danny has very bad e开头单词bad habitss

114网址导航5.B 6.C 7.B 8. AB篇本文主要讨论美国是否应该废除餐馆小费。5.B. 推理判断题。由第二段中的Ten years later,smoking in restaurants was against the law 可以推断,Danny Meyer的禁烟令在十年后竟为法律 所认可,他的禁烟令出人意料地成功了。6.C. 细节理解题。由第三段中的'Tipping was borrowed from Europe more than a century ago可知,付小费这一传统是从欧洲传到美国的。7.B. 段落大意题。本段主要讲述了服务员为得 到小费可能会做一些有损顾客利益的事。8. A. 细节理解题。由最后一段中的Butthat money can't be shared legally with the un-tipped,low-paid kitchen workers. No wonder there s a growing labor shortage in restaurant kitchens 可知,厨房工人短缺是因为他们得不到小费。
题目来源: &
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
How to Love Your Parents Even if you think that your parents are meanspirited at times,loving your parents is a normal and fulfilling part of life. You love them for the fact that they created you,raised you,and are in part a source of who you are. Here are some ways to love your parents.1&&&&&&&&A gentle" good morning" and" I love you”will warm the coldest heart. Remember that they brought you into this world. Without your parents,you might still wander at an unknown corner in an unknown world. Respect them more and cherish these moments. You can use these moments to learn from them when you're off on your own. It's OK to get angry but angry actions don't help you or your parents. Act calmly,cool off,keep a journal about your feelings,or talk to a friend. 2&&&&&& Obey their requests. It will make your attitude better and earn you more respect from them. It may seem like you are going through the hell when you don't get what you want or you have to clean. However,you had better remember they keep a roof over your head when it's cold,raining,snowing,or too hot. Understand that parents are human beings and make mistakes. 3&&&&&& Since you can forgive your friends,why not forgive your parents?Keep company with them. Do things with your parents like watching TV,or go somewhere with them. 4&&&&&& Listen to their old stories and learn from them. You will find they are your teachers in this way or another.Some people simply may not be able to love their parents. 5&&&&&& Seek help if you are being abused in any way. Parents do not have a right to harm you.&&&A. Forgiveness is the key.&&&B. Tell them you love them every morning.&&&C. Parents will in turn express their love to you.&&&D. After this,share your feelings with your parents.&&&E. Anyway,spend as much time with them as you can.&&&F. Please remember parents are as important as friends.&&&G. There can be realistic reasons for this,family violence for example.1.&&&&&&&&&2.&&&&&&&&&3.& & &&&&&&&&&&&& 4.&&&&&&&5.&& & &&
There is always something to be thankful for& & A famous writer was in his study. He picked up his pen and wrote:** Last year,I had an operation and my gall bladder (胆嚢) was removed. I was stuck in bed due to this operation for a long time.** The same year I reached 60 and had to give up my favourite job.** The same year I experienced the sorrow of the death of my father.** And the same year my son had a car accident. He had to stay in hospital for several days. The destruction of the car was another loss.& & At the end he wrote: It was such a bad year!& & When the writer's wife entered the room,she found her husband looking sad. From behind his back she read what was written on the paper. She left the room silently and came back with another piece of paper and placed it on. the side of her husband's writing.& & The writer saw the paper which read:** Last year I finally got rid of my gall bladder due to which I had spent years in pain.** I turned 60 with sound health and got retired from my job. Now I can make good use of my time to write something better with more focus and peace.** The same year my father,at the age of . 95,passed away without depending on anyone and without any serious condition.** The same year,my son was blessed (保佑) with a new life. My car was destroyed but my son survived. 一& & At the end she wrote: This year was a great blessing and it passed well!& & See!The couple had different viewpoints on the same incidents. In our daily lives we should see that it's not happiness that makes us grateful but gratefulness that makes US happy. There is always something to be thankful for!Translate the underlined paragrah into Chinese.&
& & & & & & &B ★★★★☆ !& & It is 7 am and the alarm is going off. You know you have to get out of bed to catch the school bus. But the strong wish to bury yourself in the bed is ever so strong. Does it sound familiar?& & During adolescence(青春期) ,the body goes through many changes including changes in sleep patterns. Researchers have found that though : adolescents need as much as 9.5 hours of sleep a day they go to bed later and later with each passing year.& & In fact,the sleep cycle shifts later by as much as : 12 to 18 minutes each year between the ages of 10 and 20!So by the time a 10-year-old who sleeps at 8 pm ' grows to be 17&or 18,his body naturally wants to stay up till 10:30 or 11 pm.& & According to researchers,this is because of a hormone called melatonin(褪黑素) that is produced by the pineal gland — a tiny structure deep inside the brain. Melatonin controls a body's natural d?y-night patterns. It causes a person tò become sleepy by lowering his body's (体核温度) .It is produced much later in the evening and continues to increase throughout the night. This makes it difficult for teens to fall asleep earlier as they did in their younger years.& & Sleep is food for the brain. During sleep,important bodily functions and brain activities happen. Not sleeping can be harmful and even deadly 一 especially for those 'who drive. A slow brain makes it difficult to concentrafe. and can affect grades at school.& & The American Association of Pediatrics (AAP) suggests that letting teens sleep in during school days can lead to overall b?peí?ts for them,since children who are suffering from a lack of sleep are more likely to suffer from anxiety,have traffic accidents and perform poorly at schools. In fact,AAP advises that middle and high schools should start later 一 not before 8:30 am. But a later Start time means a later end time too. Will that affect after-school activities?5. Researchers have found that teens .