his father is.two olderless than a year agohim. this year

小题1:C小题1:B小题1:C小题1:C小题1:A小题1:从第一段的句子:Frank is my good friend. We are in the same class.可知Frank是学生。选C小题1:推理题;从第一段的句子:He is fourteen, one year older than me. 可知作者13岁。选B小题1:细节题:从第一段的句子:His English and math are very good. 可知Frank擅长英语和数学。选C小题1:细节题:从第二段的句子:We have lunch at school可知Frank是在学校吃午饭。选C。小题1:细节题:从第二段的句子:In the evening, he does his homework at home. 可知选A
请在这里输入关键词:
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
ONCE again, I was in new school.& 36 was a girl in my class named Paris. That’s where the similarities& 37& . I was tall and she was small. I was one of the&& 38& in the class while she was the youngest. I was awkward and shy. She wasn’t. I couldn’t stand her, considering her my& 39& . 40& she wanted to be friends. One day, she invited me&& 41&& and I said yes I was too shocked to say no.42& no one had invited me over to play before.But this girl, who wore the&& 43&& fashions, wanted to see me.She lived on the fourth floor in a two-room place with her mother, her stepfather, her two brothers and her sister- When we got to the room she shared with her sister, she took out a big case of Barbies which was my next&& 44 .I would have thought she’d outgrown them.I had&& 45&& played with them.But we sat on the floor of a walk-in cupboard laughing as we&& 46& crazy stories about the Barbies.That’s when we found out that we both wanted to be&& 47& when we were older.We both had wild&& 48&. We had a great day that afternoon.Our jaws (下巴) 49& from smiling so much.She showed me her&& 50& , which had mostly come from a designer clothing store (时装设计店) down the block.The woman who owned it used her as a&& 51& sometimes for her newspaper ads and gave her clothes in exchange. Paris had the whole&& 52&& charmed.The bookstore owners lent her fashion magazines, the 53__ gave her free passes and the pizza place let her have free pieces.Soon I was&& 54 &in her magic world.We slept over at each other’s houses, spent every free moment together.My dark hair grew out and I learned to love being tall. Paris, my first real friend since childhood, helped me get through the&& 55&& teenage years and taught me an amazing and very surprising thing about making friends: your "worst enemy" can turn out to be your best friend.小题1:A.ItB.SoC.SheD.I小题2:A.endedB.startedC.cameD.began小题3:A.youngestB.shortestC.oldestD.tallest小题4:A.enemyB.friendC.sisterD.rival小题5:A.AndB.ButC.SoD.Or小题6:A.offB.upC.overD.in小题7:A.HoweverB.ActuallyC.ThereforeD.Besides小题8:A.modemB.newC.lateD.latest小题9:A.surpriseB.joyC.delightD.happiness小题10:A.onceB.everC.neverD.yet小题11:A.made forB.made upC.put upD.made into小题12:A.writersB.singersC.dancersD.designers小题13:A.laughB.imaginationsC.behaviorsD.experience小题14:A.harmedB.achedC.injuredD.wounded小题15:A.booksB.paintingsC.food .D.outfits小题16:A.writerB.outfitsC.modelD.exchange小题17:A.familyB.neighborhoodC.classD.school小题18:A.collegesB.clothing stores C.restaurantD.movie theater小题19:A.attractedB.drawnC.includedD.attached小题20:A.toughB.happyC.colorfulD.rich
Robert Moody, 52, is an experienced police officer. Much of his work involves dealing with& 41&—an gang (团伙)problems in the schools of his community. Knowing that many kids often &&42&&trouble, he decided to do something about it. So in 1991 he began to invite small groups of kids to go fishing with him on his day&& 43&&&.Those fun trips had a(n) 44&impact. A chance encounter(偶遇) in 2000 proved that. One day,& 45&working security at a school basketball game, Moody noticed two young guys&& 46&&.He sensed trouble between them. &47&&one of them headed toward Moody and gave him a hug.” I&&48&&you. You took me&&& 49&&when I was in fifth grade. That was one of the& 50&&days of my life .”Deeply touched by the boy’s word, Moody decided to create a foundation(基金会)that& 51&teenagers to the basics of fishing in camping programs. “As a policeman, I saw& 52&there was violence, drugs were always behind it. They have a damaging& 53&on the kids,” says Moody.By turning kids on to fishing, he& 54&to present an alternative way of life, “When you’re sitting there waiting for a& 55&,”he says, “you can’t help but talk to each other, and such& 56&can be pretty deep.”