完形填空专项训练i heard a click

小题1:D小题2:B小题3:A小题4:B略
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
读下面短文,从短文后面各题的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出适合填入对应空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Every summer a great many students travel to other countries looking for work and adventure. Most of the &&&26&&&&&&&&are in seasonal work, mainly connected with wourism and &&&27&&&&&&&&&The pay is usually poor, but most people work abroad for the &&&&28&&&&of travel. You can pick grapes on farms in France, entertain kids on American summer camps, and, of course, there are &29&&&&jobs in hotels and restaurants. But it is not easy now to find work. “&&& 30&&&you speak the language of the country well, there will be very few openings,” says Althea Ellis, an adviser in &&&&31&&&&&&&for students.“If you work with a family in Italy, you’ll have to speak Italian. When you wash dishes in a restaurant in Pairs, the owner will expect you to speak &&32&&&&. British students only have a language &&&&33&&&&&for jobs in the USA and Australia.”&&&&34&&&&&enjoys the experience. Sarah James was employed to help forty American children in Europe. The two teachers with the children had never been &&&&35&&&&&.One chi another became seriously ill and was &&&&&36&&&&&& the whole group was thrown out of one hotel because of the &&&&&37&&&&&&they made, and what’s worse, Sarah herself was robbed on her only &&&38&&&&evening of the entire trip. “ I did visit a lot of new places,” she says,“ but it wasn’t worth it. The pay was &&&&39&&&&&and it really was a 24-hour-a-day job. The kids never slept!”“The troubles is, students expect to have a(n) &&&&40&&&&time of it.” Althea Ellis points out. “After all, they see it as a &&&41&&&&&.In practice, &&&&42&&&&&&,you have to work hard. At the same time, all vacation work is casual (临时的) work. You’ll have a job when the hotel, the restaurant, or the campsite is busy. In the other words, you’ll work if it’s convenient for the company that &&&&43&&&&you. But you have &&&&&44&&&&employment rights. As soon as the holiday season &&&&&45&&&&&,they’ll get rid of you.”小题1:A.worksB.challengesC.changes D.hardships小题2:A.serviceB.industryC.businessD.science小题3:A.painsB.comfortC.difficultyD.excitement小题4:A.alwaysB.hardlyC.neverD.seldsom小题5:A.If B.UnlessC.BecauseD.Although小题6:A.health careB.vacation workC.language studiesD.tourist safely小题7:A.ItalianB.EnglishC.FrenchD.Spanish小题8:A.chanceB.abilityC.possibilityD.advantage小题9:A.No oneB.NoneC.Not everyoneD.Everybody小题10:A.abroadB.employedC.sadD.respected小题11:A.drivenB.riddenC.leftD.flown小题12:A.friendsB.decisionsC.noise D.destruction小题13:A.busyB.freeC.tiringD.pleasant小题14:A.niceB.reasonableC.fairD.poor小题15:A.hardB.easyC.difficultD.ordinary小题16:A.holidayB.jobC.festivalD.study小题17:A.besidesB.thereforeC.howeverD.meanwhile小题18:A.firesB.employsC.recommendsD.appreciants小题19:A.fewB.littleC.allD.much小题20:A.startsB.lastsC.approachesD.finishes
题型:阅读理解
Three surfers rushed to save a man’s life after he was left drifting on a notorious stretch of water.The men stayed with Greg Popple for 30 minutes and had to be rescued themselves by helicopter as the drama unfolded. The 45-year-old had floated out on a body board near Hutchwns Point at 8:30 am. He found himself in trouble about half-a-mile from the shore and dangerously close to rocks. Surfers Graig Evans, 31, Robert Miles, 19, and Owain Daviees, 23, were risking their own safety to keep him floating for 30 minutes. Luckily a passer-by noticed what was going on and raised the alarm. Porthcawl Coastguard, Porthcaw Lifeboat and an RAF helicopter all took part in the rescue. “The man who got into trouble was a body boarder-there was a big tide where he was,” said Joe Missen. “Three other surfers spotted he was in difficulty and he was going down. They kept him afloat because he was in a state of shock and out of energy. If Mr. Popple was closer to the rocks, it could have been a lot worse, but they managed to keep him from harm”.Mr. Missen’s mum Alison, also part of the rescue team, said, “That part of the water is notorious for taking people out to nowhere”.The three men had clocked off a night shift at Ford Motor Company shortly before the incident. “I headed straight down to the beach for a surf, when I saw him flailing(挥动). We just swam straight out to him and kept him calm while the help came”.The four men were taken to the life boat house to recover, without injuries. 61. What would be the best title for the text?A.Three Men to Be Praised&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B Notorious Place for SurfersC.Surfers Rescue Man Caught in Tide&&&&&&&&&& D.Greg Popple-a Lucky Dog62. The helicopter came up at the request of ________.A.Greg Popple&&&&&&&& B. Craig Evans&&&&&&& C. Robert Miles&&&&&&&&& D. a passer-by63. About the incident, we know that ______. A.Mr. Popple moved difficulty for loss of energyB.The three men were badly injured C.Mr. Popple’mum was also in the rescue teamD.Mr. Davies was going to work that morning64. According to the text, what was the most important thing to do for the three men?A.Keeping him farther away from the rocks.&&&&&& B.Keeping Mr Popple swimming in the sea.C.Asking him to have a good rest.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Keeping him floating everywhere.65. What may the style of this passage be?A.A story.&&&&&&&&& B. A news report.&&&&&&&&& C. A poster.&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. An advertisement.
