that is powered by the sun. It has special parts in its wings. These parts absorb power from the sun. They absorb so much power that they can carry on flying at night. In the Greek myths, Helios had to take a break at night. It seems we're finally even more efficient(效率高) than the gods themselves. This plane is called Solar Impulse(太阳驱动号). It will fly across the US in May. This is very important for the future of the world. So why is solar energy so good for us? Well, other kinds of energy cause a few problems. If you live in China, you've probably noticed the pollution. This is caused by burning coal or gas to make energy. The heat and chemicals(化学制品) from this make things work. But if we use the heat from the sun, we don't have to burn anything, and there's- no pollution.. Solar energy is not all there yet. It needs to be improved. But the best thing about it is that, unlike coal and gas, it doesn't run out. Solar Impulse could keep flying forever. Well, actually, the sun will run out too, one day, but not for another 5 billion years. That's a pretty long flight. ( ( )37. What does &chariot& really refer to(指的是) in the last sentence of Paragraph l? A. The earth. B. The Greek God.6C. The plane.D. Birds.)38. Which of the following is TRUE about Solar Impulse? A. It can only fly at night. C. It has already flown across the US. ( A. Overpopulation. C. Using solar energy. ( A. Solar Impulse moves very slowly.B. It is powered by the sun. D. It needs gas to work. B. Heavy traffic. D. Burning coal or gas.)39. In the passage, what is mentioned as' the cause of pollution in China?)40. What does the writer mean by &That's a pretty Long flight&? B. Solar Impulse will be in use for a very long time. C. It takes a lot of time to get Solar Impulse going. D. Solar Impulse has a long way to go to take the place of the sun.四、词汇检测(共 10 小题:每小题 1 分,满分 10 分) 41.Some fish can grow to a 42. Yesterday in town I saw the 43. Your teacher thought you had 44. (长度)of four feet. (丑陋的)baby I've ever seen in my life. (放弃)physics. (在…期间)the weekend. (工作) .(幸运的是) ,they got there before the heavy rain.45. The programme will be shown on television 47. Your duties46. The new factory is expected to create more than 400 new 48. - Do you know how much the ring is -I have no idea, but I think you can afford it. 49. - Have you heard of Edison? -Of course, he devoted all his effort to 50.-What made John so worried? his wallet on the bus this morning. 五、句子翻译(共 5 小题;每小题 3 分,满分 15 分) 51.应该更多关注青少年问题。 new things. ?(包括)typing letters and answering the telephone,_____________________________________________________________________________ 52.在业余时间学这么多课程很累人。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 53.看!孩子们足球踢得多高兴啊! _____________________________________________________________________________ 54.这两幅油画我买了三年多了。 _____________________________________________________________________________7 55.如果有人嘲笑你,你会怎么办? _____________________________________________________________________________ 六、书面表达(满分 20 分) 假设你(Timmy)苏州的朋友 David 本周末将要来南通拜访你,请你写一封电子邮件告 诉他南通这两天及周末的天气状况,以便他有所准备,在南通度过一个愉快的周末。 要求:格式完整,包含所有要点,可适当发挥;词数 80 左右。 要点:1.南通这几天天气不太好,气温低,风很大,雾霾天气将持续到周五; 2.周末将会是晴天,气温升高,保持在 10 度以上。午间最高温度 17 度; 3.推荐南通游玩的地方(雾霾天气:the haze weather)。 _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________8 参考答案一. ABBCD BCACD CABDC 二.BDACC A ABDB 三.ABDAD CCCDA ACBDB 四.41.1ength 42.ugliest 43.dropped 44.Luckily 45.during 46.Jogs 47.include 48.worth 49.inventing 50.Losing 五.句子翻译 51.Teenage problems should be paid more attention to. 52.It’s tiring to learn so many courses in spare time. 53.Look! How happily the children are playing football! 54.I have had the two paintings for more than 3years. 55.What will you do if someone laugh at you? 六.Dear David, Welcome to Nantong this weekend. I am so excited that you will come to spend the weekend with me in Nantong. We don't have fine weather these days. It is a bit cold and the wind is blowing hard. The haze weather will continue until Friday. Luckily, the weather will change to be better this weekend. It will be sunny. The temperature will stay above 10℃ and at noon it will rise up to 17℃ . We will be happy to climb the Wolf Hill and visit Nantong Museum in such fine weather. I am looking forward to seeing you. Wish you a happy weekend. Yours, Timmy9
赞助商链接
