老师在吗?请问what made me so moved 中的what改成了which为什么呢肖飞?

— What made Alice so upset?— _____.
A. Peter"s leaving without saying goodbye B. Peter left without saying goodbye C. Peter was leaving without saying goodbye D. Peter had left without saying goodbye
阅读下文,完成小题(26分)人能感动,就能幸福
赵捷?“感动无处不在,仿佛泉水,是滋养生命的。但是,我们却匆匆走过,忍受着干渴。”  ?每天上班,我都要在北大东门过斑马线,再往东走到单位。多数时候,都是刚到路口,人行横道的红灯就亮起来,我只有等待。那天也一样,只是我偶然回了一下头。我忽然看到北大校园扩建工地围墙边被留存下来的两棵老柳树,那巨大的绿色树冠在朝阳下闪着熠熠的光泽,随着微风荡漾着,美到极致。  ?那一刻,一种感动深深
C.感染 D.笼罩)了我。无异于多年以前,在某个路口突然看到我单恋的男孩的身影。整整一天,我都感到莫名喜悦。一个很平常不过的日子,仿佛也被早晨的感动镀上了金边。 ?那天晚上,我在日记中写道:“本是匆忙上班时一次难耐的红灯,偶然的回头,给我的竟然是一整天的幸福,甚至是一生中任何时候对柳树的回忆重复唤起的幸福感觉。” ?自从我家保姆走后,我的生活就是白班加夜班。每个夜晚总要醒来数次给三岁的儿子盖被子、把尿。有一天夜里,他突然挣脱我,在迷迷糊糊中大叫:“我自己来,我自己来。”然后,跑到马桶边,吃力地踮着小脚尖,很快小便完了回到自己的被窝里立刻又呼呼大睡了。我却一下子清醒起来,感动于儿子的生命历程又发生了质的变化。黑夜里的我,心花怒放。 ?有一天和台湾佛光大学原校长龚鹏程先生在北京的西餐厅聊天,他讲到他在台湾的时候,看到一个小孩背着另外一个小小孩在乞讨。他心中悲悯,就给了孩子一张大额的钞票。走了好远,他被人叫住了,回头一天是那两个乞讨的孩子。孩子见他回身,立刻跪到地上给他磕头。龚先生说,那一刻,他眼睛湿润了,一个小孩和他背上的小小孩在他面前磕头的样子令他终身难以忘怀。?听龚先生说着,我的眼泪止不住就下来了。我想,当我没有孩子的时候,这个世界只是一个xīxīrǎngrǎng
的世界,我只是其中的一粒尘埃。但是,当我成为一个母亲,听到这样的故事的时候,我心中的感动就像暮色苍茫无边无际,世界在我心中就变成一个需要我去做一点清扫的房间了。我很感激龚先生传递给我的这份感动让我获得了瞬间的成长。 ?在这个世界上有时心累,有时身累,有时候,人生仿佛就是天涯苦旅。但是,头顶的鸽哨突然掠过,让人顿感一丝惊喜,这就是感动不期然的来临。感动,仿佛纯棉呵护我们的身心,让我们常住在体贴入微的幸福家园之中。无论是⑴看到幸存柳树的自然之美、
,都是我在感动之花开放的枝桠,采摘到的幸福的果实。 ?人能感动,就能幸福。小题1:(1)在第?段的横线上根据拼音写出汉字。xīxīrǎngrǎng
(2分)(2)第?段画线句运用了
的修辞,其表达效果是
(3分)小题2:根据文意,为第?段横线处选择一个最恰当的词语,并说说选择的理由。(3分)
小题3: 第?段末尾写道,“那一刻,他眼睛湿润了,一个小孩和他背上的小小孩在他面前磕头的样子令他终身难以忘怀”。请简要分析那一刻,龚先生的心情。(4分)?
