英语copycat 下载什么意思?

相关词典网站:Accessibility links
Why China loves to build copycat towns
By Ruth Morris
PRI's The World, Thames Town
These are external links and will open in a new window
Close share panel
China is well known for its pirated DVDs and fake iPhones, but this "copycat culture" extends to architecture too - with whole towns sometimes replicated. As you enter Thames Town, the honking and chaos of Chinese city life fall away. There are no more street vendors selling steamed pork buns, and no more men hauling recyclables on tricycles. The road starts to wind, and then, in the distance, you see what looks like a clock tower from a Cotswold village."It has this almost dreamlike quality of something European," says Tony Mackay, a British architect, and the master planner for the Thames Town housing scheme and the surrounding district of Songjiang.
When local officials hired Mackay in 2001, he found farms and ducks here. Today, there are cobbled streets, pubs and half-timbered Tudor houses.There's even a statue of Winston Churchill, and a medieval meeting hall that advertises chicken wings and beer in Chinese characters.But Mackay is not happy. "It doesn't look quite right," he says. "It looks false."
Mackay says the architects who took on the designs for the buildings created a pastiche, throwing together different styles, and abandoning authenticity.Some of the half-timbered houses are six storeys high, for example, and the windows on the church just don't look right, he says. "The proportions are wrong. The use of the different stones is all wrong. It would never be used like that in the genuine English church," he says.The houses in Thames Town were largely bought as investment properties, so the town has always been quiet. It is only just beginning to develop a real sense of life and community. To Mackay, the place looks like a film set. In fact, one Western blogger said it reminded him of the film, The Truman Show.
But Fan Yu Zhe couldn't care less.I found Fan and his bride Sun Qi Yao looking deeply into each other's eyes as a photo assistant showered them with flower petals. Thames Town is crawling with young couples who want to have their wedding photos taken here. "I love European football, so I'm very interested in things from Europe," says Fan.
Ruth Morris was
- a co-production of BBC World Service, Public Radio International and WGBH
Highlights on
on BBC World Service on Saturdays
"I really hope I can visit the real Thames River one day, sit along the banks, drink a cup of coffee and enjoy the British sunshine."Nearby, a woman named Zhang Li snacks on tangerines and plays cards with her mother and aunt. Zhang says she has come here on her day off because Chinese towns are so crowded and commercial,
but here it's green and pleasant. And as an office administrator, she can't afford to travel to England."Usually if you want to see foreign buildings, you have to go abroad," says Zhang. "But if we import them to China, people can save money while experiencing foreign-style architecture."There's plenty of that in China.Thames Town was built as part of Shanghai's "One City, Nine Towns" scheme, which saw a cluster of satellite towns built around the city, each in a different international style.Elsewhere in China, there is a replica Eiffel Tower, a mock Tower Bridge - even a recreation of Stonehenge.And last year, a sprung up in the province of Guangdong. The original is a Unesco World Heritage site.
Image caption
Hallstatt #1 in Austria (l), and the replica of the village in China (r)
Image caption
A mini Eiffel Tower in Beijing - there's also a replica in Hangzhou in Zhejiang province
Image caption
France's baroque Chateau de Maisons-Laffitte recreated on the outside Beijing. France is a popular theme...
Image caption
... As is Italy. You can take a trip on a gondola in China's very own version of Venice
Image caption
The White House and US Capitol are popular choices for local government buildings
Image caption
London's Tower Bridge - or near enough - has been transported to the city of Suzhou...
Image caption
... And there's a copy of Stonehenge next to a new housing development in the east of China
These are all examples of China's craze for what Bianca Bosker, author of Original Copies: Architectural Mimicry in Contemporary China, calls "duplitecture". Of course, it's not just the Chinese who love to copy. A century and a half ago, the rapidly progressing
and it too has a host of more recent architectural replicas, including country pavilions in Epcot in Florida, and plenty of examples in Las Vegas. But according to Bosker, while many Westerners think of knock-off architecture as kitsch and bizarre, many in China find it truly lovely.
Ben Goodger, IP expert, Edwards -Wildman:
"China is the world centre for counterfeiting. Whatever can make a quick buck - mobile phones, pirated DVDs, fake watches, jewellery, branded clothing and so on.
"There is a very different starting point. In China, to copy something is to show deep respect. Traditional society in China is very hierarchical. You have the masters of their art, and a lot of artists saw copying one of the masters - as exactly as possible - as being the highest thing they could do, because the master was the great genius.
