用pounds这六个字母组成单词网站一个什么单词

英文字母_一个月搞定雅思听力词汇-DAY 1_沪江英语
分类学习站点
一个月搞定雅思听力词汇-DAY 1
编辑点评:雅思听力考试中有很多高频场景和高频听力词汇,掌握它们很有必要。小编特为大家收集整理了一个月搞定雅思听力词汇的相关内容供大家阅读参考!希望对大家有所帮助!
雅思听力考试中有很多高频场景和高频听力词汇,掌握它们很有必要。小编特为大家收集整理了一个月搞定雅思听力词汇的相关内容供大家阅读参考!希望对大家有所帮助!
course 课程
student 学生
information 信息
animals 动物
computer 电脑
local 当地的
presentation 学生在国外课上作的演讲
term 学期,术语
check 检验
family 家庭
children 儿童的复数
questions 问题
lunch 午餐
pounds 英镑(复数)
words 单词(复数)
crime 犯罪
minutes 分钟(复数)
building 建筑物
training 培训
research 研究,科研
house 房子
second 第二
industry 工业,产业
reading 阅读
sports 体育,运动
month 月份
available 可获得的,有时间的
third 第三
education 教育
shopping 购物
department 系,商店
population 人口
address 地址
facilities 设施
garden 花园
system 系统,体系
country 国家
meeting 会议
bus 公共汽车
interview 面试
以上就是第一天的词汇啦~背单词贵在坚持!一起加油吧~var sogou_ad_id=731545;
var sogou_ad_height=90;
var sogou_ad_width=980;正确教育旗下网站
网校:8299所
24小时更新:2825
总量:5721742

2018届高三英语一轮复习学案:专题13 语法填空教(课标通用)
2018届高三英语一轮复习学案:专题13 语法填空教(课标通用)
资料类别:
所属学科:
适用地区:全国
所属版本:通用
资料类型:暂无
下载扣点:2点
上传时间:
下载量:36次
文档大小:909KB
所属资料:
内容简介文档简介为自动调取,可能会显示内容不完整,请您查看完整文档内容。
专题13 语法填空
考纲展示 命题探究
一、命题特点
1 题型特点
语法填空同时具有单项填空和完形填空两种题型的特点。但是与两种题型又有所不同。从考查的内容看,语法填空除侧重考查词汇外,更侧重考查功能语法,即侧重考查英语词汇在篇章中的交际功能。从题型的形式看,语法填空只给出空缺,没有选项,要求学生根据语境和自身已有的语法与词汇知识来填空,这对学生的语言知识的积累和运用提出了更高的要求。
2 选材特点
(1)语法填空的材料为一篇对话或短文,内容涉及生活的各个方面,为考生所熟悉。
(2)对话或短文的长度为200词左右,没有超出课标的生词。
3 设题特点
(1)就命题形式而言,“纯空格题”设5小题左右;“用括号中所给词的适当形式填空”设5小题左右。“纯空格题”考查冠词、介词、代词、连接词及功能性结构副词等;“用括号内所给词的适当形式填空”考查名词、谓语动词的时态和语态、非谓语动词、形容词和副词的比较等级、词性转化等。
(2)原则上说,一个设空点就是一个语法点,所以从理论上说,10个设空点有可能涉及10个语法点,即使有个别的重复考点,至少也得有7~8个语法点。重复设置的考点主要是用于考查一些非常重要的语法项目,如动词时态、非谓语动词、不定代词等。
(3)纯空格填空的词都是一些拼写简单的单词,平均每词约4~6个字母。
二、语篇型填空解题技巧
1 有提示词填空题的解题技巧
有提示词题要求使用括号中词语的正确形式填空,主要考查谓语动词的时态和语态、非谓语动词、形容词和副词的比较等级、词性转化这四种情况。
(1)给出动词原形
当设空处后面给出动词原形时,设空处一般会考查动词的时态(即考纲上要求掌握的一般现在时、现在完成时、现在进行时、一般过去时、过去完成时、过去进行时、一般将来时、过去将来时、将来进行时及现在完成进行时)、几种常见时态的被动语态形式或非谓语动词。
①考查时态或语态
第一步:分析句子结构,确定句中是否缺谓语。如缺谓语动词,则考查动词的时态和语态。
第二步:看主语与谓语之间是主动关系还是被动关系,以确定用主动语态还是被动语态,同时还要根据语境考虑用哪种时态。
第三步:要注意主谓一致。如:
例1:At that time, soda pop was sold in bottles, and they were washed and ________ (fill) again.
解析:分析句子结构可知,设空处为谓语动词且与were washed并列,主语they与fill为被动关系,但设空前已经有了助动词were,故设空处应填filled。
例2:In Logan, three people ________ (take) to a hospital, while others were treated at a local clinic.
解析:根据were treated(一般过去时的被动语态)可知此空需用一般过去时,根据句意可知此空还需用被动语态,又因主语为three people(复数概念),故答案为were taken。
②考查非谓语动词
第一步:若句中已有谓语,且设空处不是作并列谓语,应考虑该空考查非谓语动词。
第二步:根据非谓语动词在句中所作句子成分、句式的特殊要求或某些词语的特殊要求,确定用哪种非谓语动词形式。如作目的状语一般用不定式形式,而作原因、伴随、时间等状语时,需用现在分词、过去分词形式;如作主语或宾语用动名词或不定式;如作动词enjoy,finish等的宾语时,需用动名词;如作动词decide, refuse等的宾语时,需用不定式。如设空前为系动词,需用现在分词(意为:令人感到……的)或过去分词(感到……的)作表语。
第三步:确定非谓语动词与句子主语之间是主动关系还是被动关系。
第四步:根据非谓语动词的动作与谓语动词的动作发生的先后顺序确定用一般式还是用完成式。
例3:When I was a young boy about 8 years old, my younger sister and I got the idea to buy something for my mother for Mother's day. Money was hard ________ (make).
解析:设空处所在的句子主系表结构完整,根据句子结构可判断设空处作状语,be+表示难、易、好、坏的形容词,后面需用不定式的主动形式作状语,故答案为to make。
例4:________ (complete) the project as planned, we'll have to work two more hours a day.
解析:逗号后为一个完整的句子,逗号前既没有并列连词也没有从属连词,故设空处应用非谓语动词作状语。根据句意可知设空处作目的状语,故需用不定式形式。句子主语we与complete为逻辑上的主动关系,故用to complete形式,又因设空处位于句首,故答案为To complete(首字母“t”需大写)。
(2)给出形容词或副词
当给出形容词或副词时,往往要求写出形容词或副词的比较级或最高级形式;有时考查形容词与副词之间的转换。
第一步:分析结构,确定所给词在句子中作定语还是状语。
第二步:根据结构、语境或句子意思确定是填比较级还是最高级以及要不要加表示否定或相反意义的前缀或后缀。
例5:Soon Charlie made friends with Patrick and his stepsister Sara and they ________ (gradual) became best friends.