小题4:细读全文,概括作者感动的三件事,填写在第?段的横线上。(4分)看到幸存柳树的自然之美
。小题5:以下理解和本文写作意图最不符的一项是(
) (2分)
A.感动能给人喜悦,也让人成长。
B.幸福往往是通过对感动的体悟而获得。
C.人生是天涯苦旅,一个人只有感动,才能幸福。
D.感动有时是幸福的前提。
小题6:细读第一段,用80字谈谈你的理解和感悟。(80字)(8分)
阅读下面现代文,完成小题(22分)他是一片温暖的湖泊
(张守仁)①我和汪老曾有较多的接触,时间最长的一次是1991年4月红塔山笔会期间,俩人共住一室达半个月之久,我面对面地向他学到了许多东西,终身难忘。②汪老对我说:写作就是写语言。一篇作品的语言,好比河中的流水,切不断,割不开,互相融合,牵一发而动全身。所以他年轻时写的作品都能背出来,因为作品的语言有内在的节奏和韵律。记得《沙家浜》剧本在传阅过程中,有一场戏的稿子丢失了,团里领导和打字员急得团团转。汪老安慰他们,叫他们放心,不要着急。然后,他坐在打字机旁,将这场戏从第一个字一直背到了最后一个字。③汪老说:要随时随地注意用文学语言描写你所见到的生活现象。他下放到张家口劳动住羊舍时,外面有一带树墙,夜班火车驶过时,车窗里的灯光一一照射在树墙上。怎样描述这种现象呢?他在《羊舍一夕》中是这样写的:“车窗蜜黄的灯光,一一照在树墙上,一方块,一方块,川流不息地追赶着……你总觉得刮下满地枝叶来似的……”“刮”字,表示火车灯光的力度和速度。④汪曾祺到美国做访问学者时,在哈佛大学、耶鲁大学演讲的题目就是《中国文学的语言问题》,由此可见他对文学语言的重视。⑤我喜欢写散文,利用深夜长谈的机会,向汪老请教写散文的经验。他告诉我:写散文应克制,要像画画似的留白。有的散文家的作品像一团火,熊熊燃烧,但看完觉得空空洞洞,留不下什么印象。写散文需要阅历,没有坎坷,没有痛苦,便写不出好文章。散文不能落入俗套,切忌拿腔拿调。所以,他一直希望把散文写得平易自然,写得平淡一点,像家常话,亲切、朴素;当然也可以工笔、繁密,如何其芳的《画梦录》,别有风采,像一丛秾丽的花,“但这样的散文,我写不出来。”⑥有一次我对汪老说:“我不是京剧迷,但对您执笔写的《沙家浜o智斗》中阿庆嫂的那段唱词特别欣赏,即:‘垒起七星灶,铜壶煮三江,摆开八仙桌,招待十六方。来的都是客,全凭嘴一张。’”汪老手里夹了一支烟,凑到嘴边猛吸一口,笑道:“你对这段唱词别太认真,我在那里搞了一组数字游戏。‘铜壶煮三江’,是受到苏东坡诗词的启发。‘人一走,茶就凉’,也是数字概念,它表示零。”⑦我说:“没有诗词修养,古文功底,是写不出这段唱词的。”于是,他回忆起自己的童年:他的祖父汪嘉勋是清朝末年的拔贡,从小就督促他握笔描红,背古文。到了小学五年级,祖父亲自给他讲《论语》,叫他多练毛笔字。祖父说:“你要耐心,把基础打好了,够你受用一辈子。”汪老说:“我13岁那年写了一篇八股文,祖父见了叹息道,‘如果在清朝,你完全可以中一个秀才。’祖父见我有了长进,就送我几本名贵的碑帖和一方紫色端砚。”⑧在南国的那些春夜里,汪老跟我畅谈西南联大。谈在张家口时农科所叫他画土豆和马铃薯花,画成了一部《中国马铃薯图谱》,可惜没有像沈从文的《中国古代服饰研究》一样留传下来。那部《画谱》的原稿在“文革”中被毁掉了,他十分遗憾。⑨有一天到了大理,我们在下关市游了洱海,参观了蝴蝶泉,晚上看了大理白族歌舞团演出的三道茶歌舞晚会。回到宾馆就寝,汪老把头靠在床栏上,颇为得意地对我说:“小张,你知道吗,我之所以写这几篇论述烹饪的文章,是因为我是《中国烹饪》杂志的特约撰稿人。