“Talking about drugs helped prepare me for the peer(同龄人)pressures in high school,” says Michelle, 17 who& 57&the first program. “And I was able to help my little brother& 58&drugs.”Moody faces &&59&&in three years, when he hopes to run the foundation full-time.” I’m living a happy life and I have a responsibility to my &&60&&to give back,” Moody says.” If I teach a kid to fish today, he can teach his brother to fish tomorrow.”小题1:A.drinkingB.drugC.securityD.smoking小题2:A.ran intoB.got overC.left behindD.looked into小题3:A.aheadB.awayC.offD.out小题4:A.immediateB.damagingC.limitedD.lasting小题5:A.onceB.whileC.sinceD.until小题6:A.quarrelingB.complainingC.talkingD.cheering小题7:A.SlowlyB.SuddenlyC.FinallyD.Secretly小题8:A.understandB.hearC.seeD.remember小题9:A.fishingB.sailingC.boatingD.swimming.小题10:A.quietestB.longestC.bestD.busiest小题11:A.connectsB.introducesC.reducesD.commits小题12:A.whereB.unlessC.asD.whether小题13:A.impressionB.burdenC.decisionD.impact小题14:A.askedB.intendedC.pretendedD.agreed小题15:A.solutionB.changeC.biteD.surprise小题16:A.concernsB.interestsC.conversationsD.emotions小题17:A.participated inB.worked outC.approved ofD.made up小题18:A.misuseB.avoidC.tolerateD.test小题19:A.unemploymentB.challengeC.competitionD.retirement小题20:A.teamB.schoolC.familyD.community
One day a very wealthy father took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people can be.They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of &which &would be considered a very poor family. On their &return &from their trip, the father asked his son, “ How was the trip?”“It was &great , Dad .”“Did you see how poor people can be?” the father asked.“Oh yeah?” said the son.“So what did you &learn &from the trip?” asked the father.The son answered, “I saw that we have one dog and they have four. We have a pool that &reaches &to the middle of our garden and they have a creek (小溪) that has &no &end. We have lanterns in our garden and they have the &stars &at night. We have a &small &piece of land to live on and they have fields that go &beyond &our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve &themselves . We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have &walls &around our property(财产) to protect us but they have friends to protect them.”With this the boy’s father was &speechless .Then his son &added , “Dad, thank you for showing me how &poor &we are.”Too many times we &forget &what we have and concentrate on what we don’t have. What is one person’s &priceless &object is another’s prize possession. It’s all &decided &on one’s perspective (视角). Think about what would happen if we all gave &thanks &for what we have, &instead of &worrying about what we don’t have.Be thankful for every single thing in your life, exactly as it is now–and &especially &your friends. Be sure to take the time to express your appreciation and gratitude for the people whom you are close to.小题1:A.whichB.that C.what D.how小题2:A.arrival B.return C.coming D.reach小题3:A.shameful B.disappointingC.surprising D.great小题4:A.suffer B.regretC.hearD.learn小题5:A.reaches B.gets C.arrives D.flows小题6:A.much B.some C.no D.another小题7:A.stars B.lights C.darkness D.torches小题8:A.smooth B.fullC.largeD.small小题9:A.through B.within C.beyond D.across小题10:A.themselves B.visitors C.friends D.us小题11:A.dogs B.walls C.soldiers D.policemen小题12:A.discouraged B.satisfied C.delighted D.speechless小题13:A.explainedB.announced C.informed D.added小题14:A.poor B.wealthy C.lucky D.proud小题15:A.miss B.forget C.remember D.consider小题16:A.valuable B.useful C.priceless D.worthless小题17:A.based B.concentrated C.decided D.laid小题18:A.love B.concernC.thanks D.interests小题19:A.more thanB.along withC.instead ofD.except for小题20:A.especially B.besides C.specially D.only