解析:and后的分句结构完整,故可判断设空处应为副词作状语,而gradual的副词形式为gradually,故gradually为本题答案。
例6:The water was simply the container for an act of kindness and love. Nothing could be ________ (sweet).
解析:用nothing与an act of kindness and love相对比,这里是用比较级的否定形式表示最高级,因此答案是sweeter。
例7:The other frog went on jumping as hard as he could... He jumped even ________ (hard) and finally made himself out.
解析:联系前句和even(更加)可知设空处用比较级,故答案为harder。
例8:The higher you stand, the ________ (far) you will see.
解析:本题考查“the+比较级..., the+比较级...”句式,故设空处需用far的比较级形式,即farther/further。
(3)词性转化
词性转化多以派生词变化为主,如:形容词与名词间的相互转化,形容词与动词间的相互转化,动词与名词间的相互转化等。
第一步:分析结构,确定要填的词在句中充当哪种句子成分。比如,修饰动词、形容词或副词或修饰整个句子作状语,用副词;作主语或宾语,用名词;在冠词、形容词性物主代词或名词所有格后,用名词。
第二步:根据构词法将括号中的词变成所需要的词类。
注意:有时不但要注意词性转化,而且还要考虑用表示相反意义的前缀或后缀,其逻辑意义才通顺;而且要特别注意所填词的正确的拼写形式。
例9:Jane knew from past experience that her ________ (choose) of ties hardly ever pleased her father.
解析:在形容词性物主代词her后,用名词或动名词形式,而空后有of短语作定语,所以填名词choice。
例10:Despite Crabtree's professional and family success, those around her had noted her ________ (satisfy) with not finishing school.
解析:由空前的her和空后的with可分析出,此处应考虑用satisfy的名词形式satisfaction,而空后的not finishing school则进一步暗示,Crabtree对此并不满意,故用否定含义的名词dissatisfaction。
2 无提示词填空题的解题技巧
无提示词填空题需考生在不给出提示词的情况下填出符合上下文逻辑、语法、句法的单词,主要考查代词、名词、冠词、介词、情态动词、并列连词、复合句、特殊句式等。
(1)代词(不定代词、指示代词、替代词、it的用法、人称代词的主格和宾格、反身代词、名词性物主代词等)。
第一步:分析句子结构。若句子缺主语,则要填代词主格、指示代词、不定代词或it;若动词或介词后面缺宾语,则要填代词的宾格、指示代词、不定代词或it。如果该宾语与主语是同一人(或物),应用反身代词。
第二步:理解句子意思。根据各个代词的意义和用法以及句子所需的意义,填入合适的代词。
例11:When stressors throw your nervous system out of balance, relaxation techniques can bring ________ back into a balanced state.
解析:根据前后语境可知,此处应用it代指上文的your nervous system。
例12:A strong memory depends on the health and vitality (活力) of your brain. Humans are highly social animals, so relationships stimulate (刺激) our brains—in fact, interacting with ________ may be the best brain exercise.
解析:由上文的关键信息词social animals和relationships分析可知,与人沟通即与“别人”(others)沟通是对大脑的最好锻炼,故应填others。
例13:It is said that a short-tempered man in the Song Dynasty (960~1279) was very anxious to help ________ rice crop grow up quickly.
解析:根据句意,这个急性子的人当然是急于使“他的”禾苗长得快,故填形容词性物主代词his。
分析句子结构,当设空处作句子主语、宾语、表语、宾语补足语时,设空处可能在考查名词,在没有提示的情况下,考生要根据上下文逻辑关系,结合英语的习惯用语写出正确答案。
例14:I watched with a sad smile as they did their best to tear off the wrapping (包装) paper. As they pulled out their toys, though, I noticed their ________ lit up and they jumped up and down.
解析:由上下文语境及习语“(eyes/face)light up喜形于色,两眼一亮,露出喜色”可知答案为:eyes/faces。
(3)冠词、形容词性物主代词或限定词
弄清句子结构,若设空处后为名词,则设空处为名词的定语,又无提示词,可确定设空处应填冠词(a, an, the)、形容词性物主代词(如:my, your等)或限定词(如:other, another, either, both等)。
例15:Please spend time with those who make laugh easily—both at themselves and at life's humorous events. Surround yourself with reminders to lighten up. Keep ________ toy on your desk or in your car. Put up a funny poster in your office. Choose a computer screensaver that makes you laugh.
解析:设空后的toy为单数名词,在本句中表示泛指,故用不定冠词a。此处与后面的“Put up a...”和“Choose a...”并列。
例16:To say it is one thing, but to do it is ________ thing.
解析:根据第一个分句中的one thing可判断设空处应为another。习惯用语A is one thing, B is another/it's one thing to do A, it's another thing to do B
……是一回事,……是另一回事;……和……截然不同。
第一步:若设空后是名词、代词、动名词或what从句,且它们不作主语或动词宾语时,很可能就是填介词。若设空前是动词且设空后为名词、动名词,设空处也可能填介词构成动词短语。
第二步:根据具体的语境或空格所在的句子意思来确定填哪个介词。
例17:The only reason why a man would sell his house ________ a lower price would be that he needed money badly.
解析:名词a lower price在句中不作主语,也不作动词的宾语,应为介词的宾语,根据习惯搭配,可知应用介词at。
例18:...who should have the honour of receiving me ________ a guest in their house.
解析:由句意可知,他们把我“当作”客人来接待,所以此处填介词as。短语receive sb. as...把某人当作……招待。
(5)情态动词和助动词
若句子结构较完整,设空后的谓语动词是原形、have done或be doing等,特别是与上下文时态不一致或主谓不一致时,很可能是填情态动词或用来强调谓语动词的助动词do, does, did;若构成部分倒装,设空后需有主语,主语后需为动词原形或过去分词、现在分词,这时需根据需要填do, does, have, is, am, are或某些情态动词。
例19:I explained that while I didn't carry any cash, I ________ happen to have a new blanket, and asked him if he could use it.
解析:因谓语动词happen是原形,而前后语境的谓语动词都是过去式,所以此处应填情态动词或助动词;“虽然我没有带现金,但我的确恰好有一张新毯子”,故填助动词did来对谓语动词进行强调。
例20:Mike: You should consider eating healthier food and getting some more exercise.
Jane: Hey, I started a diet and lost 10 pounds.
Mike: Then what happened?
Jane: Well, I quit and gained it back plus 5 pounds.
Mike: You ________ have kept trying.