The year was 1932. Amelia Earhart was flying alone from North America to England in a small single—engined aeroplane. At midnight, several hours after she had left Newfoundland, she ran into bad weather. To make things worse, her altimeter (高度表) failed and she didn't know how high she was flying. At night, and in a storm, a pilot is in great difficulty without an altimeter. At times, her plane nearly plunged (冲) into the sea. Just before dawn, there was further trouble. Amelia noticed flames (火焰) coming from the engine. Would she be able to reach land? There was nothing to do except to keep going and to hope. In the end, Amelia Earhart did reach Ireland, and for the courage she had shown, she was warmly welcomed in England and Europe. When she returned to the United States, she was honored by President Hoover at a special dinner in the White House. From that time on, Amelia Earhart was famous. What was so important about her flight? Amelia Earhart was the first woman to fly the Atlantic Ocean alone, and she had set a record of fourteen hours and fifty—six minutes. In the years that followed, Amelia Earhart made several flights across the United States, and on each occasion (时刻) she set a new record for flying time. Amelia Earhart made these flights to show that women had a place in aviation (航空) and that air travel was useful.71. Which of the following statements is NOT the difficulty which Amelia Earhart met in her flight from north America to
England? A. She was caught in a storm.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. The altimeter went out of order. C. Her engine went wrong.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. She lost her direction.72. When Amelia Earhart saw flames coming from the engine, what did she do? A. She did nothing but pray for herself.B. She changed her direction and landed in Ireland. C. She continued flying. D. She lost hope of reaching land.73. According to the passage, what was Amelia Earhart’s reason for making her flights? A. To set a new record for flying time. B. To be the first woman to fly around the world. C. To show that aviation was not just for men. D. To become famous in the world.74. Which of the following statements was NOT mentioned? A. She was the first woman who succeeded in flying across the Atlantic Ocean alone. B. She showed great courage in overcoming the difficulties during the flight. C She was warmly welcomed in England, Europe and the United States. D. She made plans to fly around the world.75. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage? A. Amelia Earhart—First Across the Atlantic. B. Amelia Earhart—Pioneer in Women’s Aviation. C. A New Record for Flying Time. D. A Dangerous Flight from North America to England.
I realized that I was getting cold, and felt it was probably time to go back to the apartment, so I put my collar up against the wind and began to walk back up the cold street. I managed to get some food from a vendor(小贩), and walked on. About twenty-five minutes later I knew that something was wrong. It was getting very, very cold, there were no streetlights, and the hill I was hoping to see on my right was nowhere in sight.& There was almost no light except for mysterious red crosses shining from the tops of churches, and I was beginning to get worried.& To cut a long story short, I had walked the wrong way from a crossroads, and had wandered miles in the wrong direction. My head was aching from the cold, and I couldn’t think straight. Turing around, I started back, and a long time later was outside the house I had set off from. It was at about that time I realized that I had a gate key but no house key.& How happy I was when I found that the front door was open—my only piece of good luck that day.& My apartment was of course locked, my head felt like it was about to explode, and my hands and feet were freezing. I tried turning the handle.& No luck.& I tried another key from England.& I wanted to avoid waking the family downstairs, so despite the fear of an early death from cold, I couldn’t break the door down.& What would my hosts think? I pulled an ATM card from my pocket and forced it alongside the inside of the lock. I didn’t think it would work, but after fifteen minutes of trying, I heard a click.& Another couple of minutes later the door was open.& Relieved, I took off my clothes in the dark and got into bed. 小题1:The purpose of the passage is mainly to &&&&&&&&&&&. A.tell us how difficult it is living abroadB.show us how terrible the weather wasC.tell us an unusual experience abroadD.show us how afraid the author was小题2: What made the author find he had walked the wrong way?A.He didn’t see the house. B.A vendor reminded him. C.The street name reminded him. D.He didn’t see the hill.小题3:What can we learn from the passage?A.The front door was closed. B.The house had many locks. C.The author woke the hosts. D.The author came from England.小题4:From the passage we can infer that the author was &&&&&&&&&&&. A.carefulB.carelessC.excitedD.annoying