要当一个名厨,必须有丰富的想象力,不能墨守成规,要不断创新,创造出新菜、新味来。照着菜谱做菜,绝没有出息。”⑩汪老是美食家。一路上他坐到哪一桌吃饭,大家便众星捧月似的围着他,跟到哪一桌;他爱吃什么菜,大家跟着吃,很快那盆菜就吃得精光。(11)经过那次笔会,我和汪老互相熟悉了起来,他把出版的《蒲桥集》签上名送给我,还写了一首七言诗,叫我去拿。记得前两句是“独有慧心分品格,不随俗眼看文章”。(12)汪老的诗好,画好,文好。他不仅古诗写得好,白话诗也极有味道。但就是因为一首新诗《早春》,给他带来了灾难。(13)1992年春天,我和《哥德巴赫猜想》的作者徐迟,还有王元化先生,在深圳西湖度假。一日,徐迟到我的房间小坐,见桌上放着一本《汪曾祺作品自选集》,拿起来翻了翻,突然用书掩住脸,怀着歉疚的心情说:“是我害了他。”我吃了一惊,问他何出此言?他说:“1957年6月,我在《诗刊》编辑部工作,看到汪曾祺寄来的一组新诗《早春》。第一首是《彩旗》,只有两句:‘当风的彩旗,像一片被缚住的波浪’,我很欣赏,给他发表在《诗刊》上,这就惹了祸。‘反右’运动以后,《早春》和《彩旗》受到了无情批判,说作者诬蔑红旗是不自由的、被束缚的。他因此被划成了右派,下放张家口劳动。如果我不发他这组诗,也许他就没有这样的遭遇了。”(14)汪老遭遇重重坎坷,却始终淡定、幽默、乐观地笑对人生,是许多人的良师益友;他虽未曾高居要职,却以自己的文学才华和人格魅力影响了几代读者——汪曾祺,是一片温暖的湖泊。
(原文有改动)小题1:解释下列加线词语在句中的意思。(2分)一路上他坐到哪一桌吃饭,大家便众星捧月似的围着他,跟他到哪一桌。小题2:请从修辞方法的角度对“一篇作品的语言,好比河中的流水,切不断,割不开,互相融合,牵一发而动全身”这句话的表达效果进行评析。(3分)小题3:第⑤段中汪老教给作者哪些写散文的经验?(3分)小题4:第⑦段中作者插叙了汪老童年时的哪几件事?叙述这几件事运用了哪种记叙顺序?(5分)小题5:根据你对文章的理解,说说第(14)段在文中的作用。(4分)小题6:第③段叙述汪老对作者写作方面的指导时,汪老的“用文学语言描写你所见到的生活现象”的写作经验,很值得我们学习与借鉴。请结合你的观察与体验,用文学语言写出生活中的某一情景。(5分)
阅读下文,完成小题(27分)林徽因传(节选)张清平①1920年初夏,林徽因伴随父亲来到了欧洲。②各处景物走马灯似的从眼前流过,各种印象叠加在了一起:巴黎街头自由的人们和自由的空气,罗马游览胜地绿色松林如波涛般望不到尽头,阿尔卑斯山上终年不化的皑皑白雪,法兰克福一碧如洗的蓝天上盘旋的鸽群,钟声、鸟鸣、树林、草地组成了和谐的交响,风情万种;遗址、遗迹如珍奇宝石穿成的项链,浪漫多姿;古老而迷人的欧洲像是一幅色泽古黯的织锦,散发着久远的高贵的气息。③徽因的感受是复杂的。她敞开心灵摄取吸收来自这个新世界的印象和知识,纷至沓来的杂驳信息常常使她感到既新奇又疲倦。同时,远离祖国,远离同龄伙伴的她又时常感到深深的孤独和无所适从。在父亲频繁外出的时间里,孤零零的她时常想,父亲出去给别人演讲些什么呢?他讲的那些问题有那么重要吗?他怎么根本就不在意近在身旁的女儿呢?④一个人的时候,她更多的是偎在壁炉旁,一本接一本地阅读英文版的书刊。此时,她才对北京培华女子中学严谨的学风心怀感激。来到英国后,她没有怎么费力就能够自如地与人交流和用英语阅读。她读维多利亚时代的小说,读丁尼生、霍普金斯、勃郎宁的诗,读萧伯纳的剧本。刚开始,她的阅读还带有学习英语的目的,可读着读着,这些书就引领着她进入了一个令她心醉神迷的世界。