解析:根据上一句中的“Well, I quit and gained it back plus 5 pounds.”可知,此处用should。should have done sth.表示“本来应该做某事,而实际上却没有做”。
(6)并列连词或复合句
并列连词(and, but, or, so等)
复合句(包括定语从句、名词性从句、状语从句)
定语从句考查关系代词(that, which, who, whom, whose, of which, of whom)或关系副词(when, where, why);
名词性从句考查连接词that, if/whether, which, who, whom, what, when, why, where, how等;
状语从句考查表示原因的从属连词(because, as, since)、表让步的从属连词(though, although, as)、表条件的从属连词(if, unless等)、表时间的从属连词(when, while, as, before, after, until, since等)、表结果的句型(so...that...或such...that...等)等。
第一步:分析结构,若句中有两个句子(有两个主谓结构),且两句之间没有句号、分号,也没有连接词,设空处必定考查并列连词或复合句。
第二步:根据两句之间的意义、逻辑关系或句式结构来确定是并列结构还是某种主从复合句。
第三步:若是主从复合句,要根据从句的特点并结合连接词的意义和作用来确定具体的连接词。
注意:若两个或几个单词或短语之间没有连词,也可能是填并列连词。
例21:I wanted to see as much of the city as possible in the two days ________ I was to return to Guangzhou.
解析:因为I wanted to...是一个句子,I was to return...也是一个句子,且这两个句子之间没有连词,也没有分号或句号,故可判断设空处一定是填连词;根据句意和两句之间的逻辑关系可知,“参观这个城市尽可能多的地方”应是在“返回广州”之前,故填before。
例22:My friends walked me to the bus stop and waited with me ________ the bus arrived.
解析:由两句之间的逻辑关系可知,是“和我一起等着直到公交车来”,所以用until或till引导时间状语从句。
例23:Behind him were other people to ________ he was trying to talk.
解析:空格前后都是句子且这两个句子之间没有关联词,故应填关联词;分析句子结构可知此处应填一个定语从句的关系词,先行词是people,关系词指“人”且作介词to的宾语,故应用关系代词whom。
(7)特殊句式(强调句型、倒装句、there be句型、感叹句、“祈使句+and/or+陈述句”结构、“not only...but also...”结构、“neither...nor...”结构、“either...or...”结构等)。
例24:...and ________ was only after I heard she became sick that I learned she couldn't eat MSG(味精)!
解析:去掉空格后的was及后面的that后句子依然完整,由此可知此处为强调句型“It is/was...that...”,故填it。
例25:________ I regret the hours wasted in the woods and fields!
解析:根据标点符号可知本句为感叹句,设空处后为一个句子,故设空处用How。
例26:Not only Alice ________ also Jane and Mary are tired of having one examination after another.
解析:根据前面的Not only可判断设空处应填but,构成“not only...but also...”结构。学科-网
3 解题时的注意事项
针对高考语法填空题的命题特点,考生在复习备考的过程中要注意以下几点:
(1)积累基础词汇,掌握常用的短语
语法填空题要求考生填入单词,所以考生必须重视基础词汇的拼写。对于常用的、易错的词要多下功夫记忆,如动词过去式、过去分词的不规则变化,构词法中常见的词缀等,都要熟记在心。
此外,语法填空题也常考查考生对习惯用法和特殊句式等的掌握程度,所以考生在平时复习的过程中要注意积累。
(2)系统掌握语法知识,了解语法功能
语法填空题主要考查考生对所学语法知识的运用能力,所以考生必须全面、系统地掌握语法知识。考生要了解各项语法功能,要能够准确分析句子结构和句子成分。关于句法,考生要准确判断从句的类型,并熟练掌握各种引导词的用法。
(3)强化语篇意识,提高理解能力
语法填空题的最大特点是突出语篇,这就要求考生提高阅读理解能力,平时可以选择一些难度中等的文章进行精读,研究文章的写作思路、结构特点等。与此同时,及时总结经验,提高在语篇情境下的解题能力,从而提高解题准确率,取得理想的成绩。
 [考法综述] 语篇型语法填空题考查考生在语境中正确运用语法知识和词汇知识的能力。设空方式分为有提示型填空和无提示型填空两种类型。从考查点看,动词的时态和语态及非谓语动词是考查的重点;其次是词性转换,其中以动词或名词转换成形容词、形容词转换为副词为主;无提示型填空以考查介词、连词、代词、冠词及关联词为主。题型主要有:
(1)考查词性转换;
(2)考查非谓语动词;
(3)考查动词的时态和语态;
(4)考查连词和复合句;
(5)考查冠词、介词、代词、名词。
命题法1 考查词类转换
典例1  He owned a farm, which looked almost abandoned. ________ (lucky), he also had a cow which produced milk every day.
[答案] Luckily 此空修饰整个句子,应用副词形式。形容词lucky是以辅音字母加y结尾的单词,变成副词时应改y为i,再加-ly。
【解题法】 词类转换的解题思路
(1)分析设空处的词在句中的成分;
(2)结合句意,联系上下文;
(3)根据词类转换规则填出正确答案。
命题法2 考查非谓语动词
典例2  A study of travelers ________ (conduct) by the website TripAdvisor names Yangshuo as one of the top 10 destinations in the world.
[答案] conducted 分析句子结构可知,句子的主语为“A study of travelers”,谓语为names,故空处应用非谓语动词形式。因为“A study of travelers”与conduct之间存在动宾关系,故用过去分词短语作后置定语,修饰“A study of travelers”。
【解题法】 考查非谓语动词的解题思路
(1)确定主句谓语,判断设空处为非谓语,分析非谓语所作成分,定语、状语或补语;
(2)分析非谓语动作与所修饰词之间的逻辑关系和动作发生的时间;
(3)根据各非谓语的功能填出正确形式。命题法3 考查动词的时态和语态典例3  This cycle ________ (go) day after day: The walls warm up during the day and cool off during the night and are thus always a timely offset (抵消) for the outside temperatures.
[答案] goes 这种现象日复一日,周而复始:墙白天暖,晚上凉,总是能及时抵消外界的温度。结合语境可知,这里陈述的是一种经常存在的客观事实,应用一般现在时表示现状。主语为This cycle,故谓语动词应用第三人称单数形式。
【解题法】 考查动词时态语态的解题思路
(1)确定空处为谓语,找出所对应的主语;
(2)根据语境或时间状语判断动作发生的时间,确定时态;
(3)结合主谓一致原则和所给动词的主动被动的用法,确定答案。
命题法4 考查连词和复合句
典例4  As natural architects, the Pueblo Indians figured out exactly ________ thick the adobe walls needed to be to make the cycle work on most days.
[答案] how 此处表示“作为天生的建筑师,普韦布洛印第安人确切地知道,要想使这个循环大部分时间都在运行土坯墙需要多厚”。由此可知,应用how修饰形容词thick,引导宾语从句。
典例5  I'd skipped nearby Guilin, a dream place for tourists seeking the limestone mountain tops and dark waters of the Li River ________ are pictured by artists in so many Chinese paintings.
[答案] that/which 空处引导定语从句修饰先行词“the limestone mountain tops and dark waters of the Li River”,且在从句中作主语,因此本空填关系代词that/which。
【解题法】 考查连词和复合句的解题思路
(1)找出主句和从句部分,分析从句的种类;
(2)分析所填词在从句中的成分和意义;
(3)根据不同从句引导词的不同功能确定合适的引导词。
命题法5 考查冠词、介词和代词、名词
典例6  Mr Johnson lived in the woods with his wife and children. He owned ________ farm, which looked almost abandoned.