【牛津版】苏州市2014年中考英语模拟试题及答案_中考_初中教育_教育专区。2014中考英语试题和答案 苏州高新区 2014 届初中毕业暨升学考试模拟试卷(一模) 英 语 ...2014年江苏省苏州市中考英语试题及答案 - 2014 年苏州市初中毕业暨升学考试试卷 英语 注意事项 1. 本试卷共六大题,满分 100 分(不含听力口语 30 分),考试用...苏州市2014年中考英语模拟试题及答案(高新区一模)_中考_初中教育_教育专区。京翰...▲六、书面表达(共 1 小题;满分 20 分) 英语中有一句谚语:Failure is the...江苏省苏州市2014年中考英语试题(word版,含答案)_中考_初中教育_教育专区。2014...2014 年苏州市初中毕业暨升学考试试卷 英语注意事项 ( 1) 本试卷共六大题,...苏州市2016年中考英语模拟试卷(6)及答案_英语_初中教育_教育专区。2016 年苏州市中考英语模拟试卷(6) 一、单项填空(共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 15 分) ...苏州市2014年中考英语模拟试题(三)含答案_中考_初中教育_教育专区。苏州市2014年...( )6. Which of the following is NOT mentioned about the training of ...江苏省苏州市2016年中考英语模拟试卷(1)含答案_初三英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。2016 年苏州市中考英语模拟试卷(1) 一、单项选择(共 15 小题;每小题 1 分...苏州市2014年中考英语模拟试题(二)含答案_中考_初中教育_教育专区。苏州市 2014...the other ( ) 6. -Steve is good at writing short stories. -Yes, he ...苏州市2016年中考英语试题含答案(word版) - 识才教育 2016 年苏州市初中毕业暨升学考试试卷 英语 第一部分 单项填空 1. Edward and William are bro...江苏省苏州市2015届九年级中考英语模拟试卷(八)含答案...6 参考答案一、1 一 5 BCBDA 6―10 BDACC 11...学而思初中数学课程规划 2014年学而思杯英语详解 学而思...
All rights reserved Powered by
www.tceic.com
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。Feelings Vs. Emotions
我的图书馆
Feelings Vs. Emotions
Feelings Vs. Emotions
Emotions and feelings, though a risky territory, make life beautiful and meaningful. They are like the essence of living. Can you imagine a life without emotions or feelings? I definitely can't! We explore the differences between the two in this Buzzle post.
Advertisement
On a lighter note...
Do you know the most basic difference between emotions and feelings? Emotion is a noun, whereas feeling is a verb. You feel your emotions, but you may not necessarily emote your feelings.
Someone once said to me "You do show your emotions, but you rarely express your feelings." What does this sentence mean? If I am showing my emotions through facial expressions, body language, or words, then how can I hide my feelings? Well, the answer is simple. Feelings are deeper than emotions.
The face can express many emotions, but it can easily mask what the heart truly feels.
That is the most important difference between emotions and feelings. We delve a little deeper into this fascinating world, as we understand what emotions and feelings really are.
Emotions are physical signals that our body is constantly giving us. They happen unconsciously. If you are experiencing fear, you may instantly start panicking, sweating profusely, etc. All these reactions will be instantaneous. But, once the factor that caused the fear has gone, you will be perfectly fine. Basically, emotions can come and go.
Feelings stay. Different emotions accumulate over time, and as our brain consciously understands them, they turn into feelings. Feelings are formed by emotions. But although two people may experience similar emotions, their feelings may differ. Personal experiences and temperament play a pivotal role in deciding what you feel. Feelings are much richer, have many more layers, and run a lot deeper than emotions. Thus, it is hard to get rid of them.
For example, there's a girl you have known for some time. You feel happy when you see her or talk to her. You feel upset and miss her when she is not around. You get jealous when she is flirting with some guy. Why are you experiencing such emotions? After digging a little deeper, you realize you have developed feelings for her. Feelings can be confusing, and it may take some time or help from your friends to realize you have fallen in love. As you can see, happiness, sadness, and jealousy are emotions that ignited the feeling of love in you.
Similarly, someone's actions may irritate or anger you. These are emotions, which may eventually make you feel bitterness for that person. Here, bitterness is a feeling.
Here's another example that will help you understand the difference. You are checking the results of an important
you are obviously anxious. Anxiety is an emotion. You pass the exam with flying colors, and whoosh the anxiety is gone. Now, consider this scenario. You fail or get less marks in the exam. You will develop a feeling - worry. Thus, you may worry every time you give an exam, because you fear getting less marks.
According to neuroscience, emotions are nothing but chemical reactions. These develop as we react to certain stimuli. As we start becoming aware of these emotions we get a better understanding of our feelings. Your morals and beliefs will play a major role in shaping your feelings. Feelings sustain, whereas emotions are temporary, and can be extremely intense.
As you can see, emotions and feelings are just two shades of the same color. But this difference is very important. The key to a successful life is understanding and managing your emotions better. You may not be able to change your emotions, but you can change your feelings. Of course, it is easier said than done. But remember, feelings are nothing but thoughts, on a subconscious level, and thoughts can be changed.
May 28, 2015
TA的最新馆藏[转]&[转]&[转]&[转]&
喜欢该文的人也喜欢

我要回帖

更多关于 enjoy your stay 的文章

随机推荐