第二部分:阅读理解(共两节;满分35 分)&&第一节:(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下面四篇短文,从每小题后的A,B,C,D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。WASHINGTON -Tofu(豆腐)and Soyaburgers (豆饼) may be coming to American school lunch menus. What will the kids say? “Terrible,” said Greg Dudzinski, 17, of Ripon High School in Wisconsin, as he toured the US capital.“The regular hamburgers are bad enough, so soyaburgers would be a lot worse, offered Zach Richey, 13, of Scottsboro Junior High in Alabama, another tourist. But the United States government – hoping to reduce the amount of fat that children are eating –has approved the use of soy as a meat substitute in meals for schools and day-care centers.Not all kids dislike the change. Mariel Spano, 17, of sandy Greek High School in New York, also visiting the capital, said she likes soyaburgers:“There is less fat, and they are better for you… They taste the same, and they are just as good.”The government tried to make soy a meat substitute nearly 20 years ago, but later dropped the idea.At the time, the plan was intended as a cost-cutting move. US Agriculture Department officials say that their purpose now is only to make meals healthier.Schools are likely to increase the amount of soy that is mixed with hamburgers and other foods already on their menus, and they will also be looking for food companies to develop new soy products that children will like. “I can’t see putting tofu on a student’s plate and having a good acceptance. I can see taking a product that is familiar to the students and adding a large amount of soy to it and having it to be acceptable,” said Jill Benza, director of food services for the Mesa, Arizona schools.36.What is the newspaper report mainly about? A.The difficulty in using soy products for US schools.B.Various opinions on soy products for US schools. C.The plan that is made by the US government for school lunch. D.Healthy foods for students in US schools.37.Where did the interviews most probably take place? A.In food companies.&&&&&&&&&&& B.In schools. C.In Washington.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.In some other states.38.We may learn from the text that _________________________. A.soyaburgers taste better than hamburgers.&&& B.hamburgers are healthier than soyaburgers. C.soyaburgers cost less than hamburgers.&&&& D.hamburgers cost less than soyaburgers. 39. What Jill Benza said shows that ___________________________. A.students have not yet been used to soy products. B.it is hardly possible to make soy products popular. C.he does not like the change in meals for students. D.schools are unwilling to change the lunch menus.
What do you think of British people and American people? You might think that there are no differences between the people in the two countries. After all they speak the same language, don't they? But if you ask a British or an American person, the differences are quite great.
What do British people think Americans are like? The British think Americans are very strange. They make a lot of noise and they laugh too loudly. They are rich, and they only think about money. But the British do say that Americans are kind, friendly people. They are happy to help you if you are in trouble.
What do Americans think of the British? Well, they think the British are cold and very unfriendly. They are not interested in success or in making lots of money. They think Britain is the best country in the world. They look down upon other countries. But Americans say that the British are quite good workers. They are brave and honest. And in time of trouble they face difficulties happily.
You can see that these ideas can cause misunderstanding between the British and Americans. But when American and British people become friends, they usually find things are not as bad as they expected. 根据文章内容,选择正确答案:74. What do you think of the differences between British and American people?
A. Their differences are very small.
B. The differences are very great.
C. There are no differences between them.
D. Some people think there are, but some people don’t think so. 75. What do the British think Americans are like?
A. They are strange but friendly. B. They are poor.
C. They are rich but unfriendly.&&D. They are happy in trouble. 76. The American and British people usually get along quite well ____.