[答案] a 考查冠词。farm在文中是第一次出现,而且表示泛指,所以用不定冠词a。
【解题法】 考查冠词、介词和代词、名词的解题思路
(1)分析句意,判断空处所表达的意义;
(2)结合一些固定搭配和各词类的用法试填答案;
(3)细读上下文,核实答案。
阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
Yangshuo, China
It was raining lightly when I __1__ (arrive) in Yangshuo just before dawn. But I didn't care. A few hours __2__, I'd been at home in Hong Kong, with __3__ (it) choking smog. Here, the air was clean and fresh, even with the rain.
I'd skipped nearby Guilin, a dream place for tourists seeking the limestone mountain tops and dark waters of the Li River __4__ are pictured by artists in so many Chinese __5__ (painting). Instead, I'd headed straight for Yangshuo. For those who fly to Guilin, it's only an hour away __6__ car and offers all the scenery of the better-known city.
Yangshuo __7__ (be) really beautiful. A study of travelers __8__ (conduct) by the website TripAdvisor names Yangshuo as one of the top 10 destinations in the world. And the town is fast becoming a popular weekend destination for people in Asia. Abercrombie & Kent, a travel company in Hong Kong, says it __9__ (regular) arranges quick getaways here for people __10__ (live) in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
1.________ 2.________ 3.________ 4.________
5.________ 6.________ 7.________ 8.________
9.________10.________
本文介绍了桂林的著名旅游景点阳朔。
1.arrived [考查动词。主句为过去进行时,因此when连接的时间状语从句应用一般过去时,故本空填arrived。]
2.before/earlier [考查副词。本句为过去完成时,描述的是作者来阳朔之前的情况,因此填副词before/earlier。]
3.its [考查代词。这里指香港的污浊空气,因此填物主代词its“它的”,指香港的。]
4.that/which [解析见典例5。]
5.paintings [考查名词。由前面的短语“so many”可知,本空应填名词复数paintings。]
6.by [考查固定搭配。从桂林乘车到这里仅用一个小时。by car“乘汽车”。]
7.is [考查动词。本句描述阳朔景色之美,应用一般现在时。]
8.conducted [解析见典例2。]
9.regularly [考查副词。本空修饰动词,应填regularly。]
10.living [考查非谓语动词。空处与“people”之间为逻辑上的主谓关系,故用现在分词短语作后置定语。]
The adobe dwellings (土坯房) __1__ (build) by the Pueblo Indians of the American Southwest are admired by even __2__ most modern of architects and engineers. In addition to their simple beauty, what makes the adobe dwellings admirable is their __3__ (able) to “air condition” a house without __4__ (use) electric equipment. Walls made of adobe take in the heat from the sun on hot days and give out that heat __5__ (slow) during cool nights, thus warming the house. When a new day breaks, the walls have given up their heat and are now cold enough __6__ (cool) the hous __7__ the same time, they warm up again for the night. This cycle __8__ (go) day after day: The walls warm up during the day and cool off during the night and are thus always a timely offset (抵消) for the
outside temperatures. As __9__ (nature) architects, the Pueblo Indians figured out exactly __10__ thick the adobe walls needed to be to make the cycle work on most days.学科~网
9.________10.________
这是一篇说明文,重点介绍了美国Pueblo印第安人所建土坯房独特的调节室温的特点。
1.built [考查过去分词短语作定语。本句主语是The adobe dwellings,谓语是are admired,因此空处不需要谓语动词,应用过去分词短语作定语表示一个被动的、已完成的动作。]
2.the [考查形容词最高级的用法。形容词最高级前用定冠词the。]
3.ability [考查词性转换。分析句子结构可知,空处在句中作表语,且前有their修饰,故填名词ability。]
4.using [考查动名词作宾语的用法。介词without之后接动名词作宾语。]
5.slowly [考查形容词转化为副词的用法。修饰动词应用副词。]
6.to cool [考查不定式短语作结果状语的用法。这是enough to do句型,表示“足以……”,不定式短语作结果状语。]
7.at [考查介词。at the same time表示“同时”,是固定搭配。]
8.goes [解析见典例3。]
9.natural [考查词性转换。修饰名词应用形容词。]
10.how [解析见典例4。]
Mr Johnson lived in the woods with his wife and children. He owned __1__ farm, which looked almost abandoned. __2__ (lucky), he also had a cow which produced milk every day. He sold or exchanged some of the milk in the towns nearby __3__ other food and made cheese and butter for the family with what __4__ (leave). The cow was their only means of support, in fact. One day, the cow was eating grass __5__ it began to rain heavily. While making great efforts to run away, she __6__ (fall) over the hill and died. Then the Johnsons had to make a living __7__ the cow. In order to support his family, Mr Johnson began to plant herbs and vegetables. Since the plants took a while to grow, he started cutting down trees __8__ (sell) the wood. Thinking about his children's clothes, he started growing cotton too. When harvest came around, he was already selling herbs, vegetables and cotton in the market __9__ people from the towns met regularly. Now it occurred to __10__ that his farm had much potential and that the death of the cow was a bit of luck.学科¥网
9.________10.________
本文是一个小故事。Johnson先生和家人住在树林中,他有一个看着几乎荒芜的农场,幸好他有一头奶牛。可是有一天牛死了,奶牛的死会给Johnson一家带来什么变化呢?
1.a [解析见典例6。]
2.Luckily [解析见典例1。]
3.for [考查介词。exchange A for B是固定搭配,意为“以A来换取B”,故填介词for。]
4.was left [考查时态和语态。主语与leave是被动关系,故用被动语态。根据语境可知,此处用一般过去时。]
5.when [考查连词。有一天,牛正在吃草,突然开始下大雨。根据语境可知,此处应用when“正在这时(突然)”。]
6.fell [考查动词时态。分析句子结构可知,此处填fell与后面的died作并列谓语。]
7.without [考查介词。根据文意可知这里是指“没有了那头牛”,故填without。]
8.to sell [考查非谓语动词。根据语境可知,此处应用动词不定式作目的状语。]
9.where [ 考查定语从句。先行词为market,关系词在从句中充当地点状语,故用where。]
10.him [考查代词。根据空后的“his farm”可知应填him,指代Mr Johnson。 It occurs to sb. that...“某人突然想起……”。]
Are you facing a situation that looks impossible to fix?
In 1969, the pollution was terrible along the Cuyahoga River near Cleveland, Ohio. It __1__ (be) unimaginable that it could ever be cleaned up. The river was so polluted that it__2__ (actual)
caught fire and burned. Now, years later, this river is one of __3__ most outstanding examples of environmental cleanup.
But the river wasn't changed in a few days __4__ even a few months. It took years of work __5__ (reduce)
the industrial pollution and clean the water. Finally,
that hard work paid off and now the water in the river is __6__ (clean) than ever.