尽管其中的一些作品她早在国内就看过林琴南的中译本,可如今读过原著,她才知道那些文言的译本是多么蹩脚,简直不能传达原文的情致于万一。徽因天性敏感细腻,文学唤醒了她对生活的种种体验,激起了她强烈的共鸣。⑤伦敦的天气仿佛永远只有好坏两极。春夏之际,太阳明媚而艳丽。垂柳柔柔的枝条在风中软软地飘荡,星星点点的野花点缀着青葱绵密的草坪,一切都有着鲜明的色彩,一切都充满了勃勃的生机。这时节,徽因总爱跟着女房东一同外出。女房东是一位建筑师,徽因常和她一道出去写生、作画。她最爱去的地方是剑桥一带,那里有画不完的各种建筑和景致。徽因拿着一本书,坐在草坪上,四下望去,皇家教堂富丽庄严,皇家学院散发着宁静、幽雅的气息,“三一学院”图书楼上,拜伦雕像风神潇洒地凝视着遥远的天际。⑥在国内,徽因随着家庭的搬迁,南来北往走过许多地方,出国后跟着父亲也到过一些城市。可只有在这里,在尽情领略了英国剑桥脱尽尘埃的景色后,她才恍然觉察,那
的朝晖晚霞,好像可以随着空气、星光一起渗透进人的灵魂。⑦她想起小时候住在祖父家,看过好多宋元名家的山水画。那时她不明白,为什么那些画卷上,总是画着那么雄奇的山川,那豆大的房舍和米粒大小的人物。如今她懂了,人在自然的怀抱里真是很小,小到只想变成一株草、一朵花、一滴露珠。在与女房东的交谈中,徽因知道了建筑师与盖房子的人的区别,懂得了建筑与艺术密不可分。以这样的眼光再去回想她在国内国外看过的庙宇和殿堂,果然就对这些建筑有了不同的理解和感受。⑧从这时起,徽因萌生出了对未来事业的朦胧愿望。【相关链接】林徽因是中国著名的建筑学家和作家,为中国第一位女性建筑学家,同时也被胡适誉为中国一代才女。她曾参与国徽设计和天安门人民英雄纪念碑设计、改造传统景泰蓝,为民族及国家作出莫大的贡献。小题1:第⑥段横线上填写的词语依次是
A.潺潺奔涌无边青青明艳灿烂窈窕玲珑
B.无边青青窈窕玲珑明艳灿烂潺潺奔涌
C.无边青青潺潺奔涌窈窕玲珑明艳灿烂
D.潺潺奔涌窈窕玲珑无边青青明艳灿烂
小题2:第②段画线句“古老而迷人的欧洲像是一幅色泽古黯的织锦,散发着久远的高贵的气息”,运用了
的修辞方法,其表达效果是
。(4分)小题3:第③段中提到“徽因的感受是复杂的”,她的感受主要来自两个方面(1)
(4分)小题4:阅读第⑦段,完成题目。(5分)(1)根据上文,“以这样的眼光再去回想她在国内国外看过的庙宇和殿堂”句中“这样的眼光”具体指的是
。(2分)(2)用“这样的眼光”看苏州园林,从一个角度谈谈你的理解和感受。(字数不限;3分)
小题5:下列对结尾画线句含义理解不正确的一项是(
A.林徽因喜欢欧洲优美的风光,因此产生了对未来事业的朦胧愿望。
B.林徽因领悟了建筑学的真谛,从而立下成为建筑学家的愿望。
C.林徽因立志成为建筑学家与身为建筑师的女房东也有一定的关系。
D.林徽因的立志源于她顿悟了中国传统美学和欧洲建筑艺术的共性。
小题6:结合本文内容和相关链接,我们知道,林徽因的成就与很多因素密切相关,请选择一个方面,谈谈你从中得到的启示。(80字左右;8分)
高考全年学习规划
该知识易错题
该知识点相似题
高考英语全年学习规划讲师:李辉
更多高考学习规划:
客服电话:400-676-2300
京ICP证050421号&京ICP备号 &京公安备110-1081940& 网络视听许可证0110531号