题型:阅读理解
A few years ago, when I was still in high school, I met a wonderful and warm teacher. At that time in my life, there were many changes to adjust to, apart from the usual teenage troubles. My parents had divorced, so my elder brother and I had chosen to stay with my dad. Due to the fact that he was keeping the house, we didn’t have to move.During this time, my teacher took a special interest in me. Being my English teacher, she encouraged my mind to travel to creativity I had long given up. She brought me out of the shell I built.She became my mother, my older sister, my friend and my teacher. The one thing she couldn’t do though was to make me more girly as growing up with only my dad and brother made me a real tomboy.Sometimes, I would be really immature(不成熟的), especially if she was scoring me less than others on purpose. She knew I could do better than what I was handing in and so pushed me to extend further than limits.When I finished school and then after college I was about to leave my hometowns she gifted me a watch that every second, with my pulse, should remind me of the one person who will forever wait and love me without reservation.Time has passed and our friendship is distant, but in my heart, soul and mind, she is the closest I ever got.小题1:The writer and her elder brother chose to live with their father simply because _________.A.their mother was expecting to have another babyB.they didn’t have to move out of their houseC.they hated their mother remarriedD.they had a closer relationship with their father小题2:How did the writer get along with her studies before she met her English teacher?A.She was hopeless and had given up her studies.B.She was getting along well with her studies.C.She had some trouble with her studies.D.She lacked interest in creativity.小题3:The writer behaved herself like a boy because ________.A.she needed the love of motherB.she wanted to learn from her father and brotherC.she lived with only men all the timeD.her English teacher didn’t care about her小题4: What was the writer’s attitude to the watch given by the teacher?A.She considered it to be very useful.B.She valued it very much.C.She kept it very well.D.She wanted to do something later in return for it.
Every morning my friend would stop on the way to work to have a quick breakfast with her 8-year-old son. Then she &&36&&him off at school. They ate the same thing every morning: an egg sandwich, juice, coffee for her, and milk for him. One day she ordered a(n) &&37&&breakfast. Once they finished eating and were heading out of the door, she &&38&, said good morning to a homeless man sitting outside of the &&39&, and gave him the breakfast she had ordered for him. He &&40&&her, telling her it was his first meal during the last several &&41&. She couldn’t help but feel &&42&&and was glad she finally took &&43&. She told her son that she had seen the man every day that week there and that &&44&, herself included, had offered him &&45&, support, food, or drink. She &&46&&explained that homelessness could happen to anyone and that it was important to &&47&&needy people. So her “Tradition of Kindness” &&48&. Each day she and her son went on to &&49&&the homeless man breakfast. The &&50&&was kept until they moved away several years later, &&51&&the experience was firmly put into her son’s mind. My friend &&52&&every time she tells me that this “Tradition of Kindness” goes on with her son, who remembers this &&53&&tradition. Now working in a company, her son stops every morning at Starbucks for a coffee and offers a homeless person a breakfast before going to the &&54&. What a great tradition that he can &&55&&to his children as well!