Maybe you are facing an impossible situation. Maybe you have a habit __7__ is driving your family crazy. Possibly you drink too much or don't know how to control your credit card use. When you face such an impossible situation, don't you want a quick fix and something to change immediately?
While there are __8__ (amaze)
stories of instant transformation, for most of us the __9__ (change)
are gradual and require a lot of effort and work, like cleaning up a polluted river. Just be __10__ (patience).
9.________10.________
本文通过Cuyahoga河流污染治理的事例告诫我们,事物的变化是一个循序渐进的过程,需要我们付出大量的努力。
1.was [考查时态。事情发生在1969年,是一个过去的时间,故此处要用一般过去时。]
2.actually [考查副词。括号内所给的单词是形容词,空格处修饰动词caught和burned,故用actual的副词形式。]
3.the [考查冠词。形容词最高级标志词most前应该使用定冠词the。]
4.or [考查连词。句中a few days与a few months构成并列关系,且用于否定句中,故用连词or。]
5.to reduce [考查非谓语动词。首先应从谓语还是非谓语的角度考虑,句中已有谓语动词took,且没有连词,所以要使用非谓语动词。It takes/took (sb.) some time to do sth.是固定句式,故填to reduce。]
6.cleaner [考查形容词比较级。根据后面的than可知,此处应用clean的比较级形式。]
7.which/that [考查定语从句。先行词为表物的habit,而该定语从句缺少主语,故用which或that引导。]
8.amazing [考查形容词。此处用形容词修饰名词stories。amaze的形容词有两个,一个是amazing,另一个是amazed。修饰物(stories)当然用amazing。]
9.changes [考查名词复数。根据后面的谓语动词are可知,主语应用复数形式。]
10.patient [考查形容词。be动词为系动词,后要接形容词作表语,故填patience的形容词形式。]
One morning, I was waiting at the bus stop, worried about __1__ (be) late for school. There were many people waiting at the bus stop,__2__some of them looked very anxious and __3__ (disappoint).
When the bus finally came, we all hurried on board. I got a place next__4__the window, so I had a good view of the sidewalk. A boy on a bike __5__ (catch) my attention. He was riding beside the bus and waving his arms. I heard a passenger behind me shouting to the driver, but he refused__6__ (stop)
until we reached the next stop. Still, the boy kept __7__ (ride). He was carrying something over his shoulder and shouting. Finally, when we came to the next stop, the boy ran up to the door of the bus. I heard an excited conversation. Then the driver stood up and asked, “__8__ anyone lose a suitcase at the last stop?”
A woman on the bus shouted,
“Oh dear! It is __9__ (I).” She pushed her way to the driver and took the suitcase thankfully. Everyone on the bus began talking about what the boy had done and the crowd of strangers__10__ (sudden) became friendly to one another.
9.________10.________
一天早晨,作者乘坐公交车上学,途中发现一个骑自行车的男孩在追赶公交车。等公交车到站停车后,作者才知道男孩是为了归还乘客丢失的手提箱,男孩的举动感动了车上的乘客。
1.being [考查非谓语动词。首先应从谓语还是非谓语的角度考虑,介词about后应用v.-ing形式,因此填being。]
2.and [考查连词。分析句子结构可知,逗号前后两个句子之间需要用连词连接,并且前后句为并列关系,故填and。]
3.disappointed [考查形容词。本句的主语是some of them,此处and连接两个并列成分,再结合前面的形容词anxious可知,此处也应该填一个形容词。故此处用disappointed表示他们中有些人感到失望。]
4.to [考查介词。next to是固定短语,意为“挨着”。]
5.caught [考查时态。本文讲述的过去发生的事情,故此处应用一般过去时。]
6.to stop [考查非谓语动词。首先应从谓语还是非谓语的角度考虑,句中已有谓语动词refused,refused to do sth.,故填to stop。]
7.riding [考查非谓语动词。首先应从谓语还是非谓语的角度考虑,句中已有谓语动词kept,keep doing sth.,故填riding。]
8.Did [考查助动词。本句是一个一般疑问句,因文章为一般过去时,故本空应填助动词Did,注意首字母要大写。
9.me/mine [考查代词。此处可理解为有两种回答方式:一是“我丢了”,故用宾格形式me。二是“那是我的手提箱”,故用名词性物主代词mine。]
10.suddenly [考查副词。所填词在句中修饰动词became,故用sudden的副词形式。]
Last year, my brother and I went to Miami for a vacation. Some of my friends who had been there before said__1__ was a wonderful holiday destination. Before we went, we had planned for months. When the day came, we were ready.
After our plane landed, we went to the hotel. We had made our reservation six months__2__ (early), but the man at the front desk said there had been a mistake. We__3__ (tell) that our rooms hadn't been reserved for that week,__4__ for the week after. I didn't understand__5__ this would happen and my credit card had already been charged__6__ the reservation. What's worse, the hotel had been fully booked. When we were wondering what to do, the manager came out. She was__7__ (surprise) helpful. She apologized for the mistake and gave us a spare VIP room on__8__ top floor. We had never stayed in such an amazing room, and we weren't charged extra.
The next day, my brother and I went to the beach__9__ we watched some people play volleyball. We got a little__10__ (sunburn), but the day had been so relaxing that we didn't mind.
9.________10.________
文章讲述了度假的经历。
1.it [分析句子结构可知,这是指前面提到的Miami(迈阿密),所以用指示代词it。]
2.earlier [根据上文的six months可知,这里是说他们六个月前就预定了房间,所以这里用early的比较级。]
3.were told [根据上下文的内容可知,这里的tell与主语we是被动关系,应该用一般过去时的被动语态。]
4.but [分析句子结构可知,这里是not...but...(不是……而是……)的搭配。]
5.why [此处是宾语从句,根据上下文的内容可知,表示疑问,所以用why。]
6.for [charge...for“要价;收费”是固定搭配。]
7.surprisingly [分析句子结构可知,空处修饰后面的形容词helpful,所以要用副词形式。]
8.the [分析句子结构可知,是特指顶层的VIP房间,所以用定冠词。]
9.where [先行词为beach,所填词在定语从句中作地点状语,所以用where引导。]
10.sunburnt/sunburned [充当表语,而且主语是人,所以用sunburnt/sunburned。]
When you decide you're going to live alone, you get upset. This is __1__ (nature). But there's no need to get__2__ (worry). Below are some ideas __3__ can help you out.
Saving money is__4__ you need to start several months before you move out. You need to save enough money__5__ (help) you survive for at least a month in the new place.
The__6__ (easy) of all ways is to spend less!
Search for a place to live in before__7__ (move) out. Make sure that the place you choose is in a good location. Besides, you can afford__8__. If you're going to stay in an expensive city, find a roommate so that you can share the
And if you have to live__9__ your own for a long time, you'll have to look for a part-time job. If you're __10__ student, you can work in restaurants, theaters,
And don't spend a lot of money in a wasteful way! Try and save every penny of what you earn.