A. when misunderstanding is caused between them
B. once they become friends
C. after they fight
D. when they help each other
题型:完形填空
Ⅲ、完形填空(15分)From Monday to Friday most people are busy working or studying,but in the evenings and weekends they are free and&&& 31&&& themselves.Some watch television or go to the movies,others&&& 32&&& sports.This is decided by their own&&&& 33&&& .There are many different ways to spend our&&& 34&&& time.Almost everyone has some kind of&&& 35&&& :it may be something from collecting stamps to&&& 36&&& model planes.Some hobbies are very&&& 37&&&,but others don’t cost anything at all. Some collections(收藏) are worth&&& 38&&& of money, others are valuable(有价值的) only to their owners.I know a man who has a coin collection worth several&&& 39&&& dollars. A short time ago he bought a rare(罕见的)fifty-cent piece which&&& 40&&& him 250 dollars. He was very happy about his collection and thought the price was all right. On the other hand, my youngest brother collects match boxes. He has almost 600 of them, but I wonder&&& 41&&& they are worth any money. However,&& 42&&& my brother they are quite valuable.&& 43&&& makes him happier than to find a new match box for his collection.That’s&&& 44&&& a hobby means, I think. It is something we like to do in our free time just for the fun of it. The value in dollars is not important,&& 45&& the pleasure it gives us is.31. A. love&&&&&&&&&& B. work&&&&&&&& C. enjoy&&&&&&&& D. play 32. A. look like&&&&&& B. take care of&& C. think about&&&& D. take part in 33. A. lives&&&&&&&&& B. interests&&&&& C. jobs&&&&&&&&&& D. things 34.A. working&&&&&& B. free&&&&&&&& C. own&&&&&&&&&& D. whole35 .A. hobby&&&&&&& B. thing&&&&&& C. job&&&&&&&&&&&& D. way36 .A. make&&&&&&&& B. making&&&& C. makes&&&&&&&& D. made37.A. interesting&&&& B. exciting&&&& C. cheap&&&&&&&&D. expensive38 .A. a little&&&&&&& B. a few&&&&&& C. a lot&&&&&&&&&& D. a number39 .A. thousand&&&& B. thousands&& C. thousands of&& D. thousand of 40.A. paid&&&&&&&&& B. cost&&&&&&&& C. took&&&&&&&&& D. spent 41 .A. that&&&&&&&&& B. if&&&&&&&&&&& C. what&&&&&&&& D. why 42 .A. to&&&&&&&&&&& B. on&&&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&&&&& D. in 43 .A. Everything&&& B. Anything&&&& C. Nothing&&&&&& D. Something44 .A. where&&&&&&& B. how&&&&&&&& C. what&&&&&&&& D. why 45.A. so&&&&&&&&&&& B. but&&&&&&&&& C. because&&&&& D. as
To be concerned with proper child development is to be concerned about making sure that children have daily access to both mothers’ and fathers’ parenting. If Heather is being raised by two mommies and Brandon is being raised by Daddy and his new husband-roommate, Heather and Brandon might have two adults in their lives, but& they are being deprived of the benefits found in the unique influences found in a mother and father’s differing parenting styles. Much of the value mothers and fathers bring to their children is due to the fact that mothers and fathers are different. And by cooperating together and complementing each other in their differences, they provide these good things that same-sex caregivers cannot. The important value of these gender-based differences in healthy child-development will be explored here.
The fathering difference is explained by fathering scholar Dr. Kyle Pruett of Yale Medical School in his book Fatherneed: Why Father Care is as Essential as Mother Care for Your Child. Pruett says dads matter simply because “fathers do not mother.” A father, as a male parent, brings unique contributions to the job of parenting that a mother cannot.
Likewise, a mother, as a female parent, uniquely impacts the life and development of her child, as Dr. Brenda Hunter explains in her book, The Power of Mother Love: Transforming Both Mother and Child. Erik Erikson explained that father love and mother love are qualitatively different kinds of love. Fathers love more dangerously because their love is more expectant than a mother’s love. Dr. Pruett also explains that fathers have a clear style of communication with children. Babuism by 8 weeks, can tell the difference between a male or female communicating with& them. Stanford psychologist Eleanor Maccoby, in her book The Two Sexes, explains mothers and fathers respond differently to babies. Mothers are more likely to provide warm care for a envying baby. Whether they realize it or not, children are learning at earliest age that men and women are different and have different ways of dealing with life, other adults and their children.58.This passage is mainly about___________.A.three experts’ differen t argumentsB.the introductions to the three famous booksC.mothers and fathers’ different parenting stylesD.the value of parents’ parenting in healthy child-development 59.Which can replace the underlined phrase “deprived of” in Para. 2?A.provided&&&&B.kept&&&&&&C.taken away&&&&&D.turned down60.Which of the following about Dr. Pruett is TRUE?A.He thinks fathers make more contribution to the job of parenting than mothers.B.He thinks fathers have better communication with children than mothers.C.He thinks same – set caregivers cannot bring children good things.D.He thinks children need father care as well as mother card.

我要回帖

更多关于 完形填空解题技巧 的文章

随机推荐