小题1:A.sentB.droppedC.calledD.drove小题2:A.lightB.expensiveC.ordinaryD.extra小题3:A.stoppedB.escapedC.backedD.hid小题4:A.shopB.marketC.hotelD.restaurant小题5:A.recognizedB.refusedC.thankedD.found小题6:A.daysB.minutesC.months D.weeks小题7:A.coldB.goodC.strangeD.nervous小题8:A.actionB.timeC.careD.effect小题9:A.everyoneB.someoneC.no oneD.anyone小题10:A.educationB.informationC.comfortD.safety小题11:A.againB.furtherC.onceD.first小题12:A.contactB.encourageC.followD.help小题13:A.beganB.existedC.failedD.changed小题14:A.winB.buyC.showD.award小题15:A.promiseB.agreementC.orderD.practice小题16:A.althoughB.soC.butD.because小题17:A.criesB.jumpsC.jokesD.smiles小题18:A.schoolB.childhoodC.youthD.adulthood小题19:A.officeB.cinemaC.storeD.library小题20:A.connectB.relateC.passD.move
I ran across an old photo of him the other day, thinking of some old things. He’s been dead for 25 years. His name was Rex.36& was his favorite recreation(娱乐). He had so much 37 in the water as any person I have known. You didn’t have to throw a stick in the water to 38 him to go in. Of course, he would bring back a stick to you if you 39 throw one in.That 40 me of that night, 41 he brought back a small box that he found somewhere--- how 42 nobody ever knew. Since it was Rex, it 43 easily have been half a race. The box wasn’t a good one. It was just a 44 old piece that somebody 45. Still it was something he wanted, probably 46 there was some difficulty in transportation(运输). And that he thought could test his courage. We first knew about his achievement when, deep in the night, we 47 him trying to get the box up onto the porch(门厅). It sounded 48 two or three people were trying to tear the house 49 . We came downstairs and turned on the 50 light. Rex was on the top step trying to pull the thing up, but it had 51somehow. And he was just holding his own(坚持着). I suppose he would have held his own 52 dawn if we hadn’t helped him. The next day we carried the box miles away and threw it out. If we had thrown it out in a 53 place, he would have brought it home again, as a small token(象征)of his strength in such matters. 54, he had been taught to carry heavy wooden objects about and he was 55 of his skill.小题1:A.FightingB.SwimmingC.BarkingD.Running小题2:A.funB.troubleC.dangerD.difficulty小题3:A.stopB..makeC.getD.have小题4:A.willB.doC.didD.would小题5:A.reminds B.warnsC.tellsD..suggests小题6:A.whichB.whileC.asD.when小题7:A.farB.longC.oldD.heavy小题8:A.couldB.canC.shouldD.would小题9:A.pricelessB.worthlessC.valuableD.important小题10:A.keptB.forgotC.deserted(遗弃)D.remained 小题11:A.becauseB.only
ifD.in case小题12:A.sawB.heardC.watchedD.caught小题13:A.likeB.thatC.as
ifD.at least小题14:A.upB.inC.awayD.down小题15:A.hallB.kitchenC.bedroomD.porch小题16:A.rolledB.stoppedC.caughtD.broken小题17:A.atB.beforeC.tillD.during小题18:A.distantB.nearbyC.silentD.busy小题19:A.In
allB.As a
resultC.At
lastD.After all小题20:A.proudB.tiredC.ashamedD.doubtful
When Charles Strattion was five, he stopped growing. His mother took him to see the famous showman, P.T.Barnum, and thought a small person would be the perfect addition to his show. He hired Charles’ parents along with him, and they traveled around the world together. He gave the two-foot-tall Charles a new name, general Tom Thumb. He taught Tom how to sing, dance, act, and tell jokes. When he felt Tom was ready to perform on stage, he made up ads. To stir up great interest, he said that Tom was eleven years old and had come from England.