旗下成员公司解析试题分析:考查固定词组,B. make about迎风转向C. make of利用D. make for冲向 A. made制造,句子意思“她不知道怎样利用这次机会”考点:考查固定词组点评:固定词组是高考常考内容,固定词组都是以make组成的固定词组,但是它们的意思各不相同,要求考生掌握它们的用法即学即练:The class __________ 80 students is hard to manage.A .making up of&&&&B. consists of&&&&&&&&&C. consisting of&&&&&D. made up选C
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
We have met the enemy, and he is ours. We bought him at a pet shop. When monkey-pox, a disease usually found in the African rain forest, suddenly turns up in children in the American Midwest, it’s hard not to wonder if the disease that comes from foreign animals is homing in on human beings. “Most of the infections (感染) we think of as human infections started in other animals,” says Stephen Morse, director of the Center for Public Health Preparedness at Columbia University.
It’s not just that we’re going to w we’re also bringing them closer to us. Popular foreign pets have brought a whole new disease to this country. A strange illness killed Isaksen’s pets, and she now thinks that keeping foreign pets is a bad idea. “I don’t think it’s fair to have them as pets when we have such a limited knowledge of them,” says Isaksen.
&“Laws allowing these animals to be brought in from deep forest areas without stricter control need changing,” says Peter Schantz. Monkey-pox may be the wake-up call. Researchers believe infected animals may infect their owners. We know very little about these new diseases. A new bug (病毒) may be kind at first. But it may develop into something harmful. Monkey-pox doesn’t look a major infectious disease. But it is not impossible to pass the disease from person to person.
