releasingwhere is your hearttthrob and impassion

外语学习_科学教育_SW问问搜搜问问
& 外语学习 & 科学教育
外语学习 - 科学教育 - SW问问搜搜问问
所有问题分类
Copyright ©
.  脙枚ICP卤赂潞脜   
Powered by SosoWenwen Inc.Zen in the Art of Writing: Releasing the Creative Genius Within You: Ray Bradbury: 1: Amazon.com: Books
Windows Phone
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
&from&$5.92
Add to List
Unable to add item to List. Please try again.
Sorry, there was a problem.
There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.
Have one to sell?
Flip to back
Flip to front
Playing...
You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Zen in the Art of Writing: Releasing the Creative Genius Within You
Mass Market Paperback
& March 1, 1992
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
for this author
Are you an author?
"Please retry"
"Please retry"
Mass Market Paperback
"Please retry"
&Every morning I jump out of bed and step on  a land mine. The land mine is me. After the  explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the  pieces back together. Now, it's your turn. Jump!&  Zest. Gusto. Curiosity. These are the qualities  every writer must have, as well as a spirit of  adventure. In this exuberant book, the incomparable  Ray Bradbury shares the wisdom, experience, and  excitement of a lifetime of writing. Here are  practical tips on the art of writing from a master of  the craft-everything from finding original ideas to  developing your own voice and style-as well as the  inside story of Bradbury's own remarkable career  as a prolific author of novels, stories, poems,  films, and plays. Zen In The Art Of  Writing is more than just a how-to manual for the  would-be writer: it is a celebration of the act of  writing itself that will delight, impassion, and  inspire the writer in you. In it, Bradbury  encourages us to follow the unique path of our instincts  and enthusiasms to the place where our inner genius  dwells, and he shows that success as a writer  depends on how well you know one subject: your own  life.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more.
Page 1 of 1
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Page 1 of 1
Anne Janzer
Better writing starts before the words reach the paper, because your brain is your most powerful writing tool.
Kindle Edition
Arlene Miller
Improve your writing with user-friendly reference book. Answers common grammar, punctuation, & word usage issues. Used by schools and colleges.
Kindle Edition
Chris McMullen
Kindle Edition
Gregg Krech
Apply the principles of Zen Buddhism to overcome procrastination and live a purposeful, meaningful life.
Kindle Edition
Tom Leveen
Rejection letters from agents piling up? Beta readers grimacing at how your characters talk? Take a crash course on how to improve your dialogue!
Kindle Edition
Christopher Fielden
Learn how to write short stories, get published and make money writing fiction. &A must read for anyone who has any interest in becoming a writer.&
Kindle Edition
Fandom Media
Fine tune and master your Korean writing skills with Easy Learning Fundamental Korean Writing Practice Book!
Recently Released
Kindle Edition
Sponsored Products are advertisements for products sold by merchants on Amazon.com. When you click on a Sponsored Product ad, you will be taken to an Amazon detail page where you can learn more about the product and purchase it.
To learn more about Amazon Sponsored Products,
Editorial Reviews
From the Publisher
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a land mine. The land mine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces back together. Now, it's your turn. Jump!" Zest. Gusto. Curiosity. These are the qualities every writer must have, as well as a spirit of adventure. In this exuberant book, the incomparable Ray Bradbury shares the wisdom, experience, and excitement of a lifetime of writing. Here are practical tips on the art of writing from a master of the craft-everything from finding original ideas to developing your own voice and style-as well as the inside story of Bradbury's own remarkable career as a prolific author of novels, stories, poems, films, and plays. Zen In The Art Of Writing is more than just a how-to manual for the would-be writer: it is a celebration of the act of writing itself that will delight, impassion, and inspire the writer in you. In it, Bradbury encourages us to follow the unique path of our instincts and enthusiasms to the place where our inner genius dwells, and he shows that success as a writer depends on how well you know one subject: your own life.