9.________10.________
本文主要讲述了单独在外居住时应如何摆脱沮丧的心情。
1.natural [考查形容词。当你决定单独生活时,你变得沮丧,这是自然的。根据句子结构可知,此处需要用nature的形容词形式。]
2.worried [考查形容词。get worried“担心,担忧”。]
3.that [考查定语从句。下面是一些帮助你摆脱困境的方法。因为先行词前有some修饰,所以此处用that引导限制性定语从句,在从句中作主语代替先行词ideas。]
4.what [考查表语从句。在你搬出去的几个月之前,你就需要开始存钱。what引导表语从句,并在从句中作宾语。]
5.to help [考查动词不定式。你需要存足够的钱,帮助你在新的地方生存至少一个月。此处用动词不定式作目的状语。]
6.easiest [考查最高级。所有的方法中最容易的就是少花钱。]
7.moving [考查非谓语动词。介词before后跟动词?ing形式。]
8.it [考查代词。此处用it指代前面“the place”。]
9.on [考查介词短语。on one's own“单独,独自”。]
10.a [考查冠词。如果你是一名学生,你能在餐馆、剧院等地方工作。]
A young and successful manager was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar, __1__ a brick hit the door of his Jaguar.
He jumped out of the car,__2__ (seize) some kid and pushed him up against the parked car, shouting, “That's __3__ new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of__4__. Why did you do it?” “I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do.”begged the youngster.
“It's my brother,”
he said.“He fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up.” Sobbing, the boy asked the manager, “__5__ you please help me get __6__ back into his wheelchair? He__7__ (hurt),
and he's too heavy for me.”
__8__ (move) beyond words, he lifted the young man back into the wheelchair and took out his handkerchief and wiped the scrapes and cuts, __9__ (check)
to see that everything was going to be okay.
“Thank you, sir. And God bless you,” the grateful child said to him and then pushed his brother down the sidewalk__10__ their home.
9.________10.________
一位经理的新车在途中被一个孩子砸了,他很生气。但是,了解到孩子是想要找人帮忙把受伤的哥哥扶回轮椅时,他很感动并且伸出了援手。
1.when [考查固定句型。句意:一个年轻有为的经理正以稍快的速度开着他的新捷豹经过住宅区的街道时,突然间一块砖砸到了他捷豹车的门上。该句使用固定句型sb.be doing sth.when...意为“某人正在做某事时突然……”。]
2.seized [考查动词的时态。句意:他跳下车,抓住一个孩子,并且推着他……。由句意可知该句中并列连词and连接了先后发生的三个过去动作,故填seized。]
3.a [考查冠词。句意:……大喊道:“那是一辆新车……”。名词new car第一次出现,故填不定冠词。]
4.money [考查名词。句意:……而且你扔砖造成的损坏将要花费很多钱(来修理)。动词cost意为“花费”,其后常加金钱或付出的代价,此处是说修理砖头造成的损害需要花很多钱,故填money。]
5.Would [考查情态动词。句意:请你帮我把他扶回到轮椅上好吗?此处是孩子乞求经理的帮助,Would/Will you pleae do sth.?意为“请你……好吗?”,表请求时would比will语气更委婉。]
6.him [考查代词。上文说到小孩的哥哥从轮椅上摔下来了,故此处填him,指代brother。]
7.is hurt [考查动词的时态语态。句意:他受伤了。he和hurt间为被动关系,这里是直接引语,表明当时受伤的状态,故填is hurt。]
8.Moved [考查形容词。句意:感动得说不出话,他把那个小伙子搬回了轮椅……。形容词moved意为“感动的”,在此处作伴随状语。]
9.checking [考查非谓语动词。句意:……并且掏出手帕擦拭他的伤口,确保一切无恙。check和逻辑主语he之间为主谓关系,故填现在分词作伴随状语。]
10.toward [考查介词。句意:……然后推着他哥哥沿着人行道朝家走去。介词toward意为“朝着……方向”。]
A couple had been married for over 60 years. They shared everything, talked about everything and kept no secrets __1__ each other except that the woman had a box in a drawer__2__ she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.
He'd never thought about it ever since. One day__3__ woman got very sick and the doctor said she wouldn't recover. To sort out their affairs, the husband took down the box and__4__ (bring) it to his wife's bedside. She agreed it was time that he should know__5__ was in the box.
__6__ (open) it, he found two small table mats and a sum of money totaling $25,000.
He asked her about the contents. “When we were to be married,” she said, “my grandma told me the secret of a happy__7__ (marry) was never to argue, and I should just keep quiet and make a mat__8__ I got angry with you.”
The man was so__9__ (move) that he had to fight back tears. She had only been angry with him twice in all those years of living and loving! “Honey,” he said, “that explains the mats, but what about the money? Where did it come from?”
“Oh,” she said, “that's the money I made from selling __10__.”
9.________10.________
本文是一篇记叙文。通过介绍一对已结婚60年的夫妇来告诉人们幸福婚姻的秘诀。
1.from [考查介词。根据“They shared everything”可知,他们之间没有秘密。keep sth. from sb.为固定搭配,意为“把某事瞒着某人”。故填介词from。]
2.that/which [考查定语从句。分析句子结构可知,此句是定语从句,从句中缺少open和about的宾语,先行词a box在从句中作宾语,故填关系代词that/which。]
3.the [考查冠词。此处特指上文提到的那个女人,故填the。]
4.brought [考查动词时态。根据“and”一词可知,“bring”与句中“took”并列作谓语动词,故填brought。]
5.what [考查宾语从句。分析句子结构可知,空格后句子作“know”的宾语从句,而从句中缺少主语,并且意为“什么”,故用what引导从句。]
6.Opening [考查非谓语动词。逗号前后两句话之间没有连词,故open应用非谓语动词形式,在句中作状语,又因为open与“he”构成主动关系,故填Opening。]
7.marriage [考查名词。根据“happy”一词可知,此处需填名词,marry的名词是marriage。]
8.if/when [考查状语从句。根据前后两句话之间的逻辑关系可知,所缺词的意思可以是“如果”,表示条件,或“当……时”,表示时间,故填if/when。]
9.moved [考查词性转换。空格处在句中作表语,而语境表示的是他如此感动,故空格处填moved,过去分词形容词化,常用于修饰人。]
10.them [考查代词。根据上文可知,用them代替mats。]
Passage 10
Do you like traveling? Staying __1__ (health) while__2__ (travel) can help to ensure your trip is a happy and enjoyable one. __3__ you are traveling abroad, here are the tips you need to make your trip much__4__ (easy):
Make sure you have got signed passport (护照) and visas. Also, before you go, fill in the emergency information page of your passport!Make two copies of your passport identification page. This will help a lot if your passport__5__ (steal). Leave one copy at home with friends or relatives. Carry the other __6__ you in a separate place from your passport.