"The idea of the work the artist creates being an extension of his individual personality - and therefore that to take that is not only unimaginative, but in some way immoral - is very much a typically Western idea. The idea of it being cheating in that sense doesn't have much depth in China.
"I'm not saying they are innocent, but there is this cultural attitude, that copying is a sign of respect."
Almost every major city in China has a residential suburb where people live in replica mansions, and as many as two-thirds of the properties for sale with some estate agents are Western-style, she says. Bosker says that's partly because China has a different attitude towards copying."The culture of copy in China is very different from what we find in the West, where there's a sense that copying is something incredibly taboo, and to be avoided at all costs." In China, she says, mimicry is seen as "a form of mastery", and is therefore not frowned upon - but encouraged.This culture of copying has deep historical roots. As
- of terracotta army fame - conquered rival kingdoms in the 3rd Century BC, he built a replica of each of their palaces within his own capital city. Fast forward to today and the Chinese government often bankrolls major copycat projects. It's a way of flexing its muscles, says Bosker. "China is, in a very symbolic way, showing off its ability to rearrange the cosmos, to sort of own the greatest hits of the West." It's no accident, says Bosker, that the White House - the ultimate symbol of US power - is one of the most copied buildings in China. But not all Chinese people are supportive of this copycat architecture."I don't like them at all," says Tong Ming, a Shanghai-based architect.China has its own rich architectural heritage, says Tong, like the , the
in Beijing, and the country's traditional wooden buildings.
Image caption
The Classical Gardens of Suzhou are a Unesco World Heritage site
Chinese people do value this history, he says, but, at a time of such rapid change, people find it more practical - and even comforting - to copy Western styles."I think it is quite a specific period of time - people cannot get accustomed to changing times. "So it's quite understandable that they would follow something that they admire, or are familiar with from the mass media," says Tong."People want something with a quite clear identity. They couldn't find exactly what next, so they turn to something they are familiar with."
"The way to live best is to eat Chinese food, drive an American car, and live in a British house" -
resident of a Western-style housing development
Source: Original Copies: Architectural Mimicry in Contemporary China
Tong thinks, in time, Chinese architecture will find its own path once again.In the meantime, some new housing developments are creating Western-style architecture "with a Chinese skin", says Bosker - incorporating a Chinese garden layout, for example, or feng shui principles.British architect Tony Mackay thinks China's imitation towns are a fad - a by-product of China's desire to connect with the world after decades of relative isolation - but he sees a new trend emerging."The younger generations here they don't want old-fashioned style, they want modernism. They want something new, which connects to their gear, their iPads, and their modern lifestyle," he says. One example is the sleek, ultra-modern, prestige
in Beijing, by British-Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid.
Image caption
Plans for Wangjing SOHO in Beijing (l), and a model of a very similar building in Chongqing (r)
When it's finished, it will resemble three fish-like forms emerging from a stream.There's just one problem. A suspiciously similar structure is being built in the city of Chongqing.According to one industry publication, the alleged copy may be finished before the original. Ruth Morris was , which is a co-production of the ,
and You can follow the Magazine on
Share this story
Top Stories
Elsewhere on the BBC
Test how well you remember Britpop
Larry和李华刚刚看完电影。李华在问Larry她没看懂的地方。今天李华会学到两个常用语:copycat和wacky。
LH: Larry,我特别喜欢看这种侦探片,最后把坏人抓住,特痛快。对了,刚才那电影里的侦探说,那杀人凶手是个copycat。那是什么意思啊?
LL: A copycat is someone who imitates someone else. The murderer in the
movie imitated other famous murderers, so he was copycat killer.
嗯,copycat就是指模仿别人的人。噢,现在我懂了。那个侦探是说那个杀人犯是模仿其他杀人犯的作案方法。哎呀,怪不得我看电影的时候有些地方弄不懂。对了,Larry,这个copycat还可以用在其他的地方吗?
LL: Sure. For instance, my younger sister used to imitate me a lot when
she was a kid. She would repeat whatever I said, so I caller her my little
LH: 你叫你小妹妹little copycat。你妹妹一定很可爱。她一定很崇拜你,所以才模仿你的一举一动,重复你说的话!
LL: Yeah, it was kind of cute, but it got annoying after a while.
LH: 小妹妹学你的样有什么讨厌的?
LL: Kids are great copycats and they always manage to copy things that
they shouldn't. If I said a bad word, my sister always repeated. My mother
thought I was teaching her bad words on purpose.