From the Inside Flap
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on  a land mine. The land mine is me. After the  explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the  pieces back together. Now, it's your turn. Jump!"  Zest. Gusto. Curiosity. These are the qualities  every writer must have, as well as a spirit of  adventure. In this exuberant book, the incomparable  Ray Bradbury shares the wisdom, experience, and  excitement of a lifetime of writing. Here are  practical tips on the art of writing from a master of  the craft-everything from finding original ideas to  developing your own voice and style-as well as the  inside story of Bradbury's own remarkable career  as a prolific author of novels, stories, poems,  films, and plays. Zen In The Art Of  Writing is more than just a how-to manual for the  would-be writer: it is a celebration of the act of  writing itself that will delight, impassion, and  inspire the writer in you. In it, Bradbury  encourages us to follow the unique path of our instincts  and enthusiasms to the place where our inner genius  dwells, and he shows that success as a writer  depends on how well you know one subject: your own  life.
Product details
Mass Market Paperback: 158 pages
Publisher: B Later Printing edition (April 1992)
Language: English
ISBN-13: 978-
Product Dimensions:
4.2 x 0.5 x 6.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces
Average Customer Review:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#502,919 in Books ()
Would you like to ?If you are a seller for this product, would you like to ?
NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE
New pick from Oprah's Book Club
"The Sun Does Shine" by Anthony Ray Hinton is a powerful, revealing story of hope, love, justice, and the power of reading by a man who spent thirty years on death row for a crime he didn't commit.
Be the first videoYour name here
Page 1 of 1
Rachel Aaron
How I went from writing 2,000 words per day to 10,000 and how you can too. Learn how to boost your daily word counts with three simple techniques.
Kindle Edition
Hilary Glasman-Deal
Justin M Sloan
Jacob Nordby
This is a book about &creative recovery.& Tired of living by the old rules of success? Read this to gain a deep sense of your true value & creativity.
Kindle Edition
David Kadavy
Find the inspiration and motivation to finally start something.
Kindle Edition
Phil Williams
Can you create perfect English sentences? Master the basic structures with this book.
Kindle Edition
Jay Artale
Take your travel writing from one-dimensional to attention-grabbing by using an easy-to-master freewriting technique.
Kindle Edition
Sponsored Products are advertisements for products sold by merchants on Amazon.com. When you click on a Sponsored Product ad, you will be taken to an Amazon detail page where you can learn more about the product and purchase it.
To learn more about Amazon Sponsored Products,
Share your thoughts with other customers
Rated by customers interested in
Religion & Spirituality Books
4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5 stars
Reference Books
4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5 stars
Science Fiction Books
4.2 out of 5 stars
4.2 out of 5 stars
Is this feature helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Read reviews that mention
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified PurchaseRay Bradbury’s book is actually a collection of previously published essays, pulled together under one roof. Some of the essays were originally book intros while others were published in other books or magazines.I purchased the book without reading the advertising blurb, seeking to learn secrets from one of my favorite authors. Alas, one of the most prolific and descriptive writers is extremely mundane in his advice to aspiring writers. In short, WORK, RELAXATION, DON’T THINK (caps are Mr. Bradbury’s). Obviously, work is the operative word here, and if you haven’t already been writing on a regular basis, he suggests one to two thousand words a day, every day, for the next twenty years. Have an initial goal of one short story a week, fifty-two a year. What does Mr. Bradbury believe this will bring about? “…I believe that eventually quantity will make for quality.”So if the book is not a teaching manual, why should one purchase it?Fans of Ray Bradbury will enjoy the intuitive methods he used to create his stories and books. It was interesting to see how everyday events could produce a spark that he would turn into something wonderful. Writers reading between the lines will learn that each writer must discover his own road to creativity. Mr. Bradbury can point in the right direction, but it is each prospective author’s duty to forge his or her own way.Along the way, the author shares with us his experiences as he worked his way into becoming a writer as well as the people who helped and shared and celebrated those success with him. Very enjoyable read. Five stars.