Read the Public Announcements or Travel Warnings for the countries you plan to visit. Get yourself familiar with local laws and customs of the countries to __7__ you are traveling.
Leave a copy of your itinerary (旅行日程) with family or friends at home so that you can be contacted in case of an emergency.
Do not accept packages from strangers. Do not carry too much money or__8__ (necessary) credit cards. If we make enough__9__ (prepare), we will succeed. Have __10__ good time!
9.________10.________
本文介绍了游客去国外旅游时的注意事项。
1.healthy [考查形容词。句意:在旅行的时候保持健康能有助于确保你的旅行快乐有趣。该句中stay为系动词,意为“保持……”,故需填形容词作表语。]
2.traveling [考查省略。该句为while引导的时间状语从句的省略形式,完整的从句为while you are traveling。当状语从句的主语和主句的主语一致,且从句中含有be动词时,可将从句中的主语和be动词同时省去,故此处填traveling。]
3.If/When/While [考查状语从句。句意:如果你正在国外旅行(当你在国外旅行时),有一些对你有用而且可以让旅行变得更容易的窍门。由句意知,两个句子之间需要填引导时间状语从句或条件状语从句的连词,故填If, When或While均可。]
4.easier [考查形容词比较级。该空为make的宾语补足语,需填形容词,空前的much常用来修饰比较级,故填easier。]
5.is stolen [考查动词的时态语态。句意:如果你的护照被偷,这将会有很大的帮助。passport是单数,与steal之间为被动关系;由前面的will help可知该动作发生在将来,而条件状语从句中常用一般现在时表示将来,故填is stolen。]
6.with [考查介词。句意:随身携带另外一份,和护照放在不同的地方。介词with意为“和……一起”。]
7.which [考查定语从句。句意:让自己熟悉旅行目的地当地的法律和风俗习惯。该定语从句的先行词为countries,从句中介词to缺宾语,只能填which。]
8.unnecessary [考查形容词。句意:不要带太多的钱或不必要的信用卡。由句意可知此处需要填necessary的反义词unnecessary。]
9.preparations [考查名词。句意:只要作好充足的准备,我们就会一切顺利。make preparations意为“作准备”,为固定短语。]
10.a [考查冠词。have a good time意为“玩得高兴”,为固定短语。]
Passage 11
When times become difficult, remember a moment in your life that was filled with joy and happiness. Remember__1__ it made you feel, and you will have the strength you need to get through any trial.
When life throws you one more obstacle (障碍) __2__ you think you can handle, remember something you achieved through perseverance (毅力) and by__3__ (struggle) to the end. In doing so, you will find you have the ability to overcome each obstacle in your path.
When you find __4__ tired, remember to find a place to rest. Take the __5__ (necessity) time in your own life to dream your dreams and renew your energy,__6__ you will be ready to face each new day.
When you feel tension building, find something fun to do. You'll find that__7__ stress you feel will fade away and your thoughts will become__8__ (clear).
When you are faced with so many negative and tiring situations, and you view your life__9__ a whole and remember the positive things, you__10__ (realize)
how small problems may seem.
9.________10.________
本文告诉我们如何应对生活中所遇到的困难、障碍或压力等。
1.how [考查宾语从句。此处引导宾语从句,连接词在从句中作方式状语,故用how。]
2.than [考查比较级。由more可知填than,表示比较。]
3.struggling [考查非谓语动词。介词后用动名词形式作宾语。]
4.yourself [考查反身代词。句意:当你发现自己疲劳的时候,记住要找个地方休息一下。由句意可知用反身代词yourself作find的宾语。]
5.necessary [考查形容词。修饰名词用形容词形式。]
6.so/and [考查连词。此处连接前后两个为因果关系或顺承关系的句子,故用so或and。]
7.the [考查冠词。此处特指“你感受到的压力”,用定冠词。]
8.clearer [考查形容词比较级。句意:你会发现你感受到的压力消失了,你的思路更清晰了。句子暗含前后情况的对比,故填比较级。]
9.as [考查介词。as a whole意为“作为一个整体”,为固定搭配。]
10.will realize [考查动词时态。由时间状语从句的一般现在时可知主句应用一般将来时。]
Passage 12
W:Jack, how have your two sons been doing at school recently?
M:Don't ask! Mark never starts studying, and Jason never stops__1__ (study).
W:You're joking! I hear that Jason is likely __2__ (be)
the top of his class after exams this year.
M:Yes, so his teachers say. He __3__ (work) very hard at his books every evening for months on end recently. He is hoping to __4__ Harvard University.
W:Great. Maybe he'll become a university professor__5__ (he)
in the future.
M:Maybe. __6__ sometimes I wish he'd go out and enjoy himself __7__ a change.
W:Yes... What about the younger one?
M:Well, Mark's teachers say he has ability, but he __8__ (rare) does his best. He does his homework in ten minutes every day and then __9__ (rush)
out to play football.
W:Perhaps he can make his fortune at football. People can make plenty of money from sports now.
M:My wife always worries about his future.
W:Perhaps you can have a talk with him now to find out __10__ he is thinking about his studies and future plans.
M:Good idea.
I'll take your advice.
9.________10.________
这是一段对话。对话围绕Jack的两个孩子的学习情况展开,一个爱学习,一个爱玩。
1.studying [考查非谓语动词。固定短语stop doing sth.“停止做某事”,符合语境。]
2.to be [考查固定短语。be likely to do sth.为固定短语。]
3.has been working [考查动词的时态。根据时间状语“every evening for months on end recently”可知,此处应用现在完成进行时,表示某一动作从过去某一时间开始一直延续到现在或离现在不远的时间,故用has been working。]
4.attend/enter [考查动词短语。表示“上大学”可以用动词attend或enter。]
5.himself [考查反身代词。句意:或许将来他自己会成为一位大学教授。此处用反身代词himself表示“他自己”。]
6.But [考查连词。根据语境可知,此处应用转折连词But。]
7.for [考查介词。句意:但是有时候“我”希望他能出去玩得开心,改变一下。for a change意为“改变一下”,为固定短语,符合语境。]
8.rarely [考查副词。句意:Mark的老师说他有能力,但是他很少尽他最大的努力。此处用副词rarely“很少”修饰动词。]
9.rushes [考查动词的时态。句意:他每天花十分钟做他的家庭作业,然后冲出去踢足球。此处and连接两个并列谓语动词does和rushes。]
10.what [考查宾语从句。句意:或许你现在可以和他谈谈,弄清楚他对于学习和未来是如何想的。分析句子成分可知,在该宾语从句中,thinking缺少宾语,故填what。]
Passage 13
Alice:Hi,Peter! I saw you on the 7 o'clock news last night.
Peter:Oh, yeah.
Alice:So tell us what happened.
Peter:I __1__ (walk) alone on the beach when I heard someone __2__ (call) out for help. I looked up and there on the headland was a little kid. He had climbed up the cliff (悬崖) and was stuck.