LH: 所以大人要给小孩树立好的榜样嘛! 你不要你妹妹说粗话,那你就不该说粗话。不过,你妈妈以为你故意教坏妹妹,那肯定让你很不好受。对不对?
LL: That's right. It got me into a lot of trouble. Hey, I also remember
that when I was a kid, it was common for kids to accuse each other of
being a &copycat.&
LH: 没错,小孩子最喜欢说别人学自己,好象自己很聪敏,别人就只会模仿。
LL: You're right. To call someone a copycat means that the other person
isn't original and was just imitating what someone else was doing.
LH: Larry,你说的这句话不是跟我刚才说的意思一样吗? You're a copycat!
LL: Not entirely the same!
LL: Hey, Li Hua, did you ever do any wacky things when you were a kid?
LH: 对不起,Larry,你刚才说什么。我没听懂,你问我小时候做过什么wacky的事,那是什么意思啊?
LL: Wacky means crazy or silly. Kids tend to do wacky things. For
instance, when I was a kid, I tried to play Tarzan with our living room
LH: Wacky就是指疯疯颠颠或犯傻。对,小孩子往往会做一些傻事。不过,像你小时候想学泰山而把窗帘当树枝爬上去,这也太危险了。
LL: Yeah, I had just seen the movie, Tarzan, and I decided to climb the
curtains and swing from them the way Tarzan swung from the vines. Pretty
wacky, huh?
LH: 我想也是,你肯定是看了泰山这电影后才那么wacky的。 不过说到wacky,我小时候也不见得比你差,也做了不少wacky的事呢!
LL: Such as?
LH: 嗯,比方说,我8岁那年,我爬上邻居家的一棵树,上去了,却不知道该怎么下来呢。
LL: That's wacky! So what did you do?
LH: 我挂在树上,还能怎么办?只好大叫,请人来救我喽!后来有人拿了张梯子,把我给救下来了。
LL: That's funny. Hey, how's your cat doing? Has she done anything wacky
LH: 嗨,说到我的猫小雪球,它做的wacky
事那才多呢!昨天我在看电视上一个介绍大自然的节目,小雪球看到银幕里的小鸟就一直想扑上去和它玩。那个模样真逗!
今天李华学到两个常用语。第一个是copycat,是指模仿别人的人。另一个常用语是wacky,意思就是疯疯颠颠,犯傻的。
Related Articles
(08-6-15 19:54:24)
(08-6-15 19:54:24)无畏是什么意思_无畏在线翻译、解释、发音、同义词、反义词_英语单词大全_911查询
无畏是什么意思
输入英文单词或中文词语查询其翻译
无畏是什么意思 无畏在线翻译 无畏什么意思 无畏的意思 无畏的翻译 无畏的解释 无畏的发音 无畏的同义词 无畏的反义词 无畏的例句
无畏 基本解释无畏[wú wèi]词典:无畏的;大胆的;不怕的。词典:无畏的,勇敢的。词典:未受惊吓的,未受胁迫的,吓不倒的;无畏。词典:不害怕的,无所畏惧的;不怕羞的。词典:无畏,无惧。无畏 汉英大词典无畏[wú wèi] unafraid:  例:他面对敌人, 英勇无畏。    He stood unyielding and unafraid against the enemy.手机查看无畏的意思,微信扫一扫页面右侧二维码。关注 911查询大全 后发送 无畏 即可无畏 网络解释1. 1. Dreadnaught:三天里,三支部队轮流压迫敌人,每天都能看见,雷鹰毫无阻挡地空中俯冲扫射,在坦克和无畏(Dreadnaught)机甲的支援下,在已经被系统地摧毁的建筑物废墟中,星际陆战队员们在艰苦地战斗敌人的胜算已经越来越小了,他们发动的每一次局部反冲击都被打退了.2. Bold:当然,傍对了,傍好了,也就更加狗仗人势,气宇轩昂,英勇无畏(bold)了. 岁数大了,体质一般会弱一些,也就老(old)爱感染(catch)些个伤风感冒(cold)什么的. 于是没精神,嘴巴里没滋没味儿,对啥都提不起兴趣. 老(old)胳膊老腿因为缺钙、缺水,3. intrepidity:intrepid 无畏的 | intrepidity 无畏 | intrepidly 无畏地无畏 双语例句1. 你将回到足球场上,并成为坚韧无畏的新楷模。&&&&You will be back on the pitch and you will be a new example of courage and perseverance.2. 传达原文的神韵。那里的人们富于大无畏的开创精神,建立庞大的企业,敢冒风险,势如破竹,一干到底,不顾及成本,因此为加利福尼亚赢得了声誉。&&&&It was that population that gave to California a name for getting up astonishing enterprises and rushing them through with a magnificent dash and daring and a reckle e of cost or co equences, which she bears unto this day.3. 