其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他1条回答
您可能关注的推广
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁Good news: More workers are quitting
Many Americans are stuck with stagnant wages, but Ben Baxter has scored a 31% pay hike since the end of 2011.
No, the 28-year-old Alabama resident didn't hypnotize his employer into giving him a raise. He didn't master a secret salary negotiating strategy either.
Baxter just felt confident enough about the economy to jump from job to job in order to boost his salary. He's quit six different engineering jobs since February 2013, including two positions since last summer.
"I tend to change jobs about every six to twelve months. It's the best way to increase salary," Baxter told CNNMoney.
The calculation is simple: It comes down to staying and getting a 1% raise or leaving and receiving a 10% boost, he said.
"Always have an out in your back pocket," said Baxter, who currently works as a quality engineer at an auto parts supplier.
Ben Baxter, 28, has quit six different engineering jobs since February 2013. He's currently a quality engineer at an auto parts supplier.
More quits = better economy: Baxter is part a growing trend of workers who are walking into their manager's office and saying, "I quit."
Nearly 2.8 million employees voluntarily quit their jobs in January, up 17% from the year before, according to the latest government statistics. The quit rate, which measures the number of quits as a percent of total employment, ticked up to 2% from 1.7%.
All regions of the country have experienced increased quits over the past year. Sectors seeing more voluntary terminations include professional and business services and the accommodation and food services industries.
Quitting stats provide a glimpse into workers' willingness and ability to leave their jobs and find better employment elsewhere. Hiring continues to pick up. Last year was the best for American job growth since 1999.
"If people are leaving, they are more confident and it signals a stronger jobs market," said Kevin Cummins, U.S. economist at UBS.
'Big jump' in salary: Mark Bivens is also feeling more confident about the market for his talents. The 29-year-old has quit three jobs over the past two years, including two in the last 12 months.
After working at PayPal for four years, he was recruited to join Edward Jones in March 2013 for a job with a substantial increase in salary.
He quit for a job with a slight decrease in pay a year later at Lincoln Financial. However, Bivens then scored another "big jump" in pay a few months later when he was recruited through LinkedIn (, ) to join Vendorin, an online electronic payment service for businesses.
"If there is something out there that I can find with more money and more responsibility, it makes sense to look around," said Bivens, who grew up in Alabama and currently works in Omaha, Nebraska.
Mark Bivens has landed big pay increases in part by accepting three different job offers over the past two years
Resume risks? People who work at more established companies like Edward Jones are not as open-minded about job hopping as those who work at younger companies like PayPal, Bivens said.
"At Edward Jones I was in the minority of people who kept their eyes open to look around," he said.
Of course, Bivens doesn't want a resume riddled with fleeting jobs that could scare off potential employers.
"I'm at the point at Vendorin where it would take a lot to take me away from there. I'm in a good place," Bivens said.
Wage hikes coming? Other workers might benefit from the job-hopping stories of Baxter and Bivens. Even if you aren't ready to leave a job yourself, the fact that more people are voluntarily quitting serves as a wake-up call to employers.
When the quit rate starts to rise, wage growth tends to follow.
It makes sense: If companies are losing talented employees to competitors who are willing to pay more, they will be forced to increase salaries of current workers. That would be a very positive development for the economy.
"It's definitely been the missing ingredient," Cummins said.A few days ago, we discussed my two favorite .
But today, we’re bringing you my two top undervalued outfielders for this season, as I think people aren’t paying enough attention to these two characters.
There’s an interesting irony surrounding the two players I chose today, and I think you’ll pick up on it pretty quick.
Undervalued Outfielders for 2015
This “More-For-Your-Money Series” is meant to help you find good players at cheap prices.
Shin-Soo Choo, OF, Texas
Choo was plagued with both elbow and ankle injuries in 2014 and it clearly impacted his performance. It sounds like the injuries both occurred in April, so he played hurt the entire year, finally shutting it down in late August. His batting average and stolen bases took the biggest brunt of the injuries.
It appears that he is now healthy, however. His batting average should recover, aided by a return to his career BABIP of .345. This will result in him being on base more, which should lead to more stolen-base opportunities. The increase in K% needs to be watched to determine if it was due to the injuries or career decline.
Most of his batted ball data was in line with career norms. Ankle injuries would clearly affect your ability to run and steal bases. With a clean bill of health and a full season, Choo should approach his 20/20 seasons of the past.
A healthy Rangers lineup will also provide a boost to his runs total, as he will be on base more often than last year.
His early ADP according the
is the 46th outfielder and 168th Fantasy player overall.
I forecast a top 30 OF season with projections of 90 R, 18 HR, 60 RBI, 18 SB and a .275 batting average.
Alex Rios, OF, Kansas City
On the surface, Rios had a poor 2014. Injuries cost him 30 games, plus he appeared to have played injured for roughly another 30 games. He first got hurt on July 19, and finally shut it down in early September. The constant stream of injuries to his other fellow Rangers also negatively affected his numbers.
However, there is room for optimism.
Despite the disappearance of HR, he still managed 30 doubles and 8 triples, proving there is still some pop in his bat.
He also maintained a solid batting average.
As you can see, the lack of homers seems to be driven by an extremely unlucky HR/FB% of sub 3%.
from Texas is not a plus in terms of park factors, however, it is relatively minor.
According to ESPN park factors, Arlington ranked 17th in terms of HRs and Kauffman ranked 22nd. The move to K.C. should be very supportive of his SB totals, as we all saw how much the Royals love “small ball” on their improbable run to the World Series last year.
His early ADP according to
is the 47th OF and 171st overall.
I also forecast a top-30 OF season with projections of 75 R, 15 HR, 75 RBI, 25 SB and a .280 batting average.
As was the case with my undervalued infielders, both Choo and Rios have the risk of returning from injuries. However, this is also the reason that there is an opportunity to buy an asset at a discount. The power/speed combo of these outfielders will produce solid OF3 numbers at an OF5 price.
Data contained in all the charts courtesy of
Shin-Soo Choo Photo Credit:
Follow MeWriter at Fabian Taylor lives in Vancouver, BC. In his previous life, he traded natural gas for a couple firms in Calgary. He now trades stocks, bonds, and commodities out of a float home office. Family, finance and Fantasy Sports -- Is there anything else?
Follow MeLatest posts by Fabian Taylor ()
- October 23, 2015
- October 2, 2015
- September 25, 2015
Related Posts
Welcome to Week 9 everyone! It is finally time to...
The SCFE early Fantasy Baseball Rankings kick off at catcher,...
Having lived in the Baltimore, Chicago and Philadelphia markets, I...
Welcome to the byezilla. This week there are a whopping...
An analysis of Fantasy Basketball waiver wire targets after the...
Back again for a big Friday slate and Daily Fantasy...
Email Address
Email Format
Welcome to the Week 3 Fantasy Basketball Preview. If you...
Welcome to Week 9 everyone! It is finally time...
The SCFE early Fantasy Baseball Rankings kick off at...
Having lived in the Baltimore, Chicago and Philadelphia markets,...
The on-rushing train that is Daily Fantasy Baseball has...
*Platoon Splits Updated 6/18/2015 Also check out 70 Hitters...
From the World Series to a worldwide web series!...
Doug Anderson uses platoon splits to identify 70 hitters...2015money more more !什么意思?_百度知道
2015money more more !什么意思?
我有更好的答案
2015年,票子多多。
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁

我要回帖

更多关于 nevermore什么意思 的文章

随机推荐