56. We learn from Paragraph 1 that the pet sold at the shop may _________.
A. come from Columbia&&&&&&&&&&& B. prevent us from being infected
C. enjoy being with children&&&&&&&& D. suffer from monkey-pox
57. Why did Isaksen advise people not to have foreign pets?
A. They attack human beings. &&&&&&&&B. We need to study native animals.
C. They can’t live out of the rain forest. &D. We do not know much about them yet.
58. What does the phrase “the wake-up call” in Paragraph 3 most probably mean?
A. a new disease &&&&&&&&& B. a clear warning &&C. a dangerous animal&&&& D. a morning call
59. The text suggests that in the future we _______.
A. may have to fight against more new diseases &&B. may easily get infected by diseases from dogs
C. should not be allowed to have pets &&&&&&&&&&D. should stop buying pets from Africa
60. The last paragraph means _________.
A. we should have laws to stop having pets at home&
B. wild animals shouldn’t adopted as pets
C. laws should be passed to avoid pets’ diseases spreading&
D. people with pets should be stayed at home
来源:2012届江苏省南京市第十二中学高三上学期期中考试热身卷(英语)
A woman renewing her driver’s license at the County Clerk’s office was asked to state her occupation. She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself. “What I mean is,” explained the recorder, “do you have a job, or are you just a …”“Of course I have a job,” said Emily. “I’m a mother.”“We don’t list ‘mother’ as an occupation…‘housewife’ covers it,” said the recorder. One day I found myself in the same situation. The clerk was obviously a career woman, confident and possessed of a high sounding title. “What is your occupation?” she asked. The words simply popped out. “I’m a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations.”The clerk paused, ballpoint pen frozen in midair. I repeated the title slowly, then I stared with wonder as my statement was written in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire. “Might I ask,” said the clerk with new interest, “Just what you do in this field?”Coolly, without any trace of panic in my voice, I heard myself reply, “I have a continuing program of research (what mother doesn’t), in the lab and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most careers and rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money.”There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk’s voice as she completed the form, stood up, and showed me out. As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up (鼓舞) by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants---ages 13, 7, and 3. Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model (a 6 month old baby), in the child-development program, testing out a new vocal(嗓音的) pattern. I felt proud! I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable (不可缺少的) to mankind than “just another mother.”Motherhood…What a glorious career! Especially when there’s a title on the door. 【小题1】What can we infer from the conversation between the woman and the recorder at the beginning of the passage?A.Motherhood was not recognized and respected as a job by society.B.The recorder was impatient and rude. C.The author was upset about the situation that mothers faced. D.The woman felt ashamed to admit what her job was.【小题2】How did the female clerk feel at first when the author told her occupation?A.curiousB.indifferentC.interestedD.puzzled【小题3】Why did the woman clerk show more respect for the author?A.Because the author cared little about rewards. B.Because she admired the author’s research work in the lab. C.Because the writer did something she had little knowledge of.D.Because she thought the author did admirable work.【小题4】What is the author’s purpose of writing the passage?A.To show how you describe your job affects your feelings toward it. B.To show that the author had a grander job than Emily.C.To argue that motherhood is a worthy career and deserves respect.D.To show that being a mother is hard and boring work.
来源:年广东省梅州市曾宪梓中学高一下期末考试英语试卷
题型:填空题
下面是一篇关于BBC 广播电台中BBC Kids Pre-school这个栏目下的一些具体小节目的介绍,请阅读下列应用文和相关信息,并按照要求匹配信息。首先请阅读下列应用文:BBC Kids Pre-school Pre-School programs air Monday - Friday from 6:00 a.m to 12 p.m ETA. Theodore Tugboat Theodore Tugboat is a cheery tugboat (拖船) featured in this award-winning animated maritime series (海洋动画系列). Living in the magical Big Harbor, Theodore (the friendliest tugboat in the world) works for the Great Ocean and Salvage Company fleet with his friends.B. Postman Pat Everyone’s favorite postman, Postman Pat and his faithful companion, Jess the Cat, are back in a completely new series packed full of humor, excitement and adventure. These all new adventures see the nation's favorite postman doing much more than just delivering post! From snowboarding to managing a pop band and even making his very own Hollywood movie, Pat is a 21st century hero indeed!C. Pingu Pingu is a charming young penguin (企鹅) who spends his time playing with friends and family—always up to playing tricks and getting himself into funny situations in his own sub-zero world.D. Tweenies Tweenies is an entertaining and informative (给予知识的) pre-school series in which the characters experience all the joys and challenges of three to five year olds. Through songs, rhymes, games, stories, puzzles and creative play, the Tweenies encourage young children to wonder, explore, enjoy and develop a range of life skills that will promote confidence (增强自信心) before they start school.E. Fimbles This U.K. pre-school hit follows three curious creatures as they start a never-ending path of discovery, exploration and entertainment. Revolving around (以……为中心) three special creatures living in a magical valley, Fimbles is full of the surprise, wonder and stimulation (刺激) that children experience when discovering new things. Each new "find" is a drive for play, invention and storytelling within the program.F. Teletubbies The four colorful Teletubbies play in Teletubbyland. They take part in fun, infant-pleasing activities such as rolling on the ground, laughing, running about, and watching real children on the televisions on their bellies. This children's program, starring Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po is now watched by young children in 113 countries and is translated into 45 languages.请阅读下面五个小孩的相关信息,然后为他们选择适合个人口味的少儿栏目。【小题1】Mike, aged four, is a naughty (淘气的) boy, which is known to all. But sometimes he will also keep silent, especially when it’s time for Laa-Laa and Po because he has considered the two characters as his idols (偶像).【小题2】 Joseph is only five years old but he has known a lot about Antarctic (南极). His father is a scientist who has been to Antarctic for several times. Each time he returns, his father will tell Joseph something there. So he is very interested in a special seabird there.【小题3】 Anna, aged four, dreams of becoming a hero, because of which she likes any kind of hero. But as for heroes, she has her own standards, that is, humorousness and adventurousness.【小题4】 Ian, aged 4, likes ocean life very much and dreams of travelling around the world by boat. Therefore, any life connected with ocean or boats will always attract him a lot. 【小题5】Susan, aged 5, likes reading stories, singing songs and reading poems. In her class, she is known as a star in every way. In her daily life, she likes any program that can help her develop some skills.