||Format: Kindle Edition|Verified PurchaseThis book reminds me of another book that I enjoyed. That being "On Writing" by Stephen King. It's sort of funny. When I first read "On Writing" I knew nothing of Stephen King's writing, I had not yet read any of it. It was a strange thing to read an author's book on writing without ever having read any of that authors actual writing. Be that as it may, I really enjoyed it. And now I've done it again.This is, strangely enough, my first Ray Bradbury book. As was the case with King's book however, it didn't detract from the experience. You can sense from this book Bradbury's passion behind his writing, just as you could King's. This is a man who has spent his lifetime writing because it's what he loves to do. So naturally he has written a book about that writing. I have a feeling that, just like King, this little book will propel me forward into Bradbury's writing and that I have some wonderful future-experiences ahead of me.
||Format: Paperback|Verified PurchaseThe essays in this book are, and Ray Bradbury admits this, written from the perspective of a person who MUST write: "I have learned, on my journeys, that if I let a day go by without writing, I grow uneasy."All eleven essays were previously published, over the 30 years prior to the collection's original 1994 publication. There is a little bit of repetition in the stories because of that, but not enough to be annoying.The essays are, for the most part, rah-rah, get your imagination out cheerleading. Bradbury writes in direct sentences, with lots of energy and plenty of exclamation points. An important lesson is to take your experiences, especially your fears, and use them in your creations. He gives many examples of how this worked in his own writing. I found the most interesting tip in the final essay (the last chapter is poetry): "Remember: PLOT is no more than footprints left in the snow AFTER your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations. PLOT is observed after the fact rather than before. It cannot precede action. It is the chart that remains when a action is through."I think plot and action and characters are more of a balancing act, but I understand what he's saying and it's something to keep in mind. I have to admit, though, that I thought "The Martian Chronicles" could have used a lot more PLOT.Overall, I liked Stephen King's&&a bit better, but the first part of King's book is a biography which, though interesting, isn't about writing. For me, "Zen in the Art of Writing" is 3.6 stars rounded up to 4.Happy Reader
||Format: Kindle Edition|Verified PurchaseRay Bradbury will remain among my favorites. This collection of some of his essays share the themes of love of art, especially the art of writing, and memoir. His purpose is to inspire beginning writers by describing his method as he recounts the history of some of his major works. This reads beautifully and I'm lost with the author in his daydreams of revisiting Clarissa, Montague, Faber, and The Mechanical Hound (which he based on The Hound of The Baskervilles, he tells).
He emphasizes the importance of zest, passion, and the need to "be you" in finding your voice. At nine, he tore up his collection of Buck Rogers comics when taunting peers found him out. Heartbroken, he "sealed his own city" and resolved never to call prey to detractors. "If your friends don't support you, find new friends."
This early experience never left him as it is mentioned several times throughout. It is fortunate for the readers of this world that, by sheer exercise of optimism and belief in his talent (helped along the way by Mr. Electrical and others
||Format: Paperback|Verified PurchaseBradbury has always been a mystery to me--his ability to write so well so fast while entertaining and making us think--and I've wanted to know more about his approach to writing. It's here, and it's different, and it's whipped my head around to see the craft in a different light. I'm positive I read this a long time ago and thought, Oh everything in it is somewhere buried in my mind. Perhaps I have, but I was different then and didn't realize what a gem of a book it is. There are no strict formulas in this book, which I appreciate, but many lights in the dark that help lead the way. Anyone with a curiosity about Bradbury's thinking or the craft of writing should find this as enjoyable as I did.
Pages with related products.
See and discover other items: , , , , , 
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.releasing your heartthrob and impassion_百度知道
releasing your heartthrob and impassion
releasing your heartthrob and impassion
我有更好的答案
releasing your heartthrob and impassion 是现在分词短语或动名词短语,heartthrob and impassion 字面意思心脏跳动和情感,可以翻译为 “发泄你激动的情感”,或 “宣泄你的激情”。
采纳率:90%
来自团队:
你好!releasing your heartthrob and impassion释放你的心跳和激情
聆听你的心声,跟随你的激情!
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。sketchbook