是否如果你对她全部它同意,268,000 将然后想象如果不同意你的她,让看如果那时你确实做非常浪漫的空气控制的,你理解,你当然将爱老战士,如果,你确实足够成熟你去被让她也那时经常,她感到将激怒和油性但是如果你去寻找她,她责备将如果将军中任何人穿它你骗取易激动你她,她将说你是花花公子穿的是有点多变得破烂,然后如果你妒忌,你是一个不易激动的人,她将错误象这样但是如果全部妒忌你说,再次的她认为能你喜欢她你你试图并且确实给她调情,她认为将,你尊重她但是如果行为端正你,她再次认为能你喜欢如果她你为一分钟晚来,她抱怨将如果自己后她多疲倦和更极其做它等,她将说女孩日期是自然的后期你去寻找你的朋友,她将说是否你的照片盲目模仿者是她,她将谈论"噢,这非常自然,女孩"如果你吻她迅速,她将很多冷和分开你吻那么多不会象这样到处说你,她将号叫如果你在穿过道路时没照看她,你吃她的豆腐,你缺乏品行你照看如果她穿过道路,再次的她说能这是否如果计谋你人那时仔细注视一定妇女,她将批评你调情并且对她到处认为其他男人的女生注视,她将说他们将感激是否你与她谈话,她希望它好那,只要你听是否你只注意听,她你再次与她讲男人已经看见那可以说:飞往天空,你创造花费这些个名字喝简单和错综复杂和更弱的如此活着的生物妇女,但是如此无畏忿怒和丘比特,请我怎样挣。&&&&Whether if you vs. of she totally it agree, she then will 258 ten thousand picture if disagree you, Show you understand if you make what atmosphere control very much romantic at all then, You will certainly love veteran if, you at all enough ripe if you go and let she often too then, She will feel irritated and oily but if you go and look for she, she will blame if any of generals wearing it you cheat emotional you of she, She will say that you are that what the play-boy wore is a bit more tattered, then you are a stolid fellow if you are jealous, She will it says to be incorrect like this but if totally jealous you, she again can think you like she you if you attempt and flirt to her at all, She will think you respect she but if well-behaved you, she again can think you like if she you come late one minute, She will complain if oneself late she how tired and more bitterly does it wait for, she will say girl it dates late to be natural if you go and look for friend of you, She will say if your picture copycat is her, she will talk about " oh, this is very natural, Girl " if you kiss she quickly, she will very much cold and detached if you kiss too much to say you everywhere like this, She will yell that you ate her bean curd if you have not looked after her while crossing the road, You lack morals if you look after she cross the road, she again can say this whether if trick you of man stare at a certain woman carefully then, She will criticize you to flirt and stare at to girl student she think other man everywhere, She will say that they will just appreciate if you speak with her, she hopes that it is all right that so long as you listen to if you only listen attentively to, She you speak with her again Man has seen that may say: Fly to the sky, you create take these name to have simple and complicated and weaker so living beingses woman, But so intrepid to let people angry and Cupid, please tell me should how make.4. 无畏4. 贝茨的脚伤还在恢复当中,但她依然英勇无畏──她已经差不多准备好再次穿上超高鞋了。&&&&Ms. Betts, who is now healing from her shoe incident, is undeterred -- and almost ready to slip back into her super stilettos.5. 据报道,今天,朝鲜在当地时间上午11点20分顶住几大列强压力,无畏地发射了一枚火箭。&&&&Beijing, April 5- Today North Korea has reportedly launched a rocket at 11:20 a. m. local time valorously under great pressure from several big powers.6. 人生在世,生、老、病、死在所难免,人以喜悦之心去迎接一个新生命的来临,反以悲伤面对死亡;为什麼我们不能勇於接受它,为它献上最真诚的祝福呢?毕竟经过了病痛的洗礼后,不再执著和挣扎著必茍活之心,感受对死亡的无畏及平常,坦然且欢喜它随时的光临。&&&&Life aboveground, Raw, old, illness, die in incident, People with gladden heart going acclaim a new vital coming, Anti with