来源:学年江苏省无锡市等三校高三12月联考英语试卷(解析版)
When I was seven, my parents gave me a doll, a doll’s
house and a book. The Arabian Nights, came wrapped in red paper. I was just
ready to read when my mother walked into my room.
“Isn’t your doll just beautiful?” my mother asked. I
looked at the doll, with fair hair in a pink dress----I’ll have to call her
“she” because I never gave her a name. I folded my lips and raised my eyebrows,
not really knowing how to let my mother down easily.
“This doll is different.” My mother explained, trying
to talk me into playing with it.
Thinking the doll needed love, I hugged her tightly
for a long time. Useless, I said to myself. Finally, I decided to play with the
doll’s house. But since rearranging the tiny furniture seemed to be the only
active possible, I lost interest. I caught sight again of the third of my gifts
The Arabian Nights, and I began to read it. From that moment, the book was my
constant companion.
Every day I climbed our garden tree, nestled among its
branches, I read the stories in The Arabian Nights to my heart’s content. My
mother became concerned as she noticed I wasn’t playing with either the doll or
the little house. She insisted that I take the doll up the tree with me.
Trying to read on a branch 15 feet off the ground while
holding on to the silly doll was not easy. After nearly falling off twice, I
tied one end of a long vine around the doll’s neck and the opposite one around
the branch, letting the doll hang in mid air while I read. I always looked out
for my mother, though. I sensed that my playing with the doll was of great
importance to her. So every time I heard her coming, I lifted the doll up and
hugged her. The smile in my mother’s eyes told me my plan worked.
The inevitable(不可避免的)
happened one afternoon. Totally absorbed in the reading, I didn’t hear my mother
calling me. When I looked down, I saw my mother staring at the hanging doll.
Fearing the worst of scolding, I climbed down in a flash, reaching the ground
just as my mother was untying the doll. To my surprise, she didn’t scold. She
kept on staring at the doll.
The next day, my father came home early and suggested
he and I play with the doll’s house. Soon I was bored, but my father seemed to
be having so much fun, I didn’t have the heart to tell him. Quietly I slipped
out, picking up my book on my way to the yard. So absorbed was he in arranging and
rearranging the tiny furniture that he didn’t notice my quick exit.
Almost 20 years passed before I found out why the
hanging-doll incident had been so significant for my parents. By then I was a
parent myself. After recalling the incident, my mother said all those years she
had been afraid whether I would turn out to be a most loving and understanding
mother to my son.
My mother often thanks God aloud for making me a good
parent, pointing out that with education I might have been a rich dentist
instead of a poor poet. I look back on that same childhood incident, recalling
my third gift, the book in red-paper, and I take advantage of the experiences
that have made me who and what I am. Sometimes I pause to wonder at life’s
wonderful ironies (讽刺).
1.Why didn’t the author give the doll a name?