During the show, Tom fought battles pretendedly with tall people. He also danced upon a wooden plate held by a person who was eight feet tall. Tom’s act was very popular and brought in a lot of money. By the time Tom was an adult, he had grown very rich. He had become a billionaire at the age of twenty-five. Fortunately for Tom, Mr. Barnum added more little people to his show, and Tom became lucky in love as well. One of the little people was Lavinia Warren, a school teacher. Tom was able to win her love, and they married. The ceremony and reception were the talk of the town. They were attended by many rich and famous people and by about two thousand guests. Crowds filled the streets of New York to have a look at their tiny wedding carriage. The couple even met with President Abraham Lincoln on their honeymoon, just before going to live in Tom’s house in Connecticut. Their wedding, which took place during the Civil War, provided a welcome escape from the sad problems of war. Not willing to let this bit of sunshine fade, communities throughout the country sponsored “Tom Thumb” weddings. In these weddings, small boys and girls, all dressed up, went through marriage ceremony for fun.小题1:“the talk of the town” means _________ .A.they were in the newspaperB.people spread mean rumors about themC.they were the most popular things happeningD.they were discussed in a city meeting小题2:What does the author think about Tom Thumb’s wedding?A.People gave it too much of their attention.B.It helped people cheer up in a dark time.C.It was funny and ridiculous.D.Tom and Lavinia were stupid.小题3:Which of the following is the best clue to the fact that Tom was smart?A.He became a billionaire at twenty-five.B.He learned how to sing, dance, and act at a very young age.C.He met with President Lincoln during his honeymoon.D.He married a school teacher.小题4: It was very funny when Tom danced on a wooden plate held by a person who was eight feet tall because ________ .A.the wooden plate would make it sound as if Tom were tap dancingB.it made Tom feel tallerC.the eight-foot-tall man was the only tall person Tom trustedD.the difference between them would make Tom look even smaller小题5:What does the author imply in the last paragraph? A.Weddings always make people feel full of sunshine.B.People are always disappointed during wartime.C.Entertainment can serve an important purpose.D.People should be married even if they are small.
Hundreds of people lined up at Grand Central Terminal yesterday, but theyweren’t there to catch a train. They came to New York City’s famous railroad station to trade in old dollar bills for the new George Washington Presidential苊1 coin.The gold-colored coin is the first in a new series by the U.S. Mint(造币厂)that honors former U.S. Presidents. The Mint will issue(发行) four Presidential苊1 coins a year through 2016. Like the popular 50 State Quarters program, which issues coins in the order in which each state joined the Union, Presidential苊1 coins will come out in the order in which each President served. The George Washington coin is the first to be released. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison coins will come out later this year.The Presidential 苊1 coins will be the same size and color as the Sacagawea Golden Dollar. However, there is an important difference. For the first time since the 1930s, there is an inscription(题字)on the edge of each coin. Each coin will show a different President on its face, or head side. It will also show the President’s name, the order in which he served and his years in office. The other side of the coin will show the Statue of Liberty and the inscriptions “United States of America” and “苊 1”.There will be one Presidential苊1 coin for each President, except Grover Cleveland. He will have two! Cleveland is the only U.S. President to have served two nonconsecutive(不连续的)terms.The last President scheduled to get a coin is Gerald Ford because a President must have been dead for two years before he can be on a coin.小题1: Why did people line up at the railway station?A.To book train tickets.B.To exchange money.C.To visit a coin show.D.To visit the station itself.小题2:In which order will the Presidential苊1 coins come out?A.Each state joined the Union.B.Each President was born.C.Each President took office.D.Each President died.小题3:It can be inferred from the passage that &&&&&&&&.A.there are no words on the Sacagawea Golden DollarB.the new coin can buy more than the old coinC.the new coin takes on a white colorD.the Sacagawea Golden Dollar is bigger小题4:Why will Grover Cleveland have two coins?A.He served longer than any other President.B.He is the most famous President in the U.S.C.He is the only one who has served two terms.D.He served two terms but not continuously.小题5:Which of the following could be the best title of the passage?A.Presidential苊1 coin issued.B.Different ways to honor Presidents.C.The differences between Presidential苊1 coin and other coins.D.Collections of old dollar bills.

我要回帖

更多关于 i met him a year ago 的文章

随机推荐