Whereto us unable brave Yu acceptance it, For it consecrate most the beatify of honestlyAfter pass illness sore baptism behind, No more clinging and flounder must live heart, Susceptibly to the fearlessness of decease and usual, Level right and hilarity it follow Shih's light.7. 7. 你不认为这种忘我的无畏精神是很好的表现吗?&&&&Don't you agree that this act of selflessness was bravery?8. 但是我忽然这样大无畏的似乎只有我一个。&&&&But I am abrupt so undaunted be like to have me only.9. 但卡拉扬以他无畏的精神仍上演了如施特劳斯的萨洛米和瓦格纳的歌者这样一些大型作品。&&&&Unfazed, Karajan managed to stage such major works as Strauss`s Salome and Wagner's Die Meistersinger.10. 但是在这些无法选择之中,我们的确可以选择自己的生活方式:是勇敢无畏还是胆小怯懦,是光明磊落还是厚颜无耻,是目标坚定还是随波逐流。&&&&But within all this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we shall live: courageously or in cowardice, honourably or dishonourably, with purpose or in drift.11. 无畏的解释11. 意译:位于南极洲的Filchner山脉呈锯齿状的山顶在远处升起,一支无畏的登山队安营在冰雪的原野。&&&&&&The jagged peaks of Antarctica's Filchner Mountains rise in the distance as an intrepid mountaineering team makes camp on an ice field.12. 南极洲菲尔西纳山脉参差不齐的山峰在远处升起,当时有支无畏的登山队在冰原上扎营。&&&&&&The jagged peaks of Antarctica`s Filchner Mountains rise in the distance as an intrepid mountaineering team makes camp on an ice field.13. 13. 在这青春校园中的蹉跎岁月充满理想的光辉,在求索知识的纯真年代饱含无畏的激情。&&&&&&In this youth campus squandered glorious days of idealistic in quest of knowledge of the Age of Innocence full of fearless passion.14. 他勇敢无畏,愿意不惜冒一切的险去帮助他的同胞们。&&&&&&He is totally fearless, willing to risk anything to help his fellow sentient creatures.15. 我给予昴宿星人意识、我的老师和朋友深深的爱和谢谢,对于他们的忠贞和他们的大无畏责任感和爱,它们电镀内在预定银河优雅的积极规则,理想产生真实,和平,繁荣与谢谢就会带给所有一切。&&&&&&My deep love and thanks I give to the Pleiadian consciousness, my teachers and friends, for their loyalty and their undaunted sense of duty and love, which galvanizes within mean energetic formula of galactic elegance, the ideal made real. Peace, prosperity, and thanks to all.16. 16. 相信我们永远是自信的,无畏的。。。。。。&&&&&&It is believed that we are self-confident forever, fearless......17. 17. 这些的生活是有趣的,同时也是无畏的&&&&&&The life is interesting, but also fearless...18. 无畏18. 但只有无畏的人才能成功。&&&&&&But only the fearless can be great.19. 他如牛王般无畏、圣洁、勇猛,是增上戒定慧的寻求者,是战胜三魔王烦恼魔,死魔,天子魔)的胜利者,无欲无烦恼、觉证四圣谛,我称此人为婆罗门。&&&&&&He, the Noble, the Excellent, the Heroic, the Great Sage, the Conqueror, the Passionless, the Pure, the Enlightened one — him do I call a holy man.20. \u\u\u8BE2\u00B7\u82F1\u8BED\u5355\u8BCD20. 茶桶,将此篇以及那张他所排版的施无畏相片及印上传。&&&&&&Detong, post this one and add the photo of giving of fearlessness that he composed with seals on them.无畏是什么意思,无畏在线翻译,无畏什么意思,无畏的意思,无畏的翻译,无畏的解释,无畏的发音,无畏的同义词,无畏的反义词,无畏的例句,无畏的相关词组,无畏意思是什么,无畏怎么翻译,单词无畏是什么意思常用英语教材考试英语单词大全 (7本教材)
出国英语单词大全 (5本教材)
大学英语单词大全 (13本教材)
高中英语单词大全 (6本教材)
初中英语单词大全 (13本教材)
小学英语单词大全 (33本教材)
别人正在查
911查询 全部查询 网址:
(共19个)占卜求签
(共17个)民俗文化
(共16个)交通出行
(共10个)学习应用
(共26个)休闲娱乐