A. Because the gift was given by her parents.
B. Because the girl didn’t care much for the doll.
C. Because her parents would give the doll a name.
D. Because the doll had little in common with her.
2.The author’s account of a childhood incident shows
that, as a young girl, she viewed her parents as people who&&&&&&&&
A. hoped to shape their children’s future&&
B. were unconcerned about their behavior
C. ruined their children’s dreams completely
D. might withdraw their love at any moment
3. What can we infer from the last paragraph?
A. The mother is now satisfied with her daughter’s
career.
B. The daughter now regrets what she did when she was
a girl.
C. The mother thinks the daughter’s achievements are
unsatisfactory.
D. The daughter wishes that she had been allowed more
freedom as a child.
来源:2015届江苏扬州中学高一下期期中考试英语卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
We had moved from Cairo to Mt. Vernon, Illinois, away
from my grandmother when I was eight years old. I missed her &36 .
I was told I was her she was my favorite granny. Mother
must have sensed my &37 , for she would take my little brother and
me back to visit my Granny on occasions.
She didn’t live in a big house or have expensive
things, but I never &38 & I just knew she loved me and I
loved her back.
We had lived, for a time, next door to her &39
&my father was away during World War II.
Granny had never had very much in the way of &40
&or material things. But it was the little things she gave me that had
always &41 . Things like letting me dip my fingers in the sugar
bowl or the coffee she let me drink from her &42_. She allowed me
to sit on top of her kitchen table to enjoy those privileges.
She also had a vinegar bottle that sat high on a shelf
that was &43 , I asked if I could have it someday. It
was given to me in a box after her &44 . She remembered in her last
love is like that.
She didn’ &45 &did we.
But she did something for my brother and me. I will always remember she &46
&her pennies in a glass jar. I am sure Granny could have used those
pennies herself &47 &she saved them to give us when we came to
&48 &her.
I don’t remember how much we &49 &on
our visits, nor was the &50 &important. It was the idea that
she remembered us, and cared about us, when we were away from her.
Those &51 , of when I was a child, still
give me &52 &feelings now. I often wonder, after all those
years, when I am lucky enough to find a &53 &lying on the
ground &54 , if it could possibly be Granny tossing me pennies from
&55 .
1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.suddenly&&&&&& B.unfortunately&&& C.terribly&& D.properly
2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.longing&&&&&&&& B.tasting&&&&&&&&& C.dissatisfying&& D.worrying
3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.found&&&&&&&&& B.saw&&&&&&&&&&& C.remarked D.minded
4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.while&&&&&&&&& B.if&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.unless&&& D.though
5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.house&&&&&&&&& B.car&&&&&&&&&&& C.money&& D.possession
6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.gone&&&&&&&&&& B.mattered&&&&&&& C.saved&&& D.respected
7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.jar&&&&&&&&&&& B.glass&&&&&&&&&& C.bottle && D.cup
8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.beautiful&&&&&&& B.expensive&&&&&& C.heavy&&& D.big
9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.birthday&&&&&&& B.death&&&&&&&&& C.accident& D.change
10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.so&&&&&&&&&&&& B.and&&&&&&&&&&& C.neither&&& D.however
11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.hid&&&&&&&&&&& B.discovered&&&&& C.saved D.liked
12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.since&&&&&&&&& B.or&&&&&&&&&&&& C.because&& D.but
13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.visit&&&&&&&&&& B.invite&&&&&&&&& C.help& D.comfort
14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.spent&&&&&&&&& B.wasted&&&&&&&& C.collected& D.counted
15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.penny&&&&&&&& B.time&&&&&&&&&& C.money&&& D.amount
16.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.memories&&&&&& B.adventures&&&&& C.friendships D.achievements
17.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.bright&&&&&&&&& B.warm&&&&&&&&& C.sad&& D.interesting
18.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.bottle&&&&&&&&& B.jar&&&&&&&&&&& C.table D.penny
19.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.anywhere &&&&& B.nowhere&&&&&& C.somewhere&&& D.everywhere
20.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.hell&&&&&&&&&& B.heaven &&&&&&& C.God& D.sky

我要回帖

更多关于 为什么呢 的文章

随机推荐