Alice:What did you do then?
Peter:My first thought was to run and get help, but the boy was crying.He looked as though he would fall at__3__ moment. So I climbed up to get him down.The rocks were very loose, and I almost __4__ (slip) a couple of times.I was beginning to think __5__ wasn't a good idea to climb up there alone and that I __6__ (get) help
first. Then
boy.__7__, I couldn't get him down.We were both stuck!
Alice:And then what did you do?
Peter:I shouted for help.Pretty soon there came __8__ small crowd on the beach. One of them called the Coast Rescue Service. About five minutes__9__ there appeared a helicopter overhead, and we__10__ (rescue).
9.________10.________
本文为艾丽斯和彼得之间的对话。主要讲述了彼得如何帮助一位困在山崖上的孩子脱险的故事。
1.was walking [考查动词的时态。根据本句中的when可判断本句考查“be doing sth.when...”句型。设空处表示过去正在进行的动作,故用过去进行时。句意:我正独自在海滩上散步,这时我听到有人在大喊救命。]
2.calling [考查非谓语动词。宾语someone与call之间为逻辑上的主动关系且表示正在进行,故用现在分词作宾补。]
3.any [考查固定搭配。句意:他看上去好像随时都可能掉下来。at any moment“随时”。]
4.slipped [考查动词的时态。本文在讲过去的经历,故本空用一般过去时。]
5.it [考查代词。本句中to climb up there alone为真正的主语,故用it作形式主语。]
6.should have got [考查情态动词。此处表示过去本该首先求助,故用should have got。]
7.However [考查副词。前后两句为转折关系,而设空处所在句子与上句之间被句点隔开,故本空需用副词,故答案为However。]
8.a [考查冠词。设空处后的crowd为可数名词,在本句中表泛指,故与不定冠词连用。]
9.later [考查副词。“一段时间+later”表示一段时间之后。]
10.were rescued [考查动词的时态语态。we与rescue之间为被动关系,句子又表示过去的经历,故用一般过去时的被动语态形式。]
Passage 14
Tim:Hi, Susan. I've been wondering when I'd run into you.What are you busy with?
Susan:Nice to meet you here, Tim. I'm buying some Christmas gifts for those__1__ work with me, but it's really__2__ headache.
Tim:Maybe I can give you some advice.Firstly, you should consider __3__ (divide) them into different groups-who are the people that are your friends as well as your workmates and who are the people you don't know well__4__ see pretty much daily.
Susan:OK, then __5__ should I do?
Tim:For the friends, you can buy__6__ some personal gifts. Chocolate, for example.
Susan:This is what I always give, but I know one of my friends, Mary,
is__7__ a diet.
Tim:Does she like fruit or coffee? Anyway, think of the gift that you know your friend likes.
Susan:Well, I think fruit is helpful to keep __8__ (health). What about others?
Tim:You can send them cards.
Susan:Christmas cards?
Tim:Yes, you can afford them. More __9__ (important), it reminds them that your're thinking of them.
Susan:Thank you for your suggestion, Tim. You __10__ (help) me out.
9.________10.________
苏珊正为给同事买圣诞礼物而头疼,这时蒂姆给了她一些建议。
1.who [考查定语从句。先行词为those,关系词在定语从句中作主语,且指“人”,故用who引导。]
2.a [考查冠词。句意:……但那真是件令人头疼的事情。此处表泛指,故填不定冠词。]
3.dividing [考查非谓语动词。设空处作consider的宾语,consider doing sth.“考虑做某事”,故填dividing。]
4.but [考查连词。句意:……哪些是你不是很熟悉但每天频繁见面的人们。由此可见前后两部分为转折关系,故用but连接。]
5.what [考查疑问代词。句意:好的。然后我该做什么呢?根据上下文逻辑可知设空处用what(什么)。]
6.them [考查代词。buy后常加双宾语,故此处用them代替前面提到的friends。]
7.on [考查介词。on a diet为固定短语,意为:在节食。]
8.healthy [考查形容词。keep healthy“保持健康”。形容词healthy作系动词keep的表语。]
9.importantly [考查副词。“more importantly”常用于句首,用来修饰整个句子,意为:更重要的是。]
10.have helped [考查动词的时态。既然蒂姆给了苏珊很好的建议,因此可推断出蒂姆已经帮助苏珊摆脱了困境,故设空处用现在完成时态。]
易错题一:忽视语篇和上下文的逻辑关系
[例1] It was raining lightly when I __1_(arrived)__ (arrive) in Yangshuo just before dawn. But I didn't care. A few hours __2__, I'd been at home in Hong Kong, with __3_(its)__ (it) choking smog. Here, the air was clean and fresh, even with the rain...
[错解] later
[错因分析] 考生在做此类试题时容易忽视上下文的语境,主观臆断,从而误填later。
[答案] earlier或before
[心得体会]
[例2] Jonny: Keep __1_(holding)__ (hold) your position for a while. It helps develop your strength and flexibility. Raise your leg and let __2__ stay in the air for seconds.
Peter: I feel my legs shaking...
[错解] them
[错因分析] 考生在做此类题时容易忽视上下文的语境,主观臆断,或根据下文的legs来判断,从而误填them。
[答案] it
[心得体会]
易错题二:忽视语法结构
[例1] ...Abercrombie & Kent, a travel company in Hong Kong, says it __1_(regularly)__ (regular) arranges quick getaways here for people __2__ (live) in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
[错解] to live
[错因分析] 不少考生在空白处填写to live,认为此处是动词不定式的复合结构。
[答案] living
[心得体会]
[例2] In the beginning, there was only __1_(a)__ very small amount of unfairness in the world, but everyone added a little, always __2__ (think) that is was only small and not very important, and look where we have ended up today.
[错解] thought
[错因分析] 不少考生在空格处误填thought,认为所填词与added并列作谓语。
[答案] thinking
[心得体会]
易错题三:忽视固定搭配
[例] ...He sold or exchanged some of the milk in the towns nearby __1__ other food and made cheese and butter for the family.
[错解] with
[错因分析] 不少考生会忽视此处是一个固定搭配,而误填其他词。
[答案] for
[心得体会]
易错题四:忽视英语句型
[例1] The ________ (hard) you try to beat him, the more likely you will get hit.
He controls you!
[错解] hardest
[错因分析] 考生认为the修饰最高级而误填答案hardest。
[答案] harder
[心得体会]
[例2] It took years of work __1__(reduce) the industrial pollution and clean the water. Finally, that hard work paid off and now the water in the river is __2_(cleaner)__(clean) than ever.
[错解] reducing
[错因分析] 有些考生做题时由于忽视此句为固定句型而误填reducing。
[答案] to reduce
[心得体会]
版权所有:中华资源库
预览已结束,如需查看所有内容,请下载资料!
对不起,此页暂时无法预览!
官方微信公共账号
资源库-微信公众号

我要回帖

更多关于 字母组成单词软件 的文章

随机推荐