&&&A. should go to bed at 10:00 or 11 pm&&&B. will fall asleep later as they grow older&& & C. are unwilling to take the school bus&&&D. should sleep more than 9;5 hours one day6. According to Paragraph 4 ,what causes some teens to be sleepy?&&&A. Melatonin.&& & B. After-school activities,& & C. Sleep patterns.&& & D. The core temperature.7. The AAP believes that .&&&A. teens,health is threatened by lack of activities&&&B. scho?ls should end earlier than before& & C. lack of sleep affects teens’after-school &activities&&&& & D. schools should put off their start time8. The text is mainly concerned with &&&A. sleep hours and teenagers' brain&&&B. sleep hours and class behavior& & C. effective ways to improve teens’ sleep&&&D. a comparison of sleeping more and sleeping less
& & & & & & & & &C ★★★★★& & Over the past decade,there have been many scientific studies on the digital (数字的) activity of people,such as making mobile calls,texting,e-mailing,and posting on social media. Nearly all human behavior leaves a digital footprint. Therefore,scientists can use such digital activity as a way to track human activity. For example,they can study differences between cultures in sleep patterns,work schedules,and spare time activities.& & Researchers from Finland and Denmark use a completely new approach to study digital rhythms (规律) .Previous studies focused on general patterns across large numbers of people. However,this time researchers focus. on pronounced,long-term differences in rhythm between inid?viduals. They show that people tend to have their personal rhythm of digital activity. It is stable like a personal signature 。(签名)& & “Each individual follows their own daily rhythm ,” says Talayeh,who led the research. “In almost every case,the patterns differ strongly from the average behavior,for example by increased calling frequency during mornings,mid-days,or evenings ,” says Talayeh. What drives these individual differences is not yet clear. Geographical and cultural differences clearly play a role. “There could also be an effect of (生理学) .We see this research as the first step to understand how activity patterns are related to other people's characteristics,such as personality and mobility behavior,” say Talayeh.& & This finding could also have medical use. Digital rhythms could be monitored for patients with mental health problems. Sudden changes in patients’digital rhythms could be a sign that treatment may be necessary. “Combining this research with Big Data may also bring new ways of research in sleep studies ,” concludes Talayeh.9. What do scientists use the digital activity of people to do?&&&A. To make their research easier.&&&B. To know about people's behavior.& &C. To aid the development of social media.&&&D. To reduce people's dependence on mobile phones.10. Which of the following can best describe digital rhythms?&&&A. Natural but casual.&&&B. Personal and fixed.& &C. Different but unclear.&&&D. Changeable and mysterious.11. According to Talayeh,digital rhythms .&&&A. have nothing to do with personality&&&B. have a great effect on everyday habits&& &C. may have something to do with culture&&&& & D. can help ?ie development of physiology&12. What is the use of digital rhythms in the medical field?&&&A. They can help avoid patients’ sleep problems.&&&B. They will change the ways doctors do their work,& &C. They could free people of mental problems.&&&D. They may tell whether a patient is well.
& & & & & & & &A ★★★☆☆& & “Everyone finds a partner,” I say to the kids. We are about to start 8th grade weight training. I say the words to make the kids feel welcome when they come in. When the 8th graders walk in the door,I see the nervousness in their eyes. When I see them,I remember rnyseif years ago when I was doing the same thing.& & I remember coming to Granger High School for 8th grade lifting. I felt nervous coming in thinking I would get lost. I also felt nervous to meet the coach. I did not feel welcome because everyone was bigger tiian me. I did not want to mess up (搞糟) and get laughed at by other people.& & The second time I went there was a lot better than the first time. I was not afraid to walk into the room and see all the big people. I thought to myself, “If other kids can do it,then I can do it." I went to my partner and felt a little bit more confident. I was still nervous but I felt better. As hard as I tried not to mess up,it happened. Then a voice said, “Good job,you are getting better." I started to feel better hearing people saying “good job”, instead of “get out”.& & When I come back to reality,I realize that the kid in front of me is just like me then. When he has finished his warm-up,I tell him “Good job,man,you are getting better." Once I start encouraging him,he starts to feel better. I also feel good about myself for being able to help him feel more confident. I can hear the students praising one another.1. Why does the author ask everyone to find a partner?&&&A. To make them feel at home.&&&B. To remind them of their past,&& & C. To let them train with each other.&&&D. To give them a chance to make friends.2. When the author came for 8th grade lifting,he felt nervous because .&&&A. someone misled him&&&B. others laughed at him& & C. the coach was very strict&&&& & D. he was at a disadvantage3. What happened to the author during his second visit to Granger High School?&&&A. He succeeded at last.&&&B. He got encouragement.& & C. He got over his nervousness.&&&D. He was praised by his coach.4. Why did the author praise the 8th grader?&&&A. The student did his best.&&&B. The student was confident.& & C. He just wanted the student to feel happy.&&&D. He knew encouragement could help the student.
& & & &&B &★★★★☆& & Americans gone super!Super-sized,that is. New Yorker Morgan Spurlock tells the truth about what is really in food and how much fat Americans gain in the new documentary,iSwperszze Me!In America around 75 million people are overweight.& & Morgan Spurlock put the issue of obesity to a test: eating nothing but McDonald's for an entire month. He faced many effects. For example,after the first week,his body fat increased by 5%. After the entire month,he gained 24. 5 pounds. His cholesterol (胆固醇) increased 65 points. He got frequent chest pain,nausea (恶心)depression,headaches,etc. He nearly doubled his risk of heart disease.& & During his experiment,he traveled the country to find out what we,re really eating. He met a man who had eaten 19 ,000 big hamburgers from McDonald,s. He discovered that children knew more about Ronald McDonald than George Washington or Jesus. He tried over ten times to schedule an interview with the head of McDonald's,but didn’t get a reply.& & In the end,I found myself disappointed with the documentary. It wasn 51&the lack of information. In fact,if this was based on information,I’d&give it 5&stars. Spurlock didn't let the information speak for itself. If he had,this documentary would have been brilliant. His points were overstated.& & He ended the documentary by saying, “Who do you want to see go first? You? Or them?” I believ? the point he’s trying to make is that eating fast foods will endanger US. But it’ 11 take a lot more than a :hamburger once a month to kill US. Yes,if you eat McDonald's every day,you need to change your :eating habits. But scaring the rest of US into eating i vegan pies every day? No,thank you. r II take my coke super-sized.5. To make Supersize Me,Spurlock .&&&A. traveled around the world&&&B. risked his health to do a test&& & C. turned to professional advice&&&D. seldom cared about his heart disease6. The underlined part in Paragraph 3 means that children &&&A. often eat junk food&&&B. have no religious beliefs& & C. know little about George Washington&&&& & D. show more interest in business than history7. Why was the author unsatisfied with Supersize Mel&&&A. It lasted too long.&&&B. It gave unclear points,& & C. It failed to convince him.&&&D. It provided limited information.8. Which of the following will the author probably agree with?&&&A. Hamburgers help people remain healthy.&&&B. It is okay to eat fast food sometimes.& & C. It is hard to develop good eating habits.&&&D. We should eat more fruit and vegetables.
& Nomads (游牧民族) who live in .the Sa?iara Desert of North Africa rely on a most unique animal for transportation — the (单峰骆驼) .Because it is necessary for desert travel,the dromedary is sometimes called the "ship of the desert ”& Several (因素) make the dromedary suitable for long desert trips. It can go for long periods 3 GUut food. ?he (驼峰) on a camel's back serves as its food reserve. When it has little to eat,It changes the fat from its hump into energy. The earner’s &hump can weigh up to 80 pounds or more. When the animal has to depend on its reservoir of fat,the hump becomes much smaller. Thus,it is easy to recognize a wcll-fcd camel by the size of Its hump.& Many people believe that camels store water 1?1 their humps. This is not true. Their ability to go for days without drinking is because of other factors. First,camels are able to drink large quantities of water at one time. Some have been known to drink 53 gallons in one day. Second,the camel sweats very little &and can staAd great body temperatures. As a result,it keeps most of the water it drinks and can travel severaUiundred miles without stopping to drink.& Other physical characteristics enable the camel to stand unpleasant desert conditions. It can completely :close its nose,thus protecting it from sandstorms. Ieyes are protected from sand and sun by overhanging lids(眼皮) and long toAes (睫毛) ,and its broad feet keep it from sinking into the soft sand. No other :animal is better equipped for life in the desert than the camel. In fact,camels serve the nomadic peoples of North Africa in many ways.5. What's the main idea of the text?&&&A. The dromedary is the most valuable animal.&&&B. The dromedary is well protected by nomads,& & C. The dromedary is best equipped for desert life.&&&D. The dromedary's hump is of great importance.6. According to the text, ? iomedaiy’ s &hump.&&&A. can weigh up to 80 kilograms&&&B. is usually large when it is well-fed& & C. makes it easier to ride on than other animals&&&& & D. can absorb the fat from other parts of its body&7. The dromedary can go for days without drinking &partly because.&&&A. its hump can store water&&&B. its body temperature is low& & C. it never sweats during desert trips&&&& & D. it drinks large amounts of water at a time8. What may be talked about following the last paragraph?&&&A. Nomads’ lifestyle.&&&B. The dromedary's living habits.& & C. The important roles the dromedary plays in nomads’ life.&&&D. The differences between the dromedary and other camels.
1. There’s something wrong with his two f and he can't walk.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 breaking bad habits 的文章

随机推荐