求详细求解答网

求详细解答:阅读理解。_百度知道
求详细解答:阅读理解。
&&&& Around twenty years ago I was-living in Seattle and going through hard times. could not find a satisfying job"and I found this especially difficult as I had a lot of experience and a Master's degree.
&&&& To my shame I. was driving a school bus "to make ends meet (收支平衡) and living with friends. I had been through five interviews with a company and one day between bus runs they called to say I did not get the job.
&&&& Later that afternoon, while doing my rounds (班勤) through a quiet neighborhood I had an internal (inside) wave-like a scream (尖叫) come upfrom deep inside me and I thought "Why has my life become so hard?"
&&&& Immediately after tbis internal scream I pulled the bus over to drop off a little girl and as she passed she handed me an earring saying I should keep it in case somebody looked for it. The earring was stamped with words' BE HAPPY'. At first I got angry. Then it hit me. I had been putting all of my energies into what was wrong with my life rather than what was right! I decided then and there to make a list of 50 things I was
thankful to.
&&&& At first/t was hard, and then it got easier. One day I decided to up it to 75. That night there was a phone call for me, asking if I would do a one-day training for 200hospital workers. I said yes and got the job.
&&&& My day with the hospital workers went very well. I got a standing welcome and many more days of work.
&&&& To this day I KNOW that it was because I changed my attitude' (态度) to gratitude.
&&&& By chance, the day after I found the earring the girl asked me if anyone had looked for it. I told her no
and she snid"I guess it was meant for you then."
&&&& I spent the next year doing training, workshops all around the Seattle area and then decided to risk
everything and go back to Scotland where I had lived Before. I closed my one man business and bought a plane ticket. One month later I met-my wonderful English wife and best friend of 15 years now. We live in
a small heautiful house in Scotland.
&&&& 'THE ONLY ATTITUDE IS
GRATITUDE'
has been my motto (座右铭) for years now and yes, it
completely changed my life.
1. What does the underlined word it mean?
A. To make a list of things he was thankful to
B. The words "BE HAPPY"
C. To forget that his life became so hard
D. The special earring the girl gave to the writer
2. The underlined word gratitude means being _____.
A. thankful B. open
C. careful D. kind
3. Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage?
A. The writer made a list of 75 things he was Thankful to B. The writer's wife has been his best friend for 15 years. C. The writer has lived in Seattle since 20 years ago. D. The writer did the training for 200 hospital workers.
4. What would be the best title for the passage?
A. Attitude and Behavior.
B. The Girl and I.
C. Be Happy.
D. The Earring.
我有更好的答案
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
阅读理解的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁求详细解答:开心阅读岛。   _百度知道
求详细解答:开心阅读岛。   
开心阅读岛。   “做一个中国人光荣得很”有英雄就有懦夫,有爱国者就有卖国者。有一些人虽然是中国人,却认为中国处处不如外国,在外国人面前挺不起腰杆,甚至说“外国的月亮也比中国的圆”。抗日名将吉鸿昌对祖国有深厚的情感,在民族危亡的时刻挺身而出,率军抵抗日本的侵略。他在外国人面前,也表现出了豪迈的气概。   有一年,吉鸿昌被国民党政府派到美国去考察。一天,他到邮局寄包裹。美国的一个邮局工作人员听他说是中国人,就嘲笑说:“中国?我可不知道什么中国!”吉鸿昌听了,十分生气。可陪同他的一个使馆人员对他说:“你何必说是中国人呢?说是日本人,他对你的态度就会好了。”   吉鸿昌顿时感到受了侮辱。他想:我们中国是历史悠久的文明古国、大国,为什么连是中国人都不敢说呢?他对这个使馆人员说:“你觉得做中国人丢脸吗?不光彩吗?我倒觉得做一个中国人光荣得很!我誓死不当崇洋媚外的洋奴!”   他回到住处,找来一块木牌,在上面工工整整写了“____________”几个字,然后挂在胸前,昂头挺胸地走在大街上。当美国人惊奇地注视他的时候,他心中十分自豪。吉鸿昌不愧是真正的中国人。 1.联系上下文理解词语。 崇洋媚外:_______________________________________________ 2.吉鸿昌会在木牌上写什么?请你将短文中横线部分的内容补充完整。 3.概括本文的主要内容:_________________________________________ 4.为什么说“吉鸿昌不愧是真正的中国人”? ________________________________________________________________
我有更好的答案
1.崇拜外国的东西,对外国人奉承巴结。 2.我是中国人 3.吉鸿昌在美国考察时,一个美国邮局工作人员嘲笑他是中国人,陪同的使馆人员也劝他别说自己是中国人。吉鸿昌愤然找来一块木牌,写下“我是中国人”几个字,并挂在胸前走在大街上,为自己是中国人而自豪。 4.吉鸿昌不崇洋媚外,时刻以自己是中国人为荣,是一名堂堂正正的中国人。 (意思对即可)
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁求详细解答:阅读理解。_百度知道
求详细解答:阅读理解。
&&&& There are some stories behind English words.
&&&& You've spent a lot of time studying how to use English in a proper way. But have you ever wondered
why English speakers say some of the things they say? For example, why do they say "an easy task" is "a
piece of cake"? Why do the two letters "OK" means "all right"?
&&&& Many English words and phrases have stories behind them. Sometimes these stories can help us look
back into old western history. Let's take a look at a few of the original * common English words and phrases: &&&& &OK
&&&& "OK" was an American who lived in the 19th century. His name was "Old Kinderhook". In one year he was
trying to take the place of the leader of his town. His supporters went around the town shouting" OK \ OK \"
The supporters thought their future leader was" all right". The expression caught on, and now if something is "all right", people like to say"OK"
&&&& Is your boss nice to you? If not, just be glad you weren't living in the old times. Back to that time, bosses
could do anything bad to their men and could even beat* them! That explains why the word "boss" comes from
an old German word meaning"to beat".
&&&& A piece of cake
&&&& A famous American writer named Ogden Nash lived in the 1930s. Many readers enjoyed his poems and
wrote them down in their notebooks. In one of his poems, Nash wrote," Her picture's in the papers now, and
life's a piece of cake." His readers found these words interesting and quickly wrote them down. They thought
that if one picture in a newspaper could make you famous, wouldn't life be easy?
&&&& For nearly 70 years, "a piece of cake" has meant any task or activity that is easy.
1. Some of English words can tell us stories about _________.
A. how people learned English
B. how English speakers create the words
C. how people spoke English
D. how people taught others to speak English
2. The word "boss" in old German means"_________".
A. to work
B. to help
C. to beat
D. to kill
3. "OK" comes from "_________".
A. Old King
B. Old Kindman
C. Old Kinderhook
D. Old Mcdonald
4. In this passage "a piece of cake" means "_________".
A. an easy task or activity
B. a difficult task or activity
C. a simple newspaper to read
D. a famous picture in a newspaper
我有更好的答案
1-4&&&&&&&& BCCA